Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,440 members, 7,808,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

Corruption In Oil Sector: I'll Fight To Create New Image - President Buhari Vows - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption In Oil Sector: I'll Fight To Create New Image - President Buhari Vows (13931 Views)

2019 Election: Buhari Vows Harsh Verdict For Atiku / I Will Take Nigeria To The Next Level - President Buhari Vows / I'll Fight Corruption Until It Dies - President Buhari Vows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corruption In Oil Sector: I'll Fight To Create New Image - President Buhari Vows by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:26pm On Feb 19, 2018
Corruption in Nigeria's oil and gas industry must not be allowed in any form, President Muhammadu Buhari said on Monday.

Buhari told local and foreign oil industry stakeholders in Abuja that his adminstration will not stop the fight until a new image is created where transparency will be the watchword in all oil and gas transactions.

Declaring open the maiden edition of the Nigeria International Petroleum Summit (NIPS), the president said, "Corruption in this industry must not be allowed in any form. On our part we will not stop the fight until a new image is created where transparency will be the watchword in all our transaction."

He said Nigeria was open to private sector investment in the downstream sector and pursuing vigorously a programme for the rehabilitation of existing refineries so as to enhance capacity to supply locally refined petroleum products in Nigeria and West Africa.

The president who was represented by the secretary to the government of the federation Barr. Boss Mustapha said that effort in stakeholder engagement and stabilizing the Niger Delta will continue to receive due attention to ensure a sustainable level of production.

The NIPS, designed to be Africa's largest and most important oil and gas platform and linkage to the world, is taking place in Abuja over the next four days.

"This summit will afford Nigeria a unique opportunity to showcase to the international community policy direction and effort of government in the petroleum sector especially the new oil and gas exploration and markets, new measures to sanitize the sector.

"The expansion of investment opportunities to boost investors’ confidence, technological advancement, Nigerian content development, the institutionalization of reforms in the country’s oil and gas industry and the galvanization of Nigeria’s position as the leading oil producer in the continent of Africa." Buhari said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/corruption-in-oil-sector-must-stop-buhari.htmlhtml

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corruption In Oil Sector: I'll Fight To Create New Image - President Buhari Vows by ckmayoca: 4:28pm On Feb 19, 2018
if u succeed we will thank u but for now ur failure stands

99 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Corruption In Oil Sector: I'll Fight To Create New Image - President Buhari Vows by nairavsdollars(f): 5:47pm On Feb 19, 2018
Baba, abegi resign as Minister of Petroleum and allow a technocrat like Kachikwu do the job.....i no just gbadun this grandpa presido

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corruption In Oil Sector: I'll Fight To Create New Image - President Buhari Vows by Joephat(m): 5:48pm On Feb 19, 2018
cheesy
Re: Corruption In Oil Sector: I'll Fight To Create New Image - President Buhari Vows by Terminator1234g: 5:48pm On Feb 19, 2018
GOD BLESS YOU SIR.

BUHRI TILL 2019 TO 2022

AMEN

BUT PDP AND IDIOTIC PIGS OF BIAFRA WILL TRY TO FRUSTRATE YOUR WORKS SIR.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corruption In Oil Sector: I'll Fight To Create New Image - President Buhari Vows by awa(m): 5:48pm On Feb 19, 2018
Go and sit down Mr President... What do you take us Nigerians for? Fools ...truth is you don't have conscience at all.
Despite all the hardship your regime inflicted on Nigerians, you are now sounding like one hardworking dude because election is not far from now.

Shame on you.....our mumu don do

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Corruption In Oil Sector: I'll Fight To Create New Image - President Buhari Vows by three: 5:48pm On Feb 19, 2018
It's ALWAYS about image with Buhari

and Nigerians can sabi do eyeservice!

Cunny man die, Cunny man Bury am!

For exposition on how Buhari 'fights' corruption check out this video

https://twitter.com/Tutsy22/status/964080905219465216

Meanwhile perception is some people's reality if Buhari was FAT they would belive he can steal. Na lepa deceive some of una.

25 Likes

Re: Corruption In Oil Sector: I'll Fight To Create New Image - President Buhari Vows by TallPck1(m): 5:48pm On Feb 19, 2018
2019 is around the corner and baba is campaigning for himself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption In Oil Sector: I'll Fight To Create New Image - President Buhari Vows by Olukokosir(m): 5:48pm On Feb 19, 2018
Tank God u knw u v a bad image b4.

Jst negodu

6 Likes

Re: Corruption In Oil Sector: I'll Fight To Create New Image - President Buhari Vows by Authoreety: 5:48pm On Feb 19, 2018
Is it by establishing refineries in katsina....?

APc is a joke

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption In Oil Sector: I'll Fight To Create New Image - President Buhari Vows by yudee233: 5:48pm On Feb 19, 2018
NNPC should be the starting point

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corruption In Oil Sector: I'll Fight To Create New Image - President Buhari Vows by link2ok22: 5:49pm On Feb 19, 2018
This dude is so funny, he should have done so well in commedy cos he is more like a clown.

I will
We shall

Toothless � dog. Since May 2015 he has been barking like a mad dog without anytin to show for it.

I Dnt blame him, the imbeciles that supports this clown should b blamed.

Keep fooling yourself .

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Corruption In Oil Sector: I'll Fight To Create New Image - President Buhari Vows by mosho2good: 5:49pm On Feb 19, 2018
So I walked into a banking hall with my right hand in my bag and shouted, "On your knees everyone!"

Omo,before I could blink, everybody obey. Some people even laid face down.

After a while I brought out my Bible and said,"let us pray.

In fact how I escaped was a miracle.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corruption In Oil Sector: I'll Fight To Create New Image - President Buhari Vows by Afinn01: 5:49pm On Feb 19, 2018
Please goooo ooo we don tire for your own corruption at all level.

9 Likes

Re: Corruption In Oil Sector: I'll Fight To Create New Image - President Buhari Vows by orezi379(m): 5:49pm On Feb 19, 2018
Back To Daura!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption In Oil Sector: I'll Fight To Create New Image - President Buhari Vows by arrestdarrester: 5:49pm On Feb 19, 2018
Karate didn't work. Wrestling this time around may be. Or *dambe*?

3 Likes

Re: Corruption In Oil Sector: I'll Fight To Create New Image - President Buhari Vows by Bahubaali: 5:50pm On Feb 19, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/corruption-in-oil-sector-must-stop-buhari.htmlhtml
what about the $25BN deal you signed on your sick bed? is that not corruption.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption In Oil Sector: I'll Fight To Create New Image - President Buhari Vows by paulchineduN(m): 5:50pm On Feb 19, 2018
'I will' is an word that should be put in the dictionary because it's now a common language of APC and Buhari.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption In Oil Sector: I'll Fight To Create New Image - President Buhari Vows by trulygirl: 5:50pm On Feb 19, 2018
The same way he has finished fighting Corruption in 3 years. Toothless Lion

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corruption In Oil Sector: I'll Fight To Create New Image - President Buhari Vows by alpamo6: 5:50pm On Feb 19, 2018
Short of words. Is this for real, after 3 years of trial and error. I weep for my country.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corruption In Oil Sector: I'll Fight To Create New Image - President Buhari Vows by Jalaw: 5:50pm On Feb 19, 2018
Sorry, u can't redeem ur image at this time... it's too late BuBu

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Corruption In Oil Sector: I'll Fight To Create New Image - President Buhari Vows by tamarabu(m): 5:50pm On Feb 19, 2018
Buhari is such a failure and a dull president.... If it was cow we talking about he will fasting up and enact a law to protect hes cow friends

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corruption In Oil Sector: I'll Fight To Create New Image - President Buhari Vows by Realist5: 5:50pm On Feb 19, 2018
STORY

FOR

THE

gods

It is always "I WILL"

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Corruption In Oil Sector: I'll Fight To Create New Image - President Buhari Vows by Skepticus: 5:51pm On Feb 19, 2018
Empty talk, Buhari!

Just do yourself a good favour by retiring to Daura like Uncle Drew.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corruption In Oil Sector: I'll Fight To Create New Image - President Buhari Vows by Nwodosis(m): 5:51pm On Feb 19, 2018
Is that the new campaign slogan for 2019?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corruption In Oil Sector: I'll Fight To Create New Image - President Buhari Vows by Godsonkemz(m): 5:51pm On Feb 19, 2018
Can a corrupt government fight corruption

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corruption In Oil Sector: I'll Fight To Create New Image - President Buhari Vows by easyfem(m): 5:51pm On Feb 19, 2018
Remain few month for u sir ... U refuse to sign PCN ... E mad sir

5 Likes

Re: Corruption In Oil Sector: I'll Fight To Create New Image - President Buhari Vows by dust144(m): 5:51pm On Feb 19, 2018
If i pregnant a lady will,she give birth to range rover or baby? Since no good news from Apc

1 Like

Re: Corruption In Oil Sector: I'll Fight To Create New Image - President Buhari Vows by Yankee101: 5:51pm On Feb 19, 2018
Too late

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corruption In Oil Sector: I'll Fight To Create New Image - President Buhari Vows by Nobody: 5:52pm On Feb 19, 2018
Just like saying Buhari vows to fight fulani herdsmen knowing fully well he is the grand master of fulani herdsmen.
Jonathan regime was just a student and friend to corruption but Buhari himself is the grand master of corruption, forget all these talks about cabals, he is the chief cabal himself, looting the nation dry in a very subtle way knowing fully well that Nigerians have volatile memories and that the worst we can do is to shout cabal and react!.
since 2015 it has always been "I will, we shall, we vow, we plan to, we will have to"
If Pmb wins again come 2019, then I will be convinced that indeed, Nigeria is not even in God's map.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Corruption In Oil Sector: I'll Fight To Create New Image - President Buhari Vows by Coitus: 5:52pm On Feb 19, 2018
All talk and no action. If you wanna really fight corruption in the petroleum industry, sign the PIGB bill that has been passed in the senate

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corruption In Oil Sector: I'll Fight To Create New Image - President Buhari Vows by cristianisraeli: 5:53pm On Feb 19, 2018
am sick and tired of hearing buhari this and bubari that...2019 we need you so badly,buhari is a the coded master of corruption and he knows how to play gullible nigerians..till today buhari have till not fully declared his assets..who is fooling who?

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

9th Assembly: APC Leaders Lobby PDP Lawmakers To Support Lawan / Oyegun Reveals How Oshiomhole Is Killing APC With His “agbero Style” / Olowu Hails Appointment Of Major-General Yahaya As New Chief Of Army Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.