Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,652 members, 7,801,902 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

The Story Of Musa And Khidr (may Allah's Blessings Be Upon Them Both) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Story Of Musa And Khidr (may Allah's Blessings Be Upon Them Both) (4227 Views)

Interesting Story Of Bilqis & Prophet Sulaiman (may Allaah Peace And Blessings B / The Supplication Of Musa / May Allah Grant Us Good Ends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Story Of Musa And Khidr (may Allah's Blessings Be Upon Them Both) by Rashduct4luv(m): 11:23am On Feb 24, 2018
The Story of Prophet Moses and Al-Khidr from the Quran (Surah Al-Kahf, 18: Verses 60-82)

The story of Moses and Al-Khidr is mentioned in Surah Al-Kahf (verses 60-82) and in Sahih Bukhari, Book 6, Volume 60, Hadith 249. This story teaches us very important lessons. Some of these are:

1. Human knowledge can never comprehend Allah’s ways or the reasons for various happenings which Allah allows to happen.
2. Human beings are always impatient and seek immediate answers to all the occurrences that defy comprehension.
3. Faith in Allah should make us accept His rulings without any questioning.

Prophet Moses and Bani Israel (children of Israel)

Once when Prophet Moses was addressing Banu Israel (children of Israel), he was asked: “Who is the most learned man among the people?”

He said:

“I am the most learned.”

Allah admonished Moses as he did not attribute absolute knowledge to Him (Allah SWT). So Allah instructed him to go to the junction of the two seas where he would meet one who was more learned than Moses.

The Quran states:

And (remember) when Moosa (Moses) said to his boy-servant: “I will not give up (travelling) until I reach the junction of the two seas or (until) I spend years and years in travelling.” (Quran, Surah Al-Kahf:60)

That learned man at the junction of the two seas was Al-Khidr. When Moses met him and introduced himself, Al-Khidr asked:

“The Moses of Banu Israel?”

Moses replied in the affirmative. The Quran then explains further:

Moosa (Moses) said to him (Khidr) “May I follow you so that you teach me something of that knowledge (guidance and true path) which you have been taught (by Allah)?” (Quran, Surah Kahf:66)

Al-Khidr replied:

“Verily! You will not be able to remain patient with me, O Moses! I have some of the knowledge of Allah which He has taught me and which you do not know, while you have some knowledge which Allah has taught you which I do not know.”

The Quran states:

He (Khidr) said: “Verily! You will not be able to have patience with me!
“And how can you have patience about a thing which you know not?” (Quran, Surah Kahf:67,68)

Moses assured him that he would be patient and not disobey him in any matter. Both of them set out walking along the seashore. Soon a boat passed by and they requested the crew to take them on board. The crew recognized Al-Khidr and took them on board without fare.

Then a sparrow came and stood on the edge of the boat and dipped its beak once or twice in the sea. Al-Khidr said:

“O Moses! My knowledge and your knowledge have not decreased Allah’s knowledge except as much as this sparrow has decreased the water of the sea with its beak.”

Al-Khidr then removed one of the planks of the boat. Moses said:

“These people gave us a free lift but you have broken their boat and scuttled it so as to drown its people.”

Al-Khidr replied:

“Didn’t I tell you that you will not be able to remain patient with me?”

Moses said (as stated in the Quran):

(Moosa (Moses)) said: “Call me not to account for what I forgot, and be not hard upon me for my affair (with you).” (Quran, Surah Al-Kahf:73)

They proceeded further and found a boy playing with other boys. Al-Khidr killed him. The Quran describes that in this verse:

Then they both proceeded, till they met a boy, he (Khidr) killed him. (Prophet Moosa) said: “Have you killed an innocent person who had killed none? Verily, you have committed a thing “Nukra” (a great Munkar – prohibited, evil, dreadful thing)!” (Quran, Surah Al-Kahf:74)

AI-Khidr replied:

“Did I not tell you that you cannot remain patient with me?”

They went farther till they came to a town. They asked the people for food, but they refused. In this town they found a wall which was on the point of collapsing. Al-Khidr repaired it with his own hands. Moses said:

“If you had wished, surely you could have taken wages for it.”

The Quran states this as:

“Then they both proceeded, till, when they came to the people of a town, they asked them for food, but they refused to entertain them. Then they found therein a wall about to collapse and he (Khidr) set it up straight. (Moosa (Moses)) said: If you had wished, surely, you could have taken wages for it!” (Quran, Surah Kahf:77)

Al-Khidr then replied:

“This is the parting between you and me.”

Al-Khidr then explained all his actions which had astonished Moses and made him question them. He said that the ship which he had damaged, belonged to a few poor people working in the sea. A king was behind them seizing every ship by force. So by making it defective, he had saved it for its owners. As for the boy, his parents were believers, and there was a fear that the boy would oppress them by his rebellion and disbelief. So Allah planned to take him away and give them another child instead who would be more righteous and kind. As for the wall, it belonged to two orphan boys in the town. A treasure was hidden under it which also belonged to them; their father had been a righteous man, and Allah intended to safeguard their treasure. Building the wall ensured that the treasure would be protected till they reached maturity. Al-Khidr concluded that he had not done anything of his own accord but had followed Allah’s instructions.
The above incident is explained in Surah Al-Kahf, verses, 60-82.

In spite of repeated reminders from Khidr, and assurances from Moses that he would be patient and not question any of Khidr’s actions, Moses forgot his promise and demanded immediate explanations for actions that seemed to him unjust and inexplicable at the moment.

We can learn from this incident about the weakness of human mind and limitations of human understanding. The example should make us remember and resolve never to have any misgivings, surprise or regrets about occurrences in our life that might temporarily inconvenience us or thwart our desires. After all, it is Allah Who Knows what’s best for us and He, The Most Merciful, plans everything for our benefit which is not immediately visible to us....

https://www.iqrasense.com/stories-of-the-prophet/the-story-of-moses-and-ai-khidr-al-kahf-18-60-82.html

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Story Of Musa And Khidr (may Allah's Blessings Be Upon Them Both) by iamgenius(m): 12:55pm On Feb 24, 2018
JazaakaLlahu Khayran brother.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Musa And Khidr (may Allah's Blessings Be Upon Them Both) by rentAcock(m): 10:03am On Mar 02, 2018
Why do I have to confirm that I'm a Muslim before being able to post on Muslim threads? I don't see the same declaration on Christian oriented threads so what's up with that? Oh and if I dare say yes I'm a Muslim they will place an automatic muslim tag on my signature that says "I believe that there is no god/God but Allah and Muhammad is His Prophet." I can understand something like this being done to protect a minority religious or ethnic group to prevent unnecessary trolling or bias, but there are more muslims in Nigeria than Christians. I'm so pissed off by this I dont even want to comment on the story anymore

3 Likes

Re: The Story Of Musa And Khidr (may Allah's Blessings Be Upon Them Both) by eherbal(m): 10:09am On Mar 02, 2018
jazakumllah kairan

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Musa And Khidr (may Allah's Blessings Be Upon Them Both) by eherbal(m): 10:12am On Mar 02, 2018
rentAcock:
Why do I have to confirm that I'm a Muslim before being able to post on Muslim threads? I don't see the same declaration on Christian oriented threads so what's up with that? Oh and if I dare say yes I'm a Muslim they will place an automatic muslim tag on my signature that says "I believe that there is no god/God but Allah and Muhammad is His Prophet." I'm so missed off by this I dont even want to comment on the story anymore
you don't have to .your intentions shows mischief.good thing you're not commenting. we need peace here not confusions

3 Likes

Re: The Story Of Musa And Khidr (may Allah's Blessings Be Upon Them Both) by rentAcock(m): 10:18am On Mar 02, 2018
eherbal:
you don't have to .your intentions shows mischief.good thing you're not commenting. we need peace here not confusions

Hush over There, this is pure bias and intolerance. Anyone is free to roam about Christian threads calling pastors thieves and crooks but you dare not visit a Muslim thread to post, let alone criticize any aspect of the religion. That's a glaring double standard and it only helps in encouraging intolerance of other religious groups by Muslims. Heck, some lunatic killed a bunch of French journalists a few years ago because of a caricature depiction of Allah. Come on, this is sad

3 Likes

Re: The Story Of Musa And Khidr (may Allah's Blessings Be Upon Them Both) by Gokey15: 11:29am On Mar 02, 2018
I found your protest so funny!

How did you manage to post this protest without accepting signature/tag that you disagreed with?

rentAcock:
Why do I have to confirm that I'm a Muslim before being able to post on Muslim threads? I don't see the same declaration on Christian oriented threads so what's up with that? Oh and if I dare say yes I'm a Muslim they will place an automatic muslim tag on my signature that says "I believe that there is no god/God but Allah and Muhammad is His Prophet." I can understand something like this being done to protect a minority religious or ethnic group to prevent unnecessary trolling or bias, but there are more muslims in Nigeria than Christians. I'm so pissed off by this I dont even want to comment on the story anymore

2 Likes

Re: The Story Of Musa And Khidr (may Allah's Blessings Be Upon Them Both) by sirssb(m): 12:06pm On Mar 02, 2018
Jazakallahu bi khair
Re: The Story Of Musa And Khidr (may Allah's Blessings Be Upon Them Both) by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:57pm On Mar 02, 2018
rentAcock:
do not let this piss u 1bit
the mods who came up with this development aren't foools.
If u will be honest enough u ll admit to a disgusting trend amongst christians who dont only troll Islamic thread but derail them entirely and using the opportunity to rain insults on muslims and their prophet.
The mods who re mostly christians ve grown tired of this unnecessary christian provocation and aggression, hence the mandatory signature which is a commendable attempt to bring sanity to the religious section.
thanks
Re: The Story Of Musa And Khidr (may Allah's Blessings Be Upon Them Both) by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:05pm On Mar 02, 2018
rentAcock:

Hush over There, this is pure bias and intolerance. Anyone is free to roam about Christian threads calling pastors thieves and crooks but you dare not visit a Muslim thread to post, let alone criticize any aspect of the religion. That's a glaring double standard and it only helps in encouraging intolerance of other religious groups by Muslims. Heck, some lunatic killed a bunch of French journalists a few years ago because of a caricature depiction of Allah. Come on, this is sad
You hardly every find Muslims derail a christian thread.

Threads about pastor's debauchery do not usually come under the religious section, same way threads about muslim clerics misdemeanor do not come under religious section.
hope u re ok now

2 Likes

Re: The Story Of Musa And Khidr (may Allah's Blessings Be Upon Them Both) by zan1999: 1:45pm On Mar 02, 2018
rentAcock:

When next you talk about intolerance, get yourself a mirror. You will never find Muslims raining curses on Jesus (PBUH) or God but you guys rain abuses and curses on Muhammed (PBUH) and Almighty Allah the way you like. May Allah(God) forgive you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

OMG! How Muhammad And His Jihadits Made Their Wealth / Islam And The Protection Of The Environment / OBSERVATION. .....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.