Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,601 members, 7,801,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

Mass Effect Titles Will Come To Ps3 -- Patcher - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Mass Effect Titles Will Come To Ps3 -- Patcher (1926 Views)

Is GTA V Likely To Come To Android Very Soon? / Why U Should Never Use Lucky Patcher / FIFA 13 / PES 13/MASS EFFECT3/BLACK OPS II Now Available For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mass Effect Titles Will Come To Ps3 -- Patcher by kosovo(m): 3:37pm On Apr 26, 2010
Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter has stated his belief that future entries in the Mass Effect franchise will be very likely released for the PlayStation 3 in addition to Xbox 360.

Chatting in the latest episode of Pach Attack over on GT, Pachter said that although it is high unlikely we’ll see the original Mass Effect on Sony’s black box, it’s pretty much a given that future titles will end up making the transition to the console.

"Mass Effect, the first one, was made by BioWare when they were part of Elevation Partners. I’m not sure that they actual retained the right to ever bring it out on the PS3. I have heard from Microsoft and I’ve actually heard from EA that we probably won’t see Mass Effect 1 ever on the PS3; I’m not sure that’s true of Mass Effect 2, and I’m certain it’s not true of Mass Effect 3, 4, 5 and 6.

So, I think you’ll see a Mass Effect game, an extension of the franchise, on the PS3. Number 1? They might have given away those rights in perpetuity. so that’s all negotiable when a publisher’s involved. When it’s an independent developer, you never really know. Alan Wake, for example, I think is a perpetual Xbox 360 exclusive. I don’t think that will ever be on the PS3."

http://www.psu.com/news/8909
Re: Mass Effect Titles Will Come To Ps3 -- Patcher by texazzpete(m): 10:57pm On Apr 27, 2010
Lol
Pachter is universally reviled in the gaming community (or at least on joystiq) for pulling out predictions straight from his butt.

When you get a quote from the developers Bioware, let me know.
Re: Mass Effect Titles Will Come To Ps3 -- Patcher by kosovo(m): 8:30am On Apr 28, 2010
texazzpete:

Lol
Pachter is universally reviled in the gaming community (or at least on joystiq) for pulling out predictions straight from his butt.

When you get a quote from the developers Bioware, let me know.
E3 2010 says HI cheesy grin
Re: Mass Effect Titles Will Come To Ps3 -- Patcher by texazzpete(m): 8:32am On Apr 30, 2010
kosovo:

E3 2010 says HI cheesy grin

E3 2010 hasn't happened yet mate. When it does, we'll see!
Re: Mass Effect Titles Will Come To Ps3 -- Patcher by Nobody: 11:52pm On Aug 18, 2010
heh

kosovo can stop hating now and show me some love

no direct link to the article, but you can find it here under news

http://masseffect.bioware.com/

BIOWARE'S ACTION RPG MASS EFFECT 2 MAKES PLAYSTATION 3 DEBUT
The Highest Rated Game of 2010 Comes to PS3 in January 2011

Cologne, Germany – August 17, 2010 – Today at GamesCom, BioWare™, a division of Electronic Arts Inc., announced that Mass Effect™ 2, the highest rated game of 2010 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and PC, is coming to the Sony PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system in January 2011. The PlayStation 3 edition will include the full Mass Effect 2 game and hours of bonus content, making this the perfect introduction to BioWare's award-winning action RPG franchise.

Mass Effect 2 has already received over 70 perfect scores from media outlets such as the Associated Press, Eurogamer, MSNBC,com, G4TV and the Los Angeles Times, and is the highest rated game in the 15-year history of Bioware and the 28-year history of EA.

The Mass Effect franchise is an epic science fiction adventure set in a vast universe filled with dangerous aliens and mysterious, uncharted planets. In Mass Effect 2, PlayStation 3 players will step into the role of Commander Shepard for the very first time, leading a crew of the most dangerous special operatives from across the galaxy on a mission to save mankind. Featuring intense shooter action, a rich storyline, space exploration and emotionally engaging character interaction, Mass Effect 2 delivers an unparalleled gameplay experience.

Mass Effect 2 will be available for the PlayStation 3 in January 2011. For more information, please visit http://masseffect.bioware.com/ and follow the development team at http://twitter.com/masseffect2 or at http://www.facebook.com/masseffect/.
Re: Mass Effect Titles Will Come To Ps3 -- Patcher by texazzpete(m): 6:37am On Aug 20, 2010
Hehe
All of a sudden, Kosovo will stop hating Mass Effect 2 grin
Re: Mass Effect Titles Will Come To Ps3 -- Patcher by Mobinga: 12:47pm On Aug 20, 2010
Same Old Story. . . . It happened to GTA IV:: EFLC

How's my download doing by the way? grin grin grin

Re: Mass Effect Titles Will Come To Ps3 -- Patcher by DoubleN(m): 3:25pm On Aug 23, 2010
Heard so much about Mass Effect,hope i won't be disappointed.Downloading as i speak tongue tongue

Re: Mass Effect Titles Will Come To Ps3 -- Patcher by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 23, 2010
^^^

take it from someone who has been there, you need to get the all dlcs for an even more mindblowing experinece

kasumi
zaeed
overlord
aegis pack
firewalker pack
firepower pack

and the soon to be released lair of the shadow broker
Re: Mass Effect Titles Will Come To Ps3 -- Patcher by DoubleN(m): 5:04pm On Aug 23, 2010
oyb:

^^^

take it from someone who has been there, you need to get the [b]all dlcs [/b]for an even more mindblowing experinece

kasumi
zaeed
overlord
aegis pack
firewalker pack
firepower pack

and the soon to be released lair of the shadow broker
Abeg what are the dlcs??Explain please.
Re: Mass Effect Titles Will Come To Ps3 -- Patcher by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 23, 2010
http://masseffect.bioware.com/info/dlc/

The Firepower Pack adds three new weapons to Shepard's armor locker: When a "heavy" pistol won't do the job, the Phalanx brings the bang! It hits like a hand cannon and features an integral laser sight for a whole new aiming experience! Ever wanted a sniper rifle without the scope or an assault rifle without the recoil? The Mattock heavy rifle is a hybrid of the two, a semi-auto beast usable by any class with an assault rifle skill! The Geth Plasma Shotgun is a three-barreled monster that creates plasma the right way – on impact! Charge it up for even greater damage, or blast away rapid-fire at longer ranges than normal shotguns

Cerberus has procured the service of Kasumi Goto, the galaxy's most enigmatic master thief. In return for her help, Kasumi has asked Shepard's help on a dangerous heist to infiltrate the vault of a deadly master criminal named Donovan Hock. Gain Kasumi's loyalty on the planet Bekenstein, where Hock is throwing a party for some of the galaxy's richest and most deranged criminal minds to recover data of great importance to Kasumi,  and to the galaxy at large. Includes a new squad member, mission, weapon, research upgrade, casual outfit,

When sent to investigate a Cerberus research base that's mysteriously gone silent, Shepard arrives to find Geth overrunning the base. The sole survivor, Chief Scientist Archer, paints a dire picture: an experiment to fuse a human volunteer with a virtual intelligence created a dangerous hybrid "VI overlord". The rampaging VI has already attacked three other Cerberus bases, controlling any technology it finds in an attempt to break free–and unleashing Geth across the planet. Unless Shepard can infiltrate the VI's fortress and shut it down, this homicidal intelligence will beam itself-off planet and wreak havoc on other systems. The action unfolds over five new level areas, with two new achievements.

you can get them the same place you got the me2 from
Re: Mass Effect Titles Will Come To Ps3 -- Patcher by DoubleN(m): 9:17am On Aug 24, 2010
Sounds very cool, can't wait to get my hand on them. Thanks Boss.

(1) (Reply)

Nairabet Wonders Unveiled / Android Games Or PPSSPP Games Which Drains Battery Faster / FnG King of the jungle fifa 19(ps4). And pes 19 (ps3) competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.