Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,779 members, 7,806,156 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

Whatsapp May Start Showing Enterprise Advertisements Soon - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp May Start Showing Enterprise Advertisements Soon (7667 Views)

Help Me Out My Samsunga30 Screen Just Start Showing Blank / WhatsApp may not work on your Phone in 2020 check the list. / Whatsapp Will Start Showing Ads In The Status Tab, VP Confirms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatsapp May Start Showing Enterprise Advertisements Soon by NaijaTechGuy(m): 3:09am On Feb 26, 2018
Whatsapp has been running free for a very long time without providing any revenue stream for Facebook and we've all been wondering how Whatsapp makes money since there are no Ads.

I was actually a beta tester for Whatsapp Business way back before it was rolled out for use globally and I got to test a lot of features and monetization is something that may come to the app very soon based on the number of tests I conducted.

Although WhatsApp's policy has always been non-inclusion of ads, after cancelling the payment of the annual fee.

Now, it seems that a collaboration between Facebook and WhatsApp Business will start advertising on the platform. Although for now its format and characteristics are unknown.

WhatsApp has updated it's terms of service in the beta version of the Android application to add new details related to advertising.

Here is a fragment of the new advertising terms and conditions of the platform :-

“WhatsApp is working to find useful ways for our users to connect with companies on WhatsApp to receive information about orders, transactions and appointments, notifications of delivery and shipment, the update of products and services, marketing messages, listings of commercial directories to discover business on WhatsApp and other sponsored content/announcements of these companies”.

“During the next year, we will work with Facebook companies to do so. For example, you may see options on Facebook to start a conversation with a company on WhatsApp. If you use the Facebook Company Products, we will ask Facebook to use the information it has about you and your interests to help us provide you with a way to connect with companies in a relevant and personalized way through informative marketing messages, listings of business directories and other content/sponsored ads on WhatsApp.”

Now, does this mean that WhatsApp is getting ready to bombard us with ads?

At the moment, the only thing I'm sure about is that companies can send us advertising information, but the format or specific characteristics have not yet been defined at any point.

However, it still seems unlikely that they will begin to show ads in the application, but everything seems aimed at offering additional functions to WhatsApp Business to monetize the platform. At the moment there is no official confirmation from the company, so I guess we all will have to wait to learn more
Cc mynd44 lalasticlala
Re: Whatsapp May Start Showing Enterprise Advertisements Soon by NaijaTechGuy(m): 3:37am On Feb 26, 2018
Re: Whatsapp May Start Showing Enterprise Advertisements Soon by HeWrites(m): 6:04am On Feb 26, 2018
It'd be great
Re: Whatsapp May Start Showing Enterprise Advertisements Soon by Nobody: 6:57am On Feb 26, 2018
angry

This isn't good atall... People enjoyed whatsapp over the years because of its swiftness and Ad free..

In my opinion, creating Channels would have been better, because you only choose to enter the channel if you wish to, not bombarding your phone with ads while you're on an important chat.

I just hope this goes down well..1

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp May Start Showing Enterprise Advertisements Soon by Jayclinics(m): 6:58am On Feb 26, 2018
Not bad
Re: Whatsapp May Start Showing Enterprise Advertisements Soon by pejuakinab: 6:58am On Feb 26, 2018
Welcome development
Re: Whatsapp May Start Showing Enterprise Advertisements Soon by zeekeyboy: 6:59am On Feb 26, 2018
I hate Ads

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp May Start Showing Enterprise Advertisements Soon by Philistine(m): 7:00am On Feb 26, 2018
They are already disturbing us with their unwanted ad. So which one are u yapping again?

5 Likes

Re: Whatsapp May Start Showing Enterprise Advertisements Soon by emmyfizzy12(m): 7:00am On Feb 26, 2018
issokey,
Re: Whatsapp May Start Showing Enterprise Advertisements Soon by basic23111: 7:02am On Feb 26, 2018
I will uninstall and switch to other app, if disturb with any useless ad

3 Likes

Re: Whatsapp May Start Showing Enterprise Advertisements Soon by iMUMUweh(m): 7:06am On Feb 26, 2018
shocked

hope they will advertise blue film

shocked
Re: Whatsapp May Start Showing Enterprise Advertisements Soon by Chukazu: 7:14am On Feb 26, 2018
When Mark Zukerberg said he won't creat advertising channels on WhatsApp I was laughing hard.

Someone that is seeking every opportunity to add to his billions

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp May Start Showing Enterprise Advertisements Soon by Nobody: 7:15am On Feb 26, 2018
Facebook should learn from Google.... Master of ad, ads, advert, advertising and advertisement.

No wonder they record billions of dollars yearly.

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp May Start Showing Enterprise Advertisements Soon by nkemjacob2(m): 7:17am On Feb 26, 2018
I see Mark Z. Over taken Bill Gates as world richest man few years from now. I hail mark kind of business tactics
Re: Whatsapp May Start Showing Enterprise Advertisements Soon by NPComplete: 7:23am On Feb 26, 2018
And we were only just complaining about the Google adpocalypse. Now Facebook have decided to adopt a similar strategy and inundate us with unsolicited ads too.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp May Start Showing Enterprise Advertisements Soon by NPComplete: 7:25am On Feb 26, 2018
nkemjacob2:
I see Mark Z. Over taken Bill Gates as world richest man few years from now. I hail mark kind of business tactics

Bill Gates isn't even the world's richest man. Get informed.

7 Likes

Re: Whatsapp May Start Showing Enterprise Advertisements Soon by Nobody: 7:32am On Feb 26, 2018
So the Ad popping out already from the App is from which source?
Re: Whatsapp May Start Showing Enterprise Advertisements Soon by MrMoney007: 7:33am On Feb 26, 2018
This mark is just stuffing down rubbish down our throats
Re: Whatsapp May Start Showing Enterprise Advertisements Soon by joystickextend1(m): 7:37am On Feb 26, 2018
ok...noted

Meanwhile Guy's check out my profile for tour extender products and other adult fantasy toy's
Re: Whatsapp May Start Showing Enterprise Advertisements Soon by begwong: 8:05am On Feb 26, 2018
Good advance notice. I will never update my current whatsapp app. Same thing opera mini app is doing with irrelevant ads now!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp May Start Showing Enterprise Advertisements Soon by NaijaTechGuy(m): 8:14am On Feb 26, 2018
Vision2045:
So the Ad popping out already from the App is from which source?

Pop up ads on whatsapp. I haven't noticed that.
Re: Whatsapp May Start Showing Enterprise Advertisements Soon by EaglesT(m): 8:20am On Feb 26, 2018
When they are not mad. I'd rather not update my whatsapp
Re: Whatsapp May Start Showing Enterprise Advertisements Soon by Scholarsticchai: 8:22am On Feb 26, 2018
Telegram might just take over .
Re: Whatsapp May Start Showing Enterprise Advertisements Soon by DollarAngel(m): 8:24am On Feb 26, 2018
Telegram Oya take over

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp May Start Showing Enterprise Advertisements Soon by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:33am On Feb 26, 2018
Telegram (1) own goal
WhatsApp (0)
Re: Whatsapp May Start Showing Enterprise Advertisements Soon by designVATExcel: 8:38am On Feb 26, 2018
It's about time. Once it's done diplomatically, between chats and not like those on most free game Apps users wouldn't mind.
Afterall we're all used to adverts on Instagram and Facebook now.

I hate those pop up adverts like crazy eh, with their 'very hard to click' close button.
Re: Whatsapp May Start Showing Enterprise Advertisements Soon by hexy40: 8:46am On Feb 26, 2018
Everybody hates adds, but if an app is free the onlyway for the owner to earn is through adds. So it's either u pay or u view adds . No one likes to work and nobody pays for his work

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp May Start Showing Enterprise Advertisements Soon by chuksjuve(m): 8:51am On Feb 26, 2018
More profit and revenues for mobile service airtime and data operators ....

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp May Start Showing Enterprise Advertisements Soon by don4real18(m): 8:57am On Feb 26, 2018
They have a large database of numbers that can be sold to large cooperations for big bucks

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Use AIRTEL 2gb For 200 On 3g Normal Speed No App Needed Only Settings / The Top 151 Fastest Phones In The World!! See Where Yours Stand. (Android/iOS) / How To Fix Your Bricked MTK Devices (SOFT + HARD)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.