Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:05 AM

Superssport United Vs Heartland Another Rsa/naija Battle - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Superssport United Vs Heartland Another Rsa/naija Battle (2345 Views)

NPFL: Enyimba Fc Vs Heartland Fc (2 - 0) On 17th June 2015 / NPFL: Rangers Vs Heartland (1 - 0) On 10th May 2015 / NPFL: Warri Wolves Vs Heartland On Monday 27th April (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Superssport United Vs Heartland Another Rsa/naija Battle by RSA(m): 2:08pm On Apr 23, 2010
SSU promise Zuma CAF Champs title
Posted: 2010-04-23 13:27

SuperSport United, who are to take on Nigeria's Heartland FC in a CAF Champions League match this weekend are in high spirits after meeting the country's president Jacob Zuma, his deputy president Kgalema Motlanthe and the US Human Rights activist Reverend Jesse Jackson at Kempton Park this morning.

Zuma met United to congratulate them for winning the Absa Premiership title for the third time in succession. Last season Matsatsantsa presented their trophy to the country's former president, Nelson Mandela, at his home in Johannesburg.

Club communication manager David Skhosane said his club was very honoured to meet the state president and encouraged them to continue doing well and retain the trophy again next season.

"It is a rare opportunity to meet the State President. We feel honoured to meet him and his words were very encouraging for us to keep on doing well even next season. We were very glad to see Rev Jesse Jackson part of the occasion."

Skhosane promised the President and the nation that they won't disappoint them when they resume their campaign in the CAF Champions League this weekend at the Rand Stadium.

"We have proved that we are best team in the country and now our mission is to conquer Africa. Our results in the domestic football have not been good of late but the boys have since realised that they have big assignment to do the nation proud and bring the CAF Champions League title back home this season."

Ernest Fakude
Re: Superssport United Vs Heartland Another Rsa/naija Battle by honeric01(m): 3:34pm On Apr 23, 2010
@Rsa
You can do better than that, this intro is too one sided and it does not really throw my light into the upcoming match.
Re: Superssport United Vs Heartland Another Rsa/naija Battle by semid4lyfe(m): 5:41pm On Apr 23, 2010
If dem like, make dem win their leaugue 100 times. Wetin I know be say Heartland will qualify over the 2 legs.
Re: Superssport United Vs Heartland Another Rsa/naija Battle by honeric01(m): 10:48pm On Apr 23, 2010
yea, i am sure of heartland doing them twice.
Re: Superssport United Vs Heartland Another Rsa/naija Battle by yousouph(m): 7:25pm On Apr 24, 2010
1st goal to Heartland in d 3rd minutes by Thankgod Ike
Re: Superssport United Vs Heartland Another Rsa/naija Battle by yousouph(m): 8:04pm On Apr 24, 2010
Themba September makes it 1-1
Re: Superssport United Vs Heartland Another Rsa/naija Battle by honeric01(m): 8:51pm On Apr 24, 2010
nice, where are you guys watching the match? why's African CL matches so hard to watch on the TV? angry
Re: Superssport United Vs Heartland Another Rsa/naija Battle by 8words(m): 8:58pm On Apr 24, 2010
any scores coz that is my club.

Up Heartlanf fc
Re: Superssport United Vs Heartland Another Rsa/naija Battle by yousouph(m): 9:18pm On Apr 24, 2010
Game over with the score ending in 1 - 1 draw. Supersport were the better team tonight. Heartland coach, Kelechi Emetole blames their performance on the wet pitch and the weather.
Re: Superssport United Vs Heartland Another Rsa/naija Battle by dominique(f): 2:18am On Apr 25, 2010
not an heartland fan but i congratulate the draw. e no easy defeating drawing with back-to-back champs.
hope they stay focused and win the return leg.

honeric01:

@Rsa
You can do better than that, this intro is too one sided and it does not really throw my light into the upcoming match.

abi o!
Re: Superssport United Vs Heartland Another Rsa/naija Battle by RSA(m): 9:58am On Apr 26, 2010
honeric01:

@Rsa

I know grin

yousouph:

Game over with the score ending in 1 - 1 draw. Supersport were the better team tonight. Heartland coach, Kelechi Emetole blames their performance on the wet pitch and the weather.

That is right Supersport where a better side on the night and should have done well,the wet pitch and the cold,windy and rainy weather affected the standard of play from both sides.
A scored draw will always favours the host team of the second leg.But I still think that Supersport can still come home with a win in Nigeria.

And I thought the Ghananian referee and his assistants where very poor,moslt of their decisions where favouring Heartland,they are lucky that Supersport does not command huge support,if it was Chiefs or Pirates game that game will have been called off because fans where going to chase him away. grin

Second leg in Nigeria I predict Heartland 1 and Supersport 2 grin

Pss, I hope we get uncorruptable referees angry
Re: Superssport United Vs Heartland Another Rsa/naija Battle by honeric01(m): 11:41am On Apr 26, 2010
dominique:

not an heartland fan but i congratulate the draw. e no easy defeating drawing with back-to-back champs.
hope they stay focused and win the return leg.

abi o!

back-to-back champs my foot, they can keep winning their local title every year for 100yrs but when it comes to African football, SA clubs are minors and can never be put on the same isle with clubs from the north and west of Africa.
Re: Superssport United Vs Heartland Another Rsa/naija Battle by RSA(m): 12:04pm On Apr 26, 2010
honeric01:

back-to-back champs my foot, they can keep winning their local title every year for 100yrs but when it comes to African football, SA clubs are minors and can never be put on the same isle with clubs from the north and west of Africa.

It is only a matter of time before South African teams start dominating Africa,our league is one of the best but our teams never took African competitions seriously until now.
I know that two years ago things where too bad in African competitions,corruption was rife and obvious,pitches where poor and treatment was as bad but things are starting to change and as South Africans we are starting to take interest in this competitions.Orlando Pirates have won Champions league before in 1995,beating Asec Mimosa for the tittle and in 2001 Mamelodi Sundowns where beaten by Al Alhly of Egypt in the Final.

So you see that we are not far off.Just sit and watch us.South Africans don't just say they do.
Re: Superssport United Vs Heartland Another Rsa/naija Battle by dominique(f): 12:09pm On Apr 26, 2010
honeric01:

true that. with the amount ononey spent ontheir teams, you'd expect better results from them.
Re: Superssport United Vs Heartland Another Rsa/naija Battle by honeric01(m): 12:10pm On Apr 26, 2010
RSA:

It is only a matter of time before South African teams start dominating Africa,our league is one of the best but our teams never took African competitions seriously until now.
I know that two years ago things where too bad in African competitions,corruption was rife and obvious,pitches where poor and treatment was as bad but things are starting to change and as South Africans we are starting to take interest in this competitions.Orlando Pirates have won Champions league before in 1995,beating Asec Mimosa for the tittle and in 2001 Mamelodi Sundowns where beaten by Al Alhly of Egypt in the Final.

So you see that we are not far off.Just sit and watch us.South Africans don't just say they do.

abeg bro, with all the sponsors, good pitches, nice facilities, una still no get mouth for African football, imagine a club coming from a "bad" pitch country to score first at your "good" pitch, supersport of all club, i think they have won more league title in 10yrs than any other club in SA right?
Re: Superssport United Vs Heartland Another Rsa/naija Battle by honeric01(m): 12:10pm On Apr 26, 2010
dominique:

true that. with the amount ononey spent ontheir teams, you'd expect better results from them.

i tire oo.
Re: Superssport United Vs Heartland Another Rsa/naija Battle by RSA(m): 12:39pm On Apr 26, 2010
honeric01:

abeg bro, with all the sponsors, good pitches, nice facilities, una still no get mouth for African football, imagine a club coming from a "bad" pitch country to score first at your "good" pitch, supersport of all club, i think they have won more league title in 10yrs than any other club in SA right?

Look I know you know football and I don't make excuses but some of key Supersport players are in Germany with the national team on camp and also you don't expect South African teams to beat every team in Africa because they have top infrustracture and earn big Salaries.Football is won on the pitch and a little bit of luck sometimes it's all it take.

For the past four years Tottenham,Portsmouth,Man United have visited South Africa for their pre season training and played competitive football with local teams and where beaten but one player from their team can buy the whole team of local teams.
So I don't think is about money,But we do have talent and could dominate Africa if things are fair.
Re: Superssport United Vs Heartland Another Rsa/naija Battle by honeric01(m): 8:37am On Apr 27, 2010
RSA:

Look I know you know football and I don't make excuses but some of key Supersport players are in Germany with the national team on camp and also you don't expect South African teams to beat every team in Africa because they have top infrustracture and earn big Salaries.Football is won on the pitch and a little bit of luck sometimes it's all it take.

For the past four years Tottenham,Portsmouth,Man United have visited South Africa for their pre season training and played competitive football with local teams and where beaten but one player from their team can buy the whole team of local teams.
So I don't think is about money,But we do have talent and could dominate Africa if things are fair.

These reason are enough for me to have asked why SA clubs are not making waves in Africa (in general), with all these exposure, yet you can't stamp your foot on African club football.
Re: Superssport United Vs Heartland Another Rsa/naija Battle by Mpele(m): 9:07am On Apr 28, 2010
Stupid little cup! Supersport should just pull out! There is no money in these African hogwash cups! Drunk referees damn!
That's why Kaizer Chiefs would rather play the Vodacom challenge with the Manchester's and the Tottenham of this world. How much do U get from playin in Africa, dilapitated infrastructure, hostile people and foolish referees!!
Re: Superssport United Vs Heartland Another Rsa/naija Battle by honeric01(m): 3:29pm On Apr 28, 2010
@mpele
Mpele:

silly little cup! Supersport should just pull out! There is no money in these African hogwash cups! Drunk referees damn!
That's why Kaizer Chiefs would rather play the Vodacom challenge with the Manchester's and the Tottenham of this world. How much do U get from playin in Africa, dilapitated infrastructure, hostile people and foolish referees!!

Don't you think it would be wise if South Africa moves to another continent? undecided
Re: Superssport United Vs Heartland Another Rsa/naija Battle by semid4lyfe(m): 3:40pm On Apr 28, 2010
Mpele:

silly little cup! Supersport should just pull out! There is no money in these African hogwash cups! Drunk referees damn!
Why is this one ranting? Egyptian and Tunisian leagues have top notch infrastructure, good pay and yet participate in the African Club competitions despite been close historically and geographically to the Arab world. While you're at it, why don't you pull out from playing in the African Cup of Nations?

Silly twats!
Re: Superssport United Vs Heartland Another Rsa/naija Battle by dominique(f): 11:27am On Apr 29, 2010
Mpele:

you made it look as if kaizer chiefs qualified for the continental competitiions and turned it down to play in the vodacom challenge that is not recognised beyond your borders. let them qualify first and see if they won't play.
why can't you just admit your local league boys are mediocre at their very best. and plzzzzz don't remind us that the chiefs defeated a manchester team B back in '01, i understand they're still living on that past glory when the whole world has moved on embarassed
Re: Superssport United Vs Heartland Another Rsa/naija Battle by RSA(m): 9:51am On Apr 30, 2010
Bottom line is South Africans have been isolated for too long from Africa and the international community,during that time we learned to be self reliant,we developed selflove,which means anything South Africa is the best the rest come second.
Today our league is the most watched and supported by locals,DSTV payed a fortune to get the rights.And that investment have been fruitful for DSTV,more people signed to the cable network because of PSL,more people watch PSL On DSTV than any other international league including Premier league of England,La Liga of Spain or Bundeliga of Germany.

And because of this the PSL brand in the country and some neighboring countries is big and still growing but the disadvantages are South Africans teams find honour in winning local championships than any international one.Even our kids aspire to play for Chiefs,Pirates,Sundowns than going overseas.It is bad because it mean few our players will play in the best leagues in the world and we won't produce world class players.

Today our kids in South Africa know about Teko Modise,Itu Khune and Tshabalala than Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi, that is bad. But on the other hand it teaches them to believe and support and be proud of their own.
Re: Superssport United Vs Heartland Another Rsa/naija Battle by dominique(f): 10:52am On Apr 30, 2010
well said RSA. i'll give it to the South Africans, at least they appreciate their leagues better than most of us here do to ours.
Re: Superssport United Vs Heartland Another Rsa/naija Battle by RSA(m): 12:14pm On Apr 30, 2010
dominique:

well said RSA. i'll give it to the South Africans, at least they appreciate their leagues better than most of us here do to ours.

But Dominique its got its own negative as I've alluded earliar, Caf lack of organisation and investement in Africa and the fact that corruption is rife,referees decide the winner before kickoff and just plain cheating and intimidation make Caf competitions for South Africans less appealing and it is wrong.

The perception in the country is that inorder to win in Africa you must buy referees,intimidate the visitors and do other unsporting things.Unlike West and North Africans,South Africans are new into the whole thing,even if they wanted to do it,they've got no connections.Look at age cheating,everybody send player twice their age,what do we do we tried to cheat by send players who are older by not more than two years,and to top it up we go for players who are shorter in order to try to decieve people. grin Other nations send their big and old guys as long as their passport say 15 years who and how will you challenge them? grin
Re: Superssport United Vs Heartland Another Rsa/naija Battle by honeric01(m): 12:00am On May 01, 2010
RSA:

But Dominique its got its own negative as I've alluded earliar, Caf lack of organisation and investement in Africa and the fact that corruption is rife[b],referees decide the winner before kickoff and just plain cheating and intimidation make Caf competitions for South Africans less appealing and it is wrong.[/b]

The perception in the country is that inorder to win in Africa you must buy referees,intimidate the visitors and do other unsporting things.Unlike West and North Africans,South Africans are new into the whole thing,even if they wanted to do it,they've got no connections.Look at age cheating,everybody send player twice their age,what do we do we tried to cheat by send players who are older by not more than two years,and to top it up we go for players who are shorter in order to try to decieve people. grin Other nations send their big and old guys as long as their passport say 15 years who and how will you challenge them? grin

The bolded parts are not really right bro, wherever you got that notion from, it's wrong, when it comes to CAF, it's very rare to hear of cases where caf refs are being bribed by home team just to win a match or have you heard of any case before (facts needed) and even if it occurred, i guess it's not that rampant as you are making it sound. remember that even in Europe (UCL and EUROPA), REFS officiate so badly, yet Romanian teams or danish teams ad others do not stop trying to qualify to play in the tourney.
Re: Superssport United Vs Heartland Another Rsa/naija Battle by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 03, 2010
RSA:

But Dominique its got its own negative as I've alluded earliar, Caf lack of organisation and investement in Africa and the fact that corruption is rife,referees decide the winner before kickoff and just plain cheating and intimidation make Caf competitions for South Africans less appealing and it is wrong.

Ok, we hear you, RSA is holy, you no dey cheat for age-grade competitions. But what happens at the senior national team level? At least no age-cheating there, no bribery etc. What has SA achieved here?

The reason why I believe your excuse for the failure of SA to make impact in African football doesn't hold water.
Re: Superssport United Vs Heartland Another Rsa/naija Battle by RSA(m): 11:14am On May 06, 2010
Jarus:

Ok, we hear you, RSA is holy, you no dey cheat for age-grade competitions. But what happens at the senior national team level? At least no age-cheating there, no bribery etc. What has SA achieved here?
The reason why I believe your excuse for the failure of SA to make impact in African football doesn't hold water.

The senior team has won African Cup of Nation once,finished second once and have qualified for the world cup twice not including 2010 as host(this will be our third appearence).We where once ranked 14th in the world,all this where achived in less than 14 years since isolation.
I know this might be small successes compare to Nigeria,but if you look at the time we've started playing international competition you'll realised that we have over achived a lot.
Although soccer is number one sport in the country but is not too far from other sports like Rugby,which we are world champions,Cricket where we are rated number one in the world,we are also a big hockey nation.

But to answer your question,lately we have been doing badly,and one of the reason is we've been developing the wrong types of players,development caoches where concentrating on short but very skilfull types of players,unlike in in the early 2000 where we had big strong tall players,like Masinga,Khumalo,Fish,Radebe,Battlet and we will have one or two skillfull short players like Moshoeu.
It is back to basic for us,and hopefully 2014 if we don't supprise lot of the teams this year will our year.
Barcelona is signaing an 18 years old sensation called Siyanda Xulu,remember that name.
Re: Superssport United Vs Heartland Another Rsa/naija Battle by honeric01(m): 11:56am On May 06, 2010
RSA:

The senior team has won African Cup of Nation once,finished second once and have qualified for the world cup twice not including 2010 as host(this will be our third appearence).We where once ranked 14th in the world,all this where achived in less than 14 years since isolation.
I know this might be small successes compare to Nigeria,but if you look at the time we've started playing international competition you'll realised that we have over achived a lot.
Although soccer is number one sport in the country but is not too far from other sports like Rugby,which we are world champions,Cricket where we are rated number one in the world,we are also a big hockey nation.

But to answer your question,lately we have been doing badly,and one of the reason is we've been developing the wrong types of players,development caoches where concentrating on short but very skilfull types of players,unlike in in the early 2000 where we had big strong tall players,like Masinga,Khumalo,Fish,Radebe,Battlet and we will have one or two skillfull short players like Moshoeu.
It is back to basic for us,and hopefully 2014 if we don't supprise lot of the teams this year will our year.
Barcelona is signaing an 18 years old sensation called Siyanda Xulu,remember that name.

excuse, excuse, excuse, abeg bone excuse jare, ain't you guys doing well in other sports like crickets and rugby? you don't have excuses to the successes you have enjoyed in these sports right? why do you now have excuse for football?

the only time SA won the nations cup was because some big nations like Nigeria withdrew from the competition, remember that we still had our best squad then and would have won that tournament if we didn't pull out to protest against the oppressors in SA, remember?

anyways, why you qualified for the 2 previous worldcup IMO was because of the kind of oppositions SA competed with, now that the format has changed, i would like to see how many more worldcup SA will go to.

since 1996, SA has been having a nose dive and it's getting worse, beware and work on these lapses.
Re: Superssport United Vs Heartland Another Rsa/naija Battle by RSA(m): 9:01am On May 07, 2010
^^and since the same period of time,1996,what was happening with Nigeria?Dominating the world?Winning African Cup of Nations?
My brother your country during the same period have been awful,I don't understand why you sound as if you've achived anything in the last 17 years in football.We both have issues and at the moment we're both full of excuses.

Let us sort our issues and come back and talk.
Re: Superssport United Vs Heartland Another Rsa/naija Battle by Iyineda(m): 6:55pm On May 07, 2010
^^^ KPOM! grin

It's a Ghanaian slang I see them use in forums. I guess it means "Well said". ^^'
Re: Superssport United Vs Heartland Another Rsa/naija Battle by honeric01(m): 12:57am On May 08, 2010
RSA:

^^and since the same period of time,1996,what was happening with Nigeria?Dominating the world?Winning African Cup of Nations?
My brother your country during the same period have been awful,I don't understand why you sound as if you've achived anything in the last 17 years in football.We both have issues and at the moment we're both full of excuses.

Let us sort our issues and come back and talk.

are u for real? seriously? you want to really know what Nigeria has achieved within that 17 years? for real? okay, do the research yourself and count how many nations cup we have been to, how many trophies we won, our female, youth and the rest, then come back here and tell us your findout. don't forget to include the exploits how clubsides have enjoyed within these 17yrs ok?

you want to compare your non achieving football organization with ours? think again. angry angry angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Haruna Lukman Impresses Lagerback / Nigeria Never Approached Me, Their Scouts Are Bad —agbonlahor / Obafemi Martins And His Old Friend, Lil Wayne (PICTURES)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.