Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,556 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

10 Car Repair Safety Rules You Should Not Overlook - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 10 Car Repair Safety Rules You Should Not Overlook (9133 Views)

Inter-state Travelling Safety Rules / Top 10 Car Dealers In Nigeria You Can Rely On / Top 10 Car Sounds That Should Never Be Neglected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Car Repair Safety Rules You Should Not Overlook by autojosh: 10:02am On Feb 23, 2018
Are you doing some basic maintenance on your car? Are you a professional mechanic?

This post is a very important one for you. Even if the above mentioned is not your field, you can still find this post helpful at a point in your life.

These safety methods are to avoid damage to yourself, to your automobile, and to be prepared in case of any mishap.

1. As you are working on your vehicle, don’t smoke

2. Before you jack your car, make sure that the wheels are properly locked. Use wedge if possible.

3. Allow the part of the engine you want to work on to cool off in order to avoid burns.

4. Ensure the gear lever is in Park or Neutral and the engine is off before working on your car. This rule can be broken if the car has to be running for you to do work.

5. Use insulated tools for electrical work. Kazeem rewire no go hear this one.

6. Take off accessories such as rings, long necklaces, hoodie with long neck ropes. For the ladies, tie back long hair.

7. If you’re using toxic chemicals such as coolant to work, avoid every possible contact with its content and you mouth and eyes. Store them out of reach of children.

8. Always keep a fire extinguisher handy

9. Work in a very well ventilated area. Work outdoors if possible. If the work must be done in a garage, make sure you keep the doors and windows open. Keep the vehicle close to the door as possible.

10. Always have these tips in mind.

Don’t put your life or your safety on the line.

https://autojosh.com/10-car-repair-safety-rules-not-overlook/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

6 Likes

Re: 10 Car Repair Safety Rules You Should Not Overlook by 9jaPromo(f): 10:10am On Feb 23, 2018
Trust naija mechanic!
Oga before u eat finish ur car go dey ok...
Until next month

2 Likes

Re: 10 Car Repair Safety Rules You Should Not Overlook by amiibaby(f): 7:11am On Feb 24, 2018
Thanks
Re: 10 Car Repair Safety Rules You Should Not Overlook by lordsharks(m): 7:12am On Feb 24, 2018
nice tips, without no 1, u might set it on flames
Re: 10 Car Repair Safety Rules You Should Not Overlook by SIMPLYkush: 7:12am On Feb 24, 2018
No 1 tip for me is to always have a sexy lady sucking my balls as i cruize

1 Like

Re: 10 Car Repair Safety Rules You Should Not Overlook by gerrardomendes(m): 7:12am On Feb 24, 2018
OK sir
Re: 10 Car Repair Safety Rules You Should Not Overlook by skubido(m): 7:12am On Feb 24, 2018
Ok. God bless naija
Re: 10 Car Repair Safety Rules You Should Not Overlook by OboOlora(f): 7:15am On Feb 24, 2018
Nice one autojosh! U create more educative threads than some other myopic ‘kazeems’ on this section who just come here to boast about their 1990 car workshops and advertise their 5th hand Agege-used tiny lights cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 10 Car Repair Safety Rules You Should Not Overlook by Olarajee(m): 7:16am On Feb 24, 2018
Risky photo up there.
Re: 10 Car Repair Safety Rules You Should Not Overlook by chimchim1(m): 7:25am On Feb 24, 2018
Very true

1 Like

Re: 10 Car Repair Safety Rules You Should Not Overlook by Kobicove(m): 7:26am On Feb 24, 2018
An average Nigerian will still not take precautions when necessary cos he believes that "Accidents are not his portion" undecided

1 Like

Re: 10 Car Repair Safety Rules You Should Not Overlook by Helpfromabove1(m): 7:42am On Feb 24, 2018
very risky photo, shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: 10 Car Repair Safety Rules You Should Not Overlook by femi4: 8:02am On Feb 24, 2018
Some of them even use candle to work
Re: 10 Car Repair Safety Rules You Should Not Overlook by bravo269(m): 8:25am On Feb 24, 2018
Contact in bio for car sale and purchase
Re: 10 Car Repair Safety Rules You Should Not Overlook by kokomaster3d: 8:52am On Feb 24, 2018
Always disconnect your battery before any electrical repair.
Re: 10 Car Repair Safety Rules You Should Not Overlook by Tammynator(m): 9:53am On Feb 24, 2018
Talk about jacking of cars? Well, let me also add, it has to be on a 'trusted' firm sufrface. I jacked my car on a sandy ground using a block to support, the block broke and the jack tilted dangerously. I went to call a mechanic straightaway. After everthing, my speedometer stopped moving, my car could not enter second gear and it cost me 15k to fix the transmission. Speedometer still not moving though. I just park the thing for compound.

1 Like

Re: 10 Car Repair Safety Rules You Should Not Overlook by Temidayo9(m): 1:08pm On Feb 24, 2018
No 8 is very important..

(1) (Reply)

We Will Seize Vehicles That Drive Against Traffic Until End Of Christmas - FRSC / AA Rescue Driving School Scam / Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.