Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

Lets Talk About The One You Let Slip Away - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lets Talk About The One You Let Slip Away (2407 Views)

I Found The One I Let Slip Away On NL / How I Allowed A Good Man To Slip Away From My Grasp. *in Tears* / Wat Do I Do Seeing A Gurl I Love Slip Away From My Hand Cos Material Tins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Talk About The One You Let Slip Away by nalijah07(f): 2:48pm On Apr 23, 2010
There is always one that you wish you had treated right, tried a little harder with, etc. Events happened and that person is no longer in you life. If you had it to do over again, what would you do differently? What lesson did you learn in hindsight?
Re: Lets Talk About The One You Let Slip Away by Dimka76(m): 4:35pm On Apr 23, 2010
Hmmm. Good one. I have decided that it just with hindsight you feel dat way. If it happened all over again you would probably make the same desicions. I used to feel so bad , wondering why I wasn't a better man? Why I lost my temper? Why I drank so much? Why I did not stop smoking? The list is endless. But , it all gone, memories only. And time you know colours memories. Of course we learn everyday. There are some things I would do diff now. But the koko is to love the one you with right now and let the old flame die, lest u be trapped in a vicious cycle of regret and nostalgia.
Re: Lets Talk About The One You Let Slip Away by nalijah07(f): 3:48pm On Apr 24, 2010
hmn, interesting.
Re: Lets Talk About The One You Let Slip Away by iice(f): 5:20am On Jun 01, 2010
No one really. . .
Re: Lets Talk About The One You Let Slip Away by akunta(f): 12:31pm On Jun 02, 2010
I really wish i had more courage, i was very afriad of what i dont know so i let him slip away(5yr ago). Since then, i have tried getting into relationships (mostly online) but wudnt work cause i still harbour such fears of being hrtbroken and maybe cos i belive tat none wud adore me as he did. Although, i gathered courage to call him a few weeks ago and apologised for treating him the way i did. i am still afriad, but if for any reason he comes back, i will confide my fears to him, take it one step at a time and see what the future hold for us!

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About The One You Let Slip Away by otawa: 8:10pm On Jun 02, 2010
There is always one that you wish you had treated right, tried a little harder with, etc. Events happened and that person is no longer in you life. If you had it to do over again, what would you do differently? What lesson did you learn in hindsight?

None. I always give them the best while it lasts.
Re: Lets Talk About The One You Let Slip Away by MrsOsewa: 8:36pm On Jun 02, 2010
None. I'm happy with my dear husband Seun. No one can surpass him. kiss
Re: Lets Talk About The One You Let Slip Away by 912(m): 10:25pm On Jun 02, 2010
hmm Mrs Osewa, do you know how easy it is to actually guess your NL maiden name before you changed it to Mrs Osewa? cheesy wink
Re: Lets Talk About The One You Let Slip Away by MissyB1(m): 11:02pm On Jun 02, 2010
9-11:

hmm Mrs Osewa, do you know how easy it is to actually guess your NL maiden name before you changed it to Mrs Osewa? cheesy wink
Mama-Gee, I think.
Re: Lets Talk About The One You Let Slip Away by 912(m): 11:04pm On Jun 02, 2010
^^^Nope, Really far from it. cheesy
Re: Lets Talk About The One You Let Slip Away by MissyB1(m): 11:10pm On Jun 02, 2010
Then, spill! wink
Re: Lets Talk About The One You Let Slip Away by 912(m): 11:17pm On Jun 02, 2010
^^^wanna wet your appetite a little. Two more guesses let me see if you'll get any warmer. smiley
Clue: this time try guessing someone with brains . . .   cheesy
Re: Lets Talk About The One You Let Slip Away by MissyB1(m): 11:33pm On Jun 02, 2010
9-11:

^^^wanna wet your appetite a little. Two more guesses let me see if you'll get any warmer. smiley
Clue: this time try guessing someone with brains . . .   cheesy
In that case . . . . .Missy B. grin
Re: Lets Talk About The One You Let Slip Away by 912(m): 11:38pm On Jun 02, 2010
wow that was a very intelligent guess.
You've surpassingly exceeded my expectations. cheesy Great Job cheesy
Re: Lets Talk About The One You Let Slip Away by merge(f): 11:41pm On Jun 02, 2010
None
Re: Lets Talk About The One You Let Slip Away by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jun 02, 2010
Nope. . . . not yet at that stage. . . . no one yet . . . stillin the "good riddance" stage
Re: Lets Talk About The One You Let Slip Away by denzel2009: 11:50pm On Jun 02, 2010
I keep slipping away from myself.
Re: Lets Talk About The One You Let Slip Away by MrsOsewa: 7:28pm On Jun 03, 2010
9-11:

Say it if you know it. No biggies! tongue
Re: Lets Talk About The One You Let Slip Away by 912(m): 10:25pm On Jun 03, 2010
Mrs Osewa:

Say it if you know it. No biggies! tongue
You no go bribe me now ehn? I go talk o smiley
Re: Lets Talk About The One You Let Slip Away by MrsOsewa: 6:11pm On Jun 04, 2010
9-11:

You no go bribe me now ehn? I go talk o smiley

Talk jo! infact I want to know if you are right or wrong. So talk am!!! I'm waiting, tongue
Re: Lets Talk About The One You Let Slip Away by nellaluv(f): 6:37pm On Jun 04, 2010
Its Fl Gators grin
Mrs Osewa ko olori ni grin tongue
Re: Lets Talk About The One You Let Slip Away by 912(m): 10:17pm On Jun 04, 2010
^^That's one of the ladies I initially suspected. Although based on her writing partner there is another lady that is likely to be our very dear "Mrs Osewa".

@ Mrs Osewa
I go talk o! cheesy
Re: Lets Talk About The One You Let Slip Away by nellaluv(f): 10:39pm On Jun 04, 2010
Its Ms. Gators, anywhere Mrs Osewa posts you'll surely see Fl Gators cheesy . This is the second thread i've seen both of them tongue .
Re: Lets Talk About The One You Let Slip Away by 912(m): 10:43pm On Jun 04, 2010
That's true. How come I didn't notice that before now.
and have you noticed also that they are never online at the same time?
Re: Lets Talk About The One You Let Slip Away by nellaluv(f): 10:48pm On Jun 04, 2010
^ ^ hehehe cheesy . so who was your 2nd guess, lizzybabe?
Re: Lets Talk About The One You Let Slip Away by 912(m): 11:40pm On Jun 04, 2010
^^^I was thinking Madlady cos they tend to write the same way but now I'm pretty sure its Gators.
Re: Lets Talk About The One You Let Slip Away by MissyB1(m): 11:43pm On Jun 04, 2010
It is not . . . .cannot be FL Gators. cool
Re: Lets Talk About The One You Let Slip Away by funkybaby(f): 11:50pm On Jun 04, 2010
None!

I always tried my very best and loved whole heartedly. Even after I left him, he can't get me off his mind. g
Re: Lets Talk About The One You Let Slip Away by MrsOsewa: 11:17am On Jun 05, 2010
Guys, keep the guesses coming. You still haven't got it right!
Re: Lets Talk About The One You Let Slip Away by Youngpo413: 7:35am On Nov 23, 2014
Dimka76:
Hmmm. Good one. I have decided that it just with hindsight you feel dat way. If it happened all over again you would probably make the same desicions. I used to feel so bad , wondering why I wasn't a better man? Why I lost my temper? Why I drank so much? Why I did not stop smoking? The list is endless. But , it all gone, memories only. And time you know colours memories. Of course we learn everyday. There are some things I would do diff now. But the koko is to love the one you with right now and let the old flame die, lest u be trapped in a vicious cycle of regret and nostalgia.

gbam
Re: Lets Talk About The One You Let Slip Away by katelin0425: 8:04pm On Sep 25, 2015
i let the one love slip away. it was asummer fling but i instanly fell in love. we were together when we started grade 10, but then she started looking at other girls, and guys. i was devestated, because she was the first girl i had ever been in love with. so when school started and she finally found someone other than me, she broke up with me and completely left me in her dirt. a month later the girl she was with broke up with her, so she decided to start taking to me again, and thought that since she was single, it would make everything ok. but i was still hurt and hadent gotten over it. she asked me to go out with her and i said no. long story short, she was with another girl that same day.

advice for you girls and guys, dont ever get involved with something that you know will never last, even if what you can have is amazing and you want more than anything, its not worth the heart break. cry

(1) (Reply)

Dearies, What's The Weirdest Thing You Have Ever Done In The Name Of Love? / Romance Section: Legendary Award [NOMINATIONS] / Lover Sets Boyfriend Ablaze In Ondo (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.