Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,830 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack (36439 Views)

Salman Rushdie goes into Hiding After brutal Attack, Loses An Eye And An Arm / Shinzo Abe, Japan's PM Resigns For Health Reason / Qassem Soleimani's Hand Before And After The Attack (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by Explorers(m): 9:05am On Feb 23, 2018
The armed deputy who was on campus at Marjory Stoneman Douglas high school when a gunman massacred 17 people stood outside the building as it occurred and did not go in to engage the shooter, the Broward County sheriff, Scott Israel, said on Thursday.

The armed security guard did nothing to stop the attack, instead hiding from gunman Nikolas Cruz when he opened fire, killing 17 on February 14.

Scot Peterson, the school's resource officer, did not confront the gunman and instead stood positioned outside the school during the massacre, Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel said Thursday.

The 54-year-old 'never went in,' Israel explained, citing security footage, and adding that he was armed and in uniform when bullets started to fly.

And in an interview with the New York Times, Coral Springs Officer Tim Burton revealed Peterson hid from Cruz when the teenager started shooting.

Deputy Scott Peterson resigned from the department on Thursday after being told he would be suspended, Israel said.

He did not say if Peterson would face criminal charges.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/feb/22/stoneman-douglas-shooting-armed-guard-did-not-go-in
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5424549/Schools-armed-officer-never-went-shooting.html

1 Share

Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by Nobody: 9:11am On Feb 23, 2018
The guy shouldn't feel that bad, Nigerian Police do that all the time and get promoted LOL

330 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by Evablizin(f): 9:11am On Feb 23, 2018
shocked

He did well.

8 Likes

Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:17am On Feb 23, 2018
Scot Peterson you did well abeg, life no get duplicate..

#IStandWithScotPeterson

157 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by Aldebaran(m): 9:17am On Feb 23, 2018
I believe his uniform was still on while hiding...

But for naija,even a top police officer would remove his top and leave his trousers pretending to be a civilian grin

190 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by elgramz: 9:25am On Feb 23, 2018
The guy didn't hide, he was just doing a tactical manoeuvre....... At least that's what I would say if I were him

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by thunder74(m): 9:39am On Feb 23, 2018
if na Naija, he will be promoted especially if he is from N....... or a F ....man

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by Nobody: 11:07am On Feb 23, 2018
grin

So police do hide in that Country

Poor country

19 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by Nobody: 11:07am On Feb 23, 2018
Who no go hide for that kin situation na?!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by rxmusa(m): 11:08am On Feb 23, 2018
shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by WebSurfer(m): 11:08am On Feb 23, 2018
If na you

1 Like

Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by Omeokachie: 11:08am On Feb 23, 2018
But here...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by Omololu2121: 11:08am On Feb 23, 2018
If nah nija,he will take off his uniform

4 Likes

Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by amiibaby(f): 11:08am On Feb 23, 2018
Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by buffalowings4: 11:08am On Feb 23, 2018
Life is lived but once cool

You don't get to re-spawn after death like in video games. cool

Confronting an insane guy with a semi automatic all alone?

Sorry I will pass. cool

I have kids I want to see get married.

I want grandkids to hold in my hands

I have a wife I'll like to keep warm every night

They say life isn't a bed of roses
But these are moments that make it worthwhile. cool

I die today confronting that loose canon
Before the end of the year there will be another even bigger shooting
So what's the point.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by Jaymaxxy(m): 11:09am On Feb 23, 2018
Guy, naija policeman go change uniform asap in that situation.

1 Like

Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by temitemi1(m): 11:09am On Feb 23, 2018
This how normal society function...

1 Like

Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by HeyCorleone(m): 11:09am On Feb 23, 2018
That is why the white race would always be superior. They have this sense of dignity and shame that is quite alien to this clime.

This is a mere school security officer resigning for failure to perform his duties. That can never happen here. Even a police man can't try it. Resign? His premise would be "I no come this world come die". And it's quite sad. .

So many reasons to be ashamed of this country. Anyone who tells you they are proud is lying or insane.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by massinola(m): 11:10am On Feb 23, 2018
Does bullet recognize the chief security officer? My man, go home and rest joor. Life no get duplicate. Grasscutter protected it's life and that's why it became a big one

3 Likes

Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by congorasta: 11:10am On Feb 23, 2018
people with integrity. unlike Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by rawpadgin(m): 11:10am On Feb 23, 2018
U wan use akwa made take face person wey carry assault rifle? grin

But naija is really a cursed country o. Was watching CNN town hall meeting with the students & senator rubio

Omo, see as 17, 18 & even 16year old children dey bombard senator with questions grin grin grin

That na country wey dey enjoy democracy

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by Anikulhapo(m): 11:10am On Feb 23, 2018
You Only Live Once
Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by Mouthgag: 11:10am On Feb 23, 2018
Nice.
Those are people with conscience.

Not like the Daura President and burutai and his boys that massacred thousands of Shia Muslims in kaduna.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by bomasek(m): 11:10am On Feb 23, 2018
If he don't have a vantage position, that's the only wise tin to do

2 Likes

Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by tayo200(m): 11:11am On Feb 23, 2018
sharp man.. e get wife and children at home too nah
Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by congorasta: 11:11am On Feb 23, 2018
elgramz:
The guy didn't hide, he was just doing a tactical manoeuvre....... At least that's what I would say if I were him

he is not stupid, unlike you

3 Likes

Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by thedondada(m): 11:11am On Feb 23, 2018
Lol.

He acted out of fear for his life.

He wasn't properly trained though you can't expect a security guard at a school to act like a marine.

What he did was shameful cos he was armed and supposed to protect the kids with his life if necessary that's what he signed for.

However in our country the police will be On top of the situation as investigations are on going.

That would be the end of the story.

In other news

Girls were kidnapped from a school and they cannot even tell how many are missing they are all wringing thier hands.

How on earth do they register them for external examinations. This country is cursed

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by free2ryhme: 11:12am On Feb 23, 2018
Explorers:
The armed deputy who was on campus at Marjory Stoneman Douglas high school when a gunman massacred 17 people stood outside the building as it occurred and did not go in to engage the shooter, the Broward County sheriff, Scott Israel, said on Thursday.

The armed security guard did nothing to stop the attack, instead hiding from gunman Nikolas Cruz when he opened fire, killing 17 on February 14.

Scot Peterson, the school's resource officer, did not confront the gunman and instead stood positioned outside the school during the massacre, Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel said Thursday.

The 54-year-old 'never went in,' Israel explained, citing security footage, and adding that he was armed and in uniform when bullets started to fly.

And in an interview with the New York Times, Coral Springs Officer Tim Burton revealed Peterson hid from Cruz when the teenager started shooting.

Deputy Scott Peterson resigned from the department on Thursday after being told he would be suspended, Israel said.

He did not say if Peterson would face criminal charges.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/feb/22/stoneman-douglas-shooting-armed-guard-did-not-go-in
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5424549/Schools-armed-officer-never-went-shooting.html

He was in Uniform. He was Armed. He was taking $100,000 per annum. But was a First Class Coward.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas / Israel Vows 'Stronger Response' After Shooting Down Iranian Drones And Missiles / Massive Fire Outbreak In Ajman Market, UAE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.