Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,308 members, 7,808,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia (55577 Views)

Flood Sweeps 3-Year-Old Girl Away In Idi-Araba, Lagos (Video) / Hawk Ran Down By Our Vehicle / I Saw Man Hawk Huge Python On My Way Back From Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by AreaFada2: 11:37am On Feb 21, 2018
It does happen. Big hawks can carry off mammals weighing a couple of kilograms.

1 Like

Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by OHCOMEON: 11:38am On Feb 21, 2018
No matter what the elders decide, anything short of total burning is unacceptable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by Afritop(m): 11:39am On Feb 21, 2018
They are waiting for elders to decide on the fate of the bird. If na oyinbo people it is understandable because they will conclude that the poor bird is hungry and so will let it go.
But for here in naija must we wait for the elders.
Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by drey076(m): 11:40am On Feb 21, 2018
Poor hawk
Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by enonche85(m): 11:41am On Feb 21, 2018
Rat pursue buhari from office

Snake swallow N36m from iron safe

Hawk tried to kidnap kidnap 4-day old baby...

Animals in naija are husslin sha!!!
Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by Nobody: 11:42am On Feb 21, 2018
Nairaland is now a dumping ground for false news,trying so hard to get traffic!!!Hawk would carry even a one month old baby without problem....The claws are enough to kill that 4 day old in seconds
Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:42am On Feb 21, 2018
hmm..can a hawk carry something bigger than its weight and size....this country self....only in nigeria we hear this stories oooo
Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by KKKWHITE(m): 11:45am On Feb 21, 2018
photo of the bird
Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by bejick(m): 11:47am On Feb 21, 2018
ikorodureporta:

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/02/hawk-attempts-fly-away-4-day-old-baby-abia/

it could be Eagle instead and not Hawk. Eagle sometimes try to carry a full blown adult. Babies are no march to eagles.

1 Like

Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by phranklyn92(m): 11:51am On Feb 21, 2018
yom2:
that's not a hawk but owl
how is that an owl undecided
Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by samsam2019: 11:54am On Feb 21, 2018
Africans and senseless lies grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by ahukannakate(f): 11:55am On Feb 21, 2018
Village people at work

1 Like

Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by Ceasardgreat(m): 11:57am On Feb 21, 2018
castrol180:
End time hawk

Every evil things always emanate from the ipob land and when a dog bites a child it is never a news but when a child bites a dog then it is a news

Now some flatinoes will be shouting "see what Buhari has caused ooo, he has refused to feed the hawks and the hawks economy is bad thereby making them willing to feed on yimiri"

Shows the capacity of your brain. Ode!
Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by Patrick33(m): 12:06pm On Feb 21, 2018
Nigerians and animals...na wa o...seems all our problems now are animal related..
Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by SirLakes: 12:13pm On Feb 21, 2018
blesskewe:
seconded by me
Thirded by me grin

1 Like

Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by musicwriter(m): 12:18pm On Feb 21, 2018
Xisnin:
If it was an hawk, then this story is a lie.
@Josephjnr

I was actually watching this on Youtube few days ago. Very funny but true.

Halwk almost carried a baby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb0P5t5NQWM

Carried goat off cliff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VklTs-Tid_I
Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by ebiebe: 12:24pm On Feb 21, 2018
Hmmm shocked
Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by Nobody: 12:29pm On Feb 21, 2018
All These Animals Don Dey Misbehave To We Der Oga In D Beginning Na Cow We Enta Snake Nw Na Eagle Dis Is What We Call Animal Farm
Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by Lemmejoor(m): 12:32pm On Feb 21, 2018
Hawk should be remanded at ikoyi prisons pending outcome of investigation grin
Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by Nobody: 12:38pm On Feb 21, 2018
Its difficult to believe but I believe.
Some years back my youngest brother bent down to fix a goalpost on a broad space where we play football when a hawk flew directly to him as he bent over, I screamed and shouted, he immediately stood up and the hawk flew away.
I kept wondering why a hawk could try to attack my bro, anytime I recall that incident.
Mehn, I can't tell the reason but I was truly shocked while my friends just laughed.
This was like 9 years ago. I only told my mum .
Thats why I believe this. You may choose not to believe, its your believe.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by cytell56: 12:43pm On Feb 21, 2018
ikorodureporta:

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/02/hawk-attempts-fly-away-4-day-old-baby-abia/

Ipob's and superstitions, how can a hawk carry a baby!!! Igbo kwenu!!
Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by lilyfaith(f): 12:43pm On Feb 21, 2018
castrol180:
End time hawk

Every evil things always emanate from the ipob land and when a dog bites a child it is never a news but when a child bites a dog then it is a news

Now some flatinoes will be shouting "see what Buhari has caused ooo, he has refused to feed the hawks and the hawks economy is bad thereby making them willing to feed on yimiri"

But you should be literate enough to know that a hawk is a predator bird that preys on flesh. For it to have been flying and sighted a baby and tried to carry is no news and has nothing to do with geographical locations. You seem not to have gone to school

1 Like

Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by blackfase(m): 12:46pm On Feb 21, 2018
This thing wan snack on a whole baby, you get mind o.....
Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by lilyfaith(f): 12:47pm On Feb 21, 2018
princeking2:
Its difficult to believe but I believe.
Some years back my youngest brother bent down to fix a goalpost on a broad space where we play football when a hawk flew directly to him as he bent over, I screamed and shouted, he immediately stood up and the hawk flew away.
I kept wondering why a hawk could try to attack my bro, anytime I recall that incident.
Mehn, I can't tell the reason but I was truly shocked while my friends just laughed.
This was like 9 years ago. I only told my mum .
Thats why I believe this. You may choose not to believe, its your believe.

It's predator instincts
Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by Nobody: 12:53pm On Feb 21, 2018
lilyfaith:

It's predator instincts
How please?
I was scared that very day. How could I explain that to my Mom.
Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by MrGoc(m): 1:04pm On Feb 21, 2018
Op. . . Do you mind handing over the prey bird. . ?? Its gonna make one hell of a dinner for my GSD.
Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by Gacomo: 1:08pm On Feb 21, 2018
I BLAME BUUBUU THE FOOL FOR THIS, NOT VILLAGERS. THE ANIMAL FOR 9JA SELF THEY FEEL THE HUNGER cool
Re: Hawk Attempts To Carry A 4-Day-Old Baby Away In Umuahia by Xisnin(m): 1:28pm On Feb 21, 2018
musicwriter:

@Josephjnr

I was actually watching this on Youtube few days ago. Very funny but true.

Halwk almost carried a baby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb0P5t5NQWM

Carried goat off cliff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VklTs-Tid_I

That is not an hawk, that is an eagle, hawks don't have the muscle to lift a human baby.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Black Mamba Hides In Wardrobe In South Africa (Photos) / Motir Seaspire Training Began Candidate Shortlisting Exercise Today / Toyota Camry Crashes Into Nissan In Edo As Police Chase Suspected Yahoo Boys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.