Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,549 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:48 PM

WEB...Travails of a detective. - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / WEB...Travails of a detective. (26964 Views)

First Middle-grade Mystery/detective Novel Series By An African Writer / THE WITNESS (A Detective Kolapo Story) / THE CHASE (A Detective Kolapo Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by genius43(m): 11:14am On Mar 06, 2018
jhurney:
Thank you and thanks for the observation.

You are welcome
Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by EkopSparoAyara(m): 12:02pm On Mar 06, 2018
I still don't trust this Ayo guy oo.. I just hope he isn't a bad egg.. Bravo Jhurney... Please make some adjustments on typo's.. Your doing great..

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Nobody: 12:49pm On Mar 06, 2018
Cadec007:
Vannlex brandon180 parismoore blackfreedom mbeki

Present Sir, Thanks alot.

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 12:49pm On Mar 06, 2018
EkopSparoAyara:
I still don't trust this Ayo guy oo..
I just hope he isn't a bad egg..
Bravo Jhurney...
Please make some adjustments on typo's.. Your doing great..
Noted
Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Nobody: 10:20pm On Mar 06, 2018
Cadec007 thanks 4 ur mention, make Op update more b4 I read if not..... Jhurney more ink to ur pen. Hope u called ur fellow devils cadec?

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Cadec007(m): 10:24pm On Mar 06, 2018
Maiconyoung:
Cadec007 thanks 4 ur mention, make Op update more b4 I read if not.....
Jhurney more ink to ur pen.
Hope u called ur fellow devils cadec?
yes o neezar!! Leave those psg alone and come and read!
Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Nobody: 10:30pm On Mar 06, 2018
Cadec007:
yes o neezar!! Leave those psg alone and come and read!
I twale 4 u, how about ellabae?
Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Cadec007(m): 10:34pm On Mar 06, 2018
Maiconyoung:
I twale 4 u, how about ellabae?
my brother ellabae eloped b4 i could profess my love for her....but i have declared her missing.....@t least she should come back let me tell her how i feel then she can choose to stay or go, abi?

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Nobody: 8:20am On Mar 07, 2018
Cadec007:
my brother ellabae eloped b4 i could profess my love for her....but i have declared her missing.....@t least she should come back let me tell her how i feel then she can choose to stay or go, abi?
this is one of my prblm with the devils. Must u love her?
Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by souloho19(m): 8:21am On Mar 07, 2018
jhurney:
EPISODE
Hehe, are you not a police officer in view? He jokingly asked, the Nigerian police evolved already and on the global stage, they are ranking high with most developed nations. Their records are now computerized

Amen o!
I'm luvin this bro ride on

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Cadec007(m): 11:41am On Mar 07, 2018
Maiconyoung:
yes!!!!!!!!!!! Ellabae is bae
Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Ellabae(f): 12:38pm On Mar 07, 2018
Maiconyoung:
don't mind him

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Ellabae(f): 12:48pm On Mar 07, 2018
Cadec007:
Lol. Who u dey declare missing?

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Cadec007(m): 12:58pm On Mar 07, 2018
Ellabae:
Lol. Who u dey declare missing?
welcome bae!!!! :-D
Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Ellabae(f): 1:04pm On Mar 07, 2018
Cadec007:
welcome bae!!!! :-D
Thank u. How av u been?

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Cadec007(m): 1:11pm On Mar 07, 2018
Ellabae:
Thank u. How av u been?
not fine i hv been searching all over for you i even almost declared you missing in all the thread!! :-D......btw how was ur little holiday?
Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Cadec007(m): 1:28pm On Mar 07, 2018
Ellabae:
don't mind him
Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 3:51pm On Mar 07, 2018
souloho19:

Amen o! I'm luvin this bro ride on
lol...abii

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 3:54pm On Mar 07, 2018
FOURTEEN AND FIFTEEN..

I quickly finished my meal which got mum suspicious as i was known to be a slow eater, but my eagerness to read ayo's next message made me finish my food on time.

I opened the messenger app and clicked on ayo's contact, but i was surprised to see there was no message from him yet. I decided to send him a message instead.
What are the informations you've gotten about the man? the one pictured with my father. I was about clicking on the send option when a message from ayo popped up.

Sorry, the service here is bad, so i had to move somewhere else but that was after i plugged the phone to charge as it could shut down anytime soon, There is an issue though'' I searched for information regarding the man in the picture with your father on the police database, but i found nothing. His name inclusive, it must have been wiped out from their database.

Disappointment was registered on my face as i read out the last message.
What is your next plan? I quickly asked him. Well, i'll just keep on working with the intel i have in hand already, and the link to this victim's death is still your father, with that, i should be able to come up with something, But i'll still keep on trying to find out the identity of the man.

Ok, just keep me posted, i replied. Lest i forget, which of the police stations did you try getting the information from? I added
I checked out all the police stations but their informations are stored under one unit, so i had no problem getting what i needed.

I cloned the informations on their computers and generated the password, Ayo replied.

Ok, all the best bro, i put in, i'll let you know if i remember anything that may benefit you. Thanks, he replied.

I resumed at the academy and put much vigour into the activities as it was the last and final phase of our training. Hey, james. The chief instructor wants to see you, i heard tinu say.

Ooh, what for? i squeezed my face. Are you asking me? I dont know. She chuckled as she walked away.

We had just finished the afternoon drills and i was on my way to the lodge to freshen up when tolu came calling. I turned back and raced to the instructor's office. I knocked lightly on the door, who's there? The voice asked from within. James sir, i answered.

Come in james. I gently closed the door as i stepped into his office. I stood at attention and raised my right hand to salute him. You asked of me sir, i said in the most official way. Yes, i want you to gather few of your colleagues, we have an issue to resolve some kilometres fron here, and we have to be fast about it or else someone might be a victim of jungle justice if we tarry too much.

He said without looking up from his table. Aye sir, i said and moved out of the man's office immediately so he wont see frustration plastered on my face if he decides to look up at that moment.

I dont know why they've made me their number one person when it comes to any outing'' i thought to myself and hissed to show my disgust. Is tayo not in the premises? I further asked myself. Tayo was the leader of group h and always liked to be everywhere.

I was able to gather just six of my willing colleagues including tinu after she threatened not to talk to me again if i refused to take her along. They all thought i was privileged, what they did not know was that i dreaded going for this kind of operations after that first incident.

We set out in one of the academy's bus, we were eight in number, the chief instructor, the driver and the six of us. We barely drove for ten minutes when we got to the place, it was a market place.
There was a large crowd and they seemed to be attracted to something in their middle.

As soon as they heard the siren sounding from our vehicle, they all dispersed, i noted that most of them went back to their sheds while some ran away in the opposite direction, most of them are traders i concluded within me.

After they all cleared the spot, we saw a foreigner in the middle and if not for our timely arrival, he would have been murdered as there was a keg of petrol and two tires were already places round his neck.

We approached him and relief showed on his face. We removed the tires from his neck and allowed him to seat on one of the chairs found nearby, the others questioned him as i went to one of the female traders and asked her what really happened.
She told me the man was accused of stealing and they wanted to burn him alive, i thanked her and went to meet the others.

As i got nearer to them, i deduced that the man is either from spain or mexico as he looked like the footballers i watch on television. He was already furious as anger was expressed on his face. Barbaric people, that is why they are yet to develop, he said with much fury, our instructor obviously vexed shouted at him to keep quiet.
“Proximo que" he snapped at the instructor, you gonna kill me? He added.

Let's get put of here, tinu said ignoring the man's last comment. Yea, but we have to drop this man at his place, the instructor said as he pointed at the him.
We dropped the man in an hotel where he said was lodging in and proceeded back to the academy. Tinu later told me the man was an engineer who was contracted to work on one of the roads in the city, he wanted to have a taste of the african recipe which was why he came to the market, he picked a cherry and digged his teeths into the fruit probably thinking his country was the same as Nigeria.
The seller on seeing that started shouting and attracted the other traders who just grabbed and wanted to deal with him at that moment, his explanations fell on deaf hears. I laughed that my ribs ached after tinu told me the story.
The incident taught me another lesson, that patience matters a lot and dialogue is a necessity when resolving issues. I still laugh anytime i remember the incident...

5 Likes

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Cadec007(m): 6:58pm On Mar 07, 2018
Thanks....i am feeling something bound to happen btw tinu and james

2 Likes

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Oroolorun(m): 9:06pm On Mar 07, 2018
Another detective story, go on guy, we are with you.

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Nobody: 9:39am On Mar 08, 2018
Cadec007:
yes!!!!!!!!!!! Ellabae is bae
I agree with u but did u ask 4 my permission b4 professing the love? Did I permit u?

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 08, 2018
Ellabae:
don't mind him
LOL, abi this is what I have been telling you about.
Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Cadec007(m): 12:25pm On Mar 08, 2018
Maiconyoung:
I agree with u but did u ask 4 my permission b4 professing the love? Did I permit u?
kai bros u wan spoil my ticket like man city abi?...........i need ur permission again?
Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Mar 08, 2018
Cadec007:
kai bros u wan spoil my ticket like man city abi?...........i need ur permission again?
U don't know u need my permission?
Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Cadec007(m): 1:14pm On Mar 08, 2018
Maiconyoung:
U don't know u need my permission?
i got your permission already :-D
Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Nobody: 2:33pm On Mar 08, 2018
Cadec007:
i got your permission already :-D
From where?
Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Cadec007(m): 2:45pm On Mar 08, 2018
Maiconyoung:
From where?
dat ttttttiiiiimmmmeeeee na! U don forget?
Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Nobody: 3:30pm On Mar 08, 2018
Cadec007:
dat ttttttiiiiimmmmeeeee na! U don forget?
Naaaa, maybe not 4rm me, ur ticket go just spoil 4 here.
Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by EkopSparoAyara(m): 4:19pm On Mar 08, 2018
jhurney:
Noted
Okay bro..

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by EkopSparoAyara(m): 4:26pm On Mar 08, 2018
That's how they would have lynched an innocent man.. Bravo Jhurney..

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by itsandi(m): 4:37pm On Mar 08, 2018
Interesting smiley Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. / With Velvet Gloves. / The Most Memorable Book You Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.