Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

They Almost Killed Me For Rejecting Underage Voting - Lai Olurode, Ex-INEC Boss - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / They Almost Killed Me For Rejecting Underage Voting - Lai Olurode, Ex-INEC Boss (22146 Views)

EFCC Arrests Maurice Iwu, Ex-INEC Chairman / Election Shelving: Buhari Considering Amina Zakari To Replace INEC Boss —CUPP / Charly Boy Protests At INEC Headquarters Over Underage Voting (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: They Almost Killed Me For Rejecting Underage Voting - Lai Olurode, Ex-INEC Boss by excel101(m): 7:22am On Feb 19, 2018
So you witnessed all this without letting Nigerians know. Probably you've compromised then and kept quiet.
Re: They Almost Killed Me For Rejecting Underage Voting - Lai Olurode, Ex-INEC Boss by achiever12: 7:23am On Feb 19, 2018
midolian:
And you are just saying it after how many years?

Well, I want to believe this is IPOB news and the Prof will soon come out to deny saying this..

The professor is also an IPOB member; you can add that to your absurd beliefs.

4 Likes

Re: They Almost Killed Me For Rejecting Underage Voting - Lai Olurode, Ex-INEC Boss by reesemachh(m): 7:24am On Feb 19, 2018
The way some people reason here on Nairaland is so so alarming....they are talking about underage voting being a common thing in the north while another person is talking about mass thumb printing in the south so to him it's normal ...,why do Nigerians like illegal illegality so much?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Almost Killed Me For Rejecting Underage Voting - Lai Olurode, Ex-INEC Boss by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:35am On Feb 19, 2018
reesemachh:
The way some people reason here on Nairaland is so so alarming....they are talking about underage voting being a common thing in the north while another person is talking about mass thumb printing in the south so to him it's normal ...,why do Nigerians like illegal illegality so much?

It pays alot, especially when all hope is lost

1 Like

Re: They Almost Killed Me For Rejecting Underage Voting - Lai Olurode, Ex-INEC Boss by otosa(m): 7:53am On Feb 19, 2018
And this is the reason why we can not develop because these people are not ready to change and using this to affect other regions.
I'm really sorry for this country

2 Likes

Re: They Almost Killed Me For Rejecting Underage Voting - Lai Olurode, Ex-INEC Boss by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:57am On Feb 19, 2018
otosa:
And this is the reason why we can not develop because these people are not ready to change and using this to affect other regions.
I'm really sorry for this country

Nigeria is getting better

Do you believe it?
Re: They Almost Killed Me For Rejecting Underage Voting - Lai Olurode, Ex-INEC Boss by freeze001(f): 8:34am On Feb 19, 2018
kcmichael:
They almost killed me here in the SS,SE & SW for wanting to stop mass thumb printing in Rivers state in 2015,Delta,Abia etc

Fold those ugly, mangled, leprous phalanges u used to type this crap and while you're at it, shut that nasty, stinky, rotten, decomposed trap u call ur mouth! Only u all over the SE, SS and SW...dirty liar

7 Likes

Re: They Almost Killed Me For Rejecting Underage Voting - Lai Olurode, Ex-INEC Boss by FarahAideed: 8:36am On Feb 19, 2018
divinehand2003:
Why didn't you talk then?

Anyways, since the north wants this underage voting, I think INEC has to amend their reforms to include all children of any age at any place. Equation will then be balanced.

That's the only answer

3 Likes

Re: They Almost Killed Me For Rejecting Underage Voting - Lai Olurode, Ex-INEC Boss by kcmichael: 8:39am On Feb 19, 2018
Inec announced 1.5m votes for GEJ in rivers state through mass thumb printing.underage voted for both APC and PDP.a governor in the rivers state got 1.2m votes thro mass thumb printing .a corper was killed in rivers state in 2015 while trying to resist rigging by the ruling party.underage and mass thumb printing are the same.supreme court said the rivers guber election was marred with violence before,during and after election yet the same supreme court validated his election.card reader recorded 300,000 but inec announced 1.2m votes.Inec in rivers were paid in millions to rig election in 2015

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Almost Killed Me For Rejecting Underage Voting - Lai Olurode, Ex-INEC Boss by Pvibe007: 8:40am On Feb 19, 2018
EternalTruths:
Underage voting can not stop in the North.

Divide the dammed country and allow Arewa people live like their Somalia counterparts

Hard Truth. Northerners are really Somalia replicas , so sad that the Ewedu Republic can't understand that fact

2 Likes

Re: They Almost Killed Me For Rejecting Underage Voting - Lai Olurode, Ex-INEC Boss by Kakamorufu(m): 8:41am On Feb 19, 2018
kcmichael:
They almost killed me here in the SS,SE & SW for wanting to stop mass thumb printing in Rivers state in 2015,Delta,Abia etc
try and go through what you typed again. It makes no sense angry

5 Likes

Re: They Almost Killed Me For Rejecting Underage Voting - Lai Olurode, Ex-INEC Boss by akeentech(m): 8:42am On Feb 19, 2018
divinehand2003:

Anyways, since the north wants this underage voting, I think INEC has to amend their reforms to include all children of any age at any place. Equation will then be balanced.
equation can't be balance, they have population more than south
Re: They Almost Killed Me For Rejecting Underage Voting - Lai Olurode, Ex-INEC Boss by Ojuororun(m): 8:43am On Feb 19, 2018
THANK GOD FOR YOUR LIFE.
Re: They Almost Killed Me For Rejecting Underage Voting - Lai Olurode, Ex-INEC Boss by Yankee101: 8:44am On Feb 19, 2018
Then open up voting to all ages so it can be balanced all across the country
Re: They Almost Killed Me For Rejecting Underage Voting - Lai Olurode, Ex-INEC Boss by Positivepoint(m): 8:44am On Feb 19, 2018
With this being said, Olurode, called on the FG
to ensure the safety of all registration officers, who are mostly members of the National Youth Service Corps. Olurode was the INEC National Commissioner for the South-West from 2010 to 2015.

But his experience was in the south west coz he was inec commissioner for the south west not any place in the North as indicated from 2010 to 2015....

1 Like

Re: They Almost Killed Me For Rejecting Underage Voting - Lai Olurode, Ex-INEC Boss by lastempero: 8:45am On Feb 19, 2018
In as much as iam not a fan of nnamdi kanu due to some certain behavior of his, he prescribed the best solution to the Nigerian problem but some set of people both from east and west felt they are more sophisticated than others.
Let me sound it loud and clear their is no solution to the nigerian problem,u can't win the north and they are bent on drawing Nigeria back so every right thinking person should know that.

3 Likes

Re: They Almost Killed Me For Rejecting Underage Voting - Lai Olurode, Ex-INEC Boss by JerryJude(m): 8:46am On Feb 19, 2018
why is he afraid to mention the states invloved and the state Gov. oga u follow dey spoil naija, who are u afraid of ? fear North right ? continue

1 Like

Re: They Almost Killed Me For Rejecting Underage Voting - Lai Olurode, Ex-INEC Boss by adisabarber(m): 8:47am On Feb 19, 2018
divinehand2003:

Table manner: DON'T TALK WHILE YOU ARE CHOPPING grin

1 Like

Re: They Almost Killed Me For Rejecting Underage Voting - Lai Olurode, Ex-INEC Boss by 400billionman: 8:48am On Feb 19, 2018
Is it in, the same part of the country where 13 year old girls are ripe for marriage? I am not surprised, nah them
Re: They Almost Killed Me For Rejecting Underage Voting - Lai Olurode, Ex-INEC Boss by omoalayo(m): 8:52am On Feb 19, 2018
Massive thumbprinting in the east ..still they didnt have much votes... they paid you to say this ...

1 Like

Re: They Almost Killed Me For Rejecting Underage Voting - Lai Olurode, Ex-INEC Boss by BanevsJoker(m): 8:56am On Feb 19, 2018
kcmichael:
So you worked in all these zones at the same time? Zone-A, Zombie, and Zone-C. BMC how are you?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Almost Killed Me For Rejecting Underage Voting - Lai Olurode, Ex-INEC Boss by Max24: 8:56am On Feb 19, 2018
kcmichael:
Underage voting brought brought Obj,yaradua and GEJ to power.underage voting in the north,mass thumb printing in the South.All na the same
And they dont fo mass thumb printing in the north as well ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Almost Killed Me For Rejecting Underage Voting - Lai Olurode, Ex-INEC Boss by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:57am On Feb 19, 2018
bornolowu:
education still remains the key to solving most of the problem of the north and yes not islamic education.i have seen here in the south how a supposed 16year old boy was sent home by members of the public who prevented him from registering... a president in his wisdom started the alimajiri schools but another president who those not know the value of education see no reason he should continue or even expand the program,northern elites are also a disgrace in themselves wanting to keep their subject in continued ignorance! This happened in 2015 and worse than it will happen in 2019 as nepotism rules in this admistration .... inec has a major role to play here by isolating and not processing the voters card of this underaged voters and if this affec t aged voters, it butresses the point that inec and the society will not condole such irregularities and by so doing,the people will take on the fight to prevent underage d voting
under age voting is as old as Nigeria since before independence...... Evidence of our non functional institutions in the country....
Re: They Almost Killed Me For Rejecting Underage Voting - Lai Olurode, Ex-INEC Boss by waveman2: 9:00am On Feb 19, 2018
U were an inec official and u don't know how card reader works.

kcmichael:
Underage voting brought brought Obj,yaradua and GEJ to power.underage voting in the north,mass thumb printing in the South.All na the same

3 Likes

Re: They Almost Killed Me For Rejecting Underage Voting - Lai Olurode, Ex-INEC Boss by waveman2: 9:04am On Feb 19, 2018
And ameachi was governor then? Is rivers population 300,000.aftet trying to use the card reader to sabotage people from not voting (all the card readers in the ss were malfunctioning and only the ones in the north worked well) u come here dey type rubbish.

kcmichael:
Inec announced 1.5m votes for GEJ in rivers state through mass thumb printing.underage voted for both APC and PDP.a governor in the rivers state got 1.2m votes thro mass thumb printing .a corper was killed in rivers state in 2015 while trying to resist rigging by the ruling party.underage and mass thumb printing are the same.supreme court said the rivers guber election was marred with violence before,during and after election yet the same supreme court validated his election.card reader recorded 300,000 but inec announced 1.2m votes.Inec in rivers were paid in millions to rig election in 2015

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Almost Killed Me For Rejecting Underage Voting - Lai Olurode, Ex-INEC Boss by IdeyFindWife: 9:06am On Feb 19, 2018
divinehand2003:

Sarki, omenkalives and their cohorts should know where there masters got their mandate from now.

1 Like

Re: They Almost Killed Me For Rejecting Underage Voting - Lai Olurode, Ex-INEC Boss by lastempero: 9:32am On Feb 19, 2018
freeze001:

Fold those ugly, mangled, leprous phalanges u used to type this crap and while your at it, shut that nasty, stinky, rotten, decomposed trap u call ur mouth! Only u all over the SE, SS and SW...dirty liar

You sound so carried? grin

2 Likes

Re: They Almost Killed Me For Rejecting Underage Voting - Lai Olurode, Ex-INEC Boss by EazyMoh(m): 9:32am On Feb 19, 2018
Positivepoint:
With this being said, Olurode, called on the FG
to ensure the safety of all registration officers, who are mostly members of the National Youth Service Corps. Olurode was the INEC National Commissioner for the South-West from 2010 to 2015.

But his experience was in the south west coz he was inec commissioner for the south west not any place in the North as indicated from 2010 to 2015....
You are the most intelligent of all the commentators above.
That's why he stylishly omitted mentioning the state, local government or the particular community plus the specific date he was almost killed.
And fools are already blaming the north. He couldn't be a commander in SW and be almost killed in the North. Common sense.

2 Likes

Re: They Almost Killed Me For Rejecting Underage Voting - Lai Olurode, Ex-INEC Boss by pennywys(m): 9:32am On Feb 19, 2018
Why is he telling us now that the evil has been installed?

It's too late
Re: They Almost Killed Me For Rejecting Underage Voting - Lai Olurode, Ex-INEC Boss by Nobody: 9:43am On Feb 19, 2018
kcmichael:
Only you supervised election in SS, SW and SE at the same time. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abe: What APC Senators Have Against Saraki / Saraki: Cabal Ruling Us, Not Buhari / Covid-19: We Have Not Received A Kobo From Private Donations – Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.