Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,932 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? - Car Talk (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? (76722 Views)

Poll: What's Your Preference?

BMW X5: 43% (52 votes)
Mercedes Benz ML: 32% (39 votes)
Audi Q7: 16% (20 votes)
Volkswagen Touareg: 6% (8 votes)
This poll has ended

Honda Accord 2005 Model V6 Vs Mercedes Benz C240 2003 Model / Toyota Camry 1997 2.2 Xle Vs Bmw E36(318i) Vs Mercedes C220 / Bmw760li Vs. Mercedes S63 The Beast Versus The Wild Cat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by komekn(m): 9:31pm On Jun 29, 2012
The question has to be qualified with location both SUV’s are exceptional in my opinion, however, the one I would choose to drive in the UK may not be the one I’d like to drive in Nigeria. Let me explain.

1st choice the Merc. ML63 AMG, in my opinion this rides is insane, it nearly cost me my licence the acceleration is just mad and the ease at which it can double the speed limit just crazy. What strikes me is the way it does it, sticking to the corners and tarmac like GLUE. Bad points it drinks , drinks and drinks the juice possibly worse than a hummer H2.

The question is would I drive it in Nigeria, No Way, firstly, the suspension is too stiff, you will feel every bump, gallop, undulation in our sorry to say quite poor roads. The X5 and I’m talking the M sport, I have not driven but I guess the sports suspension and dampers will leave me feeling like I rode on the back of a 404 pickup.

My suspicion not deduction is that the Q7 with its air suspension set up could have the more compliant ride and therefore the greater comfort, which would suit my commute from Lagos to Warri – No Shakin !!! And therefore my No. 1 choice.

Finally, in my experience the SUV with the most luxurious, comfortable and compliant ride on our roads that I have personally tested is the Range Rover Vogue and please that does not include the Range Rover Sport . However, vanity wins sometimes and the Range to me is a bit of an Old man’s car a bit too conservative and of course I voted Labour.

Q7 Wins it 4 me, I wonder if I bought, one used it for 4wks would I be able to sell it in good time. When it comes to SUV’s we can have very parochial views, so not too many people in 9Ja may want the Q7.

1 Like

Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by alfredmartins: 10:41pm On May 21, 2013
mastro:

Well yes, most of the time is an ideal approach to life, however,

When you have investment opportunities that offer a higher rate of return than the finance then the question becomes how much risk is involved

Or when your mortgage rate is higher than the offered finance rate, then finance may make sense, especially when buying a relatively expensive car where depreciation will be the highest cost.

Then to really throw the cat among the pigeons, leasing may actually work out a lot cheaper than buying outright, for example my sis (in the UK) brought a CLC 200 cdi Sport end of 2008 auto leather pano roof etc, is paying £220 a month for 3 yrs will probably work out much cheaper than buying and selling after 3 or 4 years.08067781491 alfredmartins639@yahoo.com

Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by alfredmartins: 10:47pm On May 21, 2013
mastro:

Well yes, most of the time is an ideal approach to life, however,

When you have investment opportunities that offer a higher rate of return than the finance then the question becomes how much risk is involved

Or when your mortgage rate is higher than the offered finance rate, then finance may make sense, especially when buying a relatively expensive car where depreciation will be the highest cost.

Then to really throw the cat among the pigeons, leasing may actually work out a lot cheaper than buying outright, for example my sis (in the UK) brought a CLC 200 cdi Sport end of 2008 auto leather pano roof etc, is paying £220 a month for 3 yrs will probably work out much cheaper than buying and selling after 3 or 4 years.
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by alfredmartins: 10:58pm On May 21, 2013
First hand new tokunbo cars for sale here in nigeria in customs ports by custom officers,these cars are seized by different customs officers
for illegal importation of these cars to the country;they are readily available in give away price...If you are interested in owning a very
sound car at a very cheap rate; rating from 250,000 upward; this a great opportunity.
These cars are in different ports in nigeria awaiting removal by clearance, you will get what ever clearance that is to get the cars
out, this is a give-away price for all the seized cars by the custom officers at a very cheap rate.Contact mr alfred on 08067781491 or email alfredcustomcars438@yahoo.com .

Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by alfredmartins: 11:04pm On May 21, 2013
First hand new tokunbo cars for sale here in nigeria in customs ports by custom officers,these cars are seized by different customs officers
for illegal importation of these cars to the country;they are readily available in give away price...If you are interested in owning a very
sound car at a very cheap rate; rating from 250,000 upward; this a great opportunity.
These cars are in different ports in nigeria awaiting removal by clearance, you will get what ever clearance that is to get the cars
out, this is a give-away price for all the seized cars by the custom officers at a very cheap rate.Contact mr lewis on 08135379368 or email lewiscustomcars438@yahoo.com .

Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by Nobody: 11:46am On May 22, 2013
alfredmartins: First hand new tokunbo cars for sale here in nigeria in customs ports by custom officers,these cars are seized by different customs officers
out, this is a give-away price for all the seized cars by the custom officers at a very cheap rate.Contact mr alfred on 08067781491 or email alfredcustomcars438@yahoo.com .

[size=36pt]THIEF![/size]

3 Likes

Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by TableLeg(m): 11:46am On May 22, 2013
Siena:

[size=36pt]THIEF![/size]

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by TableLeg(m): 11:48am On May 22, 2013
alfredmartins: First hand new tokunbo cars for sale here in nigeria in customs ports by custom officers,these cars are seized by different customs officers

You will rot in JAIL ..... Bastard!
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by oweniwe(m): 9:58am On Feb 03, 2015
Me nor get hand for the 1st Gen ML o... Particularly dos below 04..... undecided

but 2nd Gen ML..... Who born BMW angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Strange Car Spotted At Ikotun, Lagos Yesterday(pics) / $28m Rolls Royce Boat-Tail: World's Most Expensive Car (Photos) / Sex In The Car And Its Consequences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.