Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,677 members, 7,801,950 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

Luth Doctors Strike And Da Grins Death Connected ? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Luth Doctors Strike And Da Grins Death Connected ? (1208 Views)

Doctors’ Strike Paralyses Ekiti Teaching Hospital / Doctors’ Strike Cripples Hospitals Nationwide / Jonathan Moves To Prevent Doctors' Strike (Meets With NMA) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Luth Doctors Strike And Da Grins Death Connected ? by MCLOVIN: 1:27pm On Apr 23, 2010
So sad . . .
Could his life have been saved if the hospital was fully operational ? Just wondering. . .
what do you think ?
Re: Luth Doctors Strike And Da Grins Death Connected ? by MCLOVIN: 1:29pm On Apr 23, 2010
I hope the autopsy conclusion will be made public.
Re: Luth Doctors Strike And Da Grins Death Connected ? by face969: 2:55pm On Apr 23, 2010
What do I think ?
It was his time to go !
Re: Luth Doctors Strike And Da Grins Death Connected ? by dominique(f): 9:52pm On Apr 23, 2010
i heard first thing the doctors did was to control the internal bleeding and drain the fluids from his brain. could be that the inter-cranial bleeding continued without the doctors knowing. don't ask me for source, it's all pure speculations and my sister schooling in LUTH gave me some possible autopsy. still trying to come to terms about the loss. may his soul RIP sad
Re: Luth Doctors Strike And Da Grins Death Connected ? by segzicres(m): 10:07pm On Apr 23, 2010
very sad!!!
Re: Luth Doctors Strike And Da Grins Death Connected ? by MCLOVIN: 11:49pm On Apr 23, 2010
I just heard Seyi Law on Stv news say ''he bled for several days'' without any definitive treatment.
If not for the protection of strike, those guys at luth should be in a world trouble.
Intracranial bleeding and chest fractures are easily controlled injuries. This man should have had emergency surgery immediately but was allowed to bleed slowly to death.
Provisional cause of death : Respiratory Failure secondary to intracranial injury and multiple trauma to the chest. An unecessary and avoidable death. . .sad.
Re: Luth Doctors Strike And Da Grins Death Connected ? by masido(f): 3:01pm On Apr 25, 2010
very sad indeed!!!
Re: Luth Doctors Strike And Da Grins Death Connected ? by reindeer: 10:46pm On Apr 25, 2010
MCLOVIN
is that the official statement from the hospital? if it is then i'll be making my comments next, angry
Re: Luth Doctors Strike And Da Grins Death Connected ? by MCLOVIN: 11:09pm On Apr 25, 2010
No Reindeer
Im only paraphrasing what Seyi Law said on the news.
As for the autopsy report, a Dr
(name witheld ) on the ward he was admitted to, gave that as his 'provisional' conclusion. At the time he gave it, no autopsy had been carried out, he just drew that conclusion from what he knew.
He's not a pathologist so dont take it too seriously.

But its obvious this man died from respiratory failure; either from cerebral trauma and raised intracranial pressure , intra-thoracic bleeding or just plain exsanguination. (loss of blood volume), either way he didnt have to die. 
Let's wait for the medical examiner's conclusion, if it ever sees the light of day.
Maybe you may want to speak to Dagrin's manager and family, should they decide to sue.
FROM MY OWN EXPERIENCE WHILE AT LUTH/CMUL, LUTH WILL NOT MAKE ANY OFFICIAL STAEMENT UNLESS FORCED TO.
So dont expect one.
Re: Luth Doctors Strike And Da Grins Death Connected ? by mjbaba: 8:52am On Apr 26, 2010
There is no evidence to jump to this conclusion. Logically, with the calibre of friends, wellwishers and associates who were around him, if they felt he wasnt getting the best attention he could get, they would have arranged for his transfer to another hospital.

Let us not start another baseless arguement here
Re: Luth Doctors Strike And Da Grins Death Connected ? by navyboy(m): 9:58am On Apr 26, 2010
Mjbaba, i concur with u. Since he wasnt given da needed treatment, why wasnt he moved by his loved ones? Guess they av questions to answer too.
Re: Luth Doctors Strike And Da Grins Death Connected ? by MCLOVIN: 10:56am On Apr 26, 2010
Mjbaba & navyboy,
I dnt disagree with u. His friends and family are just very upset. What else would you want them to say?
I think the moral of the story here is how do we improve the state of healthcare and welfare of healthworkers in this country so that when things like this happen again, the healthcarers can be held fully accountable.
You are spot on about them not moving him elsewhere, though.

(1) (Reply)

A Woman Performs Cesarean Section On Herself And Survives Along With Her Baby / Infertility;any Remedy For Low Sperm Counts? / Ebola Can Be Cured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.