Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,768 members, 7,806,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

An Old Sun Newspaper Reporting Fulani Herdsmen Killings In Benue - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Old Sun Newspaper Reporting Fulani Herdsmen Killings In Benue (23333 Views)

Punch Newspaper Cartoon About Buhari And Killings In Nigeria (Photo) / Atiku Reacts To EFCC Invasion Of Sun Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Old Sun Newspaper Reporting Fulani Herdsmen Killings In Benue by buchilino(m): 9:15am On Feb 27, 2018
QuotaSystem:

Illogical post.

The herdsmen killings occurred throughout Jonathan's 5 year administration and he failed to tackle or stop the murderers.

That also means he took sides against the Benue people and he clearly supported the herdsmen.

Not so?

FOOLISH WAY OF THINKING

1 Like

Re: An Old Sun Newspaper Reporting Fulani Herdsmen Killings In Benue by Nobody: 9:15am On Feb 27, 2018
gbegemaster:
‘I belong to everybody and I belong to nobody’. - Buhari.

The above statement is the greatest lie in modern day Nigerian political system. Not only is it hypocritical in light of his actions towards the benue state killings, it is just a flat out lie from the pit of hell.

You are just expressing personal pain. You not making pointers. How is the statement a lie? What actions made him an hypocrite? Facts I need, not personal assumptions.
Re: An Old Sun Newspaper Reporting Fulani Herdsmen Killings In Benue by xxgig(m): 9:17am On Feb 27, 2018
QuotaSystem:

Illogical post.

The herdsmen killings occurred throughout Jonathan's 5 year administration and he failed to tackle or stop the murderers.

That also means he took sides against the Benue people and he clearly supported the herdsmen.

Not so?
guy park well na! this is not politics but peoples life their homes and source of lively hood.

1 Like

Re: An Old Sun Newspaper Reporting Fulani Herdsmen Killings In Benue by Abogwara: 9:19am On Feb 27, 2018
When Joshua Dariye was Governor and tried the nonsense Ortom is doing now by fuelling war between Muslims and Christians, Obasanjo sacked him and replaced him with a no-nonsense soldier. Buhari should borrow a leaf and sack Ortom putting a mean soldier that will neither tolerate Herdsmen nor farmers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Old Sun Newspaper Reporting Fulani Herdsmen Killings In Benue by mayorelum(m): 9:23am On Feb 27, 2018
zoo republic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Old Sun Newspaper Reporting Fulani Herdsmen Killings In Benue by omooba969(m): 9:24am On Feb 27, 2018
nairavsdollars:
Herdsmen crisis has been on since the days of yore. They have always been violent

Genesis 13:6 New Living Translation (NLT)

6 But the land could not support both Abram and Lot with all their flocks and herds living so close together. 7 So disputes broke out between the herdsmen of Abram and Lot. (At that time Canaanites and Perizzites were also living in the land.)

... meaning?

1 Like

Re: An Old Sun Newspaper Reporting Fulani Herdsmen Killings In Benue by Wishaky(f): 9:27am On Feb 27, 2018
nakamora:
So this Fulani killings didn't start today,even in the tenure of gej the god of ipob/pdp.So why the hypocrisy?.

Don't mind dem jare, d whole tin has been in existence even far b4 Jonathan regime but wat I think we should all be clamouring for is d way out instead of politicizing it, d killing shouldn't continue, it has to stop.
Re: An Old Sun Newspaper Reporting Fulani Herdsmen Killings In Benue by Nobody: 9:28am On Feb 27, 2018
Kooldon:
I stumbled upon an old Saturday Sun Newspaper of May 14, 2011 reporting Fulani Herdsmen killings in Benue.

Which means that their clash did not just start today. It has been there for years but I am still wondering why govt (both the federal and state) did not do something about it then?
Are they going to treat it with kid gloves again?
Enough of this killings. I am to write RIP to the victims

cc lzaa

1 Like

Re: An Old Sun Newspaper Reporting Fulani Herdsmen Killings In Benue by AnodaIT(m): 9:32am On Feb 27, 2018
See as dem dey talk 2011 as if na ancient days. I'm feeling old already
Re: An Old Sun Newspaper Reporting Fulani Herdsmen Killings In Benue by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:36am On Feb 27, 2018
No
Abogwara:
When Joshua Dariye was Governor and tried the nonsense Ortom is doing now by fuelling war between Muslims and Christians, Obasanjo sacked him and replaced him with a no-nonsense soldier. Buhari should borrow a leaf and sack Ortom putting a mean soldier that will neither tolerate Herdsmen nor farmers.
bullshit!!!!! Buhari can't do anything. Definitely not with this current Senate
Re: An Old Sun Newspaper Reporting Fulani Herdsmen Killings In Benue by kolaish(m): 9:43am On Feb 27, 2018
The killings has been there from time immemorial, but not at this rate. They used to carry and kill with knife in those days, but now they are making use of guns. The rate at which they are going now, it is like they have the backing of influential men in the society or government.

1 Like

Re: An Old Sun Newspaper Reporting Fulani Herdsmen Killings In Benue by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:44am On Feb 27, 2018
NonFarmPayrol:
fulani herdsmen was not a household daily topic under gej

infact the cows were not this bold

under the daura cow

they are now an organisation with spokesmen and can even threaten states without any fear
Very correct, the constancy of attacks wasn't that intense or significant.

Wow my gawd, I can't believe op is trying to justify the mindless rampant destruction currently carried out In that state.

Op is a wicked sombori chai.

Like someone pointed out the cows want to destroy the luscious green vegetation of the state.

These guys after their overgrazing, they follow up with extensive bush burning, thereby adding salt to injury. This is nothing but ecological warfare.
They want to turn food basket of the nation to barren desert.

1 Like

Re: An Old Sun Newspaper Reporting Fulani Herdsmen Killings In Benue by 1shortblackboy: 9:45am On Feb 27, 2018
nakamora:
So this Fulani killings didn't start today,even in the tenure of gej the god of ipob/pdp.So why the hypocrisy?.
u must be very stvpid for talking about politics when people are dieing

3 Likes

Re: An Old Sun Newspaper Reporting Fulani Herdsmen Killings In Benue by maasoap(m): 9:49am On Feb 27, 2018
id4sho:
The origin of Tiv crisis started in the 1950s, but in the last two decade. The Fulanis have dealt with them properly. tiv vs jukun, tiv vs Fulani, tiv vs Hausa, tiv and cultism . majority are reckless in nature, very violent ,hot tempered and there appetite for meat has killed them more. The attack the Fulanis and start slaughtering cows. i remember 2000/2001 era when police brought evidence of meat in ALGON PRADO JEEPS from guma axis. A big cow cut into four parts, every body taking his largesse .
I always laugh at some E-warriors and human rights activists who would want me to believe that herdsmen just wake up one midnight and start killing people in a particular village. These jobless and lazy youths are killing lone ranging herdsmen and burying them in the bush in shallow graves and thereafter rustle their cattle.
The one that led to the killings in Benue was as a result of Fulani kid who was killed and had his head severed and taken away. His cattle were also rustled.
The one that occurred in Nimbo villages was also as a result of killings of herdsmen and rustling of their cattle.
Re: An Old Sun Newspaper Reporting Fulani Herdsmen Killings In Benue by maasoap(m): 9:54am On Feb 27, 2018
AnodaIT:
See as dem dey talk 2011 as if na ancient days. I'm feeling old already
They are talking about 2011 because it is like some people are suffering from amnesia.
Re: An Old Sun Newspaper Reporting Fulani Herdsmen Killings In Benue by whirlwind7(m): 9:54am On Feb 27, 2018
Kooldon:
I stumbled upon an old Saturday Sun Newspaper of May 14, 2011 reporting Fulani Herdsmen killings in Benue.

Which means that their clash did not just start today. It has been there for years but I am still wondering why govt (both the federal and state) did not do something about it then?
Are they going to treat it with kid gloves again?
Enough of this killings. I am to write RIP to the victims

Oh, seem like you don't know your country well.
The epileptic power crises has been an issue before I was born. Every successive government vowed to tackle it (including this present one) Over 50 years after independence and we can't boast of 12 hour regular power per day.
What about population census, and a comprehensive data base of its citizens? That one has become rocket science.
What about good roads? Granted that not all the roads in the country can be tarred, but what about the extremely important ones that add value to the economy, like the Oshodi-Apapa express way that leads to the seaport? That one has become mission impossible.
Cleaning up the oil spills in the Niger Delta? Until Christ comes.

So, this issue about herdsmen killings, don't ever think its going to go on the front burner anytime soon. Tivs, Idomas, Jukuns and other tribes in the middle belt are third class citizens. It would take about a 100 of them to equate with one cow.

1 Like

Re: An Old Sun Newspaper Reporting Fulani Herdsmen Killings In Benue by maasoap(m): 9:58am On Feb 27, 2018
kolaish:
The killings has been there from time immemorial, but not at this rate. They used to carry and kill with knife in those days, but now they are making use of guns. The rate at which they are going now, it is like they have the backing of influential men in the society or government.
Fulanis used to carry guns, dane guns to kill wild animals. Today, they're carrying AK47, not because of farmers or wild animals but because of cattle rustlers who go around and attack them with sophisticated weapons.
If our security agents can tackle the problem of cattle rustlers, there won't be any need for herdsmen to arm themselves with such weapons.
Re: An Old Sun Newspaper Reporting Fulani Herdsmen Killings In Benue by id4sho(m): 10:02am On Feb 27, 2018
maasoap:

I always laugh at some E-warriors and human rights activists who would want me to believe that herdsmen just wake up one midnight and start killing people in a particular village. These jobless and lazy youths are killing lone ranging herdsmen and burying them in the bush in shallow graves and thereafter rustle their cattle.
The one that led to the killings in Benue was as a result of Fulani kid who was killed and had his head severed and taken away. His cattle were also rustled.
The one that occurred in Nimbo villages was also as a result of killings of herdsmen and rustling of their cattle.
yeah
Re: An Old Sun Newspaper Reporting Fulani Herdsmen Killings In Benue by generalpipe47: 10:03am On Feb 27, 2018
Pls inform d poster..tort he wanted to show us a paper of 1819...mtchewwwe

1 Like

Re: An Old Sun Newspaper Reporting Fulani Herdsmen Killings In Benue by thinksense: 10:03am On Feb 27, 2018
All this political motivated crises shall be over by the grace of God. Cos election is closer that's why all things is happening. All d sponsors shall entrap.
Re: An Old Sun Newspaper Reporting Fulani Herdsmen Killings In Benue by thinksense: 10:04am On Feb 27, 2018
I wholeheartedly believe in PMB and his style of leadership
Re: An Old Sun Newspaper Reporting Fulani Herdsmen Killings In Benue by LZAA: 10:12am On Feb 27, 2018
imhotep:

cc lzaa
grin grin

1 Like

Re: An Old Sun Newspaper Reporting Fulani Herdsmen Killings In Benue by johndwayy(m): 10:21am On Feb 27, 2018
Truth...
seunmsg:
The crisis even started before 2011. Sadly, it is gaining so much momentum now because the president is not really pragmatic in the way and manner he's handling the fall out of the crisis. His indecisiveness has allowed opposition politicians to fuel the crisis and blow it out of proportion for political gains.
Re: An Old Sun Newspaper Reporting Fulani Herdsmen Killings In Benue by Nobody: 10:28am On Feb 27, 2018
seunmsg:
The crisis even started before 2011. Sadly, it is gaining so much momentum now because the president is not really pragmatic in the way and manner he's handling the fall out of the crisis. His indecisiveness has allowed opposition politicians to fuel the crisis and blow it out of proportion for political gains.
its only gaining momentum now because he is Of The same tribe. He has even done more to tackle this than the last president yet there have not been as much killings in his tenure as there was in the last 5 to 6 years

1 Like

Re: An Old Sun Newspaper Reporting Fulani Herdsmen Killings In Benue by Sir2rexninefour(m): 10:35am On Feb 27, 2018
Was expecting one dating back to the 70's, 80's, or most recent 90's

Op please in what year was the Agatu massacre and invasion

1 Like

Re: An Old Sun Newspaper Reporting Fulani Herdsmen Killings In Benue by nelklyn(m): 10:39am On Feb 27, 2018
All I see here is some people defending their heroes for the death of innocent victims...Nigeria will never move forward...how can any sane human not push aside these blame games and focus on proffering and implementing a lasting solution to save lives

1 Like

Re: An Old Sun Newspaper Reporting Fulani Herdsmen Killings In Benue by Nobody: 10:49am On Feb 27, 2018
QuotaSystem:

So you agree Jonathan was a shameless hypocrite and liar from the pit of hell for swearing on oath to protect and defend the lives and property of EVERY Nigerian, yet allowing Benue Killings to occur during his tenure, and grossly incompetent for failing to stop the herdsmen killings?

Why was he biased and why take sides against the Benue people by allowing the herdsmen continue their rampage until he was kicked out?
Is Jonathan still the president? Why are we busy criticising his inaction when we have a current vegetable for a president who literally does nothing? What GEJ did or didn't is inconsequential as he can't change anything, the only person that can, our oga Buhari is resting on his laurels. The elections are over mind you, Buhari won, he's been president for close to 3 years, face him

2 Likes

Re: An Old Sun Newspaper Reporting Fulani Herdsmen Killings In Benue by bigfish3k: 10:49am On Feb 27, 2018
QuotaSystem:

Illogical post.

Not so?

now that we have a Fulani as president he supposed to take it upon himself to stop the killings from his kinsmen that has evaded solutions
the same way jonathan went into creeks to stop militancy that evaded solutions during obasanjo regime

not to be seen to be taking sides
if he had treated them the same way he treated Igbos and yet it defies solutions, people wouldn't be angry. but instead his popular body language supported them

1 Like

Re: An Old Sun Newspaper Reporting Fulani Herdsmen Killings In Benue by bigfish3k: 10:53am On Feb 27, 2018
maasoap:

Fulanis used to carry guns, dane guns to kill wild animals. Today, they're carrying AK47, not because of farmers or wild animals but because of cattle rustlers who go around and attack them with sophisticated weapons.
If our security agents can tackle the problem of cattle rustlers, there won't be any need for herdsmen to arm themselves with such weapons.

that means anybody that has experienced any robbery attack should also be carrying AK47 to defend himself and his goods
Re: An Old Sun Newspaper Reporting Fulani Herdsmen Killings In Benue by bigfish3k: 11:04am On Feb 27, 2018
Newpride:
I keep saying it, all the problems we are facing today are neither new nor alien to us except some fools who don't go back to study history.
They all started during pdp era and they failed to solve the problem ls before APC took power from them.
It amazes me when the likes of Atiku is still talking and casting blame on pmb.

people are not blaming PMB because of the crisis, they are blaming him because of his inactions and also he is seen to take sides
Re: An Old Sun Newspaper Reporting Fulani Herdsmen Killings In Benue by sorry1(m): 11:05am On Feb 27, 2018
QuotaSystem:

Illogical post.

Not so?
so,we all should shut up and rejoice because the Fulani massacre was evident even during Jonathan's era?

Where is your sense, bro?
Re: An Old Sun Newspaper Reporting Fulani Herdsmen Killings In Benue by greatcrown: 11:08am On Feb 27, 2018
The state government has done the best it could which is putting a law in place to address the situation.

Unfortunately, those that have the responsibilities of enforcing law is now querying the law.

More worrisome is the fast that the federal government headed by PMB is in support of the law enforcer illegality.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Okonjo-iweala With IMF Boss, Christine Lagarde (photos) / Senator Adeleke Arrives Court For Arraignment / Niger: Tinubu Convenes Extraordinary ECOWAS Summit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.