Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,166 members, 7,807,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! (101190 Views)

How Young Nigerians Are Investing To Leave The Country / Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by erico2k2(m): 8:48am On Feb 24, 2018
[[s]quote author=saouri post=65272513]Dear All,

It is with a deep sense of responsibility and awareness I am writing you this article today.

For years we have been going to schools in the UK and other parts of the EU. In the past, up to around 2009/2010, we used to get opportunities to stay back in the UK in particular and get job opportunities but in the last 7 to 8 years this has not been the case.
Now as soon as you graduate from your university, you are expected to get out of the UK.

Please bear in mind that as international students, you PAY MORE to get the same education as your UK and EU counterparts but you DO NOT get the same employment opportunities.
The UK will rather employ someone from the EU (or has an EU country passport) who cannot speak even 4.0 IELTS level of english and 4 months working experience, than employ you who has 5 to 7 years working experience with a 7.5 to 8.5IELTS level of english.
They know that the situation in Nigeria is getting worse by the day with the joke that we have as leaders, especially in the aspect of employment.
Some people will say be innovative, be an entrepreneur; my people, please do not allow motivational speakers deceive you. Entrepreneurship is difficult. It is not as glamorous as instagram makes it look. Also, entrepreneurship is NOT for everybody. Many people need real jobs!
Please ask yourself the following;
- Why are you really going to school in the UK?
- Why are you paying higher amounts of money to get an education which does not give you the same employment opportunities as your counterparts?
- Is marrying a UK/EU citizen because of papers worth it?
- Is it really worth it to stay back in the UK illegally?
- Why are you making the UK richer by driving up the value of the pound against the Naira by paying schools fees and visa fees in pounds?
- Why can’t those schools have accounts in Nigeria and you pay all the necessary fees in Naira?

Once upon a time the Naira was more valuable than the pound. My people, Think!!!
Nigerians are excluded from so many life changing opportunities for African youth such as the ALL BAR NONE scholarship, the DFID scholarships, the Barclays Rising Eagles programme (and Barclays has a branch in Lagos) etc.

I totally understand your need to migrate from the horrible economic and employment situation but I would advise you all to look at countries that use the point-based system and actually value your education or work experience in their country.

As a Nigerian, you cannot receive money in your Naira account through PAYPAL but you are encouraged to spend/buy using the same PAYPAL. If you can sell on Ebay, you can make money from home by selling things to people all over the world. We need a wakeup call.

Just so you know, I have personal experience living and working in the UK. To date, it has not given me any employment anywhere.

Even if you have parents that were legally British, because you were not born there in the UK, the Home office is not just going to hand you nationality. No. My country people please understand the UK DOES NOT WANT YOU...

I hope that this write up can dissuade many of you to look away from the UK or the EU.
Leave them alone.[/s]
[/quote]
TRASH AND TOTAL BS

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by marvin906(m): 8:49am On Feb 24, 2018
hahahahahha i can still remember when my bro got back from the UK
after completing hes masters
he vowed never to go back grin grin
things aint favorable for nigerian students there undecided undecided

15 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by erico2k2(m): 8:51am On Feb 24, 2018
writeprof:
Your article is very apt. A friend just had to return this January after his Masters in UK. Things are still tough as par job because his relatives sponsored him there- which I see as an error, especially since UK is not interested in them staying. Imagine spending millions and he is back almost sentenced to look for teaching jobs with a UK master's degree. There are many like him around me, especially those who because of their Christian beliefs refused to do magomago to stay back.
OP, you can build this thread by giving more info about possible countries and the benefits of going there. Thanks.
That only happens when your sole purpose was not to school.you read the rule dammit . So why cry ? ?
If you got here cos of work great but school . Go home after school
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Lomprico2: 8:51am On Feb 24, 2018
U
saouri:
Dear All,

It is with a deep sense of responsibility and awareness I am writing you this article today.

For years we have been going to schools in the UK and other parts of the EU. In the past, up to around 2009/2010, we used to get opportunities to stay back in the UK in particular and get job opportunities but in the last 7 to 8 years this has not been the case.
Now as soon as you graduate from your university, you are expected to get out of the UK.

Please bear in mind that as international students, you PAY MORE to get the same education as your UK and EU counterparts but you DO NOT get the same employment opportunities.
The UK will rather employ someone from the EU (or has an EU country passport) who cannot speak even 4.0 IELTS level of english and 4 months working experience, than employ you who has 5 to 7 years working experience with a 7.5 to 8.5IELTS level of english.
They know that the situation in Nigeria is getting worse by the day with the joke that we have as leaders, especially in the aspect of employment.
Some people will say be innovative, be an entrepreneur; my people, please do not allow motivational speakers deceive you. Entrepreneurship is difficult. It is not as glamorous as instagram makes it look. Also, entrepreneurship is NOT for everybody. Many people need real jobs!
Please ask yourself the following;
- Why are you really going to school in the UK?
- Why are you paying higher amounts of money to get an education which does not give you the same employment opportunities as your counterparts?
- Is marrying a UK/EU citizen because of papers worth it?
- Is it really worth it to stay back in the UK illegally?
- Why are you making the UK richer by driving up the value of the pound against the Naira by paying schools fees and visa fees in pounds?
- Why can’t those schools have accounts in Nigeria and you pay all the necessary fees in Naira?

Once upon a time the Naira was more valuable than the pound. My people, Think!!!
Nigerians are excluded from so many life changing opportunities for African youth such as the ALL BAR NONE scholarship, the DFID scholarships, the Barclays Rising Eagles programme (and Barclays has a branch in Lagos) etc.

I totally understand your need to migrate from the horrible economic and employment situation but I would advise you all to look at countries that use the point-based system and actually value your education or work experience in their country.

As a Nigerian, you cannot receive money in your Naira account through PAYPAL but you are encouraged to spend/buy using the same PAYPAL. If you can sell on Ebay, you can make money from home by selling things to people all over the world. We need a wakeup call.

Just so you know, I have personal experience living and working in the UK. To date, it has not given me any employment anywhere.

Even if you have parents that were legally British, because you were not born there in the UK, the Home office is not just going to hand you nationality. No. My country people please understand the UK DOES NOT WANT YOU...

I hope that this write up can dissuade many of you to look away from the UK or the EU.
Leave them alone.

Because Nigeria us a shithole. Snake swallow money here and monkeys steal money from farms too.

12 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by uuzba(m): 8:53am On Feb 24, 2018
Bifrost:
But I thought the UK has relaxed it's laws with international students beginning this January with opportunities to stay back after graduation?
That's how Nigerians think.
"I thought, I thought".
Meanwhile Oyibos are ever ready to collect all the money you have. Sell your father's village and use the money for UK fees. They won't still give you job.

Everything the OP said EXACTLY happened me. UK MSc degree. No job there.
Returned to Nigeria looking for job up and down.

17 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by erico2k2(m): 8:53am On Feb 24, 2018
marvin906:
hahahahahha i can still remember when my bro got back from the UK
after completing hes masters
he vowed never to go back grin grin
things aint favorable for nigerian students there undecided undecided
That's what happens when you sturdy Biz admin as 1st degree or computer science . .If you do your homework trust me U will get a Job b4 U even finish .
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by erico2k2(m): 8:54am On Feb 24, 2018
uuzba:

That's how Nigerians think.
"I thought, I thought".
Meanwhile Oyibos are ever ready to collect all the money you have. Sell your father's village and use the money for UK fees. They won't still give your job.

Everything the OP said EXACTLY happened me. UK MSc degree. No job there.
Returned to Nigeria looking fro job up and down.
Oga what did you study ? Cos I'm working in the UK still after masters

1 Like

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by cooltola(m): 8:55am On Feb 24, 2018
Uk only want rich Nigerians to come

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Xisnin(m): 8:57am On Feb 24, 2018
Myopic people all wanting to reap where they did not sow.
If the British, Canadians and Australians have used greed to destroy their
economies nobody will be going there.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by ocelot2006(m): 8:59am On Feb 24, 2018
saouri:
Please don't come here and give anybody false hope!
We have personal experence. NOTHING is in the UK for a basic Nigerian.
They just want our school fees (economic contribution) which yields NO RETURNS
#StayWoke

To be fair, the UK only promised quality education for your fees, NOT a job. And yes I can relate to your experience. I also schooled in the UK (2xM.Sc) and I knew from the word go that there were little to zero opportunities there, especially after the global recession in 2008. So I opted to leave immediately after my 2nd M.Sc (I didn't even bother to attend my convocation). I guess I equally got too bored of the UK and also homesick.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by erico2k2(m): 9:00am On Feb 24, 2018
Xisnin:
Thank you jor .
They want the UK to employ mass com etc.when they have thier own employment problems . My advice to anyone who wants to study and work . Do your research . Study a course of which the UK have skill shortage . .If U do you will thank me later

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Conceptman: 9:01am On Feb 24, 2018
i gave up on UK long time ago.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by justi4jesu(f): 9:04am On Feb 24, 2018
smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by tiredoflife(m): 9:05am On Feb 24, 2018
So if school fees is paid in pounds
The naira will get stronger
What a dumb dumb
And the school will leave the money in the naira account undecided
They won't convert it to pounds and take it out
Some stupid thinking sha just to sound buy nija pay nija

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Onyenna(m): 9:06am On Feb 24, 2018
Bifrost:
But I thought the UK has relaxed it's laws with international students beginning this January with opportunities to stay back after graduation?

SCAM!
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by LadyJasper: 9:06am On Feb 24, 2018
Berliner1:
Uk is a dryland.

They are theifs and rogues who enjoy exploiting other countries like Nigeria, india etc.

Come to Germany(Free education and Numerous student jobs),Canada(Point base PR), Australia(Blood money wealth).

Uk government want your money but they hate you.

herzlich willkommen von deutschland.
Please why did you label Australia as blood money wealth?
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by marvin906(m): 9:11am On Feb 24, 2018
erico2k2:

That's what happens when you sturdy Biz admin as 1st degree or computer science . .If you do your homework trust me U will get a Job b4 U even finish .

whether you study biz or not
UK govt dont give a damn about you..
unless you graduated from an ivy league school there
even with that your not still safe..
for me am facing either ukraine or moscow very soon

1 Like

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by justwise(m): 9:14am On Feb 24, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Nobody: 9:15am On Feb 24, 2018
You clearly have no idea how demand for a currency affects the price.
Read more & #StayWoke

Do UK citizens pay in naira to get a Nigerian visa from inside the UK?
You must have missed your economics classes smiley

tiredoflife:
So if school fees is paid in pounds
The naira will get stronger
What a dumb dumb
And the school will leave the money in the naira account undecided
They won't convert it to pounds and take it out
Some stupid thinking sha just to sound buy nija pay nija

13 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by ipledge01: 9:15am On Feb 24, 2018
yeyerolling:
he cud hv lost it in business too na
7 million? I'll rather lose it in business than going to acquire one useless UK master. Entrepreneurship is the way to go, even secondary school holders are making it doing business. If I'm going to spend that much on school then they better be prepared to give me PR.
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by omoiyamayor(m): 9:15am On Feb 24, 2018
Have anyone ever thought about why they are desperate to leave the EU? I guess not. UK is targeted by most of the EU and being member of EU they can't equal rights with the rest,it's an agreement they had.let's be reasonable guys south Africa gives opportunity to SADC nations than to others.work on your ECOWAS or quit it

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Nobody: 9:18am On Feb 24, 2018
My fore Fathers sowed there...
Maybe not your's but mine did...

They are not lawless is the difference, but greedy?
Think again

Xisnin:

1 Like

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by SirLakes: 9:18am On Feb 24, 2018
Claps

Nice write up cool
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by afroxyz: 9:19am On Feb 24, 2018
Snappyfingaz:

Gbam!!! You just nailed it. Imagine a tiny space as UK where everyone wants to populate... If the UK was your house and you got everyone in a rush trying to come in where you have less space, won't you impose strict immigration laws? The country/region is theirs, whatever they like they will do with it, whoever they want to stay behind and wishes to stay behind will stay.

Why didn't they think of their small dry land when they were plundering and colonizing people round the globe? Why didn't they just take what they need. Abeg this your argument no follow. They must pay back

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by AreaFada2: 9:19am On Feb 24, 2018
Geetrix:

The country is not by force nau. Shebi, they didn't force you or me to go there, and if we're not happy, we can leave.
That's why we sign contracts, etc...
The one they are doing in Nigeria, is it any better? Just saying, we don't really have a say in the matter and that's just the way things are.

Personally, i never had money for post-graduate studies and if my intention was to go and get a job, i would research very well. But most Nigerians know, but just go with faith! But Faith is more of a Nigerian thing in believing Faith will sort out our problems....Faith can work, but me i am a doubting Thomas and will over research before jumping into the ocean to hunt for Fish
My brother I wonder o. Nobody owes us anything. We've had nearly 60 years to get our house in order but we didn't. I remember the days when we had some Pakistani foreign students who rented a flat in our street. They came from Pakistan to 9ja to study. If we decided to retrogress, na our wahala.
I have been telling people for about ten years to only come to UK to study and return home. There were already signs things would get tougher then.
If UK could vote to leave EU primarily to avoid EU migrants (about 95% are their fellow Caucasians), why do you think they send any darkie any message? shocked shocked

18 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Nobody: 9:20am On Feb 24, 2018
HOSTILE is the word!!!
Lucky you to have gotten there much earlier...

claremont:
I agree with the OP. The UK immigration policies are increasingly hostile to international students, but don't forget, this is a country that voted for Brexit. The vote for Brexit showed that the hostility expressed towards immigrants isn't just directed at non-EU immigrants, it's directed at EU immigrants as well. The average white British has an inglorious reputation of being cold and unwelcoming, but always with an artificial smile on their faces.

Unfortunately, the current conservative government has closed all the measures put together by the previous Labour government to encourage international student to stay after their studies. I came to the UK as a naive international student in 2009, and in 2011, I got my 2 year post-study visa. In 2015, I got my British passport on the back of an immigration pathway introduced by the previous Labour government. The pathway I used circa 2009-2015 has since been closed. The 2 year post-study visa which I enjoyed in 2011 after my studies was the first to be abolished.

Personally, I wouldn't encourage any international student to come to the UK for now. We are hoping that the current government will crash very soon, so that a new Labour government can come in to revamp the current immigration system and make it less hostile to students. If you read the Labour party immigration policy statement as set out by Diane Abbott, you will find that enshrined in there is a commitment to ensure that there is a streamlined immigration pathway for international students to naturalize easily.
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Nobody: 9:20am On Feb 24, 2018
Canada and Australia have better opportunities and their immigration policies accepts skilled labour from any country.
Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by justwise(m): 9:20am On Feb 24, 2018
@saouri

Did you study in the UK? If yes..what year?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Nobody: 9:21am On Feb 24, 2018
saouri:
If you check Google, you will find the list of countries.
I deliberately did not list any countries because before you know it, they too may cut us off.

But I know one country in particular that is growing it's workforce and needs skilled and educated people to move ahead.

You all know it too ☺

Seek and you will find �
whisper the name of the country to my ears, I swear I won't tell anyone

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by Berliner1: 9:23am On Feb 24, 2018
LadyJasper:

Please why did you label Australia as blood money wealth?

Because its a wealthy country.
Unlike our country, the wealth is well distributed among the resident.

I have Germans in my apartment who goes there to work and the feedback was positive.

I also know a nairalander who study in Switzerland migrated to Aussie..We compare our payslip etc the pay is fine there.

Also from my personal research, they have highest minimum wage in the world. When I said blood money country, am sure about it.

Its damn expensive, but u also get the cheque.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! by CastedAyo: 9:23am On Feb 24, 2018
Please what about South Korea

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa / Abiriba, 'Small London': Luxurious Abia Town Put On Display (Photos, Video) / Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.