Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? (13783 Views)

Nigerian VIO Officer Cries For Help As Driver Fights For His Car Key (video) / Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court / These Are Duties And Functions Of LASTMA, VIO And FRSC Officers - AutoReportNG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by AutoJoshNG: 4:20pm On Feb 23, 2018
I was listening to this programme on radio.

The OAPs - some popular comedians - requested listeners to phone in, and admit which of the road traffic authorities they would prefer to have a brush with - if they were caught contravening any of the traffic laws.

The options thrown up included the FRSC, VIO, Nigeria police, LASTMA, the army, etc.

A deluge of phone calls trailed the question. Opinions were freely aired.

At the end of it all, it turned out that the VIO was the least preferred by the callers. The reason - chiefly - was that VIOs are hard to compromise by traffic law offenders.

However, the Nigeria Police Force stole the show.

Almost 100% of the callers – without hesitation - admitted that if they ran afoul of any traffic law - they would prefer to be arrested by the police.

Now, you're itching to find out why they preferred the police - right?

Well, your guess is as good as mine.

It goes without saying - the Nigeria police officers have the sublime ability to turn a blind eye to any crime committed after an exchange of a paltry sum of money. Sometimes, the amount could be as low as N20!

This - according to most of the callers - cannot be easily achieved with VIO, “Road Safety” officials or LASTMA.

It was quite an interesting, humorous and sincere interaction.

However, what particularly arrested my interest - and of course, gave me a cause for concern - was how these set of Nigerians brazenly admitted a support for corrupt practice on a live radio programme! Even more worrisome was that the callers actually gave their real names and locations!

It is worrisome not because these callers would be arrested for airing their perverse views, but it shows how low our moral values have degenerated.

At a point, the OAP had to ask one of the callers if this wasn’t encouraging corruption. But trust some Nigerians, they have this incredible ability to invent defenses for our criminal tendencies.

Now, this got me thinking; have, we, Nigerians, become so corrupt and crime-prone without us realizing it?

Perhaps, I should ask you – who would you prefer to be arrested by - FRSC, LASTMA,VIO, Police?

https://autojosh.com/traffic-law-violation-prefer-arrested-frsc-lastmavio-police/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by GloriaNinja(f): 4:25pm On Feb 23, 2018
THEY ARE ALL AS DANGEROUS AS FULANI HERDSMEN, SO NEITHER (SPITS)

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by obafemee80(m): 4:36pm On Feb 23, 2018
Hmmmm

They are all birds of a feather

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by pyrex23(m): 4:41pm On Feb 23, 2018
none.....

4 Likes

Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by Dottore: 6:17pm On Feb 23, 2018
None all are demons with different coatings
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by Eazi1(m): 6:17pm On Feb 23, 2018
hmmm.... seems lyk using a fulani to arrest another fulani
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by Firefire(m): 6:17pm On Feb 23, 2018
OPC
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by LustreChris(m): 6:17pm On Feb 23, 2018
OK...
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Feb 23, 2018
None

2 Likes

Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by Coitus: 6:18pm On Feb 23, 2018
I'll rather prefer BOKO HARAM
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by nkwuocha: 6:18pm On Feb 23, 2018
None
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by femi4: 6:18pm On Feb 23, 2018
Police now....shandy pere lowo won

7 Likes

Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by nonut: 6:18pm On Feb 23, 2018
Police. Just give them small egunje and you'll be on your way.
If you meet the other three, better pick up your Atm card or visit the nearest bank, cos their inhumane charges no be for here.

33 Likes

Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by countsparrow: 6:18pm On Feb 23, 2018
Ok
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by ruggedmallaam(m): 6:19pm On Feb 23, 2018
. police is always your friend

7 Likes

Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by ebunma: 6:19pm On Feb 23, 2018
Police...

2 Likes

Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by BIGDADDY000(m): 6:19pm On Feb 23, 2018
hell no. none of the above.
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by chuksjuve(m): 6:19pm On Feb 23, 2018
None... angry angry angry

Check my profile
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by crismark(m): 6:20pm On Feb 23, 2018
biko i prefer police....d rest carry their work 4 head like gala.

7 Likes

Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by Paperwhite(m): 6:21pm On Feb 23, 2018
None of the above.
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by Ssalk: 6:22pm On Feb 23, 2018
My Brother if you see VIO in Abuja run. They are the king of the road. Roger our police u are free to go. As for Frsc, just have your papers and Lorne correct they leave u. VIO? I don’t know what they are looking for, they can mess your day up. With their useless vechicle with zebra paint.

16 Likes

Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by BabyApple(m): 6:23pm On Feb 23, 2018
Police

2 Likes

Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by CeeJay9ja(m): 6:23pm On Feb 23, 2018
They are all the same but different uniforms

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by shiki(m): 6:23pm On Feb 23, 2018
Police
Sharp sharp settlement

2 Likes

Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by mblarry1(m): 6:23pm On Feb 23, 2018
POLICE... very easy to align with... ur first impression mattas

7 Likes

Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by Xcelinteriors(f): 6:23pm On Feb 23, 2018
None
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by subcbouy: 6:23pm On Feb 23, 2018
Rope on their left shoulder means they are birds of the same feather. Herdsmen without cows. Sowers without seeds.
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:24pm On Feb 23, 2018
none, without a functional judiciary, they are all useless
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by Trexnemesis(m): 6:25pm On Feb 23, 2018
Boy Scout Betta pass any of them
Re: FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Police: Who Would You Prefer To Have An Encounter With? by wristbangle: 6:25pm On Feb 23, 2018
Navy and Airforce

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nissan's Intelligent Rearview Mirror Gives Drivers An Extra Set Of Eyes / MRS Oil Denies Importing Adulterated Fuel / 10 Simple Steps To Save Money On Petrol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.