Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,230 members, 7,780,442 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:21 PM

The Letter A School Principal In Singapore Sent To Parents Just Before An Exam - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Letter A School Principal In Singapore Sent To Parents Just Before An Exam (40312 Views)

WAEC Students Destroy School Building After Being Duped By Principal In Edo / The Love Letter A Secondary School Boy Sent To His Teacher, Chioma (pics) / Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Letter A School Principal In Singapore Sent To Parents Just Before An Exam by Godsonkemz(m): 10:15am On Feb 24, 2018
He's not just a principal but an inspiration to students. We need people like this.
Re: The Letter A School Principal In Singapore Sent To Parents Just Before An Exam by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:22am On Feb 24, 2018
African Kids

When I was about nine years old, one Saturday morning, my mom travelled and my siblings weren't around, it was only me and my Dad that were at home. I decided to do something great, first to make my Dad happy and second to make my mom ask who did this when she returns. I decided to mop the house. To make the places clean. I took the rubber bucket in the house while my dad was in his room, put some water and was carrying it to clean the room. Suddenly the bucket slipped from my hand and broke. The bucket broke. I was sad. But I felt bad more because I couldn't fulfil my dream of making my Dad say "you are a good boy", that statement that always made me high inside. I had to first clean the spilled water and report my mistake to my Dad. So when my Dad came out and saw the splashed water and broken bucket, I was still explaining how I wanted to mop the house and then... He was getting a whip and he flogged me. I wept and more so bitterness filled my heart. Oh this is a man I wanted to make happy, did he really see I was trying to be a good child, doing a job without being asked? I went to the back of the building and cried bitterly. As I was crying, I vowed that I will hate back, do evil and even leave that house. Revenge is what I wished. Though little time cleansed the resolution but the experience is still here even after two decades. Most of our African parents due to poverty, transferred aggression and impatience kill the genius in their kids. They flog out the problem solver in their kids. When the child would take one week to figure out how to Make an electric car with woods, how his parents would be called the parents of the one that invented a car... Just as he is about starting the construction, the mother would use a whip and format his brain. "is it the expensive firewood that I bought that you are cutting, have you washed all the plates in this house it's now car you want to build, car builder, do you know how much firewood costs and do expect me to cook the food you and your brothers will eat with my hair?" Each statement is sandwiched with a slap. Such kills thinking and morale. It makes kid very bitter. The African child has no support to be adventurous. The African kid's innovation is killed when he's still trying to start. The genius in him gets a stupid mockery. His actions are judged and not his intentions. Even if you have a mischievous child, causing problems everywhere, be careful with that little child. Be careful enough to separate when he is being unruly and when he's being innovative. Ask him questions, if he starts crying before talking or if he keeps quiet, give him confidence to talk. When he takes scissors and cut your clothes because the tailor in him is shacking his head, the action may leave you furious at first such you can't remember his/her good intentions, you can scold him but the next day, make sure you go to the market and get her pieces of clothes to practice with. Tell her/him to sew all he wants. A dream suppressed in a child may never rise again. The African child do not have access to the best of schools, he doesn't have access to the best enabling environment, he lacks the best of teachers and resources. He is naturally disadvantaged to be an innovator, the last thing he needs is for his mind to be shut from exploring that equal advantage of thoughtfulness. Meanwhile my Dad is a great man, just an African parents who can make decision catalyzed by poverty, many of our parents are great, but we the younger generation should be better. We should let our kids evolve.

COPIED
Re: The Letter A School Principal In Singapore Sent To Parents Just Before An Exam by Nobody: 10:38am On Feb 24, 2018
chrisxxx:
I am touched.

Nice write-up.

Re: The Letter A School Principal In Singapore Sent To Parents Just Before An Exam by flamingREED(m): 10:39am On Feb 24, 2018
The truth is
'depending on how you teach,
every child can understand every thing'

But such a teacher must be vast in EVERY O' level area.
Re: The Letter A School Principal In Singapore Sent To Parents Just Before An Exam by naturalwaves: 11:16am On Feb 24, 2018
flyca:
Lol. I sent that picture to my mum and the following conversation ensued.

Her last message though. Hahaha cheesy cheesy
Funny. Your mum has a point. Are you a teacher?
Re: The Letter A School Principal In Singapore Sent To Parents Just Before An Exam by MostBanned: 11:25am On Feb 24, 2018
nairalanduseles:

omg u have a very beautiful shape .......pls i wanna be ur friend can u add m on whatsapp so we could chat

Na shape go kill you angry
Re: The Letter A School Principal In Singapore Sent To Parents Just Before An Exam by israelmao(m): 11:38am On Feb 24, 2018
In my primary school days when I became too playful and distracted.I was put in check and things became better but this might not be applicable in all cases.The fact is, we don't have the same Intelligent Quotient(IQ) but every man created by God was created with talent!No man is without talent.
Re: The Letter A School Principal In Singapore Sent To Parents Just Before An Exam by kcfresh110: 12:34pm On Feb 24, 2018
Do you need any type of MLM(MULTI LEVEL MARKETING ) WEBSITE?
Do you need any type Of sport WEBSITE? e.g goal.com,naijabet,betnaija
Do you need any type of Forum WEBSITE? Nairaland
Do you need any type of School Portal WEBSITE?
Do you need any type of Eccommerce WEBSITE?
Do you need any Peer-to-Peer Donation scripts ?
Do you need any Bulk SMS Scripts ?
Do you need any Web Hosting Company Scripts ?
Do you need any Reseller Web hosting Setup ?
Do you need any Customized application solutions for your school and organizations ?
Do you need any Human Resources Management Scripts.?

All @ affordable Prices

We also train interested clients

Lets Talk:

Mobile/Whatsapp: 07038641600

www.jolagict.com

We are expert in
*Blog Design,content management systems (CMS) such as
Webpagemaker,Frontpage, wordpress, joomla, drupal,
ecommerce platforms such as opencart, magento, Abante cart,WHMCS, prestashop.
*SEO,Responsive&Mobile Friendly Site Expert
*Blogs:Ghost,serendipity,eggblog
*Forums:SMF,Vanilla,phpBB,
*Polls and Survey Sites:Limesurvey,littlepoll,piwik
*Open Source Website Development & Customization / CMS Integration (Joomla, Drupal, wordpress, etc)
*E-commerce Website Development (magento, Opencart, OS Commerce, Zen Cart integration etc)
*SEO (Get Your Website Top Ranking in Google.
*Mobile Application (iOS & Android)
*An expert in CCTV,CAR Tracker&Biometric Services
Re: The Letter A School Principal In Singapore Sent To Parents Just Before An Exam by Emcykay: 12:45pm On Feb 24, 2018
wonderful write-up
Re: The Letter A School Principal In Singapore Sent To Parents Just Before An Exam by lastchild: 5:38pm On Feb 24, 2018
God bless both the author and the poster of this, this came at the right time when am seriously down and depressed, this write up is a strength I swear
Re: The Letter A School Principal In Singapore Sent To Parents Just Before An Exam by tpascal: 7:32pm On Feb 24, 2018
Na old story

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

OOU Final Year Student Drowns In Hotel On Easter Sunday. / See How Nigerians Pronounce Words According To Ghanians / 12 Times The English Language Made No Sense At All(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.