Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

Honda CRV RPM Fluctuates And Jerks - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda CRV RPM Fluctuates And Jerks (1243 Views)

My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating / Car Too Fluctuates On Its Own / 7 Reasons Why Car Jerks When Accelerating (2) (3) (4)

Honda CRV RPM Fluctuates And Jerks by egokanwa(f): 10:53am On Feb 22, 2018
Good morning Oga Gazzuzz and other Car gurus in the house.

I have an Honda CRV, auto, 2001, the car rpm needle fluctuates, rev by itself and car jerks while on idle, also the CEL comes on and goes off too. My mechanic has changed the fuel pump, air filter, clean the throttle body and injector yet the problem still persist..

Please what is the wag out as I am not enjoying the Car again.
Thanks as I await your prompt feedback/suggestion.

CC: Gazzuzz, King reign, Nurey, Mayor, Chukel, Timifakay, Thebigkendo
Re: Honda CRV RPM Fluctuates And Jerks by chukel(m): 2:42pm On Feb 22, 2018
Scan first and come with codes. Your idle air control valve maybe bad.
Re: Honda CRV RPM Fluctuates And Jerks by thebigkendo(m): 3:00pm On Feb 22, 2018
egokanwa:

I have an Honda CRV, auto, 2001, the car rpm needle fluctuates, rev by itself and car jerks while on idle, also the CEL comes on and goes off too. My mechanic has changed the fuel pump, air filter, clean the throttle body and injector yet the problem still persist..

CC: Ga.zzuzz, Kingreign, Nurey, Mayor2013, Chukel, Timifakay, The.bigkendo luvinhubby honmusa

Do you mean the CEL is blinking? Have you scanned the car? If yes what codes did it throw?

NB: Iyam not a car guru oh, Still begging GAZZUZZ take me in for PAID apprenticeship grin grin
Re: Honda CRV RPM Fluctuates And Jerks by chukel(m): 3:15pm On Feb 22, 2018
Flashing CEL usually means serious misfire. Is it flashing or is the CEL intermittent. Just scan and get us codes. I'm just a demeanour not a car guru.
Re: Honda CRV RPM Fluctuates And Jerks by egokanwa(f): 3:26pm On Feb 22, 2018
@ Chukel and thebigkendo, yes, the CEL pops up intermittently. I will scan tomorrow and revert back with the codes.
Thanks and God bless you
Re: Honda CRV RPM Fluctuates And Jerks by scarplanet(m): 2:13am On Feb 24, 2018
egokanwa:

CC: Gazzuzz, King reign, Nurey, Mayor, Chukel, Timifakay, Thebigkendo

This mighr sound hilarious, but a look at your plugs and plug coils might solve the problem

Re: Honda CRV RPM Fluctuates And Jerks by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:04pm On Feb 24, 2018
scarplanet:

This mighr sound hilarious, but a look at your plugs and plug coils might solve the problem

scanning is way way less tedious than checking plugs and ignition coils. Oyibo has made it easier, let's enjoy easy.... and WORK SOFT and SMART.

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Gls / 1999 Renault Megane / Stuck N19m Range Rover SUV Pulled Out From Sea After A 2day Rescue Mission