Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,664 members, 7,801,919 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

Egg Donor Chronicles: My Experience In A Nigerian Fertility Clinic (with Pics) - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Egg Donor Chronicles: My Experience In A Nigerian Fertility Clinic (with Pics) (43127 Views)

Egg Donor And Surrogate Mum Urgently Needed / Contact The Hope Valley Fertility Clinic For All Fertility Issues / 7 Factors To Consider Before Choosing A Fertility Clinic For Your IVF Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egg Donor Chronicles: My Experience In A Nigerian Fertility Clinic (with Pics) by franzis(m): 7:24pm On Feb 20, 2018
How I fit unread this...
Re: Egg Donor Chronicles: My Experience In A Nigerian Fertility Clinic (with Pics) by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:29pm On Feb 20, 2018
enoqueen:
Waoh shocked

I hope to be a surrogate to someone someday. But that day is still very far from my mind.
aka old layer
Re: Egg Donor Chronicles: My Experience In A Nigerian Fertility Clinic (with Pics) by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:31pm On Feb 20, 2018
eTECTIVe:
hmmm
... There'll probably b nothing left for most of us future husbands by d tym we ready to settle down... D future for d nxt generation of kids is very very bleak
asinnnn
see as dis wan sell her future progeny de fool hersef say na donation
Re: Egg Donor Chronicles: My Experience In A Nigerian Fertility Clinic (with Pics) by nezer83: 7:34pm On Feb 20, 2018
Odingo1:

The egg contain someone DNA, if it is done rampantly where everyone will be selling egg, the children that will be in this world in the future will be marrying their sisters and brothers and this will result to new strange diseases. That is why the core northerners have various strange diseases in their midst because they marry their cousins their father brother children.

Correct me if am wrong, though the egg and sperm carry the chromosome, but perhaps the blood plays more role in gene and DNA, if the donated and fertilized egg is incubated by the woman for 9 months feeding from her blood, I think the product (child) will inherit greater percentage of the incubating mothers DNA and gene.

Re: Egg Donor Chronicles: My Experience In A Nigerian Fertility Clinic (with Pics) by boyjo: 7:36pm On Feb 20, 2018
JeffreyJames:

Is there adverse effect? undecided

I don't understand?
Are you referring to the grammar?
Re: Egg Donor Chronicles: My Experience In A Nigerian Fertility Clinic (with Pics) by armadeo(m): 7:36pm On Feb 20, 2018
honestly this information isnt new to me and i am very much aware of its existence for years now, I knew i would read comments from retarded illiterates on this thread.

instead of reading to update their knowledge they do what Nigerians do best... react from an uniformed point of view.

bigs ups vickify. i am so proud that you shut them reactors up.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egg Donor Chronicles: My Experience In A Nigerian Fertility Clinic (with Pics) by boyjo: 7:37pm On Feb 20, 2018
joeaz58:
idiot why did you quote me at first animal

You are so angry shocked hahaha grin
Re: Egg Donor Chronicles: My Experience In A Nigerian Fertility Clinic (with Pics) by Nobody: 7:40pm On Feb 20, 2018
MissJoy29:

Everything you wrote up there that was almost making sense was spoilt by your last paragraph. You are trying so hard to be aloof & arrogant. Must you be condescending? Is there anywhere in my writing that indicated I was judging you? You were obviously too quick to quote me that you didn't digest what I wrote. Besides, the way you have been answering some other ones too buttresses the point I'm trying to make here.

Btw, more research on what exactly? Do I have to be any of those people to know something about this?

Then, I used "hidden" adverse effect not necessarily because there's none at all. But because they might not show immediately. So I didn't mention anything about you saying there's no adverse effect.

I'm not concerned about WHY you did it. I'm more concerned about the HOW & the after effect(if any). I didn't think I was wrong to have commented. Besides, I didn't even quote you directly.

Please, learn how to address issues(if there's any) without attacking the person. The moniker "saintmary" who is clearly defending you(cos she's enlightened enough as I am in respecting your choices even when some others aren't) is even more "gracious and polite" in her response to others than you. I suggest you learn from her.

I'm not going to argue with you on this. I told you to make research because your reservations especially concerning me, are unfounded. The doctors like I said chose the best protocol for me and it worked, shikena. There's really nothing I stand to gain by being cunning or duplicitous because at the end of the day, nobody is paying me to write s*it here. I am the op of this thread (so directly or indirectly whatever you say is in reference to me) and yes, I am aloof and arrogant, I'm in my house tongue

I apologize if I sounded harsh to you but my response was especially to the God's representatives and St Arch Angels all over this thread, no matter how courteous the moniker stmary is, she isn't the one being directly antagonized so she can answer with as much sugar coating as possible. I am not so patient or kind.

7 Likes

Re: Egg Donor Chronicles: My Experience In A Nigerian Fertility Clinic (with Pics) by nezer83: 7:40pm On Feb 20, 2018
ELKHALIFAISIS:
what you're trying to tell us... both gender are important in child making now u come, I concur with u, what angers me most, she said our supermolecules are less important in child making, and for that the price goes between 10k or 11k ... nah akara we dey sell here all diz feminist like to downgrade our importance for just no reason... sugar mama go pay more than just to collect fresh sperm for refreshments

They pay more for the eggs cos of these
1. They produce eggs once in a month while a male can produce sperm many times in a month.
2. The process of harvesting is tedious and could result to complications.

2 Likes

Re: Egg Donor Chronicles: My Experience In A Nigerian Fertility Clinic (with Pics) by MissJoy29(f): 7:45pm On Feb 20, 2018
ELKHALIFAISIS:
what you're trying to tell us... both gender are important in child making now u come, I concur with u, what angers me most, she said our supermolecules are less important in child making, and for that the price goes between 10k or 11k ... nah akara we dey sell here all diz feminist like to downgrade our importance for just no reason... sugar mama go pay more than just to collect fresh sperm for refreshments
Lol...that you collect less money than the females doesn't mean yours is less important. In this case, I think it's cos of the long processes & stress involved. Yours isn't all that tedious.

1 Like

Re: Egg Donor Chronicles: My Experience In A Nigerian Fertility Clinic (with Pics) by marvin906(m): 7:46pm On Feb 20, 2018
MissJoy29:
Wonderful....but scary experience. I have reservations though:
1) The money is too small considering the stress Involved & the amount of money the recipient pays. These things go for as high as 8000-15,000 in the US. So I think, just like everything in Nigeria, they are ripping the donors off.
2)There might be hidden risks involved cos the quantity of drugs you took & injected is just too much. I fear they might have adverse effects.

not they might have effects.
they have effects..
and the risk of a total destruction of the ovaries is still there
Re: Egg Donor Chronicles: My Experience In A Nigerian Fertility Clinic (with Pics) by MissJoy29(f): 7:48pm On Feb 20, 2018
marvin906:

not they might have effects.
they have effects..
and the risk of a total destruction of the ovaries is still there
Seriously?
Re: Egg Donor Chronicles: My Experience In A Nigerian Fertility Clinic (with Pics) by marvin906(m): 7:57pm On Feb 20, 2018
MissJoy29:

Seriously?

do a little research on it...
am not against the OP selling her egg's
and she shouldnt make it look as if she didnt get paid..
and I do hope she doesn't plan to do this frequently cause the amount of drugs given the patients for this procedures amazes me
well all for the money sha
Re: Egg Donor Chronicles: My Experience In A Nigerian Fertility Clinic (with Pics) by Youngzedd(m): 8:04pm On Feb 20, 2018
Destined2win:
shocked

bECAUSE OF100k, you risked your life, poverty na really bad thing

Somebody's future wife grin
Re: Egg Donor Chronicles: My Experience In A Nigerian Fertility Clinic (with Pics) by MissJoy29(f): 8:09pm On Feb 20, 2018
marvin906:

do a little research on it...
am not against the OP selling her egg's
and she shouldnt make it look as if she didnt get paid..
and I do hope she doesn't plan to do this frequently cause the amount of drugs given the patients for this procedures amazes me
well all for the money sha
Ok...I will. I'm not against it too. That's what I was trying to tell her earlier. It's her choice to make. And she made it. Was only been sceptial cos of the drugs involved and the little money got in return after all.
Re: Egg Donor Chronicles: My Experience In A Nigerian Fertility Clinic (with Pics) by shallysgirl: 8:12pm On Feb 20, 2018
nezer83:

But I was not for free and neither will the fertility clinic give it out for free. It's her trade. She just traded her fertile eggs for money.
Am not sure that act deserves God's blessings.
It doesn't matter, the money is a token.
One can't buy a car or rent a decent apartment with 120k.
I still believe it's a sacrifice.
Re: Egg Donor Chronicles: My Experience In A Nigerian Fertility Clinic (with Pics) by MrMoney007: 8:15pm On Feb 20, 2018
Vickify:

I'm not going to argue with you on this. I told you to make research because your reservations especially concerning me, are unfounded. The doctors like I said chose the best protocol for me and it worked, shikena. There's really nothing I stand to gain by being cunning or duplicitous because at the end of the day, nobody is paying me to write s*it here. I am the op of this thread (so directly or indirectly whatever you say is in reference to me) and yes, I am aloof and arrogant, I'm in my house tongue

I apologize if I sounded harsh to you but my response was especially to the God's representatives and St Arch Angels all over this thread, no matter how courteous the moniker stmary is, she isn't the one being directly antagonized so she can answer with as much sugar coating as possible. I am not so patient or kind.

Shut up, you're too saucy.
wisdom is a virtue, maturity is earned.
Re: Egg Donor Chronicles: My Experience In A Nigerian Fertility Clinic (with Pics) by Giddyperson: 8:17pm On Feb 20, 2018
boyjo:

The experience is not her personal experience I feel. It is to create awareness.
It's her personal experience.
Re: Egg Donor Chronicles: My Experience In A Nigerian Fertility Clinic (with Pics) by MissJoy29(f): 8:19pm On Feb 20, 2018
Vickify:

How in the world are the reservations which I have (mainly about the topic & not necessarily you)unfounded? I didn't say they are absolute truths. Did I? Anyway, no arguments.

Who said anything about being cunning? I sure didn't.

Apology accepted. That's the most important thing grin

Anyway, wish you quick recovery and success in your business.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Egg Donor Chronicles: My Experience In A Nigerian Fertility Clinic (with Pics) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:20pm On Feb 20, 2018
Destined2win:
shocked

bECAUSE OF100k, you risked your life, poverty na really bad thing
if she thief Na u go ist condemn her...if it's legal wats dier
Re: Egg Donor Chronicles: My Experience In A Nigerian Fertility Clinic (with Pics) by MamaOO: 8:21pm On Feb 20, 2018
OP: may God bless you as you’ve put smiles, joy and laughter on someone’s/a family’s face. Infertility is hard and using donor eggs is rather unheard of in Nigeria.

I’ll say this tho. You get mind! I would love to help families who have issues with producing eggs out but the thought of having my
Offspring, a child of mine out there will drive me nuts. Kudos! And once again, God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Egg Donor Chronicles: My Experience In A Nigerian Fertility Clinic (with Pics) by shallysgirl: 8:23pm On Feb 20, 2018
Saintmary:
Wow. To find someone who actually did it in Nigeria! Awesome.
People do it o, yes in Nigeria. All these Ivf you hear of these days, you don't know it is donor eggs that are used?
I think these days in Nigeria, even Ivf at 35yrs, you have to use donor eggs

1 Like

Re: Egg Donor Chronicles: My Experience In A Nigerian Fertility Clinic (with Pics) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 8:36pm On Feb 20, 2018
nezer83:

They pay more for the eggs cos of these
1. They produce eggs once in a month while a male can produce sperm many times in a month.
2. The process of harvesting is tedious and could result to complications.
it takes 36 hours for sperm to replenish all the way after ejaculating and get back to their normal sperm count...do you know how many millions of sperm count I have to produce to make a single baby a single ejaculation is equivalent to 2/10 of white blood cells in my body, so why won't they , the foetus is made up of 90% of the fathers Gene
Re: Egg Donor Chronicles: My Experience In A Nigerian Fertility Clinic (with Pics) by Nobody: 8:37pm On Feb 20, 2018
Saintmary:

Eggs get produced every month. If she doesn't donate it they die every month and get wasted. Why not give out what you are not using to someone who doesn't have? They didn't take her ovaries, she still has about 30*12 eggs to produce given her age before menopause and she's only going to use max 4-8 for herself. The rest die unless she gives them out. Stop being judgemental. No one's regretting anything here.

Big ups!

I like your explanation without insults as annoying and holier than thou'ish' as he sounded
Re: Egg Donor Chronicles: My Experience In A Nigerian Fertility Clinic (with Pics) by kessler53(m): 8:49pm On Feb 20, 2018
adadike281:
Jehovah!!!
she tried
Re: Egg Donor Chronicles: My Experience In A Nigerian Fertility Clinic (with Pics) by kessler53(m): 8:53pm On Feb 20, 2018
praiseneofingz:
who read am finish sincerely?
me

1 Like

Re: Egg Donor Chronicles: My Experience In A Nigerian Fertility Clinic (with Pics) by kessler53(m): 8:58pm On Feb 20, 2018
If I were your boyfriend this will be the end of the relationship. If you are donating for free that I will understand,but for you to go this extent because of 120 K I will suspect you can kill for money.
Re: Egg Donor Chronicles: My Experience In A Nigerian Fertility Clinic (with Pics) by kessler53(m): 9:05pm On Feb 20, 2018
Vickify:

I have my own question, are you a trained nurse, doctor or fertility expert? If not, please make more research.

Secondly, if you really read my write up, I didn't dismiss the risk of getting adverse effects like OHSS but chances are really slim if you use the methods suitable for you. I didn't get any adverse effect but that's just me. You could be one of the few cases of the adverse effects coming to play, don't say I told you there are no risks because there obviously are. Its a hormonal therapy combined with a surgical procedure if that's not risky, I don't know what else is.

Thirdly, I had a really strong motivation. If you have a 4.0 CGPA sitting in your cabinet and a struggling business, plus being the first child then maybe you'll understand my motivation.

Finally, I really don't care for your opinion of me tbh, I did this and there were no complications and I'll do it again

Ciao
don't do it again
Re: Egg Donor Chronicles: My Experience In A Nigerian Fertility Clinic (with Pics) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:12pm On Feb 20, 2018
Odingo1:

The egg contain someone DNA, if it is done rampantly where everyone will be selling egg, the children that will be in this world in the future will be marrying their sisters and brothers and this will result to new strange diseases. That is why the core northerners have various strange diseases in their midst because they marry their cousins their father brother children.

but Abraham Marry Sarah his cousin.... Stop saying thrash Pple wey no relate De marry self yet complications de... The world is moving... If someone steal ina go castigate am.... It's her legal rite to sell d eggs...pple dis tins abroad and d world has ended

1 Like

Re: Egg Donor Chronicles: My Experience In A Nigerian Fertility Clinic (with Pics) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:21pm On Feb 20, 2018
kessler53:
If I were your boyfriend this will be the end of the relationship. If you are donating for free that I will understand,but for you to go this extent because of 120 K I will suspect you can kill for money.
thank God u no be her Boy friend...u sounded bullish....

2 Likes

Re: Egg Donor Chronicles: My Experience In A Nigerian Fertility Clinic (with Pics) by aishatmusah(f): 9:23pm On Feb 20, 2018
Vickify:
13/02/18

Went for a scan at the clinic yesterday, my left ovary is not responding but the right is, this isn't rare so I'm safe, I guess I keep going online to research more on the injections I'm given and what the signify in the cycle. For starters, I skipped the first set of injections/pills which were supposed to downregulate my cycle and cause uniformity with the donor's cycle. I was given the next set instead which is for super ovulation; allowing more eggs mature in the ovaries instead of dying out. The next injection is for controlling the egg follicles by controlling the LH (Leutenizing hormone) surge that will allow the eggs to be released. This injection is given because if the eggs are released in a non controlled atmosphere then the cycle has come to naught. So in all, I've taken the first set on injection for eight days, today will be the ninth and tomorrow I have another appointment with the doctor. I started the injection that will control the eggs release yesterday. So tonight I'm taking two sets of injections, Follitrope and Cetrotide. I can't wait for the estradiol test and final trigger injection that will signal the end of this cycle.

Pictures attached:

The cetrotide injection
I m interested Oooooooh.... I think this is far better than wasting the eggs monthly.... It would even save me money for pad sef
Re: Egg Donor Chronicles: My Experience In A Nigerian Fertility Clinic (with Pics) by Odingo1: 9:24pm On Feb 20, 2018
OGHENAOGIE:
but Abraham Marry Sarah his cousin.... Stop saying thrash Pple wey no relate De marry self yet complications de... The world is moving... If someone steal ina go castigate am.... It's her legal rite to sell d eggs...pple dis tins abroad and d world has ended
Abraham did that before the establishment of the law,in the Mosaic law you don't marry your cousin,it is an abomination, all this unnatural things that is happening in the western world don't you hear about it, they are just lucky that they are advance, in Norway and Sweden many children born there are down syndrome babies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital / Sanwo-olu Commissions Face-Mask Factory In Lagos (Photos) / Lady Confronts Another Lady At A Gym Over Body Odour (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.