Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

Man Arraigned For Obstructing Obaseki’s Convoy & Driving Against Traffic - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Arraigned For Obstructing Obaseki’s Convoy & Driving Against Traffic (16423 Views)

Truck Driver In Court For Obstructing Osinbajo’s Motorcade In Lagos / Abagun Kole Omololu Arrested For ‘Obstructing’ Osinbajo’s Convoy / The Accident Victims Involving Obaseki’s Convoy (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Arraigned For Obstructing Obaseki’s Convoy & Driving Against Traffic by OdionAkghigbe: 2:27pm On Feb 20, 2018
A motorist, Progress Raji, 27, was on Monday brought before an Oredo Magistrates’ Court in Benin, for allegedly obstructing Edo State Governor Godwin Obaseki’s convoy.

Raji is facing two counts of driving against the traffic, thereby obstructing the governor’s convoy and driving on the public highway with expired driver’s licence.

The Prosecutor, Mr. David Akhigbe, told court that Raji committed the offences on February 18 on Country Home Road, off Sapele Road, Benin City.

Akhigbe said the first offence was punishable under Section 18 of Road Traffic Law, Cap 148, Vol. 1 of former Bendel State of Nigeria, 1976 now applicable to Edo State.

He said the second offence was punishable under Regulation 42 of Road Traffic Law, Cap 48, Vol. 5 of the former Bendel State of Nigeria Laws now applicable to Edo State.

Raji, however, pleaded not guilty to the charges.

Counsel to the accused, Mr. Mathew Adebola, pleaded with the court to grant his client bail due to the nature of the offences.

The Magistrate, M. O. Ojo, granted the accused bail in the sum of N20,000 and a surety in like sum.

The magistrate said the surety must reside within the court’s jurisdiction and must also have a visible means of livelihood.

Ojo adjourned the case until March 2 for further hearing. (NAN)

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/punchng.com/man-drives-against-traffic-obstructs-obasekis-convoy/amp/

Re: Man Arraigned For Obstructing Obaseki’s Convoy & Driving Against Traffic by Litblogger: 2:36pm On Feb 20, 2018
See his face like engine oil.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arraigned For Obstructing Obaseki’s Convoy & Driving Against Traffic by NOC1(m): 2:40pm On Feb 20, 2018
Litblogger:
Is he God?

did you read the article? you people should stop jumping into news without comprehending what is in the article.

28 Likes

Re: Man Arraigned For Obstructing Obaseki’s Convoy & Driving Against Traffic by OdionAkghigbe: 2:40pm On Feb 20, 2018
Litblogger:
Is he God?

You should read the news all over again. He never played God, and will never do that okay. He only saw a wrongdoing and stopped it to save lives.

11 Likes

Re: Man Arraigned For Obstructing Obaseki’s Convoy & Driving Against Traffic by Litblogger: 2:45pm On Feb 20, 2018
OdionAkghigbe:

You should read the news all over again. He never played God, and will never do that okay. He only saw a wrongdoing and stopped it to save lives.
Okay

3 Likes

Re: Man Arraigned For Obstructing Obaseki’s Convoy & Driving Against Traffic by Litblogger: 2:46pm On Feb 20, 2018
NOC1:

did you read the article? you people should stop jumping into news without comprehending what is in the article.
Okay

2 Likes

Re: Man Arraigned For Obstructing Obaseki’s Convoy & Driving Against Traffic by Timsally77: 2:47pm On Feb 20, 2018
Litblogger:
Is he God?

See talk. Show your papaiwater face make we view am. You need to go back to school and re-learn how to read and understand English.

4 Likes

Re: Man Arraigned For Obstructing Obaseki’s Convoy & Driving Against Traffic by Litblogger: 2:48pm On Feb 20, 2018
Timsally77:

See talk. Show your papaiwater face make we view am. You need to go back to school and re-learn how to read and understand English.

I've got five fingers on my left hand and four of them are lowered, except the middle one.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arraigned For Obstructing Obaseki’s Convoy & Driving Against Traffic by Timsally77: 2:58pm On Feb 20, 2018
Litblogger:

I've got five fingers on my left hand and four of them are lowered, except the middle one.

I am glad you have started learning how to talk with decorum. Next time, shew your words first, learner.

2 Likes

Re: Man Arraigned For Obstructing Obaseki’s Convoy & Driving Against Traffic by buhariguy(m): 3:02pm On Feb 20, 2018
Litblogger:
Is he God?

see the way you are talking to my governor, that is a prove you lack parents

2 Likes

Re: Man Arraigned For Obstructing Obaseki’s Convoy & Driving Against Traffic by Litblogger: 3:03pm On Feb 20, 2018
Timsally77:

I am glad you have started learning how to talk with decorum. Next time, shew your words first, learner.
Okay

1 Like

Re: Man Arraigned For Obstructing Obaseki’s Convoy & Driving Against Traffic by Litblogger: 3:04pm On Feb 20, 2018
buhariguy:
see the way you are talking to my governor prove
Na joke o

1 Like

Re: Man Arraigned For Obstructing Obaseki’s Convoy & Driving Against Traffic by Timsally77: 3:11pm On Feb 20, 2018
Litblogger:

Na joke o

Hahahahaha... okay, but na expensive joke be that o.

2 Likes

Re: Man Arraigned For Obstructing Obaseki’s Convoy & Driving Against Traffic by AishaBuhari: 4:24pm On Feb 20, 2018
In Nigeria politicians parades themselves as gods - The essence of democracy has been defeated.

Nonsense

Before you quote me just know that I read the post and did a thorough comprehension and comparasm before commenting.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arraigned For Obstructing Obaseki’s Convoy & Driving Against Traffic by hubtiva: 4:24pm On Feb 20, 2018
Re: Man Arraigned For Obstructing Obaseki’s Convoy & Driving Against Traffic by Follygunners: 4:24pm On Feb 20, 2018
Litblogger:

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Man Arraigned For Obstructing Obaseki’s Convoy & Driving Against Traffic by badmanschatz: 4:24pm On Feb 20, 2018
Litblogger:

Lmao u get bad mouth gann

2 Likes

Re: Man Arraigned For Obstructing Obaseki’s Convoy & Driving Against Traffic by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 4:25pm On Feb 20, 2018
shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Man Arraigned For Obstructing Obaseki’s Convoy & Driving Against Traffic by Etihadstore: 4:25pm On Feb 20, 2018
My signature

Let me impact in your life
Re: Man Arraigned For Obstructing Obaseki’s Convoy & Driving Against Traffic by t00dugged(f): 4:25pm On Feb 20, 2018
One way wey dem use take swear for some of this drivers, that's how that road sweeper lost her life some time ago in the state, let him be dealt with according to the law

1 Like

Re: Man Arraigned For Obstructing Obaseki’s Convoy & Driving Against Traffic by Desire01(f): 4:26pm On Feb 20, 2018
Ok
Re: Man Arraigned For Obstructing Obaseki’s Convoy & Driving Against Traffic by AishaBuhari: 4:26pm On Feb 20, 2018
buhariguy:
see the way you are talking to my governor prove
Why is idiotic pigs of IPOB missing in you comment na
Re: Man Arraigned For Obstructing Obaseki’s Convoy & Driving Against Traffic by jaymejate: 4:27pm On Feb 20, 2018
Na Wa 4 Them O. If Na Some Kind Of Police Driving Upandan Disturbing Traffic, They Won't Talk O.

Na Only Nigeria Even Community Chairman Wil Be Using Convoy. Trash
Re: Man Arraigned For Obstructing Obaseki’s Convoy & Driving Against Traffic by Profkomolafe(m): 4:27pm On Feb 20, 2018
grin progress Raji ti ni problem!

1 Like

Re: Man Arraigned For Obstructing Obaseki’s Convoy & Driving Against Traffic by PotatoSalad(m): 4:28pm On Feb 20, 2018
Imagine
Re: Man Arraigned For Obstructing Obaseki’s Convoy & Driving Against Traffic by Maxvasia(m): 4:29pm On Feb 20, 2018
Litblogger:
Lmao
Re: Man Arraigned For Obstructing Obaseki’s Convoy & Driving Against Traffic by Shapapa1: 4:30pm On Feb 20, 2018
Na wah k

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019: Dankwambo Says He Is Not Working With Tambuwal Against Atiku / Osinbajo: Ekiti Has Higher GDP Than Gambia, Cape Verde, Seychelles / Reps Committee On Works Holds Public Hearing On The Use Of Concrete For Roads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.