Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,978 members, 7,806,855 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

Muslim Woman Leads Prayers, Receives Death Threats From Round The World - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Woman Leads Prayers, Receives Death Threats From Round The World (4468 Views)

Can A Muslim Woman Marry A Non-muslim Man? / Ruling On A Muslim Man Marrying A Non-muslim Woman And Vice Versa / Imam Leads Prayers During Earthquake In Indonesia! (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslim Woman Leads Prayers, Receives Death Threats From Round The World by ariesbull: 3:56pm On Feb 23, 2018
Jamida Beevi created history by becoming the first Indian Muslim woman to lead the Friday prayer for a mixed-gender congregation at a public place. The 34-year-old led around 30 men and women in namaaz inside a hall at Vandoor village in Kerala’s Malappuram district.

The person who leads namaaz is called imam and, traditionally, he is a man, unless it is an all-woman congregation. The first woman to break this tradition, in recent memory at least, was Amina Wadud, an American professor of religion and philosophy, who led the Friday prayer in New York in 2005.

But while Wadud was hailed as a revolutionary, Beevi has not received much support.

https://etimes.com.ng/muslim-woman-leads-prayers-receives-death-threats-round-world/

The decision to organise a Friday prayer led by a woman was taken on January 23 at the state committee meeting of her faction of the Khuran Sunnath Society.

“We wanted to spread the message that Islam never prohibited women from leading prayers,” Beevi said. “We have decided to continue this practice.”

Beevi hopes her decision “will inspire more Muslim women to preside over prayers”.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Woman Leads Prayers, Receives Death Threats From Round The World by Macelliot(m): 4:02pm On Feb 23, 2018
I need an Islamic ruling on the number of like a female Nairalander should get on every post she made on nairaland.com before she commits haram.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Woman Leads Prayers, Receives Death Threats From Round The World by GloriaNinja(f): 4:08pm On Feb 23, 2018
ISLAM IS THE PROBLEM FACING THIS EARTH TOO, THEIR SEXISM IS TOO MUCH

15 Likes

Re: Muslim Woman Leads Prayers, Receives Death Threats From Round The World by philpwresh(m): 4:30pm On Feb 23, 2018
Religion of ____

1 Like

Re: Muslim Woman Leads Prayers, Receives Death Threats From Round The World by chuksjuve(m): 4:56pm On Feb 23, 2018
I Came to read comments...

Meanwhile

Check my profile grin
Re: Muslim Woman Leads Prayers, Receives Death Threats From Round The World by Nobody: 5:27pm On Feb 23, 2018
philpwresh:
Religion of ____

Peace
Re: Muslim Woman Leads Prayers, Receives Death Threats From Round The World by eTECTIVe(m): 5:35pm On Feb 23, 2018
Death threats for leading prayers?? Are dis Ppl normal?? Why not allow Allah to strike her or something if its an abomination?

17 Likes

Re: Muslim Woman Leads Prayers, Receives Death Threats From Round The World by Nobody: 5:37pm On Feb 23, 2018
ariesbull:

Jamida Beevi created history by becoming the first Indian Muslim woman to lead the Friday prayer for a mixed-gender congregation at a public place. The 34-year-old led around 30 men and women in namaaz inside a hall at Vandoor village in Kerala’s Malappuram district.

The person who leads namaaz is called imam and, traditionally, he is a man, unless it is an all-woman congregation. The first woman to break this tradition, in recent memory at least, was Amina Wadud, an American professor of religion and philosophy, who led the Friday prayer in New York in 2005.

But while Wadud was hailed as a revolutionary, Beevi has not received much support.

https://etimes.com.ng/muslim-woman-leads-prayers-receives-death-threats-round-world/

The decision to organise a Friday prayer led by a woman was taken on January 23 at the state committee meeting of her faction of the Khuran Sunnath Society.

“We wanted to spread the message that Islam never prohibited women from leading prayers,” Beevi said. “We have decided to continue this practice.”

Beevi hopes her decision “will inspire more Muslim women to preside over prayers”.

Re: Muslim Woman Leads Prayers, Receives Death Threats From Round The World by Nobody: 5:44pm On Feb 23, 2018
lipsrsealed she wanna pray to their God an they wanna kill her for it?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Woman Leads Prayers, Receives Death Threats From Round The World by Nutase: 6:49pm On Feb 23, 2018
grin
Re: Muslim Woman Leads Prayers, Receives Death Threats From Round The World by Alariiwo: 6:51pm On Feb 23, 2018
SweetPuffPuff:
lipsrsealed she wanna pray to their God an they wanna kill her for it?

Islam doesn't recognize feminism or whatever rubbish they call it.

The men with c.ocks are the head and it must remain so grin
Re: Muslim Woman Leads Prayers, Receives Death Threats From Round The World by 9jaown(m): 7:30pm On Feb 23, 2018
GloriaNinja:

Re: Muslim Woman Leads Prayers, Receives Death Threats From Round The World by Nobody: 7:40pm On Feb 23, 2018
GloriaNinja:
no the problem be say if she bend yansh some men might loose concentration and think of dogg style instead of prayer

8 Likes

Re: Muslim Woman Leads Prayers, Receives Death Threats From Round The World by benben1000: 7:48pm On Feb 23, 2018
I'm not a Muslim but I will defend them today. Not for the death threats but for the shear hypocrisy of Christians especially Catholics. Catholics, do you have a female priest? Let alone a female priest leading a mass. Talk back to me hypocrites.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslim Woman Leads Prayers, Receives Death Threats From Round The World by Les: 8:18pm On Feb 23, 2018
benben1000:
I'm not a Muslim but I will defend them today. Not for the death threats but for the shear hypocrisy of Christians especially Catholics. Catholics, do you have a female priest? Let alone a female priest leading a mass. Talk to you hypocrites.
it's obvious you are not a Christian either? who said that Christians don't have female priests? If a particular set is giving you headache, why not channel your frustrations towards that set in particular than displaying your ignorance to the whole world?

9 Likes

Re: Muslim Woman Leads Prayers, Receives Death Threats From Round The World by TheKingIsHere: 8:42pm On Feb 23, 2018
Where is Lalasticlala sef
Re: Muslim Woman Leads Prayers, Receives Death Threats From Round The World by mu2sa2: 8:54pm On Feb 23, 2018
benben1000:
I'm not a Muslim but I will defend them today. Not for the death threats but for the shear hypocrisy of Christians especially Catholics. Catholics, do you have a female priest? Let alone a female priest leading a mass. Talk to you hypocrites.
Exactly. But Pentecostals say Catholics aren't Christians but idol worshippers , while Catholics condemn Pentecostalism as heresy. Since both cannot be right at the same time, who then is a Christian?

1 Like

Re: Muslim Woman Leads Prayers, Receives Death Threats From Round The World by eleojo23: 9:07pm On Feb 23, 2018
I am still trying to imagine what someone will tell me that will make me convert to Islam.

8 Likes

Re: Muslim Woman Leads Prayers, Receives Death Threats From Round The World by ayusco85(m): 9:29pm On Feb 23, 2018
Behold the problem of the world.......

1 Like

Re: Muslim Woman Leads Prayers, Receives Death Threats From Round The World by Nowenuse: 9:47pm On Feb 23, 2018
Alariiwo:

Islam doesn't recognize feminism or whatever rubbish they call it.

The men with c.ocks are the head and it must remain so grin

It is obvious that you are a muslim fanatic

1 Like

Re: Muslim Woman Leads Prayers, Receives Death Threats From Round The World by blessedvisky(m): 12:04am On Feb 24, 2018
mu2sa2:
Exactly. But Pentecostals say Catholics aren't Christians but idol worshippers , while Catholics condemn Pentecostalism as heresy. Since both cannot be right at the same time, who then is a Christian?
Who exactly is this one?

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Woman Leads Prayers, Receives Death Threats From Round The World by Csami(m): 12:31am On Feb 24, 2018
eleojo23:
I am still trying to imagine what someone will tell me that will make me convert to Islam.

Accept Allah or I blow you to pieces. That should be convincing enough

6 Likes

Re: Muslim Woman Leads Prayers, Receives Death Threats From Round The World by TheKingdom: 12:37am On Feb 24, 2018
# 1 when she bends forward to pray you know she’ll distract those bearded men like no tommorow.
#2 If they allow this, what else will they allow, because it’s obvious she is being sponsored by some group that has agenda.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslim Woman Leads Prayers, Receives Death Threats From Round The World by Nobody: 12:48am On Feb 24, 2018
Alikote:
no the problem be say if she bend yansh some men might loose concentration and think of dogg style instead of prayer

Lmao grin

Why isn't this an 'Islam for Muslims' thread anyway. I guess the mods slipped up on that one

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Woman Leads Prayers, Receives Death Threats From Round The World by UduMgbo1: 6:11am On Feb 24, 2018
hahahahahahaha
but fake yerobas who are yeroba Muslims are the problem of the world and the good people of yerobas
kiss the truth

cc
Alariiwo cheesy

1 Like

Re: Muslim Woman Leads Prayers, Receives Death Threats From Round The World by femi4: 6:36am On Feb 24, 2018
eleojo23:

72 virgins awaits you when you die grin

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Woman Leads Prayers, Receives Death Threats From Round The World by EnEnPeecee: 6:39am On Feb 24, 2018
These religion that so hates women! na which kain dangerous hate filled religion be this

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Woman Leads Prayers, Receives Death Threats From Round The World by Bede2u(m): 6:51am On Feb 24, 2018
benben1000:
I'm not a Muslim but I will defend them today. Not for the death threats but for the shear hypocrisy of Christians especially Catholics. Catholics, do you have a female priest? Let alone a female priest leading a mass. Talk back to me hypocrites.
The problem with people like u is understanding an issue.
When u read that headline, what stood out? Was it the fact that a female led the prayers or the fact that a female received death threats because she led the prayers?

Do u think any christian denomination will threaten to kill anyone for anything?

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Woman Leads Prayers, Receives Death Threats From Round The World by Willybos(m): 7:21am On Feb 24, 2018
Alikote:
hahahahahahahahacheesy

1 Like

Re: Muslim Woman Leads Prayers, Receives Death Threats From Round The World by Willybos(m): 7:28am On Feb 24, 2018
Muslims has been the problem of this world since 14century

1 Like

Re: Muslim Woman Leads Prayers, Receives Death Threats From Round The World by jerflakes(m): 7:37am On Feb 24, 2018
Every little thing, you kill, threaten, bomb, shoot, cut with knives or machetes

Screw Islam

Pissfully useless religion

5 Likes

Re: Muslim Woman Leads Prayers, Receives Death Threats From Round The World by MrSly(m): 7:38am On Feb 24, 2018
benben1000:
You chose to defend Islam in order vent your venom on catholics, categorically. I am not against that but before you go ahead, read the topic carefully. It is all about female leading prayers not about female becoming Imam. Women lead prayers in catholic.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Importance Of Good Manners / Cremation- The Islamic Perspective / I Need A Good Alfa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.