Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert - Jobs/Vacancies (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert (192460 Views)

Plase Anyone Working At Tek-expert Contact Me ASAP / I Got An Invitation For An Interview At Tek-expert Need Help If Its Worth It / Invitation For Job Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by LifeIsGuhd(f): 11:06pm On Mar 14, 2018
kriskros3:
I have advised you guys to calm down that all will be rectified after the probation.
On resumption, it will be 3 months intensive training.
After probation, people that did extremely well will be promoted.
For once, take ur eyes off the pay and focus on the goodies to come.
If you aren't satisfy afterwards, you can move on... no one say you will work with tek experts for life.

Reason I like reading your posts...

Like everyone just calm down, lets get settled in first then we can start looking for a way to get promoted...

Simple!
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by manutd4all(m): 11:11pm On Mar 14, 2018
Has anybody received a link from Tek experts??
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by Thehustler: 1:58am On Mar 15, 2018
kriskros3:
I have advised you guys to calm down that all will be rectified after the probation.
If you aren't satisfy afterwards, you can move on... no one say you will work with tek experts for life.

Well said but what could possibly be the basis for offering different packages for same role...I'm finding it hard to understand I swear. It would have been okay if there's was room for negotiation but there wasn't anything like that or am I wrong?

If they can offer someone 220k for TSE, it means they can afford it so everyone TSE should be on same 220k na...abi am I not making sense?
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by Ohai4th: 7:32am On Mar 15, 2018
Good day pals.

From the last batch that was called for Azure Support Engineer, pls I want to know if we have received offer letters from Tek-expert. I was called almost a week today.

Thank you.
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by toro92: 7:53am On Mar 15, 2018
Ohai4th:
Good day pals.

From the last batch that was called for Azure Support Engineer, pls I want to know if we have received offer letters from Tek-expert. I was called almost a week today.

Thank you.
I guess you still have to keep the fingers crossed. Probably sorting some things out.. You have gotten the call now.. so no fears.
I haven't gotten the offer letter too.

1 Like

Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by Fr33lanc3: 7:58am On Mar 15, 2018
There's no 3 months intense training, it's 6 weeks. Which is fair enough atleast that was what Manuel the guy that interviewed me told me. From online read they just increase their pay often so remove your mind from the after probation thing except it's in the contract you're being offered.

kriskros3:
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by SureOtunba: 8:50am On Mar 15, 2018
Concerning the salary discrepancy I got this mail from Tek- experts.
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by chijen(f): 8:59am On Mar 15, 2018
Pls has any one been called for the customer service position?
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by DOWHILE: 9:08am On Mar 15, 2018
SureOtunba:
Concerning the salary discrepancy I got this mail from Tek- experts.

I understand how you feel about this but, some things are better left unrevealed. I will advise you modify your post and remove the attached as this info is strictly for your consumption alone. There are work ethics binding employees and employers, what you posted is strictly confidential. You can always quote him instead.
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by Onyi6060: 9:24am On Mar 15, 2018
@chijen, u mean for an interview?
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by chijen(f): 9:31am On Mar 15, 2018
Yes pls, for interview or test.
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by Masterfya(m): 10:19am On Mar 15, 2018
DOWHILE:

I understand how you feel about this but, some things are better left unrevealed. I will advise you modify your post and remove the attached as this info is strictly for your consumption alone. There are work ethics binding employees and employers, what you posted is strictly confidential. You can always quote him instead.
Sigh!... I really don't want to comment concerning the salary differences but you guys are behaving out of bound, please we should note that Tek Experts is not a government enterprise nor does it have a salary structure. Hence there's no any labour law that prohibit salary differences among colleagues or role of the same level with unequal skill sets level, Highest degree Certificate, IT Certificate and competency test performance. Please move on pass that salary disparity and prep yourself against what's coming for you during the training or the work period. Focus and get trained;become a hot commodity in the labour market and your bargain price will be high. Remember this is just the beginning....great things are ahead. Microsoft Inc. is ahead of Tek Experts, so also are IBM, HP, Facebook, Google etc.
My candid advice " utilise Tek Experts very very well".... hmmmm. God bless you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by tokuns(m): 10:19am On Mar 15, 2018
Thehustler:

Well said but what could possibly be the basis for offering different packages for same role...I'm finding it hard to understand I swear. It would have been okay if there's was room for negotiation but there wasn't anything like that or am I wrong?

If they can offer someone 220k for TSE, it means they can afford it so everyone TSE should be on same 220k na...abi am I not making sense?

There is something you need to understand, the role of TSE has different levels, when a customer have an issue, the first contacts are the level 1 engineers, if they can't resolve it, they escalate to level 2 engineers who have more experience and if these level 2 engineers too can't resolve the issue, they escalate to level 3 engineers who are subject matter experts. So they are all called TSE but with different levels, so tell me do you expect them all to receive the same salary?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by Thehustler: 10:45am On Mar 15, 2018
tokuns:

There is something you need to understand, the role of TSE has different levels, when a customer have an issue, the first contacts are the level 1 engineers, if they can't resolve it, they escalate to level 2 engineers who have more experience and if these level 2 engineers too can't resolve the issue, they escalate to level 3 engineers who are subject matter experts. So they are all called TSE but with different levels, so tell me do you expect them all to receive the same salary?

Nice one. If that's the case then no biggie atall it makes perfect sense to me but are u for sure that's what it is?
I guess you're one of the consultants are you?
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by manutd4all(m): 10:47am On Mar 15, 2018
You need to ask yourself.. why do I want to work for Tek expert? Is it because of the money or because of your career. I know money serves as motivation. But it's not fair for someone with little or no experience in TSE to receive same money with someone with vast experience. Education play a factor when deciding this things. Certifications also. Work on developing yourself. Some of us was by the grace of God that we got called. You know that if it was ur country men that did the interview we wouldn't have been called. Appreciate what you have

3 Likes

Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by Sleekydee(m): 10:58am On Mar 15, 2018
manutd4all:
You need to ask yourself.. why do I want to work for Tek expert? Is it because of the money or because of your career. I know money serves as motivation. But it's not fair for someone with little or no experience in TSE to receive same money with someone with vast experience. Education play a factor when deciding this things. Certifications also. Work on developing yourself. Some of us was by the grace of God that we got called. You know that if it was ur country men that did the interview we wouldn't have been called. Appreciate what you have

Evidently its for the money for most pple, am just truly excited at the opportunity. I don't have to be there forever, learn as much as I can and upgrade

3 Likes

Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by LifeIsGuhd(f): 11:01am On Mar 15, 2018
manutd4all:

Exactly @bold

1 Like

Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by tokuns(m): 11:01am On Mar 15, 2018
Thehustler:

Nice one. If that's the case then no biggie atall it makes perfect sense to me but are u for sure that's what it is?
I guess you're one of the consultants are you?

Consultants!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy, I wish I was, but am not, am just someone awaiting the offer letter, but I got this info during the interview, and if you do some digging on their website, you will find out that there are different levels of TSE.

2 Likes

Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by DOWHILE: 11:05am On Mar 15, 2018
Masterfya:

Sigh!... I really don't want to comment concerning the salary differences but you guys are behaving out of bound, please we should note that Tek Experts is not a government enterprise nor does it have a salary structure. Hence there's no any labour law that prohibit salary differences among colleagues or role of the same level with unequal skill sets level, Highest degree Certificate, IT Certificate and competency test performance. Please move on pass that salary disparity and preppe yourself against what's coming for you during the training or the work period. Focus and get trained;become a hot commodity in the labour market and your bargain price will be high. Remember this is just the beginning....great things are ahead. Microsoft Inc. is ahead of Tek Experts, so also are IBM, HP, Facebook, Google etc.
My candid advice " utilise Tek Experts very very well".... hmmmm. God bless you.

You took the words out of my mouth. This Job goes beyond just sheer remuneration package, I envisage a great potential.

2 Likes

Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by Thehustler: 11:09am On Mar 15, 2018
tokuns:

Consultants!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy, I wish I was, but am not, am just someone awaiting the offer letter, but I got this info during the interview, and if you do some digging on their website, you will find out that there are different levels of TSE.

Bravo mehn...I wish you get the offer and a much more befitting pay aswell...congrats in advance

2 Likes

Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by Thehustler: 11:21am On Mar 15, 2018
Masterfya:

Sigh!... I really don't want to comment concerning the salary differences but you guys are behaving out of bound, please we should note that Tek Experts is not a government enterprise nor does it have a salary structure. Hence there's no any labour law that prohibit salary differences among colleagues or role of the same level with unequal skill sets level, Highest degree Certificate, IT Certificate and competency test performance. Please move on pass that salary disparity and preppe yourself against what's coming for you during the training or the work period. Focus and get trained;become a hot commodity in the labour market and your bargain price will be high. Remember this is just the beginning....great things are ahead. Microsoft Inc. is ahead of Tek Experts, so also are IBM, HP, Facebook, Google etc.

Thank you for the vital information...we need infos like this. I beleive some of us wanted to know why the discrepancy and it's best we voice out to understand better instead of keeping mute and feeling bad ignorantly....I don't think it's wrong to know
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by Fr33lanc3: 11:30am On Mar 15, 2018
LifeIsGuhd:

Reason I like reading your posts...

Like everyone just calm down, lets get settled in first then we can start looking for a way to get promoted...

Simple!

What you don't know is the psychological trauma you go through knowing someone of same role and level earns more than you. That shit kills morale except if you haven't been in that shoe before. Wish all those that got the offer well and I wish u growth. To those they weren't call, move on with life, more opportunities abound for us all. To those that rejected the offer don't regret it, you probably made the best decision, something better will pull through.

Shalom

3 Likes

Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by justice2017: 11:33am On Mar 15, 2018
tokuns:

The email even though is supposed to be a confidential one explains the rationale behind the variation in salary rate offered you guys. Salary rate abroad is not small for employees doing the same job function. Pay is a function of your prior experience and what the company feels you will be bringing on board. Nigerians are just used to this entitlement mind-set, anyone who feels he/she deserves more should simply turn down the offer and continue to do what he/she is doing currently.
I expect you guys to start reading and developing skills in cloud computing instead of focusing on the salary issue. Im sure some those complaining now don't even earn up to 100k currently. What you guys need now is to start improving on your people management skills remember you wont be dealing with Nigerians, work on how to comprehend and accurately interpret issues.
Above all, be open-minded , be willing to learn and throw yourself at being the best in your team. Also remember environment like this team work is the key, success isnt when you are making your KPIs, success is when your team is achieving your KPI.
I wish you guys best of luck as you start this new journey.
See you at the top.

8 Likes

Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by tokuns(m): 11:49am On Mar 15, 2018
Thehustler:

Bravo mehn...I wish you get the offer and a much more befitting pay aswell...congrats in advance

Ameen and I wish you the same too. Thanks alot. wink wink

1 Like

Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by Thehustler: 12:00pm On Mar 15, 2018
justice2017:

The email even though is supposed to be a confidential one explains the rationale behind the variation in salary rate offered you guys. Salary rate abroad is not small for employees doing the same job function. Pay is a function of your prior experience and what the company feels you will be bringing on board. Nigerians are just used to this entitlement mind-set, anyone who feels he/she deserves more should simply turn down the offer and continue to do what he/she is doing currently.
I expect you guys to start reading and developing skills in cloud computing instead of focusing on the salary issue. Im sure some those complaining now don't even earn up to 100k currently. What you guys need now is to start improving on your people management skills remember you wont be dealing with Nigerians, work on how to comprehend and accurately interpret issues.
Above all, be open-minded , be willing to learn and throw yourself at being the best in your team. Also remember environment like this team work is the key, success isnt when you are making your KPIs, success is when your team is achieving your KPI.
I wish you guys best of luck as you start this new journey.
See you at the top.

I don't think anyone is complaining the pay is small or not...we are simply wanting to know why the different packages offered and I'm glad some guys are enlightening us with vital information which perfectly makes sense to me and thank you for the advice tho.

1 Like

Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by LifeIsGuhd(f): 12:39pm On Mar 15, 2018
Fr33lanc3:

What you don't know is the psychological trauma you go through knowing someone of same role and level earns more than you. That shit kills morale except if you haven't been in that shoe before. Wish all those that got the offer well and I wish u growth. To those they weren't call, move on with life, more opportunities abound for us all. To those that rejected the offer don't regret it, you probably made the best decision, something better will pull through.

Shalom

Funny enough, this is exactly what I am going through right now @bold...
The rationale behind salary variation was explained in that mail... what else do you want?

They organised an assessment and interview to ascertain each applicant's strength and hence the salary...
We Nigerians are used to complaining about every single thing... if the offer doesnt sit well with you, reject it and move on.

Don't accept the offer and then come here and start crying.

3 Likes

Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by Onyi6060: 12:48pm On Mar 15, 2018
@chijen, ve not gotten any invite... Don't know about others
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by mendoakala(m): 5:17am On Mar 16, 2018
I now understand why some people decide not to disclose their salary on here if you are not satisfied with the offer why don't you turn it down instead of complaining......chikena

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by igwemesh(m): 5:38am On Mar 16, 2018
hello all..

I was called by Tek expert(jobberman) about 2weeks ago to discuss an offer..and what i was told just came to me as a surprise..
i am very sure Jobberman has a thing in the recruitment cos i dnt want to believe those guyz came to Naija just to enslave us in our own country..
So because that know Naija for man power doesnt mean you have to come here and use us like a slave ..

the guy started by saying i have been offered a job role."billing and blablabla" , that i will be working from 7am-10pm monday to sunday..that i have a 10days annual leave , 3days sick leave and anoda 3days leave ..that i will be paid 13th month ..all i said was ok..he said resumption is April 9 or so..and finally said they are offering me 100k salary..
with my age , marital status and Experience..lmao��� i am single dou
i laughed hard because i saw that as a slap on my face. and this country cos what i earn now is far far far above that..infact the salary i told them at the interview was even far far more than that..

. i took my time to research Tek expert ..and found out that the lowest salary they earn in d US is 20000$ (glassdor) which is 7300000 per annum in naija currency..i even asked the Costarican guy that interviewed me that what hour do they work..he said he works for 8am -3pm monday to friday and atyms 3hrs on saturday..

When we are not robot..why will they want a human being to work 7-10pm monday to sunday..pure wickedness..

The guy that called was even rude..cos i told him you dont call someone on a phone to discuss an offer ..that he should do me an official mail and let me think about the offer ..next think he said was i dnt havr time for all those that i should say yes or no to yhe offer..
which i Gladly, Gbadunly, Enjoymently, Happily, Beautifuly, And diligently declined..

13 Likes

Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by DOWHILE: 8:47am On Mar 16, 2018
igwemesh:
hello all..

I was called by Tek expert(jobberman) about 2weeks ago to discuss an offer..and what i was told just came to me as a surprise..
i am very sure Jobberman has a thing in the recruitment cos i dnt want to believe those guyz came to Naija just to enslave us in our own country..
So because that know Naija for man power doesnt mean you have to come here and use us like a slave ..

the guy started by saying i have been offered a job role."billing and blablabla" , that i will be working from 7am-10pm monday to sunday..that i have a 10days annual leave , 3days sick leave and anoda 3days leave ..that i will be paid 13th month ..all i said was ok..he said resumption is April 9 or so..and finally said they are offering me 100k salary..
with my age , marital status and Experience..lmao��� i am single dou
i laughed hard because i saw that as a slap on my face. and this country cos what i earn now is far far far above that..infact the salary i told them at the interview was even far far more than that..

. i took my time to research Tek expert ..and found out that the lowest salary they earn in d US is 20000$ (glassdor) which is 7300000 per annum in naija currency..i even asked the Costarican guy that interviewed me that what hour do they work..he said he works for 8am -3pm monday to friday and atyms 3hrs on saturday..

When we are not robot..why will they want a human being to work 7-10pm monday to sunday..pure wickedness..

The guy that called was even rude..cos i told him you dont call someone on a phone to discuss an offer ..that he should do me an official mail and let me think about the offer ..next think he said was i dnt havr time for all those that i should say yes or no to yhe offer..
which i Gladly, Gbadunly, Enjoymently, Happily, Beautifuly, And diligently declined..

As much as I don't like the bargaining process, I cannot help but think that Jobberman Interfered with the whole thing. I want to believe that you declined that offer based on the fact that the salary you're currently earning "is far far far" more than what they offered. However, someone with low previous/current salary, having thought of the benefits would have jumped at the offer. I implore other guys to think about it before declining.

I still don't understand why a topnotch company like this would allow a foreigner make their own bargain for them. I agree with the fact that the guy was rude also cos he did not give room for much opinions on the side of the applicants.

Forget about what someone uploaded here from Tek expert as an excuse for variation in remuneration packages. I know a number of applicants who have more years of experience and scored well in their assessments but were still offered less compared to their peers.

Note: the role is subject to shift. You don't need to work from 7am-10pm(Even robots would complain), it's 9 hours per day( 1 hour break inclusive)and you have 2 days off within the week.

The bottom line is this; If what you are currently/previously earning is far more than what they offered and you still think you may reconsider afterwards because it's impromptu, then tell the man to do you a mail(a few days grace to accept or reject in the offer letter might do wonder) then you can improvise.

If you are not okay with the offer, please don't accept and don't discourage others who are just looking for an avenue like this to explore in their careers......Think twice, weigh your options before accepting/rejecting the offer. my one cent

Best of luck to everyone.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by LifeIsGuhd(f): 9:42am On Mar 16, 2018
DOWHILE:

As much as I don't like the bargaining process, I cannot help but think that Jobberman Interfered with the whole thing. I want to believe that you declined that offer based on the fact that the salary you're currently earning "is far far far" more than what they offered. However, someone with low previous/current salary, having thought of the benefits would have jumped at the offer. I implore other guys to think about it before declining.

I still don't understand why a topnotch company like this would allow a foreigner make their own bargain for them. I agree with the fact that the guy was rude also cos he did not give room for much opinions on the side of the applicants.

Forget about what someone uploaded here from Tek expert as an excuse for variation in remuneration packages. I know a number of applicants who have more years of experience and scored well in their assessments but were still offered less compared to their peers.

Note: the role is subject to shift. You don't need to work from 7am-10pm(Even robots would complain), it's 9 hours per day( 1 hour break inclusive)and you have 2 days off within the week.

The bottom line is this; If what you are currently/previously earning is far more than what they offered and you still think you may reconsider afterwards because it's impromptu, then tell the man to do you a mail(a few days grace to accept or reject in the offer letter might do wonder) then you can improvise.

If you are not okay with the offer, please don't accept and don't discourage others who are just looking for an avenue like this to explore in their careers......Think twice, weigh your options before accepting/rejecting the offer. my one cent

Best of luck to everyone.

You have said it all!
Welldone sir!
Re: Invitation For Interview At Tek Expert by ght95: 9:42am On Mar 16, 2018
honestly mehn the salary structure was just disappointing. All those here saying after probation it will get better and all you guys should read the reviews on glass door. Literally everyone was complaining about the salary. Even if jobberman came into play it's a multi national company and should have standards as such. Me I was offered 80k for billing of which tax and others will still be deducted.. I happily turned it now. people should not just settle for less out of desperation. In the long run they would just over work u and out of frustration u might even want to quit. 80k for such demanding hours smh

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (56) (Reply)

Diamond Bank Is Recruiting For Graduate Trainees 2017 / Nigerian Army Shortlist Names Of Successful Candidates For SSC And DSSC 2010 / Nigeria Security And Civil Defence Corps(nscdc) 2015/2016 Recruitment.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.