Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,472 members, 7,781,376 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:27 PM

Total Exposition.... Let Me Teach You Everythin About Phone Accessories business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Total Exposition.... Let Me Teach You Everythin About Phone Accessories business (9092 Views)

How To Make Sales Using Whatsapp Marketing System Even If You've Tried Everythin / Is N300k Enough To Start Phone Accessories Importation Business? / Can 60k Start Phone Accessories Business (-shop Rent) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Total Exposition.... Let Me Teach You Everythin About Phone Accessories business by Etihadstore: 6:12pm On Feb 19, 2018
Not knowing much about a business may be one of the biggest advantage of going into it.

Having no experience in a field means you are more likely to challenge the status quo than accept it. Someone that has spent years in the system will often struggle to see the system's problem.

Having said all of that, there is a major difference between a person who will choose to make action on how their current environment works, from the ones who will take action base on what he believes was right for him.

The introduction of Global system of mobile communication(Gsm) in nigeria has created a lot of business opportunity for nigerians...

I will be taking you through one of those numerous opportunities in the course of this thread....
I introduce to you the total exposition of phone accessories business....

Indicate your interest so that I can be sure I arnt channeling energy into a wrong place

1 Like

Re: Total Exposition.... Let Me Teach You Everythin About Phone Accessories business by delugadou(m): 7:05pm On Feb 19, 2018
I'm interested
Re: Total Exposition.... Let Me Teach You Everythin About Phone Accessories business by abbey37(m): 7:53pm On Feb 19, 2018
Interested
Re: Total Exposition.... Let Me Teach You Everythin About Phone Accessories business by Derende(m): 8:01pm On Feb 19, 2018
Am interested
Etihadstore:
Not knowing much about a business may be one of the biggest advantage of going into it.

Having no experience in a field means you are more likely to challenge the status quo than accept it. Someone that has spent years in the system will often struggle to see the system's problem.

Having said all of that, there is a major difference between a person who will choose to make action on how their current environment works, from the ones who will take action base on what he believes was right for him.

The introduction of Global system of mobile communication in nigeria has created a lot of business opportunity for nigerians...

I will be taking you through one of these numerous opportunities in the course of this thread....

Indicate your interest so that I can be sure I arnt channeling energy into a wrong place
Re: Total Exposition.... Let Me Teach You Everythin About Phone Accessories business by KardinalZik(m): 8:31pm On Feb 19, 2018
Interested.
Re: Total Exposition.... Let Me Teach You Everythin About Phone Accessories business by gleaf: 8:54pm On Feb 19, 2018
Ride on
Re: Total Exposition.... Let Me Teach You Everythin About Phone Accessories business by blessedvisky(m): 9:34pm On Feb 19, 2018
Totally interested
Re: Total Exposition.... Let Me Teach You Everythin About Phone Accessories business by gabazin080(m): 9:49pm On Feb 19, 2018
Etihadstore:

The introduction of Global system of mobile communication(Gsm) in nigeria has created a lot of business opportunity for nigerians...

I will be taking you through one of those numerous opportunities in the course of this thread....

ride on .
am interested
Re: Total Exposition.... Let Me Teach You Everythin About Phone Accessories business by tugrow(m): 11:06pm On Feb 19, 2018
ok
Re: Total Exposition.... Let Me Teach You Everythin About Phone Accessories business by Etihadstore: 9:12am On Feb 20, 2018
Good morning everyone
Thanks for showing interest
Re: Total Exposition.... Let Me Teach You Everythin About Phone Accessories business by Etihadstore: 9:29am On Feb 20, 2018
Introduction

The introduction of Global System of mobile communication (Gsm) in nigeria has indeed created a lot of business opportunities for nigerian's. Some of this opportunities include's and not restricted to
. Sales of mobile phones
. Sales of recharge cards
. Sales of mobile phone accessories

Not forgetting our mobile phone engineer's and tech bloggers.

However in this thread I will be focusing on sales of mobile phone accessories which includes, phone Chargers, phone batteries, Headsets, memory cards, power banks, fancy phone covers, mp3's, Bluetooth players etc.

With about 70 million GSM phone users in nigeria, with some using 2 to 3 phone's, from that our akproka Nokia torchlight (Nokia 105/new 3310) to that our android and ios phones, the demand for mobile accessories is very high and thus making the business very lucrative

Stay tuned our next update will be capital requirements

1 Share

Re: Total Exposition.... Let Me Teach You Everythin About Phone Accessories business by churchee: 12:06pm On Feb 20, 2018
Following
Re: Total Exposition.... Let Me Teach You Everythin About Phone Accessories business by Etihadstore: 12:19pm On Feb 20, 2018
Capital Requirement

Generally speaking, doing a business need sufficient funds, but there are still some business with little capital that profits well.

The capital requirement to start a mobile phone accessories business is not that much, though it depends on the scale you want to start the business.
Starting from that student that has 15000 to start, to that employed fellow that have a saving 100000-200000 somewhere pondering on what to startup with, even to that already "made" business man that want to dive into another business that will bring him high profit.

Mobile phone accessories business is a business you can start with Any amount. I saw a thread that someone was asking if he can use 60k to start a mobile phone accessories business smiley.. Well we've all been there, all you need is to start small and grow from there.

My start up practical application of how I started with 5000

Having been in this business for over 5 years, I have realized that you can make up to 100% "ROI" (return in investment) in this business.
Don't you believe? See for yourself
The attached image is a screen shot from Jumia first page when you type Infinix or android charger.....
Those Infinix Chargers priced at 1070, 1700 and 2200 respectively are actually gotten in market for 450, yes you heard me right 450!

What I did was get 10 for 4500, set up an online store for free, use 300 for transportation to where I got my Chargers and the remaining 200 for jumia packaging bag.

I sold 7 Chargers on Jumia within 5 days at the rate of 1500.

profit margin
1500*7=10500
10500-5000 (capital) = 5500 + potential 4500 for the remaining 3 which I sold the next week

Threfore with my 5000 I made over 8000 within a week. When I say phone accessories is a business you get a 100% Roi that's what am talking about.

Nb: this is the lowest web of capital requirements, you do be amazed what you will get with your investment.

Stay tuned next update How/where to source your mobile phone accessories

1 Like

Re: Total Exposition.... Let Me Teach You Everythin About Phone Accessories business by Etihadstore: 4:18pm On Feb 20, 2018
Etihadstore:
Capital Requirement

Generally speaking, doing a business need sufficient funds, but there are still some business with little capital that profits well.

The capital requirement to start a mobile phone accessories business is not that much, though it depends on the scale you want to start the business.
Starting from that student that has 15000 to start, to that employed fellow that have a saving 100000-200000 somewhere pondering on what to startup with, even to that already "made" business man that want to dive into another business that will bring him high profit.

Mobile phone accessories business is a business you can start with Any amount. I saw a thread that someone was asking if he can use 60k to start a mobile phone accessories business smiley.. Well we've all been there, all you need is to start small and grow from there.

My start up practical application of how I started with 5000

Having been in this business for over 5 years, I have realized that you can make up to 100% "ROI" (return in investment) in this business.
Don't you believe? See for yourself
The attached image is a screen shot from Jumia first page when you type Infinix or android charger.....
Those Infinix Chargers priced at 1070, 1700 and 2200 respectively are actually gotten in market for 450, yes you heard me right 450!

What I did was get 10 for 4500, set up an online store for free, use 300 for transportation to where I got my Chargers and the remaining 200 for jumia packaging bag.

I sold 7 Chargers on Jumia within 5 days at the rate of 1500.

profit margin
1500*7=10500
10500-5000 (capital) = 5500 + potential 4500 for the remaining 3 which I sold the next week

Threfore with my 5000 I made over 8000 within a week. When I say phone accessories is a business you get a 100% Roi that's what am talking about.

Nb: this is the lowest web of capital requirements, you do be amazed what you will get with your investment.

Stay tuned next update How/where to source your mobile phone accessories

Gabano08 wink
Re: Total Exposition.... Let Me Teach You Everythin About Phone Accessories business by hayzed1090: 6:59pm On Feb 20, 2018
[quote
Re: Total Exposition.... Let Me Teach You Everythin About Phone Accessories business by adomuwiner(m): 10:04pm On Feb 20, 2018
adomu2009@gmail.com
Re: Total Exposition.... Let Me Teach You Everythin About Phone Accessories business by Optionalx: 3:37am On Feb 21, 2018
i need where to buy phone replacement batteries for good prices- samsung batteries s5, s4, etc
Re: Total Exposition.... Let Me Teach You Everythin About Phone Accessories business by fotadmowmend(m): 7:36am On Feb 21, 2018
Following
Re: Total Exposition.... Let Me Teach You Everythin About Phone Accessories business by Ezypretty: 9:53am On Feb 21, 2018
following
Re: Total Exposition.... Let Me Teach You Everythin About Phone Accessories business by skolab4(m): 10:16am On Feb 21, 2018
Ok
Re: Total Exposition.... Let Me Teach You Everythin About Phone Accessories business by Etihadstore: 1:49pm On Feb 21, 2018
Optionalx:
i need where to buy phone replacement batteries for good prices- samsung batteries s5, s4, etc

The bolded would mean you are talking about getting them in quantities, if am correct then

Local sourcing
For good price, Alaba International market
For better quality, computer village ikeja will do

Via importation
when it comes to batteries especially product's like Samsung, Amazon and eBay is where to go, but their prices might be on high side.

Good luck in your endeavor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Total Exposition.... Let Me Teach You Everythin About Phone Accessories business by Nobody: 4:44pm On Feb 21, 2018
Am really interested
Re: Total Exposition.... Let Me Teach You Everythin About Phone Accessories business by Etihadstore: 4:52pm On Feb 21, 2018
How/where to source for phone accessories

product sourcing

Product Sourcing simply means 'finding products to sell through your business'
This of course refers to buying products at a real wholesale price, and selling them online or offline for a profit.
Product Sourcing is something that truly successful Internet sellers take very seriously, it's a cornerstone of their success

In phone accessories business, we have three classes of seller's
1-the importer/wholesaler
2-the sub wholesalers
3-the retailer

the importer/wholesaler
They as the name implies are the one's that import the goods in large quantities from abroad

The sub wholesalers
These are the ones that buys majorly from the importers and resell to retailers in wholesale price e.g some of those big accessories stores you will find in the street of Kano, jigawa, enugu, oyo. etc

The retailers
This group can be subdivided into two (1) The offline retailers and the online retailers

The online retailers are the sellers that stays in the confines of their classroom, homes, offices, anywhere and list out their products online and watch their chosen E commerce site do the marketing and selling
The offline retailers are the folks that rents a shop or a kiosk to do their selling themselves. These shops or kiosk's are usually located in strategic places, say a new site, a market place, a T junction, bus stops, school environment etc.

Where to source your products
More often than not, people (starters) usually assume that whenever you mention gadgets e.g phone accessories 'computer village' is the place to get it.

computer village is an information and communication market located in a community called otigba at ikeja, the capital of Lagos state.
Whilst Alaba International market is an electronic market located in ojo, Lagos State.
Having said all of that, when it comes to phone accessories business, Alaba international market is a place to source all your product at the cheapest price, even folks from computer village buys from them.

The major difference between Alaba international market and computer village is that whilst the former (alaba) focuses on cheap products and uses cargo method of shipping for bringing in their products, the latter (computer village) traders major on fancy and more "original products" and mostly use express method of shipping, hence making their products simile more expensive.
To that effect any latest phone case, charger, will firstly be available in ikeja than Alaba.
Alaba International market is a perfect market in which no dealer influences the price of product, it buys and sells within the market with no barriers to entry and exit, the market is a characterized by huge numbers of sellers and buyers with willingness to buy the products at a certain price based on their need and income, enhancing long term adjustment to changing in the market conditions.

My recommendation
If you are considering offline retailing option, shuttle Alaba and computer village, Alaba for exceptional cheap products and ikeja for the newest products.

If online retailing is what you want to dive in, then I will strongly advise you stick to computer village.

Next update, we will be looking at... Importing and Import portal

7 Likes

Re: Total Exposition.... Let Me Teach You Everythin About Phone Accessories business by Optionalx: 5:10pm On Feb 21, 2018
Etihadstore:

The bolded would mean you are talking about getting them in quantities, if am correct then

Local sourcing
For good price, Alaba International market
For better quality, computer village ikeja will do

Via importation
when it comes to batteries especially product's like Samsung, Amazon and eBay is where to go, but their prices might be on high side.

Good luck in your endeavor

Thanks for your explanation.
I want to buy wholesale and sell on ebay and amazon. So I am trying to be competitive on both platforms.
I am in US so looking for the us market
If you have any further input i will highly appreciate it
thanks
Re: Total Exposition.... Let Me Teach You Everythin About Phone Accessories business by Etihadstore: 7:11pm On Feb 21, 2018
Starting a successful business isn’t about how much money you start off with. It’s about filling an unmet need or demand. The success of your startup will depend on how pressing this unmet need or demand is and how successful you are in fulfilling it, not on the money you start off with

Therefore prepare to act on the information you are receiving

1 Like

Re: Total Exposition.... Let Me Teach You Everythin About Phone Accessories business by Emmitex(m): 10:35pm On Feb 21, 2018
Etihadstore:
How/where to source for phone accessories

product sourcing

Product Sourcing simply means 'finding products to sell through your business'
This of course refers to buying products at a real wholesale price, and selling them online or offline for a profit.
Product Sourcing is something that truly successful Internet sellers take very seriously, it's a cornerstone of their success

In phone accessories business, we have three classes of seller's
1-the importer/wholesaler
2-the sub wholesalers
3-the retailer

the importer/wholesaler
They as the name implies are the one's that import the goods in large quantities from abroad

The sub wholesalers
These are the ones that buys majorly from the importers and resell to retailers in wholesale price e.g some of those big accessories stores you will find in the street of Kano, jigawa, enugu, oyo. etc

The retailers
This group can be subdivided into two (1) The offline retailers and the online retailers

The online retailers are the sellers that stays in the confines of their classroom, homes, offices, anywhere and list out their products online and watch their chosen E commerce site do the marketing and selling
The offline retailers are the folks that rents a shop or a kiosk to do their selling themselves. These shops or kiosk's are usually located in strategic places, say a new site, a market place, a T junction, bus stops, school environment etc.

Where to source your products
More often than not, people (starters) usually assume that whenever you mention gadgets e.g phone accessories 'computer village' is the place to get it.

computer village is an information and communication market located in a community called otigba at ikeja, the capital of Lagos state.
Whilst Alaba International market is an electronic market located in ojo, Lagos State.
Having said all of that, when it comes to phone accessories business, Alaba international market is a place to source all your product at the cheapest price, even folks from computer village buys from them.

The major difference between Alaba international market and computer village is that whilst the former (alaba) focuses on cheap products and uses cargo method of shipping for bringing in their products, the latter (computer village) traders major on fancy and more "original products" and mostly use express method of shipping, hence making their products simile more expensive.
To that effect any latest phone case, charger, will firstly be available in ikeja than Alaba.
Alaba International market is a perfect market in which no dealer influences the price of product, it buys and sells within the market with no barriers to entry and exit, the market is a characterized by huge numbers of sellers and buyers with willingness to buy the products at a certain price based on their need and income, enhancing long term adjustment to changing in the market conditions.

My recommendation
If you are considering offline retailing option, shuttle Alaba and computer village, Alaba for exceptional cheap products and ikeja for the newest products.

If online retailing is what you want to dive in, then I will strongly advise you stick to computer village.

Next update, we will be looking at... Importing and Import portal

thanks a lot for this information. but how would someone locate genuine wholesalers or sub wholesalers in the alaba or computer village market for this products.
Re: Total Exposition.... Let Me Teach You Everythin About Phone Accessories business by MySay(m): 5:53am On Feb 22, 2018
Thanks a million for this great thread. I have always wanted to go in this business.
my question is this,
1. How did you get the jumia packaging bag? was is waybilled to you? or did you get it from their office?
2. What method did you used to send the chargers you sold on jumia to your buyers?
3. How can someone outside lagos go into this business without need to travelled to lagos? is there any alternative method to source for the products still at a cheaper price?

3 Likes

Re: Total Exposition.... Let Me Teach You Everythin About Phone Accessories business by Chigorkizz(m): 6:30am On Feb 22, 2018
Wow.This is cool,am over killing it.
Re: Total Exposition.... Let Me Teach You Everythin About Phone Accessories business by Etihadstore: 12:34pm On Feb 22, 2018
Emmitex:

thanks a lot for this information. but how would someone locate genuine wholesalers or sub wholesalers in the alaba or computer village market for this products.
Good question
However this response will greatly be helpful for the offline retailers. If you have decided to go online route, my next article will help do justice.

Answer to your question
A greater numbers the traders in Alaba or computer village are actually genuine. One thing you should know about Alaba as I stated earlier is that, Alaba is characterized by huge number of seller that is willing to sell their products at certain price based on their need or income, thereby enhancing long term adjustment to changing in the market conditions.

Practically in Alaba, you might get to shop A and price a product and it given to you at 10 Naira, you then go to shop B and get the same item at 8naira. As a starter you might be left in dilemma of if the first seller product is more guinuine than the other. But in actual sense they might be the same quality.

My tactics
I make out time to do my market survey (while on this, you will discover the same product sold in Shop A and B, offered at a ridiculous low price say 4-5 Naira, I will advice you avoid such sellers, majority of those goods are either faulty or copy.)

When you get to Alaba or computer village, there are so many reputable stops e.g "New age store, Fedan investment limited, cee-charlse group of companies etc.
Generally, if you are purchasing from any body make them give you their word's that what they are selling to you is original. Go further to strike a deal with them that if their is returns that you will return it to them for a refund.

Furthermore don't do this rookie mistake of depending on one seller, If you do that mistake they will milk you dry.

I hope that helps..

I will be coming up with a more detailed and concise guide on how to get the best in Alaba or computer village with contacts of people I have worked with.

3 Likes

Re: Total Exposition.... Let Me Teach You Everythin About Phone Accessories business by Emmitex(m): 2:42pm On Feb 22, 2018
Etihadstore:

Good question
However this response will greatly be helpful for the offline retailers. If you have decided to go online route, my next article will help do justice.

Answer to your question
A greater numbers the traders in Alaba or computer village are actually genuine. One thing you should know about Alaba as I stated earlier is that, Alaba is characterized by huge number of seller that is willing to sell their products at certain price based on their need or income, thereby enhancing long term adjustment to changing in the market conditions.

Practically in Alaba, you might get to shop A and price a product and it given to you at 10 Naira, you then go to shop B and get the same item at 8naira. As a starter you might be left in dilemma of if the first seller product is more guinuine than the other. But in actual sense they might be the same quality.

My tactics
I make out time to do my market survey (while on this, you will discover the same product sold in Shop A and B, offered at a ridiculous low price say 4-5 Naira, I will advice you avoid such sellers, majority of those goods are either faulty or copy.)

When you get to Alaba or computer village, there are so many reputable stops e.g "New age store, Fedan investment limited, cee-charlse group of companies etc.
Generally, if you are purchasing from any body make them give you their word's that what they are selling to you is original. Go further to strike a deal with them that if their is returns that you will return it to them for a refund.

Furthermore don't do this rookie mistake of depending on one seller, If you do that mistake they will milk you dry.

I hope that helps..

I will be coming up with a more detailed and concise guide on how to get the best in Alaba or computer village with contacts of people I have worked with.

thanks, it helps. but please,I will still appreciate the info on the concise guide and some contacts of the ones you have transacted with.
Re: Total Exposition.... Let Me Teach You Everythin About Phone Accessories business by Dawudski(m): 2:51pm On Feb 22, 2018
Nice one @Etihad stores... Following keenly.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tax Paying Scare: 362,000 New Tax Registrations Done In Nigeria / Debt Securities: What Are They And How Do They Operate? / Brazilian Investor Offers $100bn For Nigeria's 23 Power Plants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.