Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

Glitz And Glamour-a Celebrity Story. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Glitz And Glamour-a Celebrity Story. (734 Views)

Glitz And Glamour From “sakadelli 2: Give Me A Break” Launch / Behind The Glamour / Glitz And Glamour-a Celebrity Story. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Glitz And Glamour-a Celebrity Story. by duch12(m): 1:46pm On Feb 21, 2018
All right reserved. No part of this story may be published in any format without the permission of the author.
Disclaimer: The story contains strong language, sex scenes which include same-sex relations. Abeg all character are products of my imagination, any resemblance to persons either dead or alive is coincidental. There are plenty grammatical error abeg, read and correct me where necessary; I am still a learner in this art. The update will be three times a week(randomly).

Glitz and Glamours is a story of six Nigeria celebrities: A sadist blogger, a model in dilemma, a singer trying to redeem himself, a TV personality facing domestic violence, a gay actor and an actress who will do anything to be at the top. Here is the first episode.

Episode One

Mrs Faith stood by the door smiling as her ten-year-old son, James plays the instrument. God is truly wonderful, he had given her the fruit of the womb at the time she needed it most. Five years of marriage without a single miscarriage was hell for her. There was pressure from her husband’s relatives, especially her mother-in-law who hates her right from day one. James came at the right time and God has blessed with a melodious voice that could melt even a rock when he sings. He had joined the children’s choir group at the church where his father served as a pastor. He had become a sensation and was loved by everyone.
The door swung open and Mr Gabriel walked in with a briefcase on his right hand. He frowned immediately he perceived the smell of burning food. He dropped the briefcase on the sofa and stomped to the kitchen to check on his wife, she wasn’t there; he became furious. He turned in the direction of the room and heard the sound of the guitar and James’s voice coming from his room. He made a turned towards James’s room angrily.
She turned sharply when she heard footsteps approaching. Her eyes bulged and her mouth dropped when she saw her husband approaching. She remembered the food on fire, she stood frozen, the food was burning. She knew hell will be unleashed that evening.
“I am sorry sir,” she said joining her hands together in a plea.
“What sort of woman are you Faith?” He asked yelling. James stopped singing immediately he heard his father’s voice. “You’re too careless for my liking,” he said and hissed loudly.
“I said I am sorry already, it was a mistake,” she said with pain in her voice.
“Will sorry solve the problem? You have burnt all the food in the house.”
“I was listening to James sing,” she said, trying to prove a point.
“And you totally forgot you put something on fire? What if the house has caught fire? What will you do?” He shouted.
“I am sorry I made a mistake, that won’t happen again I promise you,” she said, tears blurring her sight.
“It won’t because I am getting rid of those stupid instruments you waste your hard earned money to buy. You won’t let the boy concentrate in his studies, I have had enough already,” he said, pushing her away and walked into James’s room.
“You can’t do that Gabriel,” she said following him inside. “Let the boy explore his God-given talent.”
He didn’t say a word in reply, he collected the guitar from James and hit it hard on the wall, it shattered into shreds immediately. Mrs Faith gasped with bulging eyes. He made for the keyboard beside the bed and she quickly ran and blocked him. He eyed her before pushing her away; she fell on the floor with a thud and grunt. James stood from the chair he was and walked to the door, there was sadness written all over his face. Mr Gabriel took the keyboard and threw it on the floor. She jerked up angrily and charged towards him. She jumped on his back and grabbed his ear with her teeth, biting it hard. He let out a painful moan as he struggles to get her off his back. She spat out blood and his mutilated ear on the floor as he flung her away to the floor. He put his hand over the wound as blood oozed out, growing. She stood in the centre of the room panting. He stared at her for a while then roared towards her like a mad dog; he knocked her down. He sat atop her and began raining down blows on her face. Within seconds, he had disfigured her face and painted it with blood. James stood confused, looking at his parent fighting. He had witnessed the fight on several occasions but it was never brutal as this. He ran to the kitchen and took a knife from the drainer then returned to the room. His father was still pounding on his mother. His eyes met his mother’s and she shook her head when she saw the knife in his hand. He strode towards them and stood inches away, raised the knife and stabbed his father in the neck. His father turned around angrily, holding his neck. Like a strike of lightning, he slashed his father across the face. He continued splashing his father until he fell on the floor numb. He plodded to where he was and stabbed him with all might in the heart.
“What have you done James?” His mother managed to say as she sat up. Her eyes were swollen; her nose and mouth were oozing blood. “Come here,” she said softly, gesturing to him.
He walked like a zombie to her and stood beside her, eyes on the floor. His mother drew him closer to her and hugged him tightly. Hot tears dripped down his cheeks as his mother burst into a heart-piercing cry. Her tears, mixed with blood dropped on his shoulder. He turned and glanced to at his father’s body lying on the floor.
“I am sorry mummy,” he said regretfully.
She released him from her embrace and wiped the tears from his eyes with her index finger. “I want you to go away, far away from here. Don’t ever come back,” she said faking a smile then sniffled.
“I won’t go, I can’t go away without you,” he said with a teary voice.
“Go!” She shouted, shaking him.
He nodded as she pushed him away towards the door. He moved back towards the door and saw the brown baby-sized teddy bear on the floor. He dashed out of the house into the street, clenching tightly to the teddy bear, weeping. His eyes were covered with tears that he didn’t notice he had reached the roadside. The screeching of wheels and smell of burning tires filled the air. The car hit him, despite the attempt by the driver to prevent that from happening. He landed on the ground beside a tree unconscious with the teddy bear still clenched to his hands. The driver, an elderly man came out of the car, rushed and carried him into the car then drove away.
Re: Glitz And Glamour-a Celebrity Story. by duch12(m): 1:55pm On Feb 21, 2018
Please, Divepen1 I need this thread to be deleted. I mistakenly opened two similar topics. Thank you

(1) (Reply)

The Love Virus / Forum For Writers / Yazim By Amah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.