Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,769 members, 7,798,565 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! (101072 Views)

How Young Nigerians Are Investing To Leave The Country / Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Aphrodite007(f): 10:12pm On Feb 28, 2018
erico2k2:

Kia Poor MAN . Anyway good luck 2 you U lot .
PS I dnt drink tea in the Summer.
Nah ofcos we aint in same IQ league, Reasons I got employed U did not.
Don't you worry, when Ur kids tell U to ZIP it, I'm quite sure you wont be saying this.
You are unrepentantly Insane, you keep telling people about the Ills of studying and working in the Uk but YOU on the Other hand is in the Middle of applying for VISA to come live and WORK in the Uk(Surprise Surprise U are boasting about your qualification you got from the Uk which apparently is not Value for MONEY), Ironically.
You are bringing the African Mentality of Men into this argument, I laugh ahaha you never reach here seff you dey show yourself already? wetin U want the women who have been here 10 years plus talk,ahah, OK Rain fall E nor full drum na snow

Smh I lived there for a year and half and know that British summers are still cold; you sure you’re in the UK? Maybe down south (which is warmer, so I’ll let this slide).

My dear, respect is earned, did you beat any white teen that told you to zip it? Sure you didn’t, so don’t you even dare oppress me! This is why I didn’t end up with a Nigerian man, most of you guys are so animalistic and disrespectful of women!

I got married to a man that I’m crazy about, how many people can boast of that in the UK? I actually married Cos I found the most amazing man ever! And I got a visa to live with my baby, whether it’s in Iceland or Antarctica doesn’t matter to me. Besides I made all I gained clear on this thread. So I’m supporting this thread Cos it’s a good course, unless you prefer to have scam marriages involving Nigerians trying to settle in the Uk.

Yes my degree can get me to live in any place in world because I’m good, sorry, GOOD! Even with a degree from Ghana I would find my way around the world bruv, so don’t over hype the UK degree- It all boils down to intelligence, personality and ambitions, which is what I’m boasting off, not my masters degree.

Oh and yes I never reach the UK- I doubt I’ll be there for up to 5 years cos the place dey somehow, so unlike you, it’s not an achievement ok. Relax! One day you’ll get to travel the world too, and your eyes will open. Maybe cos I’m fighting for the cause of the struggling people in Nigeria that you think I’m probably struggling grin, no bruv, I’m just more sensitive to people’s pains.

P.S: I’m actually crazy, but he understands. cheesy

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by erico2k2(m): 10:31pm On Feb 28, 2018
Aphrodite007:

Smh I lived there for a year and half and know that British summers are still cold; you sure you’re in the UK? Maybe down south (which is warmer, so I’ll let this slide).

My dear, respect is earned, did you beat any white teen that told you to zip it? Sure you didn’t, so don’t you even dare to oppress me! This is why I didn’t end up with a Nigerian man, most of you guys are so animalistic and disrespectful of women!

I got married to a man that I’m crazy about, how many people can boast of that in the UK? I actually married Cos I found the most amazing man ever! Besides I made all I gained clear in this thread, however, how many people are lucky like me? So I’m supporting this thread Cos it’s a good course, unless you prefer to have scam marriages involving Nigerians trying to settle in the Uk.

Yes my degree can get me to live in any place in world because I’m good, sorry, GOOD! Even with a degree from Ghana I would find my way around the world bruv, so don’t over hype the UK degree- It all boils down to personality and ambitions.

Oh and yes I never reach the UK- I doubt I’ll be there for long Cos the place dey somehow, so unlike you, it’s not an achievement ok. Relax! One day you’ll get to travel the world too, and your eyes will open. Maybe cos I’m fighting for the cause of the struggling people in Nigeria that you think I’m probably struggling grin, no bruv, I’m just more sensitive to people’s pains.

A word of advice, keep your family Biz outta NL, it will do you great.I will get to travel the world ahah, U are still a kid,wen I 1st left the shores of Nigeria U probably in Pry school.I have traveled all continents that U can think of, to me traveling is for me to go relax, these days I pay for my kids to travel,Im done,I dont need visa to 60% of the world's country to say.
Oh I thought 2018 Clued up people are not meant to use such words as *Disrespectful*
I asked U to keep ur Private life outta NL now we all know You married a non-9ja and yu even have the guts to use Scam and marriage in one sentence , and U dey shout make people nor school here or make dem nor come here and U dey hustle to come here, the way U dey stress the matter E be like say Husband finish 4 9ja abi them ones too dey disrespectful? Nor B 2day nyash dey back we don see the script plenty times, So whatever floats ur boat fire down, Nothng suprises me these days from 9ja.
chey Una dey see wetin I dey saw.
PS: My sister E B like say nah Oyibo U marry soooo grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Aphrodite007(f): 10:36pm On Feb 28, 2018
erico2k2:

A word of advice, keep your family Biz outta NL, it will do you great.I will get to travel the world ahah, U are still a kid,wen I 1st left the shores of Nigeria U probably in Pry school.I have traveled all continents that U can think of, to me traveling is for me to go relax, these days I pay for my kids to travel,Im done,I dont need visa to 60% of the world's country to say.
Oh I thought 2018 Clued up people are not meant to use such words as *Disrespectful*
I asked U to keep ur Private life outta NL now we all know You married a non-9ja are yu even have the guts to use Scam and marriage in one sentence , and U dey shout make people nor school here or make dem nor come here and U dey hustle to come here, the way U dey stress the matter E be like say Husband finish 4 9ja abi them ones too dey disrespectful? Nor B 2day nyash dey back we don see the script plenty times, So wahtever floats ur boat fire down, Nothng suprises me these days from 9ja.
chey Una dey see wetin I dey saw.
PS: My sister E B like say nah Oyibo U marry soooo grin grin

So old and still so childish and unintelligent.

Don’t worry about my posts, I’ve shown him and he is cool with it.

Please don’t mention me again, I’m done with the daft convo. Night Hun! cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by erico2k2(m): 10:56pm On Feb 28, 2018
Aphrodite007:

So old and still so childish and unintelligent.

Don’t worry about my posts, I’ve shown him and he is cool with it.

Please don’t mention me again, I’m done with the daft convo. Night Hun! cheesy
ahahahahahaha, I love nairaland, U can B anybody U chose to be,U can be 80 years OLD and you can also be 20 years Old,I will mention you anytime I feel I want to, if U dont like it plz do one ,U are here running your mouth and Dising the Uk mainwhile U wan marry Oyibo to Run come Uk,Una sharpness get CV. dis was how one Mugu was dising the US later we found out he got refuse a US visa and got a ban hence the hate!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by lebete3000: 5:35am On Mar 01, 2018
erico2k2:

Bros which kind exam again??

Any exams na!
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by lebete3000: 5:36am On Mar 01, 2018
justwise:

Medical exam?

Something laidat...
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by willy2000(m): 2:02pm On Mar 01, 2018
erico2k2:

ahahahahahaha, I love nairaland, U can B anybody U chose to be,U can be 80 years OLD and you can also be 20 years Old,I will mention you anytime I feel I want to, if U dont like it plz do one ,U are here running your mouth and Dising the Uk mainwhile U wan marry Oyibo to Run come Uk,Una sharpness get CV. dis was how one Mugu was dising the US later we found out he got refuse a US visa and got a ban hence the hate!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Delta007(m): 2:24pm On Mar 02, 2018
justwise:

You have a good chance of getting a job in the UK if you plan well before coming here. Its competitive yes but foreign students still get a job..

Some Nigerians even get a job in the UK from Nigeria.

Dude, you are better than this. Nothing you posted contradicts the OP.

Are foreign students still getting jobs in the UK? Yes.

Are majority foreign students (with all the planning required), getting jobs in the UK after their studies? No. This has been the case for almost a decade.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Delta007(m): 2:48pm On Mar 02, 2018
TWoods:

Exactly my point. We all know that the basis for granting a non immigrant visa is the acknowledgment that we intend to return to our home country after the duration of the program. As you’ve rightly said, even the OP and his/her minions heard and agreed to the condition so who is fooling who with the crocodile tears now?
Fair enough, but this is simplistic at best. However, I believe that the argument is that the UK immigration laws currently provide limited (or no) levers/options that a foreign grad can exercise; so going to the UK as a foreign student is not the best deal given other options out there.

The stats show that over 90% (I believe the number I saw was 97%) of foreign students (not just Nigerian students) leave the UK after their studies. Compare that to the retention rates in the US or Canada. Isn't this the crux of this thread, no?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by justwise(m): 4:06pm On Mar 02, 2018
saouri:
Dear All,

It is with a deep sense of responsibility and awareness I am writing you this article today.

For years we have been going to schools in the UK and other parts of the EU. In the past, up to around 2009/2010, we used to get opportunities to stay back in the UK in particular and get job opportunities but in the last 7 to 8 years this has not been the case.
Now as soon as you graduate from your university, you are expected to get out of the UK.

Please bear in mind that as international students, you PAY MORE to get the same education as your UK and EU counterparts but you DO NOT get the same employment opportunities.
The UK will rather employ someone from the EU (or has an EU country passport) who cannot speak even 4.0 IELTS level of english and 4 months working experience, than employ you who has 5 to 7 years working experience with a 7.5 to 8.5IELTS level of english.
They know that the situation in Nigeria is getting worse by the day with the joke that we have as leaders, especially in the aspect of employment.
Some people will say be innovative, be an entrepreneur; my people, please do not allow motivational speakers deceive you. Entrepreneurship is difficult. It is not as glamorous as instagram makes it look. Also, entrepreneurship is NOT for everybody. Many people need real jobs!
Please ask yourself the following;
- Why are you really going to school in the UK?
- Why are you paying higher amounts of money to get an education which does not give you the same employment opportunities as your counterparts?
- Is marrying a UK/EU citizen because of papers worth it?
- Is it really worth it to stay back in the UK illegally?
- Why are you making the UK richer by driving up the value of the pound against the Naira by paying schools fees and visa fees in pounds?
- Why can’t those schools have accounts in Nigeria and you pay all the necessary fees in Naira?

Once upon a time the Naira was more valuable than the pound. My people, Think!!!
Nigerians are excluded from so many life changing opportunities for African youth such as the ALL BAR NONE scholarship, the DFID scholarships, the Barclays Rising Eagles programme (and Barclays has a branch in Lagos) etc.

I totally understand your need to migrate from the horrible economic and employment situation but I would advise you all to look at countries that use the point-based system and actually value your education or work experience in their country.

As a Nigerian, you cannot receive money in your Naira account through PAYPAL but you are encouraged to spend/buy using the same PAYPAL. If you can sell on Ebay, you can make money from home by selling things to people all over the world. We need a wakeup call.

Just so you know, I have personal experience living and working in the UK. To date, it has not given me any employment anywhere.

Even if you have parents that were legally British, because you were not born there in the UK, the Home office is not just going to hand you nationality. No. My country people please understand the UK DOES NOT WANT YOU...

I hope that this write up can dissuade many of you to look away from the UK or the EU.
Leave them alone.

Delta007:

Dude, you are better than this. Nothing you posted contradicts the OP.

Are foreign students still getting jobs in the UK? Yes.

Are majority foreign students (with all the planning required), getting jobs in the UK after their studies? No. This has been the case for almost a decade.

You seems to be one of those who read the title and jump to conclusion.

We are not saying the same thing.

I'm saying that Nigerian students can still get a job in the UK after graduation while he is saying that the opportunities are not there that they rather employ EU citizens with little qualification than Nigerians with 7yrs experience. Then he ended it by saying: 'the UK DOES NOT WANT YOU'

Nigerians are eligible for DFID scholarships contrarily to his claim that Nigerians are excluded.

My whole point in this thread is for people to be objective and not this false generalization, for the fact that it did not workout for you does not mean that others are not getting the job.

There are so many reasons why one failed to get a job in the UK after graduation..your grade, school you graduated from, the course you studied, late application and not just immigration policies.

You are not education anybody when you make this sort of false generalization.
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by erico2k2(m): 5:05pm On Mar 02, 2018
Delta007:

Fair enough, but this is simplistic at best. However, I believe that the argument is that the UK immigration laws currently provide limited (or no) levers/options that a foreign grad can exercise; so going to the UK as a foreign student is not the best deal given other options out there.

The stats show that over 90% (I believe the number I saw was 97%) of foreign students (not just Nigerian students) leave the UK after their studies. Compare that to the retention rates in the US or Canada. Isn't this the crux of this thread, no?
How is this SO? It clearly states you are meant to go Home after your study on the FORMS, how much clearer could this be?
The bit about planning has to do with having a plan A,B and C.
If you came here with your own money I'm sure you will plan these, but if you where sponsored by parents or org then you might be a wee relaxed!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Delta007(m): 5:55pm On Mar 02, 2018
justwise:

I'm saying that Nigerian students can still get a job in the UK after graduation while he is saying that the opportunities are not there that they rather employ EU citizens with little qualification than Nigerians with 7yrs experience. Then he ended it by saying: 'the UK DOES NOT WANT YOU'

Nigerians are eligible for DFID scholarships contrarily to his claim that Nigerians are excluded.

My whole point in this thread is for people to be objective and not this false generalization, for the fact that it did not workout for you does not mean that others are not getting the job.

There are so many reasons why one failed to get a job in the UK after graduation..your grade, school you graduated from, the course you studied, late application and not just immigration policies.

Fair enough. I think I get your point and I am not sure it contradicts the fact that these opportunities are very limited (relative to the number of foreign students).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Delta007(m): 6:04pm On Mar 02, 2018
erico2k2:

How is this SO? It clearly states you are meant to go Home after your study on the FORMS, how much clearer could this be?
The bit about planning has to do with having a plan A,B and C.
If you came here with your own money I'm sure you will plan these, but if you where sponsored by parents or org then you might be a wee relaxed!
No offence but you are all over the map. On this thread, you have gone from aruging against the OP's perspective to basically validating his/her point. Now you are explaining immigration laws. I'm not sure I quite understand your perspective. Perhaps you can educate me. And yes, everybody is (or should be) familiar with what is on the visa forms. And yes, every country has similar language/concepts for non-immigrant visas.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by LaudableXX: 6:07pm On Mar 02, 2018
Delta007:
Fair enough. I think I get your point and I am not sure it contradicts the fact that these opportunities are very limited (relative to the number of foreign students).
Don't believe that guy. sad He is just exaggerating and misleading people. UK policy says Nigerian students can't work in the UK, after completing their studies. They should go back home. Isn't that what this thread is about? shocked Without sponsorship by a company, even firms that would accept STEM graduates in the UK, would NOT offer foreign students from Nigeria, a job. It is very difficult to get such sponsorships. They are extremely few and far between. Someone mentioned a 2% chance of getting a job, under such circumstances. So what da heck is that chap saying..? Let him keep deceiving himself with his long grammar.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 02, 2018
Seems to be? From your end of the internet you are now in the minds of others...

False generalization? The others throughout the thread who have come out to say they went through the same thing are....?

All hail the one who is *Just Wise*.
If you do not see his/her point of view, you have no say

I hope that off nairaland you are not having issues in your personal relationships/life?
You sound PAINED & DESPERATE!!!
Find happiness!!! Like seriously GET help...

You who went to the best school...
Read the best course...
Planned better than the 97%...
What job are you doing that gives you the time to consistently be on here trolling my FAMOUS POST?
About 38,000 views and counting...

I know how many minds I have changed with my post ☺
I have helped MANY avoid the dead end by sharing my experience.

Why not you start a thread yourself and see how many real people can relate?
If you had your way, you would SNATCH this post away cheesy grin grin

LMAOOOO
Take heart oh ye WISE ONE smiley

justwise:

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by justwise(m): 6:25pm On Mar 02, 2018
LaudableXX:

Don't believe that guy. sad He is just exaggerating and misleading people. UK policy says Nigerian students can't work in the UK, after completing their studies. They should go back home. Isn't that what this thread is about? shocked Without sponsorship by a company, even firms that would accept STEM graduates in the UK, would NOT offer foreign students from Nigeria, a job. It is very difficult to get such sponsorships. They are extremely few and far between. Someone mentioned a 2% chance of getting a job, under such circumstances. So what da heck is that chap saying..? Let him keep deceiving himself with his long grammar.

Another lies from one of the uniformed.

See my attachment and the highlighted part

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/switch-to-this-visa

This is my point..people can't read or bothered to research anything

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by LaudableXX: 6:29pm On Mar 02, 2018
justwise:
Another lies from one of the uniformed.

See my attachment and the highlighted part

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/switch-to-this-visa

This is my point..people can't read or bothered to research anything
Another contradiction from justwise! sad The info at that link highlights the different grades of UK Visas, and does not perpetuate your myth that Nigerian students can stay back and work in the UK, after they have received their degree.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by justwise(m): 6:33pm On Mar 02, 2018
saouri:
Seems to be? From your end of the internet you are now in the minds of others...

False generalization? The others throughout the thread who have come out to say they went through the same thing are....?

All hail the one who is *Just Wise*.
If you do not see his/her point of view, you have no say

I hope that off nairaland you are not having issues in your personal relationships/life?
You sound PAINED & DESPERATE!!!
Find happiness!!! Like seriously GET help...

You who went to the best school...
Read the best course...
Planned better than the 97%...
What job are you doing that gives you the time to consistently be on here trolling my FAMOUS POST?
About 38,000 views and counting...

I know how many minds I have changed with my post ☺
I have helped MANY avoid the dead end by sharing my experience.

Why not you start a thread yourself and see how many real people can relate?
If you had your way, you would SNATCH this post away cheesy grin grin

LMAOOOO
Take heart oh ye WISE ONE smiley

Hahaha..you poor thing, i'm in a happy relationship, i have a job and able to afford what i want and help loved ones.

Do you want to count the number of threads i have started that is helping people and running into hundreds of pages? Have a look around this section or click on my profile .

Rather than bunching the air looking at your FAMOUS POST grin grin i will advise you to spend more time job hunting in Nigeria or even in the UK, you can't still get a job.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by justwise(m): 6:36pm On Mar 02, 2018
LaudableXX:

Another contradiction from justwise! sad The info at that link highlights the different grades of UK Visas, and does not perpetuate your myth that Nigerian students can stay back and work in the UK, after they have received their degree.

God! Dude please ask a 5yrs old around you to read and explain that link for you because you are helpless.
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by LaudableXX: 6:38pm On Mar 02, 2018
justwise:
God! Dude please ask a 5yrs old around you to read and explain that link for you because you are helpless.
You are trying to cover up your blunders! Just swerve, biko.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by justwise(m): 6:46pm On Mar 02, 2018
LaudableXX:

You are trying to cover up your blunders! Just swerve, biko.

I can only research and present the info here but the ability to comprehend is down to you.

Switching from tier 4 visa to 2 tier gives one the opportunity to remain without leaving the UK if successful and eventually a citizen after 5.

This is not hard to understand.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by LaudableXX: 6:48pm On Mar 02, 2018
justwise:
I can only research and present the info here but the ability to comprehend is down to you.

Switching from tier 4 visa to 2 tier gives one the opportunity to remain without leaving the UK if successful and eventually a citizen after 5.

This is not hard to understand.

'Switching' is your new defence? Oga, you sound more ridiculous by the second! cheesy shocked It would be interesting to see how a Nigerian student who has just finished his degree in the UK, manages to arrange this switch. undecided

Categories in Tier 2 : Tier 2 Policy Guidance (Version 01/2018)
3. Tier 2 has 4 categories:
General – if you have an offer of a skilled job that cannot be filled by a settled worker. This category includes applicants coming to the UK to fill shortage occupations.
Intra-Company Transfer – if you are an existing employee of a multinational employer who needs to be transferred to their UK branch, for training purposes or to fill a specific vacancy that cannot be filled by a settled or EEA worker, either on a long term basis or for frequent short visits. You cannot use this route if you are an employee of an overseas employer that is not linked by common ownership or control to the UK branch.

There are 2 sub-categories of Intra-Company Transfer:
Long Term Staff – if you have been working for your organisation for at least 12 months directly prior to your transfer and are being transferred to a skilled job in the UK to fill a post which cannot be filled by a settled worker. This is for a period of up to a maximum of 5 years. There are more flexible rules for high earners.
Graduate Trainee – if you are a recent graduate recruit being transferred to a UK branch of your organisation for the purpose of training. (This route must not be used to fill long-term posts). You must be coming to the UK for a maximum period of 12 months as part of a structured graduate training programme with clearly defined progression towards a managerial or specialist role within your organisation.
Sportsperson – if you are an elite sportsperson or coach whose employment will make a significant contribution to the development of your sport at the highest level in the UK.
Minister of Religion – if you are a Minister of Religion undertaking preaching and pastoral work, Missionary, or Member of a Religious Order, and in each case are taking up employment or a post/role within your faith community in the UK.
4. You cannot apply under Tier 2 (General) or Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) if you are applying for permission to work as a sportsperson or a Minister of Religion.

Eligibility

5. You must have a job offer, and a Certificate of Sponsorship from an organisation that is a licensed sponsor in the UK. You can only have a job offer if you will not be displacing a suitable settled worker. This means that employers cannot offer a job to a non-settled worker if it means that a suitable settled worker will be turned down for the job or made redundant.

6. The sponsor must meet the requirements for the category you are applying under, and accept certain responsibilities to help with immigration control. You must not own more than 10% of your sponsor’s shares if the sponsor is a limited company, unless you are applying under the Intra-Company Transfer category or your Certificate of Sponsorship shows you will earn £159,600 or more. https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/673762/Tier_2_Policy_Guidance_01_2018__2_.pdf

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by erico2k2(m): 6:48pm On Mar 02, 2018
Delta007:

No offence but you are all over the map. On this thread, you have gone from aruging against the OP's perspective to basically validating his/her point. Now you are explaining immigration laws. I'm not sure I quite understand your perspective. Perhaps you can educate me. And yes, everybody is (or should be) familiar with what is on the visa forms. And yes, every country has similar language/concepts for non-immigrant visas.
ALl I wrote up there was a direct responce to this statement made by you.

UK immigration laws currently provide limited (or no) levers/options that a foreign grad can exercise
This is false.Its clearly stated.
Do not 4get the school are not the Home office.Their role here is to provide you admission which you take and add to your Visa application.(Hence U can still be refused entry VISA)
Im not saying the OP is entirely wrong, but this is a case of over exagaration and killing a fly with a sledge harmmer.The fact that I studied and got a JOB here is a litttle give away as to what Planning is needed to arrange oneself to get work here.
Now It is mind buggling how no one here has asked what planning we are talking about and how to go about securing a JOB after we spend that much.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by TWoods(m): 6:52pm On Mar 02, 2018
Delta007:

Take care to read my comments in entirety before responding next time. You and I agree on the same thing. My point is simple - this thread could have been avoided if people paid attention to existing immigration laws. It’s not rocket science that the UK expects you to go home after your education, they do not owe you permanent residence or a job, so why apply there in the first place of immigration is your intent?

Calling my position, which is essentially the same as yours, simplistic, is evidence you haven’t been paying attention at all...

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Delta007(m): 8:29pm On Mar 02, 2018
I read your comments - all of it and I actually agree with your perspective, which is quite consistent with the OP's perspective. He/she may have over sensitized the topic but shared his/her experience, which is the essence of this forum. Maybe if he/she (and the over 90% of foreign grads) planned better, outcomes may have been different; nonetheless, several others are still making the same "mistakes" (for whatever reasons - poor planning, not paying attention, lack of info, strategic hoping, etc) after almost a decade. I am quite sure Seun does not mind the traffic.

TWoods:

Take care to read my comments in entirety before responding next time. You and I agree on the same thing. My point is simple - this thread could have been avoided if people paid attention to existing immigration laws. It’s not rocket science that the UK expects you to go home after your education, they do not owe you permanent residence or a job, so why apply there in the first place of immigration is your intent?

Calling my position, which is essentially the same as yours, simplistic, is evidence you haven’t been paying attention at all...

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Delta007(m): 8:31pm On Mar 02, 2018
erico2k2:

ALl I wrote up there was a direct responce to this statement made by you.

UK immigration laws currently provide limited (or no) levers/options that a foreign grad can exercise
This is false.Its clearly stated.
Do not 4get the school are not the Home office.Their role here is to provide you admission which you take and add to your Visa application.(Hence U can still be refused entry VISA)
Im not saying the OP is entirely wrong, but this is a case of over exagaration and killing a fly with a sledge harmmer.The fact that I studied and got a JOB here is a litttle give away as to what Planning is needed to arrange oneself to get work here.
Now It is mind buggling how no one here has asked what planning we are talking about and how to go about securing a JOB after we spend that much.
So what planning are you talking about? Educate us!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Aphrodite007(f): 8:36pm On Mar 02, 2018
TWoods:

Literally beating a dead horse!

As we have learned from our lesson from apparently not paying attention to the immigration laws, we should now keep quiet and let others make the same mistake right?

This is why your comment isn’t adding value dear.

If you like, use a megaphone and complain about how we did not read the immigration laws (yes we did not read it, come and beat us!) it would not stop the wonderful effect this thread is having.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by TWoods(m): 9:35pm On Mar 02, 2018
Aphrodite007:

As we have learned from our lesson from apparently not paying attention to the immigration laws, we should keep quiet and let others make the mistake right?

If you like use a megaphone and complain about how we did not read the immigration laws (yes we did not read it, come and beat us!) it would not stop the wonderful effect this thread is having.

There is a UK visa thread here... your thread is having zero effect on it at all... take a peek, your thread has not made a dent on the number of folks obtaining UK study visas... but if it makes you feel good about yourself. The problem remains the same, if folks will not read immigration laws yesterday, neither will your thread convince them to do so. But please...

you complain that others are beating a dead horse... yet here you are, day after day after day, hyperventilating over dead horses.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by LaudableXX: 10:48pm On Mar 02, 2018
Aphrodite007:

As we have learned from our lesson from apparently not paying attention to the immigration laws, we should keep quiet and let others make the mistake right?

If you like use a megaphone and complain about how we did not read the immigration laws (yes we did not read it, come and beat us!) it would not stop the wonderful effect this thread is having.

Una just want take laugh kill person for here...!! cheesy shocked grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by AngelicBeing: 8:34am On Mar 03, 2018
LaudableXX:

Una just want take laugh kill person for here...!! cheesy shocked grin

grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Nobody: 11:50am On Mar 03, 2018
Proverbs 17:5
Those who mock the poor, mock the God who made them...

May the ground shift under you!
May you fall off your high horse into the dust with gnashing of teeth!
When you try to get back on your feet, may you consistently stumble!

It is you and your generations that are "poor things"...

You don't know when to stop.
You will learn a life lesson trolling on here..
Keep at it ☺

justwise:

Hahaha..you poor thing, i'm in a happy relationship, i have a job and able to afford what i want and help loved ones.

Do you want to count the number of threads i have started that is helping people and running into hundreds of pages? Have a look around this section or click on my profile .

Rather than bunching the air looking at your FAMOUS POST grin grin i will advise you to spend more time job hunting in Nigeria or even in the UK, you can't still get a job.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process / Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa / Abiriba, 'Small London': Luxurious Abia Town Put On Display (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.