Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,388 members, 7,808,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

Problems With The JAMB Website? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Problems With The JAMB Website? (1098 Views)

Am Having Problems With My Adsense Approval / Jamb Website 2012 Registration Wahala! / Having Problems With Graphcard? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problems With The JAMB Website? by egift(m): 11:06am On Apr 26, 2010
It is sad to see the JAMB website not meeting expectations at all. They seems to be having these problems all the time. Am sure I may not be the only making these observations.

From my point of observation, here are few:
- Difficult to load (this cannot be file size - because most of the time it doesn't look big)
- Unavailable (I hear some people tell you its at night it works - they be witch?)
- Too many names (jambonline.org - jambng.com - jamb.org.ng - jambutme.com - jamb.biz) these can cause confusion.

Jamb and those in charge of their web portal needs to sit up. Am not a JAMBite but as a webmaster I find it appalling. Most of the problems are very easy to fix.
Re: Problems With The JAMB Website? by DualCore1: 11:40am On Apr 26, 2010
The site is hosted in Nigeria by Accelon which is said to be a "good isp". Well the JAMB website says enough about Accelon, needless to say more.
Re: Problems With The JAMB Website? by c7(m): 11:53am On Apr 26, 2010
I tink jamb have several websites.
I dnt knw if it hosted on d/f servers. If so, why wnt they just make each and every website to access their result database, so that one website/server wnt have to much query.
I fink that makes sm sense
Re: Problems With The JAMB Website? by candylips(m): 1:15pm On Apr 26, 2010
why dem no host the site abroad
Re: Problems With The JAMB Website? by OmniPotens(m): 3:12pm On Apr 26, 2010
I thought I had a jamb link for easy accessing of results. I will get it later on here
Re: Problems With The JAMB Website? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Apr 26, 2010
Load time may be cause they did not round it up to MVC 2 Architechture !!!

grin
Re: Problems With The JAMB Website? by egift(m): 9:23am On Apr 27, 2010
To keep having this problem is not acceptable at all. They should have expected these traffic. Moreover, the traffic they get in the first week of releasing their result is still lower than most search sites get on a regular bases. I hope they do something about it.
Re: Problems With The JAMB Website? by OmniPotens(m): 11:50am On Apr 27, 2010
Did you take JAMB and probably want to see your result or something?
Re: Problems With The JAMB Website? by bug24(m): 2:25pm On Apr 27, 2010
@OMNIPOTENS, dats an accusation towards a graduate. lol., bt honestly, dis jamb peepz nid 2make more research. they r just not too ready.
Re: Problems With The JAMB Website? by OmniPotens(m): 5:53pm On Apr 27, 2010
Sorry I never meant it that way. I only want to know if he was trying to access a result. I could access it and paste the results for him or something.

@bug24 Please don't complicate issue here oooo shocked
Re: Problems With The JAMB Website? by egift(m): 6:21pm On Apr 27, 2010
OmniPotens:

Sorry I never meant it that way. I only want to know if he was trying to access a result. I could access it and paste the results for him or something.

@bug24 Please don't complicate issue here oooo shocked

Apology accepted. I finished 2006. Read Computer Science. Specialized as a Web Developer.

I have had to help a lot of people as they had challenges accessing their results. Jamb should just put things together in expectation of the usual heavy traffic.

I really love the fact that results are released faster now than what I had in my time.

(1) (Reply)

Who Can Help Me Design This For A Token / Where Are The Hackers In The House,why Is The Website Scholarsponsor Still Up / Joomla Error: Ssl-error-rx-record-too-long-and-apache-ssl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.