Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,386 members, 7,808,364 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

Marriage? If It Doesn't Feel Right, It Probably Isn't - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage? If It Doesn't Feel Right, It Probably Isn't (414 Views)

"I Would Have Stayed In My Marriage If I Had Kids"- Toke Makinwa / Please What's The Essence Of Marriage If I End Up Like This? / I’m Having Great Sex With My Boss But Something Just Doesn’t Feel Right... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Marriage? If It Doesn't Feel Right, It Probably Isn't by Faithola(f): 12:34am On Feb 23, 2018
Writer’s bloc is a reality especially when you’re constantly writing on particular issues. In this case, I try to write to especially women about relationships using experiences I have gathered over the years personally and from others.
However, it could get monotonous if there’s no dialogue.
I asked in an Instagram post for ideas on what to write about next and one of the ladies wrote ‘A lot of girls are scared of marriage or the idea of going into one because of the high increase in domestic violence. Could you kindly write something encouraging to assure them all marriages are not the same and also how to recognize an abusive partner before committing to for better, for worse’

The words ‘Will you marry me?’ then the diamond ring has been glamourized over time as the ‘Proposal’ for Marriage. In reality, though that is not the proposal and should not be the proposal but just the window dressing of the processes as it were. It was so aptly put in another post I read on Instagram that said ‘I don’t think the four words and the diamond is the proposal’ ‘Every act once you meet is the proposal’ and this quote informs my post now.
Marriage between two agreeable adults can be a very beautiful journey, so beautiful in fact that one can recommend that everyone goes through it. But having said that it is also a very difficult and strange journey not to be undertaken lightly especially if one wants to honour that ‘ till death do us part’ of the oath to one another.

So you need to realize every action once you and your intended get together is the question, the proposal that.
‘Are you prepared to be with me forever based on what you see’?

What do you see when you go out? How does he behave? Does it make you proud you’re out with him or is he a source of embarrassment? Are you proud to be beside him and is he your good fun? I say ‘your good fun’ cos it is a very subjective thing. How is he especially with those who offer him a service? Is he a ‘Get me a drink’ kind of person? Or does he treat those who serve him with respect? I once heard of a guy who sent out for kidney suya and he proceeded to count the pieces in order to ascertain the person sent was not a thief; he haggled to make his point that the pieces were not complete to a totally embarrassed date. The irony was he wasn’t even picking up the bill! #Nightmare This kind of man is offering you stinginess cloaked on the pretext of accountability and he has serious trust issues. You will have a frustrating life always trying to convince him everyone including you, is not always trying to outsmart him. #goodluck.

(1) (Reply)

Why? / #bbnaija2018 Vandora Gave Dee One A Lap Dance Sensation / Sex Is Not Everything In A Woman’s Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.