Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,716 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:22 PM

Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died (45193 Views)

Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? / Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Amagite2: 9:18am On Feb 19, 2018
A Nigerian man has narrated how a Jehovah's Witness refused blood transfusion for his pregnant wife and watched her die in the hospital.

According to Ajayi Afolabi, he gave the man a slap for the act. Read the story below...

"So, I was at a General Hospital in Lagos while an heavily pregnant woman was rushed in on child labour. She was immediately taken to the theater and after some mins, one ofthe lead doctors came out to request for the husband ofthe pregnant lady.
DOC: Your wife is short of blood. She needs an immediate blood transfusion.

Husband: Same thing they said from the hospital she has been in the last 3 days of labour. We are Jehovah witness, we don't accept unknown blood.

DOC: This is highly important to save your wife's life and the unborn baby.

Husband: We have worked for the lord with all our strength, he can't fail us, she can't die.

DOC: I may need to proceed forcefully if you don't accept.
Husband: Then be ready to face the law in court.

So the doctor went back to the theater, asked the woman if she has another relative close by who can sign to receive blood while she was wheeled out of the theater. The woman cried with her pale eyes and begged the husband to allow the doctors transfuse but he refused bluntly. I was so angry and I walked up to him. Tried convincing but he was so adamant and stubborn.

Some mins later, the doctors asked him to take his wife to LUTH, for better health care facilities that could condole non blood transfusion. He was requested to get an ambulance for transportation. To my surprise, this nigga got a Volvo stretcher ambulance meant for dead people. Gosh, so angry at this point.
Called a couple of people around and I aided a quick release of a proper life saving ambulance. While wheeling this woman to the ambulance after wasting about 4hours, she gave up in tears and was later confirmed that the unborn baby also died.

Wow! What a wicked world in the name of a borrowed religion. Then the husband bursted into tears. I didn't do much, I moved close, looked straight into his eyes, slapped and gave him a couple kicks which later threw the whole general hospital into chaos.

I later reminisced over it the following day and asked myself this questions; why would I allow my loved one die in the name of a religion? Should the religion save lives or kill?
"

https://www.amagitesblog.com/2018/02/jehovahs-witness-refused-blood-transfusion-pregnant-wife-till-died.html

39 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Zonacom(m): 9:21am On Feb 19, 2018
Some people can be really fanatical. Strange beliefs everywhere

NwaAmaikpe :
So wrong of the woman to try to usurp her husband's powers as the head of the house.
At least she died for what her husband believed in.
Thank God for her husband that he did not lose faith even at a difficult time.
Crazy sane man. I don't know how you are able to combine madness and sanity in that one brain of yours.

121 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by HausaOverlord: 9:23am On Feb 19, 2018
Chai, naija people and religion wic day their mumu go end, emancipate ur self from mental slavery bikonu.

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Evablizin(f): 9:25am On Feb 19, 2018

I really love the slap and kick part.

God that made doctors and nurses is not stupid.
He is a murderer.

163 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by mikejj(m): 9:25am On Feb 19, 2018
what is this?that man they need to chop him father...his father has to be chopped.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Treasure17(m): 9:40am On Feb 19, 2018
These people with their weird beliefs. Don't know when transfusion of blood is now a crime.

4 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by kennybelle: 9:42am On Feb 19, 2018
this story looks cooked. are u saying you followed the doctor back to the theatre where the pregnant woman was, and u were there when she was asked of her other relatives? Jehovah's witnesses dnt accept blood but they're are not as heartless and brutal as you just described.

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by phoexix: 10:22am On Feb 19, 2018
The way some people interpret and . understand religion is baffling.

''Wisdom is profitable to direct''

15 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by DONSMITH123(m): 11:39am On Feb 19, 2018
mumuni

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Josh44s(m): 11:39am On Feb 19, 2018
The worst is how they knock on your gate. You will think Buhari has finally seen all the insults you have been insulting him on social media and has sent DSS directly to your doorstep. That was how some almost gave me heart attack on Sunday with their knocking. embarassed

135 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by stephen109(m): 11:40am On Feb 19, 2018
I WON'T JUDGE THIS MAN ON THIS..I PREFER TO LEAVE THIS STORY TO GOD....JUDGE NO MAN!!!!

10 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by soberdrunk(m): 11:40am On Feb 19, 2018
This one just killed his wife, probably has his eyes on another 'walker' angry

8 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Haggui: 11:40am On Feb 19, 2018
Stupidity

4 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Pidginwhisper: 11:40am On Feb 19, 2018
The man been dey wait for Jehovah to witness and takeover from the doctor

Cmon sense no too Cmon grin

6 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Jayson1: 11:40am On Feb 19, 2018
You think I have anything to say to the idiot? Nothing, Absolutely Nothing.

I will allow the controversial dude below me do the talking.

6 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by NwaAmaikpe: 11:40am On Feb 19, 2018
shocked

So wrong of the woman to try to usurp her husband's powers as the head of the house.
At least she died for what her husband believed in.

Thank God for her husband that he did not lose faith even at a difficult time.

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by lilyheaven: 11:40am On Feb 19, 2018
Yes! Her soul will enter new Jerusalem because she didn't break the rule, and her husband will marry another wife.

5 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by jashar(f): 11:40am On Feb 19, 2018
cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Akshow: 11:41am On Feb 19, 2018
nonsense from religion
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by superior1: 11:41am On Feb 19, 2018
results of false doctrines

4 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Lilimax(f): 11:41am On Feb 19, 2018
'Ndu Uka akpa' aka Jehova witness will never cease to amaze me shocked
This man just decided to kill his wife for no reason
It's high time they looked into these their archaic beliefs and doctrines...embarassed

7 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by pejuakinab: 11:41am On Feb 19, 2018
If I see him now

3 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Yankee101: 11:42am On Feb 19, 2018
Thanks for kicking him. I don't condone violence, but in this case kick him some more.

3 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Denko2721987(m): 11:42am On Feb 19, 2018
Religion and so-called beliefs has done humans so much incomprehensible, unrepairable and unmeasurable damage...

5 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by timsbee(f): 11:42am On Feb 19, 2018
Dats their own taboo.
Dey don't take infusions...
Now a deliberate act dat led to someone 's death.
Isn't dat''!?
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by Desire01(f): 11:42am On Feb 19, 2018
embarassed
Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by idu1(m): 11:42am On Feb 19, 2018
It's their choice. But the woman herself can consent to her treatment whether the husband likes it or not.

12 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by cold(m): 11:42am On Feb 19, 2018
kennybelle:
this story looks cooked. are u saying you followed the doctor back to the theatre where the pregnant woman was, and u were there when she was asked of her other relatives? Jehovah's witnesses dnt accept blood but they're are not as heartless and brutal as you just described.
They don't accept blood up to the point of death. What could be more heartless and brutal than that?

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by texazzpete(m): 11:42am On Feb 19, 2018
kennybelle:

perhaps one of the doctors or nurses disclosed the woman's pleas?

9 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by lincs25(m): 11:42am On Feb 19, 2018
NO NO, this is not stupidity but faith of a mustard seed. A very big CONGRATULATION for losing your wife!

3 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died by fpeter(f): 11:43am On Feb 19, 2018
Why do you people lift stories from Facebook and other groups, this particular post came from Rant HQ on facebook.
LAZY BLOGGERS! undecided

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Camilla Mberekpe Channels An Evil Spirit On Emmanuel TV (Video Clip inside) / T.B Joshua Heals Crippled Man At Mexican Crusade (Photos) / The Three Types Of Laws In The Bible And Your Responsibilities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.