Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,784 members, 7,806,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

“black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening (21167 Views)

BBNaija: Erica Loses N1.8 Million After Disqualification / The Wedding Party 2 Rakes In N73m In Just Days / 'The Wedding Party 2' Earned N20 Million On Opening Day At Cinemas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

“black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by Wepublicisenaij: 6:37pm On Feb 18, 2018
In what appears to be a positive opening in the Box Office, Marvel’s Black Panther has earned a whopping $75.8 million on its first day, including $25.2m in Thursday previews.

Forbes reports that this was the fourth-biggest superhero opening day in history, behind The Avengers ($80m), Batman v Superman ($81m) and Avengers: Age of Ultron ($84m).

It’s the second-biggest pre-summer launch behind Batman v Superman ($81m), the top single day gross for a solo superhero movie, the biggest single day for a movie not directed by a white male, the eighth-biggest opening day ever and the very biggest single day ever for a non-sequel movie.

Watch Trailer

It earned $50.6 million on its “pure” Friday (minus the Thursday previews). That is just over/under the likes of Batman v Superman ($53m), Iron Man 3 ($53m), Furious 7 ($50m), The Dark Knight ($49m), Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part II ($48m), Spider-Man 3 ($48m), Captain America: Civil War ($48m) and Beauty and the Beast ($48m). That’s the biggest “pure Friday” gross for a non-sequel.

CBR is predicting that the movie should generate an estimate of $200 million by Monday, February 19, 2018.

A sequel has yet to be officially announced, although Marvel Studios’ Kevin Feige has already confirmed he wants director Ryan Coogler to return to helm a potential sequel.

Now in theaters, Black Panther is directed by Ryan Coogler and stars Chadwick Boseman as T’Challa /Black Panther, Michael B. Jordan as N’Jadaka /Erik “Killmonger” Stevens, Lupita Nyong’o as Nakia, Danai Gurira as Okoye, Martin Freeman as Everett K. Ross, Daniel Kaluuya as W’Kabi, Letitia Wright as Shuri, Winston Duke as M’Baku, Angela Bassett as Ramonda, Forest Whitaker as Zuri and Andy Serkis as Ulysses Klaue.

http://wepublicisenaija.com/236332/black-panther-rakes-in-whopping-75-8-million-on-its-opening/

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by Dboy55(m): 6:43pm On Feb 18, 2018
King of my city, king of my country, king of my homeland
King of the filthy, king of the fallen, we living again
King of the shooters, looters, boosters, and ghettos poppin'
King of the past, present, future, my ancestors watching
King of the culture, king of the soldiers, king of the bloodshed
King of the wisdom, king of the ocean, king of the respect
King of the opps that miss it and dreamers that go and get it
King of the winners, district and geniuses with conviction
King of the fighters, king of the fathers, king of the belated
King of the answer, king of the problem, king of the forsaken
King of the empathy, you resent me, king of remorse
King of my enemies, may they father feed, I rejoice
King of the skyscrapers, dodging haters, broke religion
Nine faces, go against 'em, I erased 'em with precision
I embrace them with collision
Kings did it, king vision, Black Panther, King Kendrick
All hail the king, I dropped a million tears
I know several responsibilities put me here
I don't pedal backwards but I live old-fashioned
And the lens that I'm looking through
Won't prescribe me the right glasses, masses are now free
Ashes I'm dumping out, 'bout to spread 'cross all seas
Sisters and brother in unison, not because of me
Because we don't glue with the opposition, we glue with peace
And I'm still gon' Bleep up your organization if any beef
What do you stand for?
Are you an activist? What are your city plans for?
Are you an accident, are you just in the way?
Your native tongue contradicting what your body language say
Are you a king or you joking, are you a king or you posing?
Are you a king or you smoking bud rocks to keep you open?
Because the king don't cry, king don't die
King don't lie, king give heart, king get by, king don't fall
Kingdom come, when I come, you know why
King, king, king, king
I am T'Challa!
Cc: kendrick lamar

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by VonTrapp: 6:49pm On Feb 18, 2018
Over hyped movie. Many people will be disappointed when they eventually get to watch it. A 6/10 at best

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by MrTubber: 9:44am On Feb 19, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by humblesteve(m): 9:44am On Feb 19, 2018
Great
Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by Sardonicus: 9:44am On Feb 19, 2018
Waiting for the pirated copy to download

13 Likes

Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by Ezenwammadu(m): 9:44am On Feb 19, 2018
I must watch this movie on Wednesday

VonTrapp:
Over hyped movie. Many people will be disappointed when they eventually get to watch it. A 6/10 at best

DC fanboy spotted undecided

49 Likes

Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by King4Roller: 9:45am On Feb 19, 2018
Nice.
Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by Nobody: 9:45am On Feb 19, 2018
Cant wait to watch this movie

1 Like

Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by Daviestunech(m): 9:45am On Feb 19, 2018
cool. Cool movie
Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by FarahAideed: 9:45am On Feb 19, 2018
VonTrapp:

Are all movies not always over hyped ..

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by Burger01(m): 9:46am On Feb 19, 2018
VonTrapp:
Have you seen the movie?

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by teckmore(m): 9:46am On Feb 19, 2018
Are you kidding me? � undecided?
There is hope for nollywood also if my Aba boys go gree

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by GeoOla25(m): 9:46am On Feb 19, 2018
Cinema here I come this week

1 Like

Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by youngbelieve(f): 9:46am On Feb 19, 2018
Hmmmmm
Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by NonFarmPayrol: 9:47am On Feb 19, 2018
call it overhyped call it what you like

at least it showed a black super hero movie can sell

In Uyo here. Hundreds turned up yesterday for it

and this should have been done by Africans , but the Americans showed us what we missed by using our own culture now to make millions of dollars, while we chase change in the name of nolly wood undecided

for me the best character was tchalla sister

very funny person

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by Ericolegend(m): 9:47am On Feb 19, 2018
Biko where can i download it. Ma boss no go allow me go cinema watch am
Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by Nobody: 9:47am On Feb 19, 2018
Looking forward to see this movie.......

1 Like

Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by selfmadeOLX(m): 9:47am On Feb 19, 2018
MARVEL for life! DC is for kids but I still love Green Arrow though smiley
Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by Primusinterpares(m): 9:48am On Feb 19, 2018
mehnnnnn... a must watch indeed

1 Like

Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by pentax(m): 9:48am On Feb 19, 2018
VonTrapp:
Like say ur opinion matters

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by kennyblaze007(m): 9:48am On Feb 19, 2018
From all the reviews I have seen...this will be the best movie for the year...

Just waiting patiently for Toxicwap to upload it

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by KehnnyCares(m): 9:49am On Feb 19, 2018
Best movie so far.
Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by fiercehillz(m): 9:50am On Feb 19, 2018
Love the trailer...hope I love the movie as well

1 Like

Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by Koolking(m): 9:51am On Feb 19, 2018
Waiting for the series...

The promotion on this movie is overrated. Nice business move though

1 Like

Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by LZAA: 9:51am On Feb 19, 2018
VonTrapp:
i get promotion but yeah the hype too much
im a black man but im so uncomfortable with all the first black this first black that
ppl conviniently forget about shaft and blade.
smh

13 Likes

Re: “black Panther” Rakes In Whopping $75.8 Million On Its Opening by LZAA: 9:53am On Feb 19, 2018
NonFarmPayrol:
call it overhyped call it what you like

at least it showed a black super hero movie can sell

and this should have been done by Africans , but the Americans showed us what we missed by using our own culture now to make millions of dollars, while we chase change in the name of nolly wood undecided

for me the best character was tchalla sister

very funny person
Blade was what?
a white super hero?
d only diff is d budget o

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Profile Of Daniella, Bbnaija Season 7 Housemate / Pictures Of Fire Outbreak At AIT Abuja / Nollywood Movie Awards Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.