Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,883 members, 7,802,851 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

Teleology Is The Preferred Bidder Of 9mobile - Barclays Confirms - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Teleology Is The Preferred Bidder Of 9mobile - Barclays Confirms (17862 Views)

The Sale Of 9mobile. / New Owner Of 9mobile (etisalat) To Be Announced On January 16th 2018 / 9mobile Denies Speculations Of Barclays Withdrawal As Financial Adviser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Teleology Is The Preferred Bidder Of 9mobile - Barclays Confirms by Nonybb: 4:53pm On Feb 23, 2018
Teleolo what?
Re: Teleology Is The Preferred Bidder Of 9mobile - Barclays Confirms by hedonistic: 4:53pm On Feb 23, 2018
Looks like it's MTN buying it through the back door. Coded lords of money like Pascal Dozie and Tunde Folawiyo (Nigerian pillars of MTN). They simply keep quiet and pull the damn trigger when no one is looking.

Still better than that obese murrafucka Mike Adenuga buying it and running it like a baba jebu lotto shop.

3 Likes

Re: Teleology Is The Preferred Bidder Of 9mobile - Barclays Confirms by Bustincole(m): 4:54pm On Feb 23, 2018
goodluck to dem
Re: Teleology Is The Preferred Bidder Of 9mobile - Barclays Confirms by sundayslim(m): 4:54pm On Feb 23, 2018
BabyApple:
I Am BABYAPPLE first to comment. I dey use this opportunity advertise my new Camon CM
for sale. It's just 2 weeks old. I have the receipt with other papers with charger ..I bought it at 3C hub, I need money badly. 40K , Lajst.

I'm interested.
Please call me. 07039386313
Re: Teleology Is The Preferred Bidder Of 9mobile - Barclays Confirms by fratermathy(m): 4:54pm On Feb 23, 2018
Essentially, MTN bought 9mobile because teleology is a pawn to MTN.
Re: Teleology Is The Preferred Bidder Of 9mobile - Barclays Confirms by pgodson7(m): 5:15pm On Feb 23, 2018
i had sam thought about the deal. preparing to do away my sim
RexTramadol1:
Make Dem jus say Na mtn buy am
Re: Teleology Is The Preferred Bidder Of 9mobile - Barclays Confirms by Stycon(m): 5:17pm On Feb 23, 2018
Going...
Re: Teleology Is The Preferred Bidder Of 9mobile - Barclays Confirms by leokinguch(m): 5:31pm On Feb 23, 2018
Were is ur location, I maybe interested but the prize will be negotiated too.
08069037202 chat me up
BabyApple:
I Am BABYAPPLE first to comment. I dey use this opportunity advertise my new Camon CM
for sale. It's just 2 weeks old. I have the receipt with other papers with charger ..I bought it at 3C hub, I need money badly. 40K , Last.
Re: Teleology Is The Preferred Bidder Of 9mobile - Barclays Confirms by Sagay212: 5:42pm On Feb 23, 2018
It is better for MTN to codedly or openly acquire 9mobile than for the useless glo or airtel to. Glo is badluck.

1 Like

Re: Teleology Is The Preferred Bidder Of 9mobile - Barclays Confirms by onatisi(m): 5:43pm On Feb 23, 2018
kelvinreality:
9jaMobile is going through the lane which VMobile, Celtel and Zain passed through.

I wish this takeover of 9jaMobile won't cause reconstruction of their current work force.
Adrian woods and Mr elesho are very very experienced in the nation telecom system, this team that works with telelogy can surely bring the best out of 9mobile

4 Likes

Re: Teleology Is The Preferred Bidder Of 9mobile - Barclays Confirms by Nobody: 5:46pm On Feb 23, 2018
I'm just imagining the name they'll call it after the final takeover. Hope it won't be Aristotel or Platotel since the idea of teleology originated from them.
I kinda like the company's name though. Function over perception. I just wish nigeria can be teleologically organized so that leadership can be based on functionality (usefulness, ability, agility) rather than some unfortunate laws of regionality and bigotry.

2 Likes

Re: Teleology Is The Preferred Bidder Of 9mobile - Barclays Confirms by BabyApple(m): 6:09pm On Feb 23, 2018
leokinguch:
Were is ur location, I maybe interested but the prize will be negotiated too.
08069037202 chat me up
thats the last price
Re: Teleology Is The Preferred Bidder Of 9mobile - Barclays Confirms by darocha1: 6:18pm On Feb 23, 2018
BabyApple:
for sale. It's just 2 weeks old. I have the receipt with other papers with charger ..I bought it at 3C hub, I need money badly. 40K , Last.

32k.. Let's chat 08137539988 cash ready
Re: Teleology Is The Preferred Bidder Of 9mobile - Barclays Confirms by BabyApple(m): 6:26pm On Feb 23, 2018
darocha1:

32k.. Let's chat 08137539988 cash ready
thank you. Keep your money
Re: Teleology Is The Preferred Bidder Of 9mobile - Barclays Confirms by kinzation(m): 6:35pm On Feb 23, 2018
sirgalahad26:
no matter how hard they try, some nigerians will still be calling them 'etisalat' gringringrin
they'll be like
Me- Aboki give me 9mobile airtime
Aboki- weytin be 9mobile I no get

Me - I mean etisalat

aboki- ohkaayyyy oga..I get how much smiley
Re: Teleology Is The Preferred Bidder Of 9mobile - Barclays Confirms by sirgalahad26(m): 6:37pm On Feb 23, 2018
kinzation:
they'll be like Me- Aboki give me 9mobile airtime Aboki- weytin be 9mobile I no get
Me - I mean etisalat
aboki- ohkaayyyy oga..I get how much smiley
gringringrin
Re: Teleology Is The Preferred Bidder Of 9mobile - Barclays Confirms by Benwems(m): 6:51pm On Feb 23, 2018
Xisnin:
Some foolish Nigerians were used to sabotage glo's bid by obtaining a kangaroo injunction.
MTN couldn't compete in an open fair bid, they had to buy 9mobile through the "teleology holdings"
backdoor. Mr. Adrian Wood the owner of teleology is a former MTN CEO.
You are right. most of the people in teleology are all from Mtn. I searched google about them I couldn't see anything. the fuvking company is not even on Wikipedia. Trash!!!

3 Likes

Re: Teleology Is The Preferred Bidder Of 9mobile - Barclays Confirms by Benwems(m): 7:01pm On Feb 23, 2018
pgodson7:
i had sam thought about the deal. preparing to do away my sim
same here. I can't be using MTn it's a terrible network. Mtn just like glo. glo only receives all the insult because they are Nigerian company while Mtn don't because are they South African. Ama throw away my etisalat SIM soon.
Re: Teleology Is The Preferred Bidder Of 9mobile - Barclays Confirms by LaudableXX: 7:58pm On Feb 23, 2018
Xisnin:
Some foolish Nigerians were used to sabotage glo's bid by obtaining a kangaroo injunction.
MTN couldn't compete in an open fair bid, they had to buy 9mobile through the "teleology holdings"
Adrian Wood stopped working for MTN, a long time ago. Stop saying what you do not know! angry
Re: Teleology Is The Preferred Bidder Of 9mobile - Barclays Confirms by LaudableXX: 8:01pm On Feb 23, 2018
onatisi:

Adrian woods and Mr elesho are very very experienced in the nation telecom system, this team that works with telelogy can surely bring the best out of 9mobile
Exactly. Those guys built the MTN Yellobahn network infrastructure. They were the pioneers that drove the implementation of GSM in MTN Nigeria. Woods was the pioneer MD of MTN, while Demola Elesho was the CTO.

2 Likes

Re: Teleology Is The Preferred Bidder Of 9mobile - Barclays Confirms by konfused: 8:12pm On Feb 23, 2018
Isn't it funny that a google search of Teleology holdings yielded nothing but only 9mobile news? No history nothing at all.

Something fishy is going on.

Ike gwuru

1 Like

Re: Teleology Is The Preferred Bidder Of 9mobile - Barclays Confirms by iamdondanna(m): 8:14pm On Feb 23, 2018
free2ryhme:

Abeg when will Nigeria be sold
my brother me sef dey wait make dem do the bid fast fast
Re: Teleology Is The Preferred Bidder Of 9mobile - Barclays Confirms by ifymadu: 8:25pm On Feb 23, 2018
Wow, what a team? I worked with Andrian Wood, Dem Elesho and Mike Ikpoki back then in MTN and I know the team these guys are capable of assembling. If the deal sails through completely, then MTN will have a good run for customers wallet.

1 Like

Re: Teleology Is The Preferred Bidder Of 9mobile - Barclays Confirms by Kaycee9242(m): 8:44pm On Feb 23, 2018
Dy never still sell dis network? Na until dy price am like where vulture dy price dead body dy go sell am?
Re: Teleology Is The Preferred Bidder Of 9mobile - Barclays Confirms by seunmsg(m): 8:45pm On Feb 23, 2018
Some people are still searching the internet for those behind Teleology when MTN is clearly written all over the company. Teleology is MTN and MTN is teleology.

1 Like

Re: Teleology Is The Preferred Bidder Of 9mobile - Barclays Confirms by Xisnin(m): 8:59pm On Feb 23, 2018
LaudableXX:

Adrian Wood stopped working for MTN, a long time ago. Stop saying what you do not know! angry
The same way Bill Gates stopped working for microsoft or Kachikwu stopped working for shell.
Open your eyes.

1 Like

Re: Teleology Is The Preferred Bidder Of 9mobile - Barclays Confirms by ifrosh: 9:13pm On Feb 23, 2018
exlinklodge:
Which one be Teleology again?
Who is hiding behind that name?
e fit be buhari,who knws.
Re: Teleology Is The Preferred Bidder Of 9mobile - Barclays Confirms by Nobody: 9:23pm On Feb 23, 2018
onatisi:

So true. Those guys are really experience in term of Telecommunications.

My major concern is actually improve network service and apart from this there should not be any consequent downsizing of the new company as a result of this take over.

1 Like

Re: Teleology Is The Preferred Bidder Of 9mobile - Barclays Confirms by omogidi234(m): 9:28pm On Feb 23, 2018
Xisnin:

I can not confirm your assertions but majority of the people on the board of Teleology were top people in MTN.

I think a good journalist can unravel the owners of Teleology and when it was registered in Nigeria.

Wait a minute, let me check it on CAC website.

NB:

www.publicsearch-cac-gov-ng

/ComSearch/index.php. ( please insert dots in place of hyphen above).

I just used that link to search for Teleology Holdings Limited and I didn't find it.
I.T gurus can help out.

What I found is a Teleology Nigeria Ltd which was registered in 2014, the other Teleology which has the same address as the former ( Broad Street, Lagos) is still under registration.

Now Holding in Nigeria is usually at least two or more' companies coming together to form Holdings with the Consent of RG of CAC ( Corporate Affairs Commission).

Well except the I.T gurus help to search out Teleology Holdings Limited using the link above, MY CONCLUSION is that there is no such company called Teleology Holdings Limited registered in Nigeria.

For example if you input Dangote, it would give you over 14 companies with Dangote but Teleology is just 2 companies with one registered and the other still under registration.

If the position above is correct, there are two things that can happen. 1. Quickly register it Next week or Come under the Foreign company exception ( even though the latter is reserved for foreign companies doing business with Government- but then this is Nigeria).
Re: Teleology Is The Preferred Bidder Of 9mobile - Barclays Confirms by onatisi(m): 10:39pm On Feb 23, 2018
kelvinreality:

So true. Those guys are really experience in term of Telecommunications.

My major concern is actually improve network service and apart from this there should not be any consequent downsizing of the new company as a result of this take over.
Definitely there will be some few sackings as well as new appointments,but I really believe in their expertise

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Compare And Contrast Blackberry Bold 5 (9900) And Blackberry Bold 6 (9930) / Samsung Galaxy S9 And S9+ Features / Pictures From TECNO Camon 11 University Tour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.