Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:41 AM

Help On How To Create A Wireless Local Host Registration System - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help On How To Create A Wireless Local Host Registration System (884 Views)

Screen Mirroring In Windows 10: How To Turn Your PC Into A Wireless Display / Help On How To Fix Pax S920 Pos / Help On Virtualization And VLAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help On How To Create A Wireless Local Host Registration System by J0nyb0y(m): 1:30pm On Feb 23, 2018
Hello guys, please I need ideas on a project I want to work on.

Problem Statement: My church is having a programme..
I want to create a registration system where by people can connect to the church WiFi and input a given IP address in their browser then they will be directed to a registration page that has been previously created an hosted on the ip address

The Idea is I want to create local host and then get its op address...

Please how do I go about it...

I want the registration page to contain basic info about the person, location, age range, member or not...

The registration page..

What am thinking is that Will I design the registration page with html and host it using a wamp server. Then get the Ip address of my system and turn on the hotspot for people to connect. Then give people the ip address of my system to connect so that when they connect they'll be directed to the registration page...

Please I need ideas as I'm a little confused as how to go about it. Thanks
Re: Help On How To Create A Wireless Local Host Registration System by J0nyb0y(m): 10:26am On Feb 27, 2018
No one?
Re: Help On How To Create A Wireless Local Host Registration System by hostkobo(m): 2:26pm On Feb 27, 2018
J0nyb0y:
Hello guys, please I need ideas on a project I want to work on.

Problem Statement: My church is having a programme..
I want to create a registration system where by people can connect to the church WiFi and input a given IP address in their browser then they will be directed to a registration page that has been previously created an hosted on the ip address

The Idea is I want to create local host and then get its op address...

Please how do I go about it...

I want the registration page to contain basic info about the person, location, age range, member or not...

The registration page..

What am thinking is that Will I design the registration page with html and host it using a wamp server. Then get the Ip address of my system and turn on the hotspot for people to connect. Then give people the ip address of my system to connect so that when they connect they'll be directed to the registration page...

Please I need ideas as I'm a little confused as how to go about it. Thanks

Hi there,

From your explanation, you want users to register before being granted internet access.

I did something like that a couple of years ago.

- So fine, put together your registration/login page: same page: registration on the left, login on the right
- Redirect users on your wifi to the registration page
- Once they fill up the form, they submit. You can generate a login token which they use for the login input box.

you'll also need an authentication mechanism,

Or

Have you heard of Ubuntu Linux before? very easy to setup your above requirements

- an Ubuntu Server(4Gb RAM, about 60GB HD is ok) with 2-LAN Cards. Set it up as an internet gateway
- add CoovaChilli https://github.com/coova/coova-chilli

problem solved.

regards
HK

(1) (Reply)

You Need A Direct UK Used Laptops At Affordable Price ?then Check This Out!!! / Help! My Laptop Goes Off Immediately I Put It On! / Inkjet Vs Laserjet-purchase With Confidence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.