Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,095 members, 7,807,270 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

FG Threatens To Withdraw Funding For Bonny-bodo Road Due To Lack Of Cooperation - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Threatens To Withdraw Funding For Bonny-bodo Road Due To Lack Of Cooperation (16327 Views)

FG Threatens To Dismiss Workers Leaking Official Documents / Is This Not Bonny - Bodo Road At 70% Completion By The Last Administration? / Osinbajo Commissions The Construction Of Bonny-Bodo Road In Rivers State (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Threatens To Withdraw Funding For Bonny-bodo Road Due To Lack Of Cooperation by Imo1stson: 3:11pm On Feb 23, 2018
That's what has been stalling development in most Niger Delta communities. Let me leak one secret to Nairalanders. Those elders are evil men that thrive in deceiving the people as they prefer LNG give them 30 billion cash and leave the road. They will share 20 billion among themselves and obtain international scholarship for their immediate children and then use the remaining 10 billion to purchase arms for militants with paltry sum of 1million shared per family.
Re: FG Threatens To Withdraw Funding For Bonny-bodo Road Due To Lack Of Cooperation by 12submarine(m): 3:12pm On Feb 23, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

So stick to what you know. The Banana Plantation in Ogoni was over 2,000 hectares of farming land.
Can you now tell me how I refused to stick to what I know. Or are you telling me that because Ogoni in Rivers has over 2000 hectares of Plantation, the govt can empower them with farming while deltans should go to hell?
Re: FG Threatens To Withdraw Funding For Bonny-bodo Road Due To Lack Of Cooperation by waveman2: 3:20pm On Feb 23, 2018
OK your friend from Abuja got contract to come and build structure in the nigerdelta. Was the contract advertised and how was it awarded? Or was it just by man no man after settling some persons. The is why did Abuja thing is not just working and we would continue to create these monsters by our actions. Militancy is a monster created by the federal government so they should deal with it.

Yyeske:
It is this same people that would start complaining that oil companies are setting up their headquarters in Lagos and leaving their region when they'll never stop this nonsense.
I remembered years back when a friend based in Abuja was awarded a contract from the FG to build some structures around Warri area, he had to pay deve before he could mobilize to sight.
Re: FG Threatens To Withdraw Funding For Bonny-bodo Road Due To Lack Of Cooperation by gare(f): 3:38pm On Feb 23, 2018
lofty900:
Let government withdraw the funding. We Niger deltans are the laziest people in this country. Bring good projects to the community and stupid, good for nothing youths will demand compensation before the project will be done. No difference between them and almajiris because they'll continue to suffer

very much on point, if we dont stop this i wonder how development can come to us

1 Like

Re: FG Threatens To Withdraw Funding For Bonny-bodo Road Due To Lack Of Cooperation by banio: 3:39pm On Feb 23, 2018
lofty900:
Let government withdraw the funding. We Niger deltans are the laziest people in this country. Bring good projects to the community and stupid, good for nothing youths will demand compensation before the project will be done. No difference between them and almajiris because they'll continue to suffer

Do U know this your act is treason.
Re: FG Threatens To Withdraw Funding For Bonny-bodo Road Due To Lack Of Cooperation by BuBBley(f): 3:39pm On Feb 23, 2018
I don't get what this Fashola man is saying, now it has got to Niger Delta its one issue or the other, pls Federal Government shd do the right thing. Compensate those whose homes were affected, follow the right survey route and release Your own funding, abeg. It is only Nlng that has released their own part of the budget. That project must go ahead.
Re: FG Threatens To Withdraw Funding For Bonny-bodo Road Due To Lack Of Cooperation by babaztee: 3:42pm On Feb 23, 2018
Niger Delta people with particular reference to Rivers State is backward in their thinking. Many infrastructural development initiated by individual concern have been stalled just because of pecuniary and frivolous demands by the indigent. I have never seen this kind of people in any place of the world. Someone wand to develop your place and you are demanding for money before such could be done. This is crazy! There are many places in other parts of the country that need development, i think the Federal government should direct their efforts to such places and leave this crazy, lazy people to continue in their ignorance.
Re: FG Threatens To Withdraw Funding For Bonny-bodo Road Due To Lack Of Cooperation by Babaalawo: 3:45pm On Feb 23, 2018
Ogoni old Papa,s wan collect bmatching ground.
Re: FG Threatens To Withdraw Funding For Bonny-bodo Road Due To Lack Of Cooperation by Afamed: 4:02pm On Feb 23, 2018
quentin06:
marching ground money, the bane of the niger delta's development.
You Sabi the area wellllllla. Marching money. Here we come again and again.
Re: FG Threatens To Withdraw Funding For Bonny-bodo Road Due To Lack Of Cooperation by Nobody: 4:43pm On Feb 23, 2018
SnowJay92:

1. You're not from the Niger Delta,
2. Niger Delta people are not lazy,
3. Humans disagree on issues every other day,

Stop being childish!
I'm full blooded ijaw
Re: FG Threatens To Withdraw Funding For Bonny-bodo Road Due To Lack Of Cooperation by Nobody: 4:43pm On Feb 23, 2018
gare:

very much on point, if we dont stop this i wonder how development can come to us
tell them o. They don't know
Re: FG Threatens To Withdraw Funding For Bonny-bodo Road Due To Lack Of Cooperation by Nobody: 4:44pm On Feb 23, 2018
Euouae:

You are very correct. There was a time I deployed an infrastructure across that region that will benefit every individual in each community I went to. My brother, You pay money to deploy, install and commission. Its really bad. What they will benefit from.
such a shame. I blame our politicians for these. Odili started this rubbish
Re: FG Threatens To Withdraw Funding For Bonny-bodo Road Due To Lack Of Cooperation by stormborn28(m): 5:02pm On Feb 23, 2018
Useless idiots
Re: FG Threatens To Withdraw Funding For Bonny-bodo Road Due To Lack Of Cooperation by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:03pm On Feb 23, 2018
12submarine:

Can you now tell me how I refused to stick to what I know. Or are you telling me that because Ogoni in Rivers has over 2000 hectares of Plantation, the govt can empower them with farming while deltans should go to hell?

Delta also have lots of farming spaces. So no one is saying Deltans should go to hell but the Amnesty project is counter productive.
Re: FG Threatens To Withdraw Funding For Bonny-bodo Road Due To Lack Of Cooperation by Gaiuseenyie(m): 6:30pm On Feb 23, 2018
they must compensate those which their lands are affected any way or the other
Re: FG Threatens To Withdraw Funding For Bonny-bodo Road Due To Lack Of Cooperation by Caseless: 6:33pm On Feb 23, 2018
lofty900:
it's really shocking to see that behavior in that region. I was there for a project, and I couldn't believe what I saw.

The same project you site in the north and the entire community is standing to protect and celebrate you, we took it down to the Niger delta , the community wants the money shared and the project abandoned. I have never such a backward way of thinking in my life. They won't even give you land to erect a tower or drill a borehole for the whole community to benefit.

We still have a long way to go in this country cos we don't always think like humans do in a saner clime.

3 Likes

Re: FG Threatens To Withdraw Funding For Bonny-bodo Road Due To Lack Of Cooperation by Caseless: 6:39pm On Feb 23, 2018
Euouae:

You are very correct. There was a time I deployed an infrastructure across that region that will benefit every individual in each community I went to. My brother, You pay money to deploy, install and commission. Its really bad. What they will benefit from.
truckpusher and tonyebarcanista should call their brothers to order. This is unheard of anywhere.

Haba

1 Like

Re: FG Threatens To Withdraw Funding For Bonny-bodo Road Due To Lack Of Cooperation by Elgeelistic: 7:01pm On Feb 23, 2018
12submarine:
[s][/s]
... Cut off Niger Delta resources and see this country run aground.

BIG LIE!!! the country will not run down, rather would be better off. What has the oil done for us? isn't Lagos more prosperous without oil? Japan does not have any natural resource and they live better. Please drop this 'our oyel' mentality.
Re: FG Threatens To Withdraw Funding For Bonny-bodo Road Due To Lack Of Cooperation by 12submarine(m): 7:13pm On Feb 23, 2018
[s]
Elgeelistic:

BIG LIE!!! the country will not run down, rather would be better off. What has the oil done for us? isn't Lagos more prosperous without oil? Japan does not have any natural resource and they live better. Please drop this 'our oyel' mentality.
[/s]
Then allow resource control. The country was in recession because the price of oil dropped. What will happen if the oil is not there again? Judge it by yourself. The Lagos prosperity is one of the ripple effects of the oil. How can you import? Is it with naira? Is Lagos generating forex?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Threatens To Withdraw Funding For Bonny-bodo Road Due To Lack Of Cooperation by Nobody: 8:25pm On Feb 23, 2018
Caseless:
it's really shocking to see that behavior in that region. I was there for a project, and I couldn't believe what I saw.

The same project you site in the north and the entire community is standing to protect and celebrate you, we took it down to the Niger delta , the community wants the money shared and the project abandoned. I have never such a backward way of thinking in my life. They won't even give you land to erect a tower or drill a borehole for the whole community to benefit.

We still have a long way to go in this country cos we don't always think like humans do in a saner clime.
most communities in Rivers are supposed to be enjoying electricity from oil companies but their leaders collected money instead of light. Now they are all in darkness

1 Like

Re: FG Threatens To Withdraw Funding For Bonny-bodo Road Due To Lack Of Cooperation by koribobo: 9:35pm On Feb 23, 2018
Awon eyan na our oye
Re: FG Threatens To Withdraw Funding For Bonny-bodo Road Due To Lack Of Cooperation by vicfy(m): 11:28pm On Feb 23, 2018
sammyp01:
Can you see where we are getting things wrong in this Niger Delta
Selfishness and greed. So because the route is not cutting through andoni it's Now a problem
The main problem is not the route, rather the superiority issues. I leant dt the one of d kings who installed their Chairman of Traditional rulers is being sidelined by d same "small boy" he installed.
Re: FG Threatens To Withdraw Funding For Bonny-bodo Road Due To Lack Of Cooperation by 9jaArea: 12:46am On Feb 24, 2018
sisimmi:
Government opened itself up for this sort of nonsense the very moment it thought of that idea called amnesty. Some of us are from that region but are completely opposed to the nonsense going on there. Can't warships and bombers be deployed for once?
LoL some people will call it Genocide.
Re: FG Threatens To Withdraw Funding For Bonny-bodo Road Due To Lack Of Cooperation by Okoroawusa: 4:13am On Feb 24, 2018
Where Senator Ben Murray-Bruce when u need him?

Na ur constituency

come and apply common sense

1 Like

Re: FG Threatens To Withdraw Funding For Bonny-bodo Road Due To Lack Of Cooperation by Caseless: 1:07pm On Feb 24, 2018
lofty900:
most communities in Rivers are supposed to be enjoying electricity from oil companies but their leaders collected money instead of light. Now they are all in darkness
I can't understand those people.
Re: FG Threatens To Withdraw Funding For Bonny-bodo Road Due To Lack Of Cooperation by writeprof(m): 2:29pm On Feb 24, 2018
Why would the Govt mobilise a contractor when he has not settled the communities to start work. This is a one-sided story.
As a young man working with SHELL BP contractors then, SHELL will make sure you've settled every issue that may prevent the work before they mobilise the contractor and the projects go on smoothly.
This blame games should stop, pls.
Re: FG Threatens To Withdraw Funding For Bonny-bodo Road Due To Lack Of Cooperation by sammyp01: 7:39pm On Feb 25, 2018
vicfy:
The main problem is not the route, rather the superiority issues. I leant dt the one of d kings who installed their Chairman of Traditional rulers is being sidelined by d same "small boy" he installed.

Basically we are our own problem
Re: FG Threatens To Withdraw Funding For Bonny-bodo Road Due To Lack Of Cooperation by sammyp01: 7:41pm On Feb 25, 2018
writeprof:
Why would the Govt mobilise a contractor when he has not settled the communities to start work. This is a one-sided story.
As a young man working with SHELL BP contractors then, SHELL will make sure you've settled every issue that may prevent the work before they mobilise the contractor and the projects go on smoothly.
This blame games should stop, pls.

Settle which boys. The government should settle community for bringing development to them. Isn't it pathetic. You are not talking about the jobs the project will create for people. Direct and indirect employment

2 Likes

Re: FG Threatens To Withdraw Funding For Bonny-bodo Road Due To Lack Of Cooperation by writeprof(m): 8:10pm On Feb 25, 2018
sammyp01:

Settle which boys. The government should settle community for bringing development to them. Isn't it pathetic. You are not talking about the jobs the project will create for people. Direct and indirect employment

Take time to read what I wrote. Did you see settle boys there? I said they settle every likely issue that could hinder the job and that is no sharing of money except it is compensation for people's land. The allocation of certain jobs/contracts to supply some materials to members of the community is part of settling issues.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate, House Of Reps Pass Bill Re-Introducing 'Park And Pay' In Abuja / Sanwo-Olu Didn't Bring Back VIO So As To Generate Revenues For Lagos – Fashola / APC Crisis: Bello’s Camp Counters Buni Over Transfer Of Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.