Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,781 members, 7,802,418 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? (13594 Views)

Buhari Doesn't Have To Debate, His Achievements For 3.5 Years Will Talk - APC / I Have Forgiven You, But You Have To Mend Your International Image~Obj To Atiku / Northerners, What Is The Plan Of The North For Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by remedick: 2:59pm On Feb 22, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by BMedia: 3:05pm On Feb 22, 2018
remedick:
Source: http://time.com/5142773/nigerian-bobsled-team-opening-ceremony-winter-olympics-2018/

NO NORTHERNER... BUT ALL SOUTHERNER

wat of middle belt? Are dey northner or south?

Are dey part of d achievements?
Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by remedick: 3:07pm On Feb 22, 2018
Chigboboss:

Ok but the mods must ban the afonja poster rule 2 or I....

#justice
They are not happy about what I am doing, killing 2 beds with one stone... so they try to cause a fight between Yorubas and Igbos as usual,so that they can scatter the thread. You must not give them that chance. For once, let their antics be exposed. They gain a lot from the disunity of the south and it is so sad that South do not know this...

They have associations in the North, consistently holding meetings but the South has none. They have ACF and other ones which unifies them, but the South has none for political purpose.

5 Likes

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by remedick: 3:09pm On Feb 22, 2018
BMedia:

bros, I will ignore you, Trust me, I am very much in control of my adrenaline. You can play that game with some others but not me.
Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by Chigboboss: 3:13pm On Feb 22, 2018
remedick:
They are not happy about what I am doing, killing 2 beds with one stone... so they try to cause a fight between Yorubas and Igbos as usual,so that they can scatter the thread. You must not give them that chance. For once, let their antics be exposed. They gain a lot from the disunity of the south and it is so sad that South do not know this...

They have associations in the North, consistently holding meetings but the South has none. They have ACF and other ones which unifies them, but the South has none for political purpose.

undecided
Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by remedick: 3:21pm On Feb 22, 2018
Chigboboss:

undecided
just chill.
Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by kernel504(m): 3:24pm On Feb 22, 2018
QuotaSystem:

That would be feeding the troll.

Since the legislation making Yoruba a lingua franca in Lagos and requirement for entry into state owned schools which effectively destroyed and ended the "no man's land" debate, the ipob trolls have resorted to opening unnecessary threads with sinister motives as rightly observed by another poster here. Feeding the OP with the dozens of northern achievers (which he will never acknowledge by the way) will simply perpetuate the nuisance. Perhaps Ambode should consider lifting the new law so that they can return to their pastime.

Since you're the only educated one amongst the Amarjiris, is okay.
North is best known for these.

Boko Hagan
Fulani Herdsmen
Poverty
Illiteracy
Hunger
Insurgency
High mortality rate
Diseases

5 Likes

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by Rawani: 3:26pm On Feb 22, 2018
BMedia:

Good question.

OP I've noticed you have been dodging this question.

Cc: remedicks

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by QuotaSystem: 3:29pm On Feb 22, 2018
kernel504:

Boko Hagan
Fulani Herdsmen
Poverty
Illiteracy
Hunger
Insurgency
High mortality rate
Diseases

Ignored

2 Likes

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by kernel504(m): 3:29pm On Feb 22, 2018
kayfra:

Philip Emeagwali is a fraud, otherwise good list.

Shame that the north have a significant dearth of achievements. Islamic schools kills the brain cells.

Brother ignorance kills.
Show the world today one international news line that labelled Phillip Emegwalim as Fraud. His achievement has nothing to do with him Doctorate degree or Master, he simply had a misunderstanding with the university where he did his masters and filed a suit against them, but didn't win, how does it amount to fraud?
Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by uckennety(m): 3:31pm On Feb 22, 2018
QuotaSystem:

A lot of you just throw the word "monopoly" around without properly understanding what it entails.

Every businessman operating in a capitalist economy aspires to gain as much market share as possible so as to maximize returns, in order to do this, he deploys various strategies all derived from his business environment. One of the tools used is a PESTEL analysis which analyses the political, economic, social, technological, environmental and legal environments to see where one can gain competitive advantages which they can use to achieve his objective of maximizing market share.

A monopoly would arise from the effective deployment of such strategies developed, in a market where other players are unable to compete due to the lack or insufficiency of the identified advantage - for example - Dangote aligns with practically any government in power so that he gains competitive advantages in the political environment, which come in the form of favorable policies, waivers, concessions etc. which enable him to dominate the industry/market to the point that other players are relegated or forced out. This is not in anyway wrong in the world of business, it is capitalism at its finest and it is the same across the world. Microsoft were so savage in this sense that anti-trust laws had to be enacted to protect other software companies. If you think Dangote's advantages are due to his ethnicity and not sheer brilliance and tact, how come he is replicating his success in several other African countries with various governments?

Therefore neither Dangote nor the government is doing anything wrong because what they have is a mutually beneficial strategic relationship. Dangote is simply a brilliant businessman that consistently outplays his competition.

Stop this rubbish

Brilliant ko brilliant ni

When ibeto and other igbo businessmen were stopped from production of cement
And when Dangote the sole importer of sugar and other necessary stuff

Well i know Dangote type of business can't be done in a civilized society like UK and US
And i know you won't type this shìt if not for ethnic bigotry

Try and be truthful

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by BMedia: 3:36pm On Feb 22, 2018
kernel504:

Brother ignorance kills.
Show the world today one international news line that labelled Phillip Emegwalim as Fraud. His achievement has nothing to do with him Doctorate degree or Master, he simply had a misunderstanding with the university where he did his masters and filed a suit against them, but didn't win, how does it amount to fraud?

He's a BIG fraud. What cause d misunderstanding

That's how Cownu 419 all of una take off

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by BMedia: 3:37pm On Feb 22, 2018
kernel504:

Brother ignorance kills.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by kernel504(m): 3:37pm On Feb 22, 2018
QuotaSystem:

Ignored

I'm sorry to announce to you that a single state in the South has more human resources than tge entire North.

You produce food, yet, hungry thrives and resides in the North.
You've held power more, yet produce mediocres and poverty.

Boko Hagan
Fulani Herdsmen
Poverty
Illiteracy
Hunger
Insurgency
High mortality rate
Diseases

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by kernel504(m): 3:39pm On Feb 22, 2018
BMedia:

How is used thrashed Tinubu, Hope he's doing well as Afonja the second?

Sorry if I may ask, was it El-rufai abi Bubu that raped him politically?
An assumed political professor played by illiterate Amarjiri politician with NEPA certificate, is called.......................(10 marks).
Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by Chigboboss: 4:03pm On Feb 22, 2018
kernel504:

How is used thrashed Tinubu, Hope he's doing well as Afonja the second?

Sorry if I may ask, was it El-rufai abi Bubu that raped him politically?
An assumed political professor played by illiterate Amarjiri politician with NEPA certificate, is called.......................(10 marks).

Lol, thats why I have vowed to vote Buhari so that we can continue to enjoy the CHAINge that their Afonja suffersticated master gave us grin

I have my PVC, Buhari till 2023 cool

1 Like

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by fabre4: 4:05pm On Feb 22, 2018
QuotaSystem:

A lot of you just throw the word "monopoly" around without properly understanding what it entails.

Every businessman operating in a capitalist economy aspires to gain as much market share as possible so as to maximize returns, in order to do this, he deploys various strategies all derived from his business environment. One of the tools used is a PESTEL analysis which analyses the political, economic, social, technological, environmental and legal environments to see where one can gain competitive advantages which they can use to achieve his objective of maximizing market share.

A monopoly would arise from the effective deployment of such strategies developed, in a market where other players are unable to compete due to the lack or insufficiency of the identified advantage - for example - Dangote aligns with practically any government in power so that he gains competitive advantages in the political environment, which come in the form of favorable policies, waivers, concessions etc. which enable him to dominate the industry/market to the point that other players are relegated or forced out. This is not in anyway wrong in the world of business, it is capitalism at its finest and it is the same across the world. Microsoft were so savage in this sense that anti-trust laws had to be enacted to protect other software companies. If you think Dangote's advantages are due to his ethnicity and not sheer brilliance and tact, how come he is replicating his success in several other African countries with various governments?

Therefore neither Dangote nor the government is doing anything wrong because what they have is a mutually beneficial strategic relationship. Dangote is simply a brilliant businessman that consistently outplays his competition.

interesting...

this isn't my argument, my argument is that he is a poison to Nigerians forcing out opposition with the help of government which is supposed to protect the citizens and increasing the price of goods isn't exactly what a gift would look like dont you think?

http://www.nigerianmuse.com/spotlight/?u=CEMENT_FORUM_Monopolistic_Operation_in_the_Cement_Industry_is_Bad_for_Nigeria_Statement_by_Ibeto_Cement_Company_June_2007_.htm

http://247ureports.com/buharis-men-to-shut-ibeto-cement-halts-shipment-of-cement-for-unknown-reason/

if Nigeria really practices capitalism then government should stop interfering in private businesses

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by remedick: 4:06pm On Feb 22, 2018
Rawani:

Good question.

OP I've noticed you have been dodging this question.

Cc: remedicks
they are free to answer if they consider themselves Northerners... Cos I have read places where a few said that they are not.

At least, 20 slots is still no filled yet since the thread was created.
Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by kernel504(m): 4:06pm On Feb 22, 2018
Chigboboss:

Lol, thats why I have vowed to vote Buhari so that we can continue to enjoy the CHAINge that their Afonja suffersticated master gave us grin

I'm too busy, if not, I want to vote Buhari to continue to roast these Sai Baba idiots.
Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by BMedia: 4:12pm On Feb 22, 2018
Chigboboss:

Taarh! It becuase since 1960 igbo have been fulani ass lickas

Is dat not wat una igbo leaders say yesterday? That igbo will vote Buhari if he context?

obey your fulani worshipping elders and vote Bubu, stop blaming Tinubu

https://www.nairaland.com/4359186/support-buhari-he-contests-2019

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by TheKingIsHere: 4:47pm On Feb 22, 2018
remedick:

I am a southerner and our achievements is in thousands... I am giving the northerners 20 slots... I am not talking about local achievements. I am talking about international space that make other countries know that there are people in Nigeria too.

The South can't continue to be doing work while some others claim leadership...

You are very right

2 Likes

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by TheKingIsHere: 5:03pm On Feb 22, 2018
remedick:
Good bro. See how hard they are trying to scatter the thread that has expose them. You can see they enjoy seeing the Igbos and Yorubas fight because it allows them space to undermine the South's growth.

Avoid any e-war no matter strategy deployed... It will not work.
They enjoy the fight between the two tribes which covers their ineptitude as a region.

5 Likes

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by TheKingIsHere: 5:12pm On Feb 22, 2018
So at the end of the whole saga, the North can't provide atleast 20?

Na wa

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by remedick: 5:14pm On Feb 22, 2018
TheKingIsHere:
So at the end of the whole saga, the North can't provide atleast 20?

Na wa
grin grin grin ordinary 20! Imagine if I had increased it to 100.... It will take 1000 years to list them...
Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by Desyner: 6:04pm On Feb 22, 2018
Metallurgist:
soon the will be asking what do northerners have for supper, shame
Plastic kettle water.
Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by furrr(m): 7:55pm On Feb 22, 2018
Ibrahim Khalil Umar is a Nigerian scientistand university administrator. He was Vice-Chancellor of Bayero University, Kano, Nigeria from 1979 to 1986.[1] He holds a B. Sc. in physics and mathematics from Ahmadu Bello University in Zaria, Nigeria, a M. Sc. in physics from Northern Illinois University, USA and a Ph. D. (1974) in physics at the University of East Anglia, United Kingdom.[2] In 1976 he became the first Nigerian academic in physics to teach at Bayero University. In 1978 he served on the national constitutional assembly that drafted the Constitution of the 2nd Republic.

Between 1994 and 1997, Umar served as Sole Administrator of the Federal University of Technology, Minna.

He represented Nigeria at the Executive Assembly of the World Energy Council from 1990. He was a member of the Nigerian delegation to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) General Conference from 1989 and was appointed Director-General of the Energy Commission of Nigeria in 1989. He served as Chairman of the Board of Governorsof the IAEA for 2000-2001.[2] In 2004 he was the Director of the Centre for Energy Research and Training, where the first Nigerian research nuclear reactor is located.[3]

In 2007, he was on the international advisory committee for the international workshop on Renewable Energy for Sustainable Development in Africa, held at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Nigeria.[4]
Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by furrr(m): 7:59pm On Feb 22, 2018
Audu Maikori (born 13 August 1975, Kaduna) is a Nigerian lawyer, entrepreneur, social activist, public speaker and creative industry professional. He is the founder and president of the Chocolate City Entertainment.[1][2] He is best known as a judge of Nigerian Idol's first season. He won multiple awards during his career, including the International Young Music Entrepreneur of the Year award in 2007.[3]
Awards & accoladesEditInternational Young Music Entrepreneur of the Year 2007 (Nigeria)International Young Music Entrepreneur of the Year 2007 (Global Winner)Entertainment Executive of the year 2011 by the Nigerian Entertainment Award (NEA)Award for outstanding award in Music and Entertainment by the National Youth Merit Awards 2011Young Entrepreneur of the Year (2011) – Diaspora Professionals Award 2011Mentor of the Year – 2010- Enterprise Foundation)Creative Entrepreneur of the Year for Music – 2011- CIANWinner – African Awards for Entrepreneurship 2011Entertainment Executive of the Year – 2012- Nigerian Reunion CorporationSME Leader Award- 2014 by Fidelity BankNational Youth Merit Award in Entertainment – NYMA 2012Award for Excellence – Nigerian Law School Class of 2013Award for Leadership in Governance – Junior Chambers International (JCI) -2013Enterprise Award for Entertainment - Southern Kaduna Peoples Union(SOKAPU) 2015City People Magazine Special Recognition for outstanding contribution to the Nigerian music industry (2011, 2015 and 2016)

In 2008, at the inaugural edition of the United Kingdom Young Music Entrepreneur, Maikori was nominated to serve as a judge alongside four other British music industry judges, making him the first black judge for a major British Music industry competition.

On 29 June 2007, he won the International Young Music Entrepreneur of the Year(IYMEY) for his work with Chocolate City beating off international competition from Egypt, India, Indonesia, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Philippines, Poland and Tanzania.

He received special judges commendation as well as $15,000 Dollars in prize money.

In December 2011, Chocolate City Group, under Audu’s leadership, was named winner at the prestigious Africa Awards for Entrepreneurship in Nairobi, Kenya. Chocolate City was selected from over 3,300 applicants from 48 African countries to win prize of $50,000.

In November 2014, he was inducted as a Fellow of the Nigerian Leadership Institute(NLI) in November at the NLI-YALELeadership Conference which held at the campus in New Haven.

FellowshipsEditFellow – Nigerian Leadership Institute (NLI)Life Fellow – Guild of Artistes and Poets(GAP)Honorary Fellow – Institute of Chartered Portfolio Management NigeriaMentorshipEdit

His passion for youth development and enterprise has also led to his involvement with several international projects such as serving as judge on 3 editions of British Council Young Creative Enterprise series in Nigeria, and also as a judge on the inaugural edition of the United Kingdom Young Creative Enterprise Series (UKYME) in London as the only non – British judge on the panel in 2008/2009. Audu has also served as a judge on the board of the Etisalat Prize for Innovation which is aimed at encourage innovation using technology in 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015. He also served as one of the judges alongside Aliko Dangote, Hakeem Belo-Osagie and Ngozi Edozien for the inaugural SheLeadsAfrica competition in 2014.

In 2015 Audu was selected to served as Judge on Microsoft’s Passion To Empire competition where 5 outstanding entrepreneurs were selected to receive a cash prize, training from the Lagos Business School as well as mentorship from the other judges which include Tara Durotoye, and Opeyemi Awo.
Re: Northerners, What Are Your International Achievements For Nigeria? by furrr(m): 8:00pm On Feb 22, 2018
Abdul Buhari (born 26 June 1982) is a British athlete who competes in the discus throw. He was born in Nigeria.
Buhari is a member of the Newham and Essex Beagles club and is coached by Mark Wiseman.[1] He works two days a week in the City of London, in operations support for investment bank Credit Suisse and spends the rest of the week training in Loughborough.[2]

Buhari missed the 2010 Commonwealth Games due to injury.[3] In 2011 he set a new personal best distance of 65.44 metres (214.7 ft). He won the UK Trials and Championships with a throw of 63.32 metres (207.7 ft), qualifying for the 2011 World Championships, held in Daegu, South Korea in the process.[4] At the Championships he had a best throw of 60.21 metres (197.5 ft) in the qualifying round, finishing 30th out of the competing athletes and failing to advance to the final.[5]

Buhari represented Great Britain and Northern Ireland at the 2012 European Athletics Championships in Helsinki, Finland, but failed to reach the discus final.[6] At the 2012 GB Olympic Athletics Trials on 24 June in Birmingham, Buhari finished third with a best throw of 60.93 metres (199.9 ft); Lawrence Okoye won the event with a throw of 63.43 metres (208.1 ft), securing automatic selection for the 2012 Olympics, and Brett Morse finished second with a best of 62.27 metres (204.3 ft).[7] In July 2012 he achieved the Olympic 'A' qualifying standard with a throw of 65.24 metres (214.0 ft) at a meeting in Barnet, London.[8]

Buhari was selected to compete for Great Britain at the 2012 Summer Olympics in the men's discus alongside compatriots Lawrence Okoye and Brett Morse.[9] The event was held at the Olympic Stadium on 6–7 August and Buhari finished in 29th, missing out on the final.[10][11]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigeria ‘probes AU Seat Loss’, Suspects Sabotage By Own Officials / Bode George Set To Join APC – Ajomale / "What Nigeria Must Do To Stop Libya Migration" – Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.