Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,853 members, 7,802,736 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress (12456 Views)

Fresh Honda Accord 2.4 EX-L 2008 car is located in Abuja !!! / 2007 LEXUS Rx350 full option For Sale In Ajah car is Just Too Clean Call DHERMY / Help! My Car Is Leaking Oil! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by greggng: 5:56pm On Feb 21, 2018
obi58:
If paint cost just 15k what else accounted for the 40k to make 55k for the materials apart from the workmanship of 40k?

Please clarify

Thanks for your question . I am attaching receipt of material alone. Transport fare and feed is not included. From the receipt you can see is a few naira to make it 50k. I took ulber while coming home cos I have two big sack or lylon that contains the material which are heavy. 5500 was for other expenses while material is approximately 50k

Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by MilesLamar(m): 6:08pm On Feb 21, 2018
greggng:

Find attachment the after picture of the car and receipt of material bought

wow like new car nice one, money well spent
Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by greggng: 6:15pm On Feb 21, 2018
obi58:
You also need to work on your headlamps.... Very dull

Sure he promised to use a chemical to wash it in his workshop along side spraying the tire and wheel. We left Ajao estate very late so he will continue tomorrow. Thanks for the observation

2 Likes

Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by greggng: 6:23pm On Feb 21, 2018
Tomorrow the painter will be washing the head light, spraying the tire and wheel. There after I will take it to car wash and wash only the underneath. May be clean the body with water only

Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by engrprosper: 8:31pm On Feb 21, 2018
Oga buy brand new head lamps and fog lamps....

6 Likes

Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by greggng: 8:39pm On Feb 21, 2018
engrprosper:
Oga buy brand new head lamps and fog lamps....

How much will that be sir? But my painter assured me he will make this look new again. Let's see how it goes tomorrow

3 Likes

Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by Kingsoul1(m): 9:01pm On Feb 21, 2018
Greg is my type of person... Going extra miles for the best... #NothingortheBest #Thebestornothing. Kudos bro.,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by greggng: 9:08pm On Feb 21, 2018
[quote author=Kingsoul1 post=65264322]Oven bake is the best.. My friend got his 2 years old 2006 Toyota Highlander baked for N150K went for all round washing and the vehicle was sold as Toks.. Till today I've not seen a car with a nice paint Job as his. Greg is my type of person... Going extra miles for the best... #NothingortheBest #Thebestornothing. Kudos bro., [/quote

God bless you]
Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by Taiwo20(m): 9:09pm On Feb 21, 2018
Are you planning to sell your car.... What's the point of this post?
Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by greggng: 9:17pm On Feb 21, 2018
Taiwo20:
Are you planning to sell your car....
What's the point of this post?

I am not selling the car. I prefer giving it out as a gift when I upgrade. Every human being deserves the best life can offer.

19 Likes

Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by chino4(m): 10:58pm On Feb 21, 2018
Location of sekking paints at ajao estate.pls
Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by greggng: 11:27pm On Feb 21, 2018
chino4:
Location of sekking paints at ajao estate.pls

Pls don't misquote me. I did not in anyway said sekkins paint is at Ajao estate. To clarify things. Sekkins paint comes from neither land. They only have a dealer in Nigeria. That dealer is at 9 st finbars college road Akoka close to unilag. On enquiry I discover that they also have their auto refinishing workshop close by. But their price is too much for me to handle. So I bought only their material and decided to hire a painter whom my nebor recommended for me. Having seen a job the painter did, I now asked him were he baked the car he showed me. He said at Ajao estate. First I paid a panel beater 12k to fix all the body work, thereafter I took it to the painters workshop . He sand papered the car and filled bad places with putty .The next thing he did was priming the car. Primer is one of the materials I bought from sekkins office at Akoka. He took a day to prime it and make necessary body corrections. By exactly 7am today we left my place at gowon estate to Ajao estate were we went along with the sekkins paint and the rest of the materials needed. At the spray booth we took our turn cos some were there before us. When it was our turn , he simply drove the car into the spray booth, used the filter sekkins gave to me and filter the paint before painting. After painting he came out and the spray booth or oven operator took over the process by turn on the temperature to hit up the car paint at a conducive temperature. Another process of cooling the car was i nnitiated by the operator. Thereafter the car was driven out and backed under another shade with sealing fans blowing the car for further cooling. That takes like 15minutes. Your car is ready to go. Any other question pls ask . Today I learnt a lot. Painters only pay 10k to bake a car. Assuming I know how to paint I would 've only paid 10k to bake my car.

6 Likes

Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by aieromon(m): 6:12am On Feb 22, 2018
OP,lovely pictures.

I hope you realise that wahtever he uses to wash/clean the headlights won't last. I suggest you prepare a budget for their replacement because they will eventually look ugly on your cleanly naked ride.

More updates please.
Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by greggng: 6:54am On Feb 22, 2018
aieromon:
OP,lovely pictures.

I hope you realise that wahtever he uses to wash/clean the headlights won't last. I suggest you prepare a budget for their replacement because they will eventually look ugly on your cleanly naked ride.

More updates please.

Thank you for the observation I will reach out for the price soon. Whatever update u need do let me know
Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by HoodBillionaire: 7:39am On Feb 22, 2018
what a bad friend
selling a naija used car as toks
i must buy from auction export
nawa o
can i imagine
Kingsoul1:
Oven bake is the best.. My friend got his 2 years old 2006 Toyota Highlander baked for N150K went for all round washing and the vehicle was sold as Toks.. Till today I've not seen a car with a nice paint Job as his. Greg is my type of person... Going extra miles for the best... #NothingortheBest #Thebestornothing. Kudos bro.,

7 Likes

Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by HoodBillionaire: 7:45am On Feb 22, 2018
bro i base for ibadan
how can we gef in touch
over here dem wan use bill kill me.
if we can hook up bro
im planning to come to lag
but i have no one
i want to buy parts from ladipo with my panel beater but no whr to stay for a day sir.
and how can one buy the materials needed.
can the car be driven to lag
and operated on thd following day...i mean painting
my only fear is not for one bastard woman
or impatient micra
or okada man to come and scratch me and be begging ejor sir.ejoo ma.
no how no how person must bash u
all d ones i saw to spray do not have spray booth
na just fence in a dusty enviroment and dey bill me 70k
Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by greggng: 8:31am On Feb 22, 2018
HoodBillionaire:
bro i base for ibadan
how can we gef in touch
over here dem wan use bill kill me.
if we can hook up bro
im planning to come to lag
but i have no one
i want to buy parts from ladipo with my panel beater but no whr to stay for a day sir.
and how can one buy the materials needed.
can the car be driven to lag
and operated on thd following day...i mean painting
my only fear is not for one bastard woman
or impatient micra
or okada man to come and scratch me and be begging ejor sir.ejoo ma.
no how no how person must bash u
all d ones i saw to spray do not have spray booth
na just fence in a dusty enviroment and dey bill me 70k

To be honest with you , you must devoid your time to achieve the best result. At gowon estate we have cheap hotels 10k per night. From there you can take off to anywhere you wanna go. Whether you like it or not you either hit someone or someone hits you. Is a Nigerian thing. That someone died in a river Does not mean people should not swim anymore. I don't know the kind of parts you wanna buy. But if is car painting material you can visit sekkins at 9 saint finbars college road Akoka lagos. You don't need to come with your panel beater or painter all you need is the number of your car paint. Is so easy to get your car colour number. There is a stamp behind your driver sit. Sometimes the date of production of that car is also found on that seal. A good painter should be able to show you that number. At sekkins just present the number , your paint will be brought out. They also have other paints in case you cannot afford sekkins. There is one of 5k very quality too. The whole process of panel beating and painting took us 8days. So is not a hurry hurry thing. Let me know if you need any help
Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by greggng: 8:34am On Feb 22, 2018
Back at the painter shop to put finishing touches to the car headlight etc

Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by cyborg123(m): 8:48am On Feb 22, 2018
greggng:
Great job sir. I admire people who go all out for quality!

Just curious here, why didn't you remove that sticker beside the V6 logo?
Also, that different front rim is reducing the beauty of your car.
Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by jerflakes(m): 9:45am On Feb 22, 2018
So they added flour, baking powder, pinch of salt, water, eggs, nutmeg and butter?

2 Likes

Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by greggng: 9:52am On Feb 22, 2018
cyborg123:

Great job sir. I admire people who go all out for quality!

Just curious here, why didn't you remove that sticker beside the V6 logo?
Also, that different front rim is reducing the beauty of your car.

You are very correct. In have changed that tire now you just read my mind. Will remove the sticker now. I don't even know who placed it. I packed somewhere and I suspect someone placed it. It doesn't add any value

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by cyborg123(m): 9:59am On Feb 22, 2018
greggng:

You are very correct. In have changed that tire now you just read my mind. Will remove the sticker now. I don't even know who placed it. I packed somewhere and I suspect someone placed it. It doesn't add any value
I think it's too late now that painting has been done unless you plan to replace it with a cool badge.
Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by greggng: 10:03am On Feb 22, 2018
cyborg123:

I think it's too late now that painting has been done unless you plan to replace it with a cool badge.

Ok thanks

1 Like

Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by HoodBillionaire: 10:13am On Feb 22, 2018
8 days times 10k equals 80k
haaa
plus crv parts 08 wey i wan buy
edakun epp me
greggng:

To be honest with you , you must devoid your time to achieve the best result. At gowon estate we have cheap hotels 10k per night. From there you can take off to anywhere you wanna go. Whether you like it or not you either hit someone or someone hits you. Is a Nigerian thing. That someone died in a river Does not mean people should not swim anymore. I don't know the kind of parts you wanna buy. But if is car painting material you can visit sekkins at 9 saint finbars college road Akoka lagos. You don't need to come with your panel beater or painter all you need is the number of your car paint. Is so easy to get your car colour number. There is a stamp behind your driver sit. Sometimes the date of production of that car is also found on that seal. A good painter should be able to show you that number. At sekkins just present the number , your paint will be brought out. They also have other paints in case you cannot afford sekkins. There is one of 5k very quality too. The whole process of panel beating and painting took us 8days. So is not a hurry hurry thing. Let me know if you need any help
Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by Trafford(m): 10:31am On Feb 22, 2018
greggng:

Nice job
Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by greggng: 10:47am On Feb 22, 2018
That tire is the spare tire and it has been changed with same alloyed wheel. Some part of the body has been taped again cos he wanna paint the black combination on the doors. The headlight removed for refurbishing . I am afraid he is gonna take some time cos their association is on a meeting now. Will be back by 12.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by cyborg123(m): 11:47am On Feb 22, 2018
kiss
Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by Nobody: 12:01pm On Feb 22, 2018
J0hnTrevolt:
OK. Following
But u spent way too much on this taxi
why calling someone treasured ride a taxi, dz rily unfair, do u urself ride a rolls Royce phantom? Live nd let others live

6 Likes

Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by greggng: 12:16pm On Feb 22, 2018
aro1:
why calling someone treasured ride a taxi, dz rily unfair, do u urself ride a rolls Royce phantom? Live nd let others live

Thank you for that observation. I didn't even bother to respond. It is what you call your child ,he or she will answer. To me this car is a machine..,,to him is a taxi....but what matters is how the owner perceive what he has. GOD BLESS EVERYONE

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by cyborg123(m): 1:02pm On Feb 22, 2018
greggng:

Thank you for that observation. I didn't even bother to respond. It is what you call your child ,he or she will answer. To me this car is a machine..,,to him is a taxi....but what matters is how the owner perceive what he has. GOD BLESS EVERYONE
Your maturity is exceptional.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by Nobody: 2:12pm On Feb 22, 2018
greggng:

amen sir

2 Likes

Re: My Car Is Being Baked Check Out The Progress by SilverHorse: 2:58pm On Feb 22, 2018
aieromon:
OP,lovely pictures.

I hope you realise that wahtever he uses to wash/clean the headlights won't last.

This guy clean the headlights permanently using aluminum polish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_yd1bbXswM

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

»»» Sold!! Neat Hyundai IX35 012 @ N1.75M Negotiable ««« / I Want To Change My Gearbox From 13 Pin To 10 Pin / »»» Sold!! 08 Upgraded To 013 Range Rover Sports @ N3.9M Negotiable «««

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.