Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,520 members, 7,801,405 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

Do You Think This Is A Good Buy? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Do You Think This Is A Good Buy? (1775 Views)

Is Lexus IS 250 A Good Buy? / Is This Mercedes E350 2007 A Good Buy At That Price? / Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think This Is A Good Buy? by dandollar1: 3:34pm On Feb 26, 2018
Hello,
There is a 2007 peugot 206,manual transmission I am considering buying. It's a Nigerian used, bought brand new rarely used with about 9700km.(less than 10,000km).
The interior looks so new, that you won't believe it.

The owner is asking for 850k last.

Do you think it is a good buy?
Re: Do You Think This Is A Good Buy? by forreelinc(m): 3:35pm On Feb 26, 2018
dandollar1:
Hello,
There is a 2007 peugot 206,manual transmission I am considering buying. It's a Nigerian used, bought brand new rarely used with about 9700km.(less than 10,000km).

nope you are f*cked
Re: Do You Think This Is A Good Buy? by dandollar1: 4:12pm On Feb 26, 2018
forreelinc:

nope you are f*cked
shocked what kind of response is this? If you don't have what to say, why not jump and pass?

3 Likes

Re: Do You Think This Is A Good Buy? by king406(m): 4:14pm On Feb 26, 2018
We can't advice you without seeing the car. So post pictures
Re: Do You Think This Is A Good Buy? by forreelinc(m): 4:17pm On Feb 26, 2018
dandollar1:
shocked what kind of response is this? If you don't have what to say, why not jump and pass?
i could not jump and pass without shaking my head at your situation
Re: Do You Think This Is A Good Buy? by dandollar1: 4:28pm On Feb 26, 2018
forreelinc:

i could not jump and pass without shaking my head at your situation
you sound like a crazy fellow roaming every thread. Shake your head at yourself first.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Think This Is A Good Buy? by forreelinc(m): 4:41pm On Feb 26, 2018
dandollar1:
you sound like a crazy fellow roaming every thread. Shake your head at yourself first.

yea im done feeling sorry for myself esp when there are niggas buying metallic caskets to shake my head for
Re: Do You Think This Is A Good Buy? by amstamon: 5:37pm On Feb 26, 2018
In ur mind, u think the owner is so stupid abi? Selling a 2007 car, bought brand new without any fault for 850 abi?na oshofree go kii you.
Walai, e be like say u never see where person go dey sick of typhoid and malaria just because of car faults.
I pity u, by the tym u start to dey thin just because u don use all the money meant for food take repair motor, na that time ur eyes go clear.
Well, just remember to sell me the car stereo and jack when the time come Sha grin

3 Likes

Re: Do You Think This Is A Good Buy? by scarplanet(m): 3:27am On Feb 27, 2018
Why do most Nigerians have that irritatingly vacuous mindset that whenever the price of a car doesn't run into millions, then the car is virtually dead? Please if you dont have an intelligent response to give, the wise and honourable thing to do is to just keep shut please!

And op, next time post such comments with pictures of the car. However, dont let some repulsive and odious comment here discourage you!

1 Like

Re: Do You Think This Is A Good Buy? by Nobody: 4:02am On Feb 27, 2018
dandollar1:
Hello,

There are various factors to consider.

I bought a Naija used 4Runner a while back. I bought it knowing it's Naija used and it was used by an inhuman human being grin

Similar, example in the US will be $5,000 = N1,750,000 plus clearing of about N500,000 making N2,250,000 ish, I got it at less than half that amount so I think it's a great deal. I used this as an example as to how I personally valued my purchase.

Good luck.
Re: Do You Think This Is A Good Buy? by computerglobal(m): 6:07am On Feb 27, 2018
dandollar1:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Do You Think This Is A Good Buy? by Nobody: 6:59am On Feb 27, 2018
dandollar1:
Hello,

Please contact Ikenna351 the king of peugeot vehicles. He will give you much better advice wink
Re: Do You Think This Is A Good Buy? by dandollar1: 12:04pm On Feb 27, 2018
scarplanet:
Why do most Nigerians have that irritatingly vacuous mindset that whenever the price of a car doesn't run into millions, then the car is virtually dead? Please if you dont have an intelligent response to give, the wise and honourable thing to do is to just keep shut please!

And op, next time post such comments with pictures of the car. However, dont let some repulsive and odious comment here discourage you!
My brother, I Taya o. I didn't even know what to comment again.
This particular car is even a steal at that amount. It's like 95 percent new. It was bought brand new as a birthday present for a child of one of this money miss road oil workers some years ago. The child, being old enough now, said he didn't like it because it has a manual transmission.

The car has been parked all this while, and only driven from time to time. In bonny island, you may not even drive more than 8000km per year,except you are a transporter.

I drove it on Friday, everything was fluid, was just thinking I could bid it down further,or what others might be willing to pay for it if they were in my shoes, and some people just came in here commenting like what I can't describe.

People say Nairaland is becoming the wrongest place to seek advice. I'm beginning to think so too.
Re: Do You Think This Is A Good Buy? by dandollar1: 12:24pm On Feb 27, 2018
efesodje:

Please contact Ikenna351 the king of peugeot vehicles. He will give you much better advice wink

OK, thank you.
Re: Do You Think This Is A Good Buy? by dandollar1: 12:26pm On Feb 27, 2018
EgunMogaji:

There are various factors to consider.

I bought a Naija used 4Runner a while back. I bought it knowing it's Naija used and it was used by an inhuman human being grin

Similar, example in the US will be $5,000 = N1,750,000 plus clearing of about N500,000 making N2,250,000 ish, I got it at less than half that amount so I think it's a great deal. I used this as an example as to how I personally valued my purchase.

Good luck.
thanks bro. It's good to know we still have some sane people here.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Learn About Uber / Hyundai Sonata Or Toyota Camry. Which Is Better? / This Car Is Up For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.