Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

What Does Anaesthesia Feel Like? Please Share Your Experiences. . . - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Does Anaesthesia Feel Like? Please Share Your Experiences. . . (1212 Views)

Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. / Doctors Share Their Experiences With Nigerian Patients / Staphylococcus Aureus : I Feel like Commiting Suicide. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does Anaesthesia Feel Like? Please Share Your Experiences. . . by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 18, 2018
Going to be operated on tomorrow. I'm low-key petrified. Like, scared to death but I'm acting tough. Lol. They've explained the procedure to me and I've been on YouTube all day watching videos but I still have this irrational fear. It's like I'm going to get a free trial of being dead, but I don't want a free trial embarassed cry

I'm not scared of the surgery itself, just the process of losing consciousness.

Someone just tell me I wont die cry
Re: What Does Anaesthesia Feel Like? Please Share Your Experiences. . . by Nobody: 7:02pm On Feb 18, 2018
Boop
Re: What Does Anaesthesia Feel Like? Please Share Your Experiences. . . by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 18, 2018
Bop
Re: What Does Anaesthesia Feel Like? Please Share Your Experiences. . . by Tohzara(m): 7:41pm On Feb 18, 2018
AnonyNymous:
Going to be operated on tomorrow. I'm low-key petrified. Like, scared to death but I'm acting tough. Lol. They've explained the procedure to me and I've been on YouTube all day watching videos but I still have this irrational fear. It's like I'm going to get a free trial of being dead, but I don't want a free trial embarassed cry

I'm not scared of the surgery itself, just the process of losing consciousness.

Someone just tell me I wont die cry
Don't panic, bro. You'll be surely fine. It certainly won't kill you. And you know that thing Nietzsche said, "what does not kill me makes me stronger"? That's how it is.

You'll emerge stronger---different, with new experiences, and definitely something new to contemplate and delightfully think about.

I wish you a successful operation. It is well, boss. You'll be discharged whole. smiley

1 Like

Re: What Does Anaesthesia Feel Like? Please Share Your Experiences. . . by Nobody: 7:47pm On Feb 18, 2018
Tohzara:
Don't panic, bro. You'll be surely fine. It certainly won't kill you. And you know that thing Nietzsche said, "what does not kill me makes me stronger"? That's how it is.

You'll emerge stronger---different, with new experiences, and definitely something new to contemplate and delightfully think about.

I wish you a successful operation. It is well, boss. You'll be discharged whole. smiley
I guess after the surgery I may or may not have a different perspective about consciousness.

The doctor just told me that I'll be given a drug tonight and tomorrow morning to make me feel sort of 'high' and happy to the point that I might even forget I have surgery, and sleep well this night.

Isn't that drug abuse? grin I've never used any drug before so I don't even know what being high feels like, lol. That made me feel a bit better though.

I'm really just scared of losing control cry
Re: What Does Anaesthesia Feel Like? Please Share Your Experiences. . . by Tohzara(m): 7:58pm On Feb 18, 2018
AnonyNymous:

I guess after the surgery I may or may not have a different perspective about consciousness.

The doctor just told me that I'll be given a drug tonight and tomorrow morning to make me feel sort of 'high' and happy to the point that I might even forget I have surgery, and sleep well this night.

Isn't that drug abuse? grin I've never used any drug before so I don't even know what being high feels like, lol. That made me feel a bit better though.

I'm really just scared of losing control cry
Lol. I understand. The fear of losing consciousness. I would have the same fear, as it's deeper than sleep, and sorta closer to death. Hehehe.

But many people have gone through it and came out alive----they didn't "lose" themselves permanently. So, let that motivate you and rid you of the fear, at least to a degree. smiley

1 Like

Re: What Does Anaesthesia Feel Like? Please Share Your Experiences. . . by Tollzara(m): 1:38pm On Feb 19, 2018
AnonyNymous. Any update?

Be good, bro. Momma's spirit is with you all the way.

1 Like

Re: What Does Anaesthesia Feel Like? Please Share Your Experiences. . . by missuzoma: 2:29pm On Feb 19, 2018
Pls update. Been there and feared for Africa but alive and well today. Praying for you.

1 Like

Re: What Does Anaesthesia Feel Like? Please Share Your Experiences. . . by Nobody: 4:53pm On Feb 19, 2018
I lived grin grin grin

In hindsight, I had nothing to be worried about. I was laughing after the surgery. Basically they put me on this bed thingy with my arms spread out like Jesus on the cross. Lol. I thought they were going to rip me apart and cut and keep cutting. At that point I wanted to jump off and run away (even though I was mostly naked). Then I remembered something I read and started counting to 100 to take my mind off it.

I don't think I got up to 20, and I can't remember when I lost consciousness. But the funny thing is that I remember having a very, very, vivid dream. But before I knew it I started hearing the sounds of the doctors talking. And a little bit of pain where the surgery was. I woke up and wanted to start laughing but then I started forgetting my dream. I wanted to start screaming that someone should give me a pen and paper (lmao) so I could write down what happened in my dream but my body wasn't still 'fully mine' and I could barely even move any muscle. I also wasn't too sure that I was awake, because all the doctors with their masks on didn't look human lol. But it seemed like the more I woke up, the more I forgot what happened in the dream. By the time I was fully awake and aware of my surroundings, they'd wheeled me into the recovery room and I saw my favorite doctor. Both of us were just laughing without saying anything. grin

Thanks for your encouragement/checking on me guys. smiley

cc Tollzara missuzoma

6 Likes

Re: What Does Anaesthesia Feel Like? Please Share Your Experiences. . . by Tollzara(m): 5:52pm On Feb 19, 2018
AnonyNymous:
I lived grin grin grin

In hindsight, I had nothing to be worried about. I was laughing after the surgery. Basically they put me on this bed thingy with my arms spread out like Jesus on the cross. Lol. I thought they were going to rip me apart and cut and keep cutting. At that point I wanted to jump off and run away (even though I was mostly naked). Then I remembered something I read and started counting to 100 to take my mind off it.

I don't think I got up to 20, and I can't remember when I lost consciousness. But the funny thing is that I remember having a very, very, vivid dream. But before I knew it I started hearing the sounds of the doctors talking. And a little bit of pain where the surgery was. I woke up and wanted to start laughing but then I started forgetting my dream. I wanted to start screaming that someone should give me a pen and paper (lmao) so I could write down what happened in my dream but my body wasn't still 'fully mine' and I could barely even move any muscle. I also wasn't too sure that I was awake, because all the doctors with their masks on didn't look human lol. But it seemed like the more I woke up, the more I forgot what happened in the dream. By the time I was fully awake and aware of my surroundings, they'd wheeled me into the recovery room and I saw my favorite doctor. Both of us were just laughing without saying anything. grin

cc Tollzara missuzoma
It's a delight, boss. I'm so glad it went well. The drugs probably sent you deeper than you usually go when asleep, so it made it harder for your dream to have its grip on the "surface" for too long. Don't worry, you'll be fine now, and it'll probably come back to you in some way.

I wish you quick recovery. You'll be rejuvenated soon enough, and it'll be all good.

You see, there was no point in your fears. Although, it's human to fear the unknown (you've never been there). grin

Are you still going to be discharged on wednseday?
Re: What Does Anaesthesia Feel Like? Please Share Your Experiences. . . by Nobody: 6:05pm On Feb 19, 2018
Tollzara:
It's a delight, boss. I'm so glad it went well. The drugs probably sent you deeper than you usually go when asleep, so it made it harder for your dream to have its grip on the "surface" for too long. Don't worry, you'll be fine now, and it'll probably come back to you in some way.

I wish you quick recovery. You'll be rejuvenated soon enough, and it'll be all good.

You see, there was no point in your fears. Although, it's human to fear the unknown (you've never been there). grin

Yeah man I should be discharged on Wednesday. At worst on Saturday.
Re: What Does Anaesthesia Feel Like? Please Share Your Experiences. . . by Nobody: 6:08pm On Feb 19, 2018
Tollzara:

True about that deep sleep thing. The drug they gave me to feel 'high' was funny too. Made me sleep so good last night. Thanks so much again for checking on me
Re: What Does Anaesthesia Feel Like? Please Share Your Experiences. . . by Tollzara(m): 6:18pm On Feb 19, 2018
AnonyNymous:

Okei, bro. Take care. smiley

True about that deep sleep thing. The drug they gave me to feel 'high' was funny too. Made me sleep so good last night. Thanks so much again for checking on me
Don't mention, boss. It's a pleasure as much as a delight.

Hehehe. I did talk about having a new experience to think about, yeah? cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Does Anaesthesia Feel Like? Please Share Your Experiences. . . by happymummy(f): 6:29pm On Feb 19, 2018
Thank God for your successful surgery
The Lord grant you speedy and quick recovery in Jesus name Amen

1 Like

Re: What Does Anaesthesia Feel Like? Please Share Your Experiences. . . by Nobody: 10:55pm On Feb 19, 2018
happymummy:
Thank God for your successful surgery
The Lord grant you speedy and quick recovery in Jesus name Amen
Thank you very much happymummy smiley
Re: What Does Anaesthesia Feel Like? Please Share Your Experiences. . . by missuzoma: 5:43am On Feb 20, 2018
Praise God! I can see you are in high spirits too, that's one of the top secrets for fast recovery. If the doctors don't have anything against it, take plenty of fruits and vegetables and as soon as you can, start working towards regaining your full strength. Yours went better than mine, the anesthetic agent refused to work very well and I was crying with pain. It is not the doctor's fault, it's my very strong and stubborn system. Prior to the surgery, I did some dental stuff and in three different locations and each time, the anastethia won't work well. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: What Does Anaesthesia Feel Like? Please Share Your Experiences. . . by Tollzara(m): 7:46am On Feb 20, 2018
AnonyNymous.

Good morning, bro. I hope you're much better now. How're you doing?
Re: What Does Anaesthesia Feel Like? Please Share Your Experiences. . . by Nobody: 11:02am On Feb 20, 2018
Tollzara:
AnonyNymous.

Good morning, bro. I hope you're much better now. How're you doing?
I'm great man, thanks for asking. Just waiting to heal but everything else is great.
Re: What Does Anaesthesia Feel Like? Please Share Your Experiences. . . by Nobody: 11:03am On Feb 20, 2018
missuzoma:
Praise God! I can see you are in high spirits too, that's one of the top secrets for fast recovery. If the doctors don't have anything against it, take plenty of fruits and vegetables and as soon as you can, start working towards regaining your full strength. Yours went better than mine, the anesthetic agent refused to work very well and I was crying with pain. It is not the doctor's fault, it's my very strong and stubborn system. Prior to the surgery, I did some dental stuff and in three different locations and each time, the anastethia won't work well. Cheers!
Great advice! My surgery didn't have to do with digestive system and the doctors told me I could eat so I got some fruits. Thanks so much smiley
Re: What Does Anaesthesia Feel Like? Please Share Your Experiences. . . by Tollzara(m): 3:53pm On Feb 20, 2018
AnonyNymous:

I'm great man, thanks for asking. Just waiting to heal but everything else is great.
That's great, boss. You'll be perfecly fine soon.

Take care of you.

1 Like

Re: What Does Anaesthesia Feel Like? Please Share Your Experiences. . . by Tollzara(m): 12:30pm On Feb 21, 2018
AnonyNymous. How's it going, bruh?
Have you been discharged?
Re: What Does Anaesthesia Feel Like? Please Share Your Experiences. . . by Nobody: 1:14pm On Feb 21, 2018
Tollzara:
AnonyNymous. How's it going, bruh?

Have you been discharged?
Soon, though I've been given strict instructions to stay bedridden for at least 10 days. cry
Re: What Does Anaesthesia Feel Like? Please Share Your Experiences. . . by KingRabota: 1:18pm On Feb 21, 2018
AnonyNymous:
I lived grin grin grin

cc Tollzara missuzoma
Great you made it..but everyone should keep In view that anaesthetics are very dangerous chemicals that kil lots of people every year
I speak from experience

1 Like

Re: What Does Anaesthesia Feel Like? Please Share Your Experiences. . . by Tollzara(m): 1:21pm On Feb 21, 2018
AnonyNymous:

Soon, though I've been given strict instructions to stay bedridden for at least 10 days. cry
I see. It's all for the best. Make sure you keep to the instructions, bro. Don't ASSUME full recovery o. grin

Take care.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Basic Life Support (BLS) Training Centre Abuja / The 4 Shocking Nigerian Foods That Burn Stubborn Belly Fat FAST / How Important Is Glutathione To Our Human Existence?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.