Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,767 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

Video & Pictures Of Desire Oparanozie’s Rocket Goal Against Paris Last Saturday - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Video & Pictures Of Desire Oparanozie’s Rocket Goal Against Paris Last Saturday (17463 Views)

Hope Uzodimma Receives Desire Oparanozie, Chiamaka Nnadozie, Osinachi Ohale / Launching Of Desire Oparanozie Foundation: Chioma Ajunwa, Pawpaw & Others Attend / Pictures Of Desire Oparanozie And Osita Iheme (Pawpaw) At The 2017 DNC Unity Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video & Pictures Of Desire Oparanozie’s Rocket Goal Against Paris Last Saturday by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:23am On Feb 23, 2018
naptu2:

@ bold, I call it the "Stadium illusion".

I attended a match a long time ago in which the stadium was almost three-quarters full. I took pictures during the game and posted it on the internet. Someone who saw the pictures was complaining that the stadium was empty. His complaint made me angry, but I looked at the picture again and understood what happened.

I'm going to explain this using Nigerian terms.

Stadiums usually have a covered or VIP section, two sections behind the goals and a fourth section that is known as "Popular Side" in Nigerian English.

The covered section usually has the best seats and is usually closer to the main entrance, while the Popular Side usually has the worst seats and is usually further away from the main entrance.

Most people prefer to sit near the VIP section, especially when the tickets are not too expensive.

I was seated in the State Box, which is in the covered section, 90% of the spectators were also seated in the covered section, but my camera was facing the Popular Side which was empty. Therefore it looked as if the stadium was empty, even though it was not.

It seems to be the same scenario here, because you can hear the chants of the supporters, which means that the stadium is not empty.
Of course I perfectly understand that the stadium can never be empty.
When I meant empty, I mean very limited attendance, maybe for logistics effect, the organizers wanted everyone at one side.
I still prefer spectators seated at back of goalpost, remember those days at Onikan, when we will swap seats at half time to intimidate visiting team. grin
Re: Video & Pictures Of Desire Oparanozie’s Rocket Goal Against Paris Last Saturday by Abogwara: 9:49am On Feb 23, 2018
Wonders do happen in female soccer
Re: Video & Pictures Of Desire Oparanozie’s Rocket Goal Against Paris Last Saturday by YOUNGELDER1(m): 9:53am On Feb 23, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
Women sports. Dem too dey shout, from tennis to football

I swear too much noise
Re: Video & Pictures Of Desire Oparanozie’s Rocket Goal Against Paris Last Saturday by Emytea(m): 9:57am On Feb 23, 2018
Innocenty1love:
Nice one gloria, keep it up
them say desire you say gloria, Na wao, i guess you are from Ebonyi state
Re: Video & Pictures Of Desire Oparanozie’s Rocket Goal Against Paris Last Saturday by shallysgirl: 10:48am On Feb 23, 2018
Stadium so empty.
Abeg women, let support female football.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Everton Confirm Frank Lampard As New Manager (Photos) / MFM Women’s Basketball Club Wins 2023 Zenith Women’s Basketball League(pics) / Senegal Are AFCON 2021 Champions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.