Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,769 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:38 PM

Do Ibadan Men Make Good Husbands? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do Ibadan Men Make Good Husbands? (2346 Views)

60% Of Married Women Don’t Love Their Husbands- Lady Says, See Response / Female Medical Doctor Advises Husbands To Marry Extra Wife. See Why / Mistakes Men Make While Choosing A Wife In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Ibadan Men Make Good Husbands? by Nobody: 1:44am On Feb 25, 2018
One relative of mine is considering marrying an Ibadan man. Because we don't know much about Ibadan men and she's not on nairaland, thought I would come on here to ask. Can y'all tell me about these men ... anything at all? Like do they make good husbands? Are they faithful? How are they like in a marriage?

Note: I'm married and not asking for myself.
Re: Do Ibadan Men Make Good Husbands? by livebynite: 2:10am On Feb 25, 2018
How does this reduce the cost of Garri? angry

3 Likes

Re: Do Ibadan Men Make Good Husbands? by DonOms(m): 1:38pm On Feb 25, 2018
Every man is designed differently and is therefore different from the other fellow. While certain factors such as tradition, environment and the society can be great influences in what a man becomes, it still remains true that we are all different.

Your relative should study this man personally and if possible ask people who know him to tell about his character. That way, she will be better informed than the stereotyped and prejudiced comments you will get here about a group of people who will definitely be different from each other with regard to how much of a good husband they can be.

4 Likes

Re: Do Ibadan Men Make Good Husbands? by crackhaus: 1:47pm On Feb 25, 2018
aflyingbird:
One relative of mine is considering marrying an Ibadan man. Because we don't know much about Ibadan men and she's not on nairaland, thought I would come on here to ask. Can y'all tell me about these men ... anything at all? Like do they make good husbands? Are they faithful? How are they like in a marriage?

They are men, that's all there is to know really.

You know men right?
Two legs, two arms, one head, one brain, one d1ck.

Every other thing you need to know about this person should be subjective in the sense that you get to know him personally and not objectifying him as a native of Ibadan.

1 Like

Re: Do Ibadan Men Make Good Husbands? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Feb 25, 2018
aflyingbird:

I hope your relative and your people make good wives.

4 Likes

Re: Do Ibadan Men Make Good Husbands? by Olawale118(m): 6:16pm On Feb 25, 2018
what kind of question is this one now? I hope ladies from your village/town make good wives

3 Likes

Re: Do Ibadan Men Make Good Husbands? by Nobody: 1:28am On Feb 26, 2018
Y'all haven't helped at all. lol tongue

1 Like

Re: Do Ibadan Men Make Good Husbands? by spiralwedge(m): 6:31am On Feb 26, 2018
aflyingbird:

All I can say is I'm sorry for the man that's marrying into your myopic family. Imagine, generalizing millions of men into one character trait?
Both your husband and the ibadan man go try o. Mtschew

3 Likes

Re: Do Ibadan Men Make Good Husbands? by Nobody: 10:37am On Feb 26, 2018
aflyingbird:
Y'all haven't helped at all. lol tongue

Eskis me where are you from?
Do ladies from your tribe make good wives?
You don't need to answer, its a rhetoric but that's the answer to your question.

1 Like

Re: Do Ibadan Men Make Good Husbands? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 26, 2018
spiralwedge:

All I can say is I'm sorry for the man that's marrying into your myopic family. Imagine, generalizing millions of men into one character trait?
Both your husband and the ibadan man go try o. Mtschew

I'm guessing u must be an Ibadan man, that explains your anger. Why're u so frustrated on a thread which has done u no wrong?

I haven't said anything about Ibadan men at all. How can there be generalization when nothing has been said? All I've done was ask about them because I don't know much about them.

My husband is Ibo. He's an amazing man and very happy, thank u very much.

Now can someone who knows about Ibadan men come in here to give me a sensible reply? sad
Re: Do Ibadan Men Make Good Husbands? by DonOms(m): 9:08pm On Feb 26, 2018
aflyingbird:

I'm guessing u must be an Ibadan man, that explains your anger. Why're u so frustrated on a thread which has done u no wrong?

I haven't said anything about Ibadan men at all. How can there be generalization when nothing has been said? All I've done was ask about them because I don't know much about them.

Now can someone who knows about Ibadan men come in here to give me a sensible reply? sad

I'm not sure you get what we all are trying to tell you in different "languages." I'll explain better. Consider the part of your message I put in bold. Your husband is Ibo and he is an amazing man. Are all Ibo men amazing? No. But yours is. Some people say all sorts of negative things to Yoruba women about marrying Ibo men (I won't mention any though). Does this stereotype nonsense apply to your husband? No.

Tribal stereotypes have been attached to all parts of Nigeria since God-knows-when.If some are not stingy, some are dirty. If some are not fetish, some are serial cheats. If some are not serial divorcees, some are too proud. The list goes on and on. The factual truth remains that not all of the people from a tribe/place will truly exhibit the ridiculous labels others have tagged them.

Summary? Whatever you wish to hear here will not be true and will not be good judgement. I'm suspecting your relative may be in a long-distance relationship and under some kind of pressure to settle down, hence the need to ask this question online. Please tell your relative to get close to this man and know him for who he truly is, and not what others have labelled his tribespeople to be.

PS: I'm not from Ibadan although I lived there for over a decade.

4 Likes

Re: Do Ibadan Men Make Good Husbands? by spiralwedge(m): 12:43am On Feb 27, 2018
aflyingbird:

You guess wrong. I'm irked by you the more. You haven't said, you asked... Chisos, read what you wrote nah. Does it make sense? People should tell you all about men in a city? Shooo... Na so your level reach? You better remove this nonsense, see as you dey embarras your family

2 Likes

Re: Do Ibadan Men Make Good Husbands? by UjuJoan2: 3:53am On Feb 28, 2018
aflyingbird:

They know how they are so they are getting all defensive.

Biko, I'm not saying they are bad ooh, I'm just saying to tell your cousin to be very careful!

Me sha, would never consider going there, except the man in question is extraordinarily nice.

1 Like

Re: Do Ibadan Men Make Good Husbands? by prestigiouslady: 7:22am On Feb 28, 2018
A man is a man, and a race; a race.

being a good/responsible person doesn't have anything to do with colour, tribe, nationality, ethnicity, age, gender, religion, political affiliation or social background.

A good person is a good person irrespective of circumstances around them.

1 Like

Re: Do Ibadan Men Make Good Husbands? by prettyangel10(f): 8:41am On Feb 28, 2018
UjuJoan2:

Biko, I'm not saying they are bad ooh, I'm just saying to tell your cousin to be very careful!

Me sha, would never consider going there, except the man in question is extraordinarily nice.

We r not considering having you here too, so back off.

1 Like

Re: Do Ibadan Men Make Good Husbands? by benzion72(m): 4:40pm On Feb 28, 2018
Your question baffles me, so If I know one Ibadan man that is mean and wicked then it is applicable to 5 million Ibadan men.

Did you attend a university and did logic. Olu is an Ibadan man and wicked so all ibadan men are wicked

Madam please grow up, if there is true love between your sister and any man let them be.

1 Like

Re: Do Ibadan Men Make Good Husbands? by DonOms(m): 9:01pm On Feb 28, 2018
UjuJoan2:

Your statement in bold is exactly the point! How will you know if someone is extraordinarily nice? You simply get close to them and see for yourself.... NOT ask if people from his city are extraordinarily nice.

It's a simple, logical common sense and I have no idea why the OP and you are not getting it.
Re: Do Ibadan Men Make Good Husbands? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Feb 28, 2018
UjuJoan2:

Me sha, would never consider going there, except the man in question is extraordinarily nice

shocked how are they? Girl, tell me anything I should know shocked

Why should she be careful and why would u never consider an Ibadan man unless he's extraordinarily nice?
Re: Do Ibadan Men Make Good Husbands? by tabithababy(f): 5:39pm On Mar 01, 2018
UjuJoan2:

cheesy
Re: Do Ibadan Men Make Good Husbands? by tabithababy(f): 5:42pm On Mar 01, 2018
Op, your cousin can marry ibadan man if

1). She knows how to gossip very well

2). She is very friendly..... Fake friend things

3). She knows how to insult / abuse people very well

4). She doesn't know how to keep secrets cheesy

1 Like

Re: Do Ibadan Men Make Good Husbands? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 01, 2018
Ujujoan2, where are u?
Re: Do Ibadan Men Make Good Husbands? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Mar 01, 2018
tabithababy:
Op, your cousin can marry ibadan man if

1). She knows how to gossip very well

2). She is very friendly..... Fake friend things

3). She knows how to insult / abuse people very well

4). She doesn't know how to keep secrets cheesy

Are Ibadan men like the above?

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Some Men Reject Their Wife’s Food When They Are Angry? / I Have A Very Low Sellf Esteem. / 20% Off Now Get This Educational Tabs For Your Children At Very Cheap Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.