Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,874 members, 7,806,501 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:27 PM

Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! (101174 Views)

How Young Nigerians Are Investing To Leave The Country / Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by justwise(m): 12:11pm On Mar 03, 2018
saouri:
Proverbs 17:5
Those who mock the poor, mock the God who made them...

May the ground shift under you!
May you fall off your high horse into the dust with gnashing of teeth!
When you try to get back on your feet, may you consistently stumble!

It is you and your generations that are "poor things"...

You don't know when to stop.
You will learn a life lesson trolling on here..
Keep at it ☺

grin grin here we go with meaningless bible quoting.

You lived and studied in the UK still this phrase: 'You poor thing' come across to you as an insult? Its a idiomatic English expression, it does not literally mean that you are poor.

I'm just going to pretend as if i did not read those curses from you because it means nothing to me.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by emmayayodeji(m): 12:38pm On Mar 03, 2018
justwise:

You lived and studied in the UK still this phrase: 'You poor thing' come across to you as an insult? Its a idiomatic English expression, it does not literally mean that you are poor.

I'm just going to pretend as if i did not read those curses from you because it means nothing to me.

You just gained my respect

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by justwise(m): 12:50pm On Mar 03, 2018
emmayayodeji:

You just gained my respect

Well..what can i say..this is typical of some Nigerians, they are so intolerant of alternative view, they curse and quote bible verses.

If i banned him from this section for his insults some individuals here will accuse me of abusing my power as a moderator or that i'm jealous of his thread but there is a limit..

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Berliner1: 1:01pm On Mar 03, 2018
justwise:

Well..what can i say..this is typical of some Nigerians, they are so intolerant of alternative view, they curse and quote bible verses.

If i banned him from this section for his insults some individuals here will accuse me of abusing my power as a moderator or that i'm jealous of his thread but there is a limit..

Respect.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by ApexTitan(m): 1:48pm On Mar 03, 2018
It's funny how everyone has forgotten all the UK bashing that went on in the early pages of this thread.

Comments like this that were explicit
The Uk is a complete waste of public space especially for african migrants if you ask me..

or the implied ones by many, even the OP (who is now claiming to perform a public service), that the UK somehow deceived them into studying there.

Many people also imagine that the only reason why one would go for a masters degree overseas is to relocate. That may be true to some extent but not completely. If it were the UK would not be the #2 top destination for international students.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by erico2k2(m): 2:16pm On Mar 03, 2018
ApexTitan:
It's funny how everyone has forgotten all the UK bashing that went on in the early pages of this thread.

The Uk is a complete waste of public space especially for african migrants if you ask me..

or the implied ones by many, even the OP (who is now claiming to perform a public service), that the UK somehow deceived them into studying there.

Many people also imagine that the only reason why one would go for a masters degree overseas is to relocate. That may be true to some extent but not completely. If it were the UK would not be the #2 top destination for international students.
Exactly and when you xpose their ignorance they go on the offenssive then try to send you a PM.I dnt k now why they dont bash Ghana as well cos I heard they go there to school as well ahahaha
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Nobody: 5:06pm On Mar 03, 2018
Meaningless BIBLE quoting
There are quotes from the Bible that are meaningless?
Really?

Don't bring $hit down upon yourself for the sake of *hailings* or affirmation from people who won't be able to deliver you.
Don't bring $hit down upon yourself FOR NOTHING...

If you like BAN, EVICT, EXCOMMUNICATE or whatever you think the *power* on here can give you...
That is the worst you can do. That is the limit of your perceived "power".

Point made.
Those who have taken it have.
I have changed minds ☺
The thread has succeeded, literally with your help grin

justwise:

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by justwise(m): 5:28pm On Mar 03, 2018
saouri:
Meaningless BIBLE quoting
There are quotes from the Bible that are meaningless?
Really?

Don't bring $hit down upon yourself for the sake of *hailings* or affirmation from people who won't be able to deliver you.
Don't bring $hit down upon yourself FOR NOTHING...

If you like BAN, EVICT, EXCOMMUNICATE or whatever you think the *power* on here can give you...
That is the worst you can do. That is the limit of your perceived "power".

Point made.
Those who have taken it have.
I have changed minds ☺
The thread has succeeded, literally with your help grin

Yes and you are perfect example of it, it's useful when used correctly but Militant Christians like you make a mockery of the bible.

In terms of top destination for foreign students the U.K. Ranked second in the world with US taking top spot.

Your thread probably change the minds of unserious and potential immigrations like you and not any serious student.

By the way thanks for the traffic grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by hammed71(m): 7:35pm On Mar 03, 2018
;Dat least the traffic is something.
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by LaudableXX: 2:03pm On Mar 04, 2018
ApexTitan:

Here comes another defender of the British universe! cheesy Bro', get a hanky and dry your tears which were caused by the uncomplimentary remarks made against your beloved UK. Are you hoping for a knighthood from the Queen perhaps, for defending the old empire from the comments made by Nigerians, on NL?

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by ApexTitan(m): 2:51pm On Mar 04, 2018
LaudableXX:

Here comes another defender of the British universe! cheesy Bro', get a hanky and dry your tears which were caused by the uncomplimentary remarks made against your beloved UK. Are you hoping for a knighthood from the Queen perhaps, for defending the old empire from the comments made by Nigerians, on NL?

I'm actually hoping to be made a Baron this year, too bad her majesty doesn't visit this site to see the fine work I'm doing here. grin

My aristocratic ambitions aside, readers like me are not fooled by posts that reek of an overblown sense of entitlement and failure in reasoning all the while posing as the cry of the oppressed.

I'll call out such disingenuousness wherever I see it and if pan-Africanists, who are always looking for a way to stick it to the UK, have a problem with this they can kiss my coat tail.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by moonraker(m): 2:27am On Mar 05, 2018
Paging Sagamite

Paging Sagamite

PAGING SAGAMITE

Over !!

Your Fucktardddd input is urgently needed. over!!
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by erico2k2(m): 5:31am On Mar 05, 2018
Delta007:

No offence but you are all over the map. On this thread, you have gone from[b] aruging against the OP's perspective[/b] to basically validating his/her point. Now you are explaining immigration laws. I'm not sure I quite understand your perspective. Perhaps you can educate me. And yes, everybody is (or should be) familiar with what is on the visa forms. And yes, every country has similar language/concepts for non-immigrant visas.
Plz quote where I was arguing against OP's perspective
And NO everybody should not be familier with whats o n a VISA form only those who have Biz with said VISA should make themselves familier with the nitty grittty
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by AngelicBeing: 11:18am On Mar 05, 2018
moonraker:
Paging Sagamite

Paging Sagamite

PAGING SAGAMITE

Over !!

Your Fucktardddd input is urgently needed. over!!
Hahaha, Sagamite and fvcktard is like 5 & 6, page Sukkot as well, he is another Prophet that specializes in stargazing grin
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by LaudableXX: 1:22pm On Mar 05, 2018
ApexTitan:
I'm actually hoping to be made a Baron this year, too bad her majesty doesn't visit this site to see the fine work I'm doing here. grin

My aristocratic ambitions aside, readers like me are not fooled by posts that reek of an overblown sense of entitlement and failure in reasoning all the while posing as the cry of the oppressed.

I'll call out such disingenuousness wherever I see it and if pan-Africanists, who are always looking for a way to stick it to the UK, have a problem with this they can kiss my coat tail.

Cry me a river. Your post just reeks of the "overblown .... failure in reasoning," that permeates your senses. Keep it up! undecided It has been ages since clueless, "disingenuous" remarks such as your own, graced this section. Those who "stick it to the UK," will continue to be applauded. If it offends you so much, you are welcome to "kiss my coat tails." shocked

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by justwise(m): 6:25am On Mar 06, 2018
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Endlessgrace: 1:30am On Mar 09, 2018
I just stumbled on this thread and it kept me entertained for about 2hrs. Asking people to stay clear of Uk because of its unattractive immigration path is not being objective. I came down to the UK about 6 months ago and i knew what i was getting into before i made that decision, did all my research and still went ahead (Justwise, remember me?). My first job here is with an insurance company that is also a tier2 sponsor and 4 months after got another job with an ad company that has offered me a full time job upon completion of my Msc. Its not all gloomy as we paint it, i did my research thoroughly, applied for a course where I already have years of work experience in Nigeria and started applying to tier 2 sponsors (even for part time job) immediately i got here. This is to help someone that its not all gloomy as its being painted, you’ve got to be focused and work your butt off, trust me my daily life is not a walk in the park but i push because i had a goal from the onset and no nay-sayer is going to deter me and that is yielding good results.
Ire ooo.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by LaudableXX: 2:25pm On Mar 09, 2018
This thread was earlier locked by Justwise, but he later re-opened it so that one of his acolytes could share his experience, which falls into the 2% bracket, cited by other respondents. It doesn't matter. undecided It still does not change the fact that the UK is a bad choice for students who wish to study and acquire work experience, after their studies. The UK policies are quite clear on that. All this attempt to whitewash the current reality isn't going to work. There are better alternatives for international students, in other foreign countries outside the UK. cool

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by justwise(m): 4:43pm On Mar 09, 2018
LaudableXX:
This thread was earlier locked by Justwise, but he later re-opened it so that one of his acolytes could share his experience, which falls into the 2% bracket, cited by other respondents. It doesn't matter. undecided It still does not change the fact that the UK is a bad choice for students who wish to study and acquire work experience, after their studies. The UK policies are quite clear on that. All this attempt to whitewash the current reality isn't going to work. There are better alternatives for international students, in other foreign countries outside the UK. cool

This sort of silly accusation need to stop, if you have nothing more to say just move on.

I locked this thread and the supper mod reopened it and here you are making silly allegations.
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by justwise(m): 4:44pm On Mar 09, 2018
Endlessgrace:
I just stumbled on this thread and it kept me entertained for about 2hrs. Asking people to stay clear of Uk because of its unattractive immigration path is not being objective. I came down to the UK about 6 months ago and i knew what i was getting into before i made that decision, did all my research and still went ahead (Justwise, remember me?). My first job here is with an insurance company that is also a tier2 sponsor and 4 months after got another job with an ad company that has offered me a full time job upon completion of my Msc. Its not all gloomy as we paint it, i did my research thoroughly, applied for a course where I already have years of work experience in Nigeria and started applying to tier 2 sponsors (even for part time job) immediately i got here. This is to help someone that its not all gloomy as its being painted, you’ve got to be focused and work your butt off, trust me my daily life is not a walk in the park but i push because i had a goal from the onset and no nay-sayer is going to deter me and that is yielding good results.
Ire ooo.

Congratulations! Really glad it worked out for you
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Nobody: 8:29am On Mar 17, 2018
You went to the Uk about six months ago and you have already completed your MSC
Hoooow? Cool story bro...

Endlessgrace:
Ire ooo.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Nobody: 8:45am On Mar 17, 2018
after he was reported to the main uncle here https://www.nairaland.com/4382961/uncle-seun-nairaland#65600160
hehehe

When people oppress you, don't keep quiet!
Whether online or in real life.
Take positive action.
It may or may not give you desired results but still do something wink

LaudableXX:

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Water101(f): 9:21am On Mar 17, 2018
greatermax77:
We must come there, weather they like it or not & constute nuisance to them.
They are the cause of our problems
They can't eat their cake & have it back
grin
greatermax77:
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Water101(f): 9:22am On Mar 17, 2018
greatermax77:
funny! grin
greatermax77:
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Lovelywings: 12:38pm On Mar 17, 2018
justwise:

This sort of silly accusation need to stop, if you have nothing more to say just move on.

I locked this thread and the supper mod reopened it and here you are making silly allegations.

Why exactly did you lock the thread? I have no dog in this fight. But from where I sit it doesn't make you look good at all.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by justwise(m): 12:57pm On Mar 17, 2018
Lovelywings:

Why exactly did you lock the thread? I have no dog in this fight. But from where I sit it doesn't make you look good at all.

I locked this thread because there is no useful info posted here anymore apart back and forth personal attack then the admin unlocked it after the op cried out.
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by heilige(m): 12:57pm On Mar 18, 2018
Berliner1:

You stay in a country for 19 years and the only thing you can talk about is the Negative part.

Kindly give a fair pictures of overall country.

I will handle all point you raised one after the other.

1) Education and other sector of Germany is under state jurisdictions. You mention bavaria paying tuition fee and this is false so I respectively disagree with that assertion.
My brother is currently a student in passau which is inside bavaria(computer Science) without paying a tuition fee. What they charge is around 300 euro per semester fee to re-enrol. This money covers transportation for 6 months and other benefit of student.tuition fee has been abolish since 2013.

This is my proof for other readers to peruse.

https://www.study-in-bavaria.de/why-bavaria/10-reasons-to-study-in-bavaria/

2)To talk about eastern germany and rascism in this 21st century shows your assertion is one sided.Take or leave it...there is a strong correlation between tribalsim and rascis. I used ipob and yoruba e-warriors as example of how rascism can be find in most human setting.

But I have a question for you Sir.
How come in all your post you refuse to mention the millions of syrians Germany help. Accommodate them, pay them 300 euro monthly, free health insurance,free education,free child benefit to each child(190 euro)?

3) I understand you lived when they are not open to people, thats around 20 years ago. The present day Germany, have lived and work in the four region without seeing any form of your negative pictures.

Brandeburg you talk about is home to a very large yoruba community. Go to berlin same thing..are they not east Germany? Have tour all the state you mention and there are Nigerians and people of other races there without what you painted being encountered.This is 2018 not 1998.

Anti immigrant sentiment is very high where?

If you are here legally they have no issues with you. Except the illegal asylum seekers and drug dealers, which alot of people who came into Germany in the early years fall into.

4) You talked about semester job not in the east....lol...bros things has changed...Have u heard about amazon in berlin, brandenburg and leipzig?
Do you know even asylum seekers work in several places all year round now talkless of legal resident like student?

After enjoying here for 19 years its only the weaker and negative part you talk about...its Ok.

Please tell the world about German top companies.There immigration friendly policy etc .

My point is give a fair picture of the country to the readers. Like I did.

All countries have there disadvantages, but when benefit outweighed cost, I think its a good move.

Happy Sunday Sir.

There are three sides to a coin. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. Germany has all three sides. One can choose the one he or she want to see and experience.
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Berliner1: 1:05pm On Mar 18, 2018
heilige:

There are three sides to a coin. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. Germany has all three sides. One can choose the one he or she want to see and experience.

Very true.

But what he depict to readers on this forum may affect
an everlasting decision.
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by heilige(m): 1:09pm On Mar 18, 2018
Berliner1:

We are not talking about proffessional job here...I'm talking about student job that is easily available here and thats the basis.

Many companies pay more than that like daimler(2000 euro), volkswagen 2200 euro.

All these job requires nothing...just permit and strength.

How much are you expecting them to pay for a non proffessional job?

Things has really changed. Those days of D-Mark, you could take 30k home after doing 3 months night of summer job in these companies
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by heilige(m): 1:13pm On Mar 18, 2018
Berliner1:

Very true.

But what he depict to readers on this forum may affect
an everlasting decision.

I would encorage anybody coming to Germany to come legally, do legal things only, don`t do bad things, don`t follow bad people. Integrate very well, and only see the positive part of the country.
All things are possible and you can be whatever you wish to be in Germany, irrespective of your black colour.
Just see the "Good" part of the coin.
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by heilige(m): 1:16pm On Mar 18, 2018
Berliner1:

All government universities in Germany are free.

Legally you have 18month to stay over after your studies...thats enough to get a job to stay here forever.

German government is immigrant friendly.we want skilled labour workforce.

Plenty student jobs from amazon(1300 euro monthly) to daimler Mercedes-Benz (2000euro).

Free education and semester ticket to make life comfortable.

I live and study here and visit uk.....very close to each other.

UK government is after your money...RUN

You make it look easy. There is not easy lunch in Europe you have to struggle to get these jobs oh

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa / Abiriba, 'Small London': Luxurious Abia Town Put On Display (Photos, Video) / Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.