Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

Chelsea Vs Stoke City [7 - 0] On Sunday, 25th April - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Vs Stoke City [7 - 0] On Sunday, 25th April (4658 Views)

Poll: Will side will get 3 points?

Chelsea: 90% (9 votes)
Stoke City: 0% (0 votes)
Neither; they'll get a point each: 10% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Europa League: Basel Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 25th April 2013 / Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich (2 - 1 ) On 25th April 2012 / Man United (5) Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2) On Sat 25th April (2) (3) (4)

Chelsea Vs Stoke City [7 - 0] On Sunday, 25th April by Cristalz(f): 8:55pm On Apr 24, 2010
Chelsea striker Didier Drogba has called on the fans to give them a final title push as Manchester United piled the pressure back on the Blues with a 3-1 victory over Tottenham at Old Trafford.
The win put United back on top of the Barclays Premier League by two points but Chelsea will go back to the summit by a single point if they can overcome Stoke at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.
Chelsea's players have spent much of the week getting over their 2-1 reverse by Tottenham last weekend but they have the best home record in the top flight with only five points dropped from 17 games.
Carlo Ancelotti's side have won all three matches since the Manchester City reverse with 12 goals scored and two conceded and Drogba knows how important the home fans can be.

Defender Shawcross is back in Stoke's squad for their tough trip to Stamford Bridge.
He has been out since late February after being sent-off against Arsenal for the tackle which ended Aaron Ramsey's season, and then an ankle problem for himself.
Now he has just four games left to force his way into Fabio Capello's thinking, having been called up for the last England match.
The former Manchester United youngster is not even sure he will be in Pulis' starting line-up at Stamford Bridge, with the Potteries boss unsure of using the defender from the start in such a high-profile match.

Pulis says: "He has trained well all week and is certainly in contention, but I have not decided yet whether to put him straight into the side."

However, that reluctance does not affect Pulis' opinion of the player. He said: "Ryan is one of the best young players in the Premier League in his position, no-one will convince me otherwise.''

ESPN
This is a must-win match for Chelsea if they desire to regain top spot on the table.
Re: Chelsea Vs Stoke City [7 - 0] On Sunday, 25th April by Ibime(m): 9:07pm On Apr 24, 2010
John Terry's ability to organise the defence to deal with Delaps throws may be crucial. Unfortunately he's suspended. Alex and Ivanovic are just too quiet for matches like this one.

9 points out of 9 is the bare minimum we expect starting with Stoke. Abeg make una warn Ancelotti for me oh! I am already half-resigned to losing the league against the weakest competition we have ever faced for the title.
Re: Chelsea Vs Stoke City [7 - 0] On Sunday, 25th April by Cristalz(f): 10:28pm On Apr 24, 2010
Solution to a shaky defense is a strong attack.
Chelsea simply have to outscore Stoke, thatz all.
Re: Chelsea Vs Stoke City [7 - 0] On Sunday, 25th April by abrahym(m): 5:39am On Apr 25, 2010
draw all the way
Re: Chelsea Vs Stoke City [7 - 0] On Sunday, 25th April by JoeGaruba: 5:59am On Apr 25, 2010
I am a Man U fan but I dont have a doubt that Chelsick will unload on Stoke. Transferred aggression.

Re: Chelsea Vs Stoke City [7 - 0] On Sunday, 25th April by tkb417(m): 8:57am On Apr 25, 2010
I don't care what happens here
Pool and Chelsea will end in score draw
Re: Chelsea Vs Stoke City [7 - 0] On Sunday, 25th April by Digriz(m): 11:08am On Apr 25, 2010
i will be the happiest man if chelsea draws this match .
Re: Chelsea Vs Stoke City [7 - 0] On Sunday, 25th April by RichDad1(m): 12:06pm On Apr 25, 2010
Digriz:

i will be the happiest man if chelsea draws this match .
its better you start consolling urself now 'cos we are getting maximum points.manure fans dream on,
Re: Chelsea Vs Stoke City [7 - 0] On Sunday, 25th April by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 25, 2010
Rich Dad:

its better you start consolling urself now 'cos we are getting maximum points.manure fans dream on,
just help me tell 'em , cos am tired of 'em
Re: Chelsea Vs Stoke City [7 - 0] On Sunday, 25th April by Digriz(m): 12:36pm On Apr 25, 2010
You blues fans has more presure than us coz any slip wl be over for you guys.
Re: Chelsea Vs Stoke City [7 - 0] On Sunday, 25th April by nateevs(m): 2:07pm On Apr 25, 2010
tkb417:

I don't care what happens here
Pool and Chelsea will end in score draw

You are not tired of this crap yet.
I predict you will bang your head come next Sunday evening.
Re: Chelsea Vs Stoke City [7 - 0] On Sunday, 25th April by cabali(m): 2:29pm On Apr 25, 2010
This is not the game to get a hard on over.

'POOL!!!!! angry shocked

This is because I doubt we will be able to beat them the way we are at the moment.
Re: Chelsea Vs Stoke City [7 - 0] On Sunday, 25th April by HIROSHI: 2:54pm On Apr 25, 2010
Victory for the Blues cannot be compromised at this time. Not now, not at any point in the next three matches!
Re: Chelsea Vs Stoke City [7 - 0] On Sunday, 25th April by FBS: 3:05pm On Apr 25, 2010
Chelsea!
Re: Chelsea Vs Stoke City [7 - 0] On Sunday, 25th April by nateevs(m): 3:07pm On Apr 25, 2010
cabali:

This is not the game to get a hard on over.

'POOL!!!!!  angry shocked

This is because I doubt we will be able to beat them the way we are at the moment.

Cabali,

A few weeks we were not supposed to be where we are now.
A few weeks ago, some people would have bet their lives we will never beat ManU at OT.
And that assumption was all based on the form.
Yet we surpassed all expectation.

Nothing . . absolutely nothing stops us from beating Liverpool especially when we have to.
Liverpool don't want to wake knowing ManU have gone past their record 18 times of winning the prem.
Liverpool know if they win, ManU win 19.
I keep saying this but people don't believe this.

It's strange, but it's what's going down on the streets.
If the scouscers ever wanted Benitez to tinker with the team, it's next week.
Call me mad but the only matches we have to worry about are today's and Wigan at SB where we win the league.

Keep the faith bro. You've come this far.
Re: Chelsea Vs Stoke City [7 - 0] On Sunday, 25th April by FBS: 3:31pm On Apr 25, 2010
Chelsea: Cech, Paulo Ferreira, Ivanovic, Alex, Ashley Cole, Lampard, Ballack, Malouda, Kalou, Drogba, Anelka.
Subs: Hilario, Joe Cole, Zhirkov, Sturridge, Belletti, Hutchinson, Van Aanholt.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/8642334.stm
Re: Chelsea Vs Stoke City [7 - 0] On Sunday, 25th April by nateevs(m): 3:58pm On Apr 25, 2010
Drogba starts again?
It's going to be another struggle.

Carlotti thinks the antidote to teams like Bolton and Stoke is to play Drogba.
Re: Chelsea Vs Stoke City [7 - 0] On Sunday, 25th April by nateevs(m): 4:00pm On Apr 25, 2010
The only good news is that we have Ashley and Malouda on the left.
Re: Chelsea Vs Stoke City [7 - 0] On Sunday, 25th April by Ibime(m): 4:01pm On Apr 25, 2010
The presence of Kalou on the teamsheet indicates we are gonna play imprecise football today. Its bad enough with Drogba misplacing passes. . . . add Deco's absence and Kalou's poor decision making to the mix, and this is not the type of footie that makes me comfortable against a team like Stoke. . . .
Re: Chelsea Vs Stoke City [7 - 0] On Sunday, 25th April by Sauron1: 4:03pm On Apr 25, 2010
When will Drogba improve his first touch. . . . .It's so embarrassing!
Re: Chelsea Vs Stoke City [7 - 0] On Sunday, 25th April by Nobody: 4:04pm On Apr 25, 2010
hello every body, am in cool
Re: Chelsea Vs Stoke City [7 - 0] On Sunday, 25th April by nateevs(m): 4:05pm On Apr 25, 2010
I can only hope win scrap out the 3 points.
If we get a decent performance, it's a bonus.

Everything's wrong.  Kalou upfront, Malouda in midfield, Deco asbsent, Terry absent and Lampard on the right of midfield.
Re: Chelsea Vs Stoke City [7 - 0] On Sunday, 25th April by jalether(m): 4:05pm On Apr 25, 2010
Just 3 mins into the game and he has already lost possession X2
Re: Chelsea Vs Stoke City [7 - 0] On Sunday, 25th April by Sauron1: 4:07pm On Apr 25, 2010
Fuller just sodomised Ivanovic. . . . . .Are Chelsea players brain-damaged?
Re: Chelsea Vs Stoke City [7 - 0] On Sunday, 25th April by Borat1: 4:10pm On Apr 25, 2010
Keep looking for Drogba's misplaced passes, me i'm looking forward to his brace. . .
Re: Chelsea Vs Stoke City [7 - 0] On Sunday, 25th April by Nobody: 4:11pm On Apr 25, 2010
~Borat~:

Keep looking for Drogba's misplaced passes, me i'm looking forward to his brace. . .
cool cool
Re: Chelsea Vs Stoke City [7 - 0] On Sunday, 25th April by Sauron1: 4:12pm On Apr 25, 2010
What a shot from Lampard!!!
Re: Chelsea Vs Stoke City [7 - 0] On Sunday, 25th April by nateevs(m): 4:13pm On Apr 25, 2010
Just look at Kalou.
Dude never has a problem getting into interesting positions.
He never does anything when he does.
Re: Chelsea Vs Stoke City [7 - 0] On Sunday, 25th April by nateevs(m): 4:13pm On Apr 25, 2010
For a moment, I wished that was Drogba.
Re: Chelsea Vs Stoke City [7 - 0] On Sunday, 25th April by Sauron1: 4:14pm On Apr 25, 2010
nateevs:

Just look at Kalou.
Dude never has a problem getting into interesting positions.
He never does anything when he does.

From a standing position, he's one of the best dribblers in this league.
Kalou can beat any defender with ease but he does nothing with it.
Re: Chelsea Vs Stoke City [7 - 0] On Sunday, 25th April by nateevs(m): 4:20pm On Apr 25, 2010
How did the ref miss the penalty?
Re: Chelsea Vs Stoke City [7 - 0] On Sunday, 25th April by jalether(m): 4:21pm On Apr 25, 2010
Great effort by dd

Chelsea Vs Rubin Kazan: Europa League (3-1) on 4th April, 2013 / Chelsea Plans N11.3m Weekly Pay For Mikel / Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)