Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,234 members, 7,780,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:30 PM

BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? (76657 Views)

Poll: What's Your Preference?

BMW X5: 43% (52 votes)
Mercedes Benz ML: 32% (39 votes)
Audi Q7: 16% (20 votes)
Volkswagen Touareg: 6% (8 votes)
This poll has ended

Honda Accord 2005 Model V6 Vs Mercedes Benz C240 2003 Model / Toyota Camry 1997 2.2 Xle Vs Bmw E36(318i) Vs Mercedes C220 / Bmw760li Vs. Mercedes S63 The Beast Versus The Wild Cat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 26, 2010
Looking at both these SUV's. Bar costs, which would you go for, and what would give one the edge over the other?

I'm looking at the first generation of both the above SUV's.

*For the sake of comparison, and due to their mention, the Audi Q7 and Volkswagen Touareg have been added to the group.*

Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by Vipermann: 12:52pm On Apr 26, 2010
NO CONTEST! BMW straight away!

SMARTER MOVEMENTS ON HIGH-SPEED
MORE COMPACT
FASTER ACCELERATION
BETTER INTERIOR
, A FINER MASCULINE EXTERIOR

finito! smiley

1 Like

Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by Dizzybizzy: 12:57pm On Apr 26, 2010
Mercedes ML any time, any day!
BMW is for those that want class, those that have class drive Mercedes. Even the MD/CEO of BMW drives a Mercedes benz.
Even the arrangement of the photos says it all. Mercedes is always on top!

3 Likes

Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Apr 26, 2010
I agree - I test drove the X5 3,0 petrol vs the ML 430. The BMW is quicker, despite being an I6 and 1,3L smaller than the ML. It's better around the twisties, and feels more like a regular car than the more softly-sprung ML. The X5 4,4 V8 6-Speed manual's an absolute blast!

I'm looking at a 2005> BMX X5 3,0 6-speed manual. Better resale value here too, the ML's go for very little money used.

My choice: BMW X5 3,0 6-Speed Manual.  cool

1 Like

Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Apr 26, 2010
Dizzybizzy:

Mercedes ML any time, any day!
BMW is for those that want class, those that have class drive Mercedes. Even the MD/CEO of BMW drives a Mercedes benz.

Ah, but that's his choice. Not reason enough to make me want one too. smiley
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by sholasho(m): 1:46pm On Apr 26, 2010
Even If i close my eyes to pick am gonna pick x5 it speaks everything. But sienna enlightened us more on the engine of the benz too. But x5 any day any time.
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by candylips(m): 1:58pm On Apr 26, 2010
X5 all the way man.

How much is a brand new BMW X5 by the way ??

1 Like

Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 26, 2010
candylips:

X5 all the way man.

How much is a brand new BMW X5 by the way ??

Dependent on spec:

Model  OTR Price  Fuel  BIK (%)  CO2 (g/km)  Combined fuel consumption (mpg)  Power Output (hp)  0-62mph (secs)

X5 xDrive50i SE *    £55,080 Petrol 35% 292                      22.6                                                         408         5.5
X5 xDrive30d SE *    £43,980 Diesel 30% 195                      38.2                                                         245         7.6
X5 xDrive40d SE *    £46,310 Diesel 30% 198                      37.7                                                         306         6.6

Model    OTR Price         Fuel  BIK (%)  CO2 (g/km)  Combined fuel consumption (mpg)  Power Output (hp)  0-62mph (secs)

X5 xDrive50i M Sport *    £58,175 Petrol 35% 292               22.6                                                          408 5.5
X5 xDrive30d M Sport *    £48,315 Diesel 30% 195               38.2                                                          245 7.6
X5 xDrive40d M Sport *    £50,645 Diesel 30% 198               37.7                                                          306 6.6

1 Like

Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by candylips(m): 3:49pm On Apr 26, 2010
Thanks . The car is worth that 55K for sure
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by mastro: 3:51pm On Apr 26, 2010
If 1st gen then got to be the X5 have friends who have owned both from new, the X5 is simply a much better built car, in fact one of the guys who brought a ML new pxed it for a 2nd hand X5.

If you are  talking 2nd gen then it's much closer.
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by Fhemmmy: 4:03pm On Apr 26, 2010
They are both german machines.
So i will surely go for the X5, cos it is more fun and not as boring as the ML . . . just a personal choice, i hate a ride that has a boring dash.

The shape of the X5 is sleek in my own opinion.

Hold value better than benz.

Benz is too ppopular in Nija and i love something that aint as common as pure water.

If you ever need help in getting one, we could pre-order one for you at a cost that wont break your bank.
For more info and concerns . . . . . . . Femmmy.moto@gmail.com
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 26, 2010
^^^ Nice one, Fhemmmy. cool

I haven't forgotten - still have your number. We'll do business in the near future.
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by candylips(m): 4:22pm On Apr 26, 2010
Nice one Fhemmmy.

I am definately saving up for this machine.

Is Coscharis the best place to get authentic BMW in lagos
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by Shock(m): 4:35pm On Apr 26, 2010
The benz over there looks like a bus!

The X5 anyday anytime.

But if you include Audi Q7 in the options, then you are talking about the mother of all SUVs. . .  cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Apr 26, 2010
The Audi Q7's my favourite SUV, but I'm looking more at SUV's I can afford, without having to take out a finance agreement.

I only ever pay cash for cars, and buy what I can afford. smiley

1 Like

Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by Vipermann: 4:43pm On Apr 26, 2010
***bows at the sight of the Q7***

cool
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by candylips(m): 5:00pm On Apr 26, 2010
Q7 is too big jor
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by Fhemmmy: 5:22pm On Apr 26, 2010
Siena:

^^^ Nice one, Fhemmmy. cool

I haven't forgotten - still have your number. We'll do business in the near future.

I cant wait to do business with person of your calibre with wealth of knowledge about cars.
I love the Q7 too much that i must drive one.

candylips:

Nice one Fhemmmy.

I am definately saving up for this machine.

Is Coscharis the best place to get authentic BMW in lagos

We could Pre-Order a great one for you and make it way cheaper than what is being sold in Nigeria.

candylips:

Q7 is too big jor

You must be kidding . . . . It is a ride that Audi learnt how to maximize space and yet make it too luxurious
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by candylips(m): 5:32pm On Apr 26, 2010
Fhemmmy:

We could Pre-Order a great one for you and make it way cheaper than what is being sold in Nigeria.

ok and how about servicing and general maintainance

can i have your contact details. an email address perhaps
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by platinumnk(f): 5:36pm On Apr 26, 2010
***Salivates at the Sight of the Q7 with the bluelights***

Siena:

The Audi Q7's my favourite SUV, but I'm looking more at SUV's I can afford, without having to take out a finance agreement.

I only ever pay cash for cars, and buy what I can afford. smiley
Thats my fathers Philosphy- Never Finance lol  grin

My Vote: BMW
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by Fhemmmy: 5:40pm On Apr 26, 2010
candylips:

ok and how about servicing and general maintainance

can i have your contact details. an email address perhaps

Femmmy.moto@gmail.com . . . . . . . Mail us and we will talk more about how to get you the dream ride without having to break the bank.
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by mastro: 5:50pm On Apr 26, 2010
I only ever pay cash for cars, and buy what I can afford.

Well yes, most of the time is an ideal approach to life, however,

When you have investment opportunities that offer a higher rate of return than the finance then the question becomes how much risk is involved

Or when your mortgage rate is higher than the offered finance rate, then finance may make sense, especially when buying a relatively expensive car where depreciation will be the highest cost.

Then to really throw the cat among the pigeons, leasing may actually work out a lot cheaper than buying outright, for example my sis (in the UK) brought a CLC 200 cdi Sport end of 2008 auto leather pano roof etc, is paying £220 a month for 3 yrs will probably work out much cheaper than buying and selling after 3 or 4 years.

1 Like

Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by platinumnk(f): 5:59pm On Apr 26, 2010
Leasing will be cheaper but It's just long time renting.
You dont make money off the car, as you dont own it, So no trade ins or selling it.

Siena I saw a 2007 Q7 for 28,990$, Its not that bad to get one as you can haggle the price down. tongue
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 26, 2010
^^^ Plat, that's a good price, by any standards. The Audi Q7 is still a relatively rare sight.
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Apr 26, 2010
I may just stick with Audi - been scouring the ads for a 2004/5 BMW X5 3,0 diesel, and can only find automatics. Both auto and manual were offered up till 2006, then auto only thereafter.

It's possible no manual versions were sold in Britain though.
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by tkb417(m): 6:59pm On Apr 26, 2010
x5 and ML are not in the same wavelength

x5 shits on ML everyday of the week
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by platinumnk(f): 7:26pm On Apr 26, 2010
Siena:

^^^ Plat, that's a good price, by any standards. The Audi Q7 is still a relatively rare sight.
of course I saw this in the US, I dont know how much for the UK embarassed

Maybe you can get it shipped? undecided

Good Luck- Get what you really want Bro wink
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Apr 26, 2010
platinumnk:

of course I saw this in the US, I dont know how much for the UK embarassed
Maybe you can get it shipped? undecided
Good Luck- Get what you really want Bro wink

With shipping costs, won't be worth it. I'll wait till prices are closer to what I wish to spend.

With brand new Siena almost due, other things take priority. wink
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by Shock(m): 9:38pm On Apr 26, 2010
I believe the price of Q7 is a little closer to X5, i might be wrong tho
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by octar6: 9:57pm On Apr 26, 2010
The Q7,oh my God is simply the bomb.just forget the mercedez stuff,its old skool.I tell u,The audi is a rear sighed vehicle on the road,and commands alot of effizy,prestige,levels,swagger,ginger, etc. Lol., the BMW is also a great SUV. especially its masculinity is outstanding.it will also make a great ride.
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by platinumnk(f): 10:19pm On Apr 26, 2010
Siena:

With shipping costs, won't be worth it. I'll wait till prices are closer to what I wish to spend.

OH Wow! Congrats Bro!! I'm so happy for you two! kiss smiley smiley smiley
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 26, 2010
Siena:

Congrats Sienna, I expect a Baby Ceremony Invitation wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Strange Car Spotted At Ikotun, Lagos Yesterday(pics) / $28m Rolls Royce Boat-Tail: World's Most Expensive Car (Photos) / Lagos Hustle!!! Look At How These Guys Washed A Moving Car In Lagos Traffic.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.