Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

Largest Egg Powder Plant In Africa To Be Inaugurated In Ondo - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Largest Egg Powder Plant In Africa To Be Inaugurated In Ondo (18275 Views)

Dangote Buys 800 Trucks From Anammco Assembly Plant In Enugu / Dangote Cement Plant In Edo And Bua Cement Plant In Edo (Photos) / An Overview Of Dangote Refinery Plant In Lagos - Video And Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Largest Egg Powder Plant In Africa To Be Inaugurated In Ondo by BrandSpurNG: 7:43pm On Feb 26, 2018
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) says a new egg powder plant, the largest in Africa and the Middle-East will soon be inaugurated by the Bank’s Governor, Mr Godwin Emefiele, and the Ondo State Governor, Mr Rotimi Akeredolu (SAN), in Emure-Ile area of the state.

Available data shows that Nigeria spends $1billion annually in egg powder imports.

Acting Director, Corporate Communications, CBN, Isaac Okorafor said the plant was established under a Public Private Partnership (PPP) arrangement between the Ondo State Government and a private firm, Greenfield Assets Limited.

He said as part of the partnership, the firm had commenced the construction of a poultry farm with the capacity to produce 10 million broilers per annum; a 4,000 birds per hour meat processing plant; a 600,000 layers farm for the production of 100 million eggs per annum; two 20 tonnes per hour feed mill and a 500,000 eggs per day egg powder plant on 150 hectares of land.

He identified the benefits accruable to the country through the establishment of the plant to include 25,000 job opportunities, over $1billion in foreign exchange savings and increased income for poultry farmers.

On his part, Chief Executive Officer of Greenfield Assets Limited, Dr Paul Obanua put the worth of the Nigerian poultry industry at N300 billion with 220 million birds that produced over 770,000 metric tonnes of eggs and 340,000 metric tonnes of poultry meat in 2017.

Under the partnership, Big Dutchman International will provide technical and operational management for the project. Other parties to the project are Marel Food Processing Company BV, a leading global provider of advanced processing systems and services to the poultry, meat and fish industries, and Actini SAS.

The project is expected to gulp N28.4 billion.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/largest-egg-powder-plant-in-africa-to-be-inaugurated-in-ondo/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Largest Egg Powder Plant In Africa To Be Inaugurated In Ondo by ekmike(m): 5:06am On Feb 27, 2018
We like to waste money in this country.

Before they go on to build this plant, have they considered if there's demand for this cos I don't see a market for the so called egg powder, never heard of it till now.

A simple cost and benefit analysis would have revealed to this government that this project is not feasible now.

There's alot of other project that would bring higher benefits.

3 Likes

Re: Largest Egg Powder Plant In Africa To Be Inaugurated In Ondo by Narldon: 7:46am On Feb 27, 2018

Please I need your Advice..

My Boyfriend has been having Mood swings since Sunday Evening... embarassed

He doesn't eat anymore.. He's been so depressed.. cry

He has refused to talk to me about it...

He also has Hallucinations... undecided

Last Night, he had a nightmare, and he was screaming incoherent words;

"CITY! WENGER! GUARDIOLA! AGUERO! MY TICKET!"

Please What is the Problem? Is he Communicating with Heaven?

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Largest Egg Powder Plant In Africa To Be Inaugurated In Ondo by anochuko01(m): 7:46am On Feb 27, 2018
egg powder. I need to go read up on that.

6 Likes

Re: Largest Egg Powder Plant In Africa To Be Inaugurated In Ondo by Elslim: 7:47am On Feb 27, 2018
truth be told, the rate at which the south west is developing a fear for nigeria d day they decide to leave this unholy amalgamation

15 Likes

Re: Largest Egg Powder Plant In Africa To Be Inaugurated In Ondo by boombay(m): 7:47am On Feb 27, 2018
Nigeria should have been used as a poultry instead of creating a country

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Largest Egg Powder Plant In Africa To Be Inaugurated In Ondo by bigtt76(f): 7:48am On Feb 27, 2018
We are too obsessed with 'largest' this, 'first' that, 'biggest' this.... 'longest' that in this country. At the end of it all, it's either under utilized or abandoned. angry

60 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Largest Egg Powder Plant In Africa To Be Inaugurated In Ondo by joromi36(f): 7:48am On Feb 27, 2018
I hope it comes to pass..... undecided
Re: Largest Egg Powder Plant In Africa To Be Inaugurated In Ondo by Firstcitizen: 7:50am On Feb 27, 2018
Largest eggplant to be inaugurated grin

4 Likes

Re: Largest Egg Powder Plant In Africa To Be Inaugurated In Ondo by Abfinest007(m): 7:50am On Feb 27, 2018
good move if only is not a propaganda like apc

2 Likes

Re: Largest Egg Powder Plant In Africa To Be Inaugurated In Ondo by obowunmi(m): 7:50am On Feb 27, 2018
What's egg powder?

4 Likes

Re: Largest Egg Powder Plant In Africa To Be Inaugurated In Ondo by Jayclinics(m): 7:50am On Feb 27, 2018
K
Re: Largest Egg Powder Plant In Africa To Be Inaugurated In Ondo by Nobody: 7:50am On Feb 27, 2018
This is good atleast it will create employment.

1 Like

Re: Largest Egg Powder Plant In Africa To Be Inaugurated In Ondo by Bestchisom(m): 7:51am On Feb 27, 2018
joromi36:
I hope it comes to pass..... undecided
i hope it comes and last

1 Like

Re: Largest Egg Powder Plant In Africa To Be Inaugurated In Ondo by omonla10(m): 7:51am On Feb 27, 2018
Egg powder as in 'powder of egg' abi.. Truly, man will continue to learn till he leaves planet earth

2 Likes

Re: Largest Egg Powder Plant In Africa To Be Inaugurated In Ondo by Gkay1(m): 7:54am On Feb 27, 2018
we dey hear d projects everyday but we nor dey see an

2 Likes

Re: Largest Egg Powder Plant In Africa To Be Inaugurated In Ondo by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:54am On Feb 27, 2018
Op wich one be egg powder again, hope girls wont start rubbing it on their face??

4 Likes

Re: Largest Egg Powder Plant In Africa To Be Inaugurated In Ondo by jonadaft: 7:55am On Feb 27, 2018
Serious people are installing factories where they can invent/manufacture innovative technologies, it's all these useless things like pencil, egg etc that Nigeria is focusing on. And we have thousands of USELESS PROFESSORS THAT HAVE NOT INVENTED ANYTHING.

THE ONLY THING THEY DO IS USELESS RESEARCH THAT ENDS ON THE SHELVES.
THEY FIGHT DIRTY FOR EXCUTIVE POSTS, ALLOWANCES, TETFUND ETC

NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT.

THERE IS NO WHERE IN THIS COUNTRY THAT WE CAN PRODUCE THE SIMPLEST AND SMALLEST SEMICONDUCTOR IN ANY DEVICE, YET WE HAVE THOUSANDS OF ENGINEERS AND COMPUTERS SCIENTISTS.

I done tire for this country

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Largest Egg Powder Plant In Africa To Be Inaugurated In Ondo by Narldon: 7:56am On Feb 27, 2018
boombay:
Nigeria should have been used as a poultry instead of creating a country

and I would have eaten you as a Chicken...

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Largest Egg Powder Plant In Africa To Be Inaugurated In Ondo by DONOCSO(m): 7:58am On Feb 27, 2018
What is egg powder?
Re: Largest Egg Powder Plant In Africa To Be Inaugurated In Ondo by bjayx: 7:58am On Feb 27, 2018
What's the use of egg powder n shiit?
Re: Largest Egg Powder Plant In Africa To Be Inaugurated In Ondo by oPPOSEE: 7:58am On Feb 27, 2018
lol.

Abeg who get bet9ja code that will span throughout the week.

please don't put leece that cut the largest money i would have made in Africa and middle east
Re: Largest Egg Powder Plant In Africa To Be Inaugurated In Ondo by MrBONE2(m): 7:58am On Feb 27, 2018
Prouldy Africangrin
But We Need the Largest Bone Powder plant to be sited in KiVuKi Land grin
Re: Largest Egg Powder Plant In Africa To Be Inaugurated In Ondo by Abdul3391(m): 7:59am On Feb 27, 2018
Narldon:

No dear he's just counting his losses
Re: Largest Egg Powder Plant In Africa To Be Inaugurated In Ondo by jonadaft: 7:59am On Feb 27, 2018
Narldon:

You're jobless.

Please get busy

2 Likes

Re: Largest Egg Powder Plant In Africa To Be Inaugurated In Ondo by stfadaanthony(m): 8:00am On Feb 27, 2018
Elslim:
truth be told, the rate at which the south west is developing a fear for nigeria d day they decide to leave this unholy amalgamation

Truth be told,that company is not even on ground yet and there is no sign it will be set up in the next 3years. He only built some building just to flagoff the project... my governor is a scam.

4 Likes

Re: Largest Egg Powder Plant In Africa To Be Inaugurated In Ondo by chuksjuve(m): 8:01am On Feb 27, 2018
Largest this ,
Largest that..

After inaugurating it,nothing is heard about it anymore ..

Most projects under this administration simply becomes nonfunctional after commissioning and inauguration ..

Check my profile .
Re: Largest Egg Powder Plant In Africa To Be Inaugurated In Ondo by thesicilian: 8:02am On Feb 27, 2018
Powdered eggs are fully dehydrated eggs. They are made using spray drying in the same way that powdered milk is made. The major advantages of powdered eggs over fresh eggs are the price, reduced weight per volume of whole egg equivalent, and the shelf life.

Other advantages include smaller usage of storage space, and lack of need for refrigeration. Powdered eggs can be used without rehydration when baking, and can be rehydrated to make dishes such as scrambled eggs and omelettes.

Powdered eggs appear in literature as a staple of camp cooking at least as early as 1912.

Powdered eggs were used in the United Kingdom during World War II for rationing. Powdered eggs are also known as dried eggs, and colloquially during the period of rationing in the UK, as Ersatz eggs.

The modern method of manufacturing powdered eggs was developed in the 1930s by Albert Grant and Co. of the Mile End Road, London. This cake manufacturer was importing liquid egg from China and one of his staff realised that this was 75% water. An experimental freeze-drying plant was built and tried. Then a factory was set up in Singapore to process Chinese egg. As war approached, Grant transferred his dried egg facility to Argentina. The British Government lifted the patent during the war and many other suppliers came into the market notably in the United States. Early importers to the United States included Vic Henningsen Sr. and others in the United Kingdom.

Powdered eggs have a storage life of 5 to 10 years when stored without oxygen in a cool storage environment.

The process of drying eggs so as to make powdered eggs oxidizes the cholesterol, which has been shown to be helpful at reducing aortic atherosclerosis in animal trials.

- Wikipedia

17 Likes

Re: Largest Egg Powder Plant In Africa To Be Inaugurated In Ondo by koxi: 8:03am On Feb 27, 2018
Ok. We don hear
Re: Largest Egg Powder Plant In Africa To Be Inaugurated In Ondo by stfadaanthony(m): 8:03am On Feb 27, 2018
Akeredolu should pls stop deceiving Nigerians...do you flagoff just a building and call it egg plant?. The video we were shown on the state TV was gotten from Germany. That project can not be achieved in the next 3years. He his only doing all this just to celebrate is first 365days in office...enough of this deceit.

1 Like

Re: Largest Egg Powder Plant In Africa To Be Inaugurated In Ondo by EweduAfonja(f): 8:05am On Feb 27, 2018
Egg powder

(1) (2) (Reply)

CBN Moves Against Banks For Hoarding $5billion / Job Losses, Factory Closures Loom As Unsold Goods Pile Up — MAN / Nigerian Naira And Its Value

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.