Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,636 members, 7,801,835 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

Children Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi (Photos) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Children Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi (Photos) (41054 Views)

Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 / His Imperial Majesty, Oba Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi III, The Alaafin Of Oyo Is 80 / His Imperial Majesty, Oba (dr.) Lamidi Olayiwola Atanda Adeyemi III, Is 79 Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Children Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi (Photos) by vanessaRN(f): 11:55am On Feb 26, 2018

Many of you know, love and respect the Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Adeyemi. You also might have heard about his most prominent children, like Princess Folashade or Prince Akeem. But did you know that Alaafin has (at least) twenty grown children? In this article, we will tell you all about Alaafin of Oyo children.

Meet Alaafin of Oyo's children
Who is the Alaafin of Oyo?

Meet Alaafin of Oyo's children

First of all, let’s get the technicalities out of the way. Alaafin (literally translated as the Man of the Palace in Yoruba), is the name for the emperor of the Oyo empire. Even though the empire now mostly exists in the history books and in Yoruba people’s hearts, it is an important traditional post.

Since 1970, Lamidi Olayiwola Atanda Adeyemi the Third, more commonly known as Oba Adeyemi, has occupied this post. He was born in 1938 on October 15, which makes him 78 years old. He has four wives. He has been together with his first wife, Ayaba Abibat, for more than fifty years. Like Adeyemi, she is also 78 years old. Whereas his most recent wife is also the youngest. She will be 28 in November this year.

His four wives have given him many children, and today we will tell you more about 20 of them that have already achieved something great. They are all considered princes and princesses, so we will drop the honorifics to not repeat ourselves.
Children of Oba Adeyemi

Babatunde Israel Adeyemi

This Alaafin of Oyo son has graduated from Uthman-Dan-Fodio University in Sokoto. He is a certified lawyer and a professional in his trade. Currently, he is in his fifties, working as a pastor, as well as working at Oodu’a Investment Ltd. Babatunde has a beautiful wife Omolara, who is the Justice at High Court of Oyo state. They have a wonderful family and kids. He is humble and kind.
Folashade Adeyemi

Alaafin of Oyo’s most famous daughter received higher education in the United States. She is the CEO of Arewa House of Culture. In addition to that, she is involved in politics and she the leader of women in Oyo. Folashade could be described as a smart and cultured woman who stays true to her heritage.

source
https://www.reportnaija.ng/2018/02/26/photos-meet-alaafin-oyos-children/

1 Like

Re: Children Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi (Photos) by omowolewa: 11:57am On Feb 26, 2018
More power to you Baba Akeem
Re: Children Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi (Photos) by NwaChibuzor13: 12:07pm On Feb 26, 2018
Must the Alaafin of oyo be aafin in colour? Generally, yoruba kings occupy the lower half of the food chain. They stand no where and can't be compared with nothern kings/ rulers not to talk of igbo kings/rulers despite the fact that they have destroyed the name of royalty no thanks to their numerous ceremonial positions.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Children Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi (Photos) by thesicilian: 12:10pm On Feb 26, 2018
Another mko in the making.
Re: Children Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi (Photos) by Homeboiy: 12:24pm On Feb 26, 2018
OK... See cloudy weather Biko nu
Re: Children Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi (Photos) by Nobody: 1:10pm On Feb 26, 2018
First of all, let’s get the technicalities out of the way. Alaafin (literally translated as the Man of the Palace in Yoruba), is the name for the emperor of the Oyo empire. Even though the empire now mostly exists in the history books and in Yoruba people’s hearts, it is an important traditional post.

Interesting point.
Re: Children Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi (Photos) by wethebest(m): 1:11pm On Feb 26, 2018
nice

1 Like

Re: Children Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi (Photos) by Nobody: 1:11pm On Feb 26, 2018
His dick must be very big to have produced such huge numbers of children smiley
Re: Children Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi (Photos) by Josh44s(m): 1:11pm On Feb 26, 2018
Ugly fuckers..

2 Shares

Re: Children Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi (Photos) by conductorL3: 1:13pm On Feb 26, 2018
Re: Children Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi (Photos) by pwiz(m): 1:14pm On Feb 26, 2018
Nice to know..

1 Like

Re: Children Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi (Photos) by luckygirl02(f): 1:14pm On Feb 26, 2018
I pass thru his palace to my family compound everytime and I have never set my eyes on him.
Re: Children Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi (Photos) by VampireeM(f): 1:14pm On Feb 26, 2018
Re: Children Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi (Photos) by Nobody: 1:14pm On Feb 26, 2018
How about TillaMan? I thought he is the real omo oba again o?

(Police show am shege! cry
Re: Children Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi (Photos) by jonadaft: 1:14pm On Feb 26, 2018
This is supposed to be the HIGHEST traditional ruler in Yoruba land.
The highest authority

But his priest from ìfẹ́ snatched it cry

1 Like

Re: Children Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi (Photos) by Nobody: 1:15pm On Feb 26, 2018
Jonathan:
The highest authority

Of what relevance are these traditional leaders sef?
Re: Children Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi (Photos) by otunbabadok(m): 1:18pm On Feb 26, 2018
Interesting thing
Re: Children Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi (Photos) by dragunov: 1:18pm On Feb 26, 2018
NwaChibuzor13:
Must the Alaafin of oyo be aafin in colour? Generally, yoruba kings occupy the lower half of the food chain. They stand no where and can't be compared with nothern kings/ rulers not to talk of igbo kings/rulers despite the fact that they have destroyed the name of royalty no thanks to their numerous ceremonial positions.

Igbo kings my foot! The concept of kingship is alien to the igbo culture. Its a recent phenomenon that has been thoroughly overflogged by Nollywood.
All the drug barons, kidnappers, armed robbers, ritualists and all sorts that you have imposed on yourselves as kings............ Awon oniyeye.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Children Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi (Photos) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Feb 26, 2018
Gungnir:

Of what relevance are these traditional leaders sef?
none! Just eat govt allocations and coniving wit dem
Re: Children Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi (Photos) by ashjay001(m): 1:20pm On Feb 26, 2018
K'ade pe lori, ki bata pe lese

1 Like

Re: Children Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi (Photos) by supereagle(m): 1:22pm On Feb 26, 2018
My Grand Pa was Oba in my community, but I detest the royalty.
Re: Children Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi (Photos) by Nobody: 1:25pm On Feb 26, 2018
IjeleNwa:
none! Just eat govt allocations and coniving wit dem

It's only because of how fractured our society is on ethnic lines, if not, the whole should have been scrapped a long time ago.

This is why I keep reiterating that the regional government is the best for Nigeria. All these unnecessary positions will be jettisoned.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Children Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi (Photos) by RALPHOW(m): 1:26pm On Feb 26, 2018
Nice one Iku Babayeye
First Son a Pastor, that is why Yoruba is the best, most tolerance and civilized culture in Nigeria.
If it is other part of the country they will disown their son for taking a decision on his religion.

3 Likes

Re: Children Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi (Photos) by Nobody: 1:28pm On Feb 26, 2018
supereagle:
My Grand Pa was Oba in my community, but I detest the royalty.

Imagine a community having an Oba, such ludicrous things. So much position little to show for it.

1 Like

Re: Children Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi (Photos) by ybalogs(m): 1:28pm On Feb 26, 2018
Where are others?
Re: Children Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi (Photos) by ybalogs(m): 1:29pm On Feb 26, 2018
Where's Bambino in the list? The list is definitely not complete without him.
Re: Children Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi (Photos) by ybalogs(m): 1:31pm On Feb 26, 2018
And his grown twins. Like one of them is in national or state assembly.
Re: Children Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi (Photos) by Ayospanish(m): 1:42pm On Feb 26, 2018
xxxblast08ii:
don't fall brethren it's a scam I hv been scamed
Re: Children Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi (Photos) by omoelerin1: 1:44pm On Feb 26, 2018
Jonathan:
The highest authority

wetin u sabi
Re: Children Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi (Photos) by jonadaft: 1:49pm On Feb 26, 2018
omoelerin1:
wetin u sabi
Olódo

Go to school, u nor gree

(1) (2) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Night Burial As Per Yoruba Ìṣẹ̀ṣe Religious Rites / Masquerades In Igboland / Anambra Man Laments Killing Of Pythons [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.