Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,727 members, 7,805,981 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

Story, Love Happens By Laura - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Story, Love Happens By Laura (22619 Views)

When Love Happens / TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) / Revenge (kismet) Short Story By Laura Oreva (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 2:04pm On May 02, 2018
chapter 43 will be available this evening by 6pm prompt on https://www.donsimonii.com/search/label/LOVE%20HAPPENS?max-results=5
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by Ann2012(f): 8:48pm On May 02, 2018
No update yet
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 9:52pm On May 02, 2018
Ann2012:
No update yet

I am so sorry ma , the writer has exams, but updates will be available tomorrow morning and pls try commenting on the blog or are you having issues?
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 9:35am On May 03, 2018
Update now available
chapter 43 now available https://www.donsimonii.com/search/label/LOVE%20HAPPENS?max-results=5
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by devilmaycry1(m): 12:17pm On May 03, 2018
Ok

1 Like

Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 8:28am On May 04, 2018
Chapter 41
He felt the first pour, then the second, then another before he jerked up to a start. It was their daily routine for the past week since he had been kidnapped too. Pouring bowls of water on him to wake him up and no matter how many times he complained, Georgina would do as she wanted. "Wake up." The guard's deep voice rang bell in his ears. "Will you stop screaming? What's the matter now?" Fred asked the huge looking man that woke him up. "She is here to see you." He replied. Fred wondered if he was forced to do the job or he himself signed up for it because no matter how he tried, he still couldn't come up with a reason why a man in his senses would do this kind of Job. "Who is 'she'?" Fred asked, already getting irritated. "Georgina Huckings." Oh now she has decided to see him, Fred thought. Since that evening when one of the guards had hit his head with iron and he had fallen unconscious, that would be about a week now, Georgina hadn't visited him though he knew quite well that these were her men. It had been his mother he saw, and just for that time because since then, he hadn't seen her again. Maybe it was a plan to leave him unguarded. Maybe Georgina already knew he was coming and they were already prepared for him. For the second time he lost to her, he lost. He was fooled again. Would Katie have been proud of him if she had been here? He hadn't been able to do anything right since things ended between them, he was slowly losing his mind. He thought at first that he was caught up in the love he had for his mother but he realized he had been wrong, his love for his mother shouldn't have made him weak, it should have strengthened him. It was Katie, it was her all long. She taught him how to feel already and now that she despised him, he just couldn't do anything right, he wasn't smart nor vigilant anymore, he wasn't strong and a woman was defeating him, what had he done to himself?
"Oh Fredrick, look at you, still as handsome as ever. If that silly daughter of mine hadn't run away, I would have let her marry you." Georgina walked into the room he was being kept with the elegance he was used to by now. He had been here for long now, were they searching for him? His office workers would have noticed him gone, would Katie have heard? Would she be worried about him? "Marry her own cousin? Well, didn't expect anything less immoral from you." Fred told her scornfully. "Oh you found out your mother is my sister, interesting. Guess yours and that foolish girl's research paid off after all." She said just as she beckoned to one of the guards to get her a chair. "Of course, our lives don't depend on the destruction of others' unlike some people, right?" He snapped. She just smiled. "You have a running mouth don't you? The way you did at the club meeting last week, the same thing that led you here. Did you really think I wouldn't know you were coming here? Well, I even appeared at the meeting so it wouldn't look like I had a hand in your disappearance. And guess what, i'm even helping in your search, how ironic." She laughed and sat down on the chair brought for her. Fred shook his head, not shaking by her attitude. He had had enough of her already. "Are you feeling bored? Do you need company? Maybe from your beloved Katie." She said. "You won't dare lay a finger on her." He said girthing his teeth together. "Else what?" She laughed again. "Well, forget about that, I already have one for you, someone you miss a lot, the person you came here to meet." Just as she said that, his mother ran through the entrance to meet him. "I don't expect any thanks, catch ya lerra." He heard Georgina mumble before leaving. He stood up to hug his mother tightly, it was the third time he was seeing her. And for the first time in a long while, he wept.
"Mom, is it really you. Am I dreaming? Mom!!" He hugged her again. She was small in his arms, she was extremely thin and was obviously malnourished. He cried harder, his mother had been in pain for years while he had been living a luxurious life, hating on her and every woman. He had treated every woman unjustly and unfairly, he had said bad things about his mother, now he felt worse than ever. "You recognised me even after.....these, my old face and disfigured shape." His mother said after they finally left each other to sit. "You really saying that mom? How can a son ever forget his mother?" He held her bony hands gently as she smiled. He wiped his tears once again and hugged his mom. "I'm so sorry mom, I am really sorry. I should have come earlier mom, I should have known you needed me all these years, but I was hating on you, been hating on you." He said. "Baby calm down. I know none of this was your fault, none, so calm down and tell me what happened while I was gone, how's Cameron." His mother's soft voice chilled his brain and mind. "Mom. I hated you for all those years you left us. Georgina came to live with us and we couldn't recognise it wasn't you. She made our lives hell making us think all the time that it was you. She maltreated me, even made dad handicapped forever. I thought it was you all long and I said all sorts of bad things about you. If I had known it wasn't you all long, I would have known you were in trouble and would have come to save you. I was just so stupid and cold hearted to realize my mother couldn't do such horrible things that Georgina did to us. I'm sooo sorry mom, I'm extremely sorry." He cried out to her, but she just smiled, rubbing his hair genty as he laid low on her laps. "I know everything baby, I know it all. And I am also sorry for not being there for you too. Don't blame yourself for anything, you were too young then to understand." She said.
"Why? I want to know why Georgina is doing all of this? Why did she do this to you and why does she want to ruin me and Katie?" Fred asked, he wanna know everything and be clear on all this trash. "Katie? Oohhh, she must be Katherine, Regina's daughter?" His mother said, he became confused. "Who is Regina?" He asked but as usual, she just smiled again. "I will tell you everything."
"There was a couple. The Diamonds, they were my parents. They were childless for a long while, they thought they weren't going to give birth anymore. So they decided to adopt a child from the orphanage. That's Regina, Katherine's mother. They said she was adorable, they gave her everything they had, they thought she was the only child they would have, so they willed all their properties to her, they were extremely rich, too rich that if they had spent millions everyday till they died, they wouldn't have spent up to half the money they had. Fortunately for them their prayers were answered, the wife became pregnant and gave birth to twins, two girls, that's me and Veronica. As their first children, they pampered us, so much that we had everything we had, we were always held high up by everybody. None of us let all that get into our heads except Veronica. She took another turn among us. We were three loving sisters who were close beyond doubt, we never made Regina feel she was adopted though we all knew already. But Veronica changed, she suddenly changed. Maybe because she always got the best attention from guys and everyone as a whole, being the most beautiful of us all with a dream of being a model and actress, but she became aggressive, rude, arrogant and uncontrollable. The worst part was she became wayward. No one could talk sense into her, she felt she was above everybody. She turned against us, her sisters and took control of everything in the household, she felt it was just hers and my property and since I never bothered about material things but family, she took everything as hers and started living lavishly and luxuriously. Mother and father saw all of this and tried their best to stop her behaviour and childishness, they kept pestering her and making her know they were still alive and it was still thier property, guess that was what prompted her of killing them." Fred's gasp made her pause for a while. "She planned to kill her own parents? Well looking at her now, I won't say she isn't capable of doing that." Fred said and urged her to continue. She smiled once again.
"I guess that was what my parents saw that made them change their mind about the will. Soon enough, they both died. It was so crazy because they died at a very young age and till now, no one has found out the cause of their death. Weeks later when we were still mourning their death, their lawyer came to meet us to announce their will. I could see the smile on my twin sister's face, she had been expecting it, she really had. It was a great shock when the lawyer read the will. 70% of the property was given to Regina and the remaining 30%, was given to me. None was given to Veronica. She was boiling, she got extremely angry that day that she sent the lawyer out of the house, it was later we heard that the lawyer was involved in a fatal accident that took his life. I assumed Veronica had a hand in that too. Regina was a gentle and cool lady, she wanted no problem from anyone and she thought Veronica had been treated unfairly, she decided to give Veronica 30% of her own share too, she told me. We were about telling her one day when Regina heard that her fiance had been sent to jail by Veronica for a crime he didn't commit, she had accused him of trying to take advantage of her. Regina got really angry that she swore on her life never to give Veronica anything and the last time all of us saw, she told Veronica clearly. She placed a challenge before her to spoil all Veronica's plans, she stood up against Veronica and her stupid attitude, and for the first time, I was extremely pleased. That day, we all separated, went to different towns and vowed not to see one another again, we vowed to live separately and never disturb anyone of us again. We had no particular relatives. Remember when you were a child, you used to wonder why all the relatives that came to visit us were from your father's side, not mine, this is the reason." His mother explained. Fred sighed, oh shii, things were becoming clearer now.
"Well I didn't hear anything from any of them until that time I travelled for work and Veronica kidnapped me, she told me she had killed Regina and her husband and left their child Katherine an orphan and if I didn't want the same fate to befall my son, I should do as she wanted. I was so scared baby, I was, I couldn't allow anything happen to Cameron or you, so I obliged. That was when I learnt about everything, that she was still not pleased about the property which she thought was stolen from her, she vowed that she would get everything back, everything. I learnt about her plans, everything." She concluded and wiped her tears quietly so he would not see but he did and he stood to hug her and give her support. Then a question struck him. "Since you learnt about all her plans, what do you think is her next plan?" He asked naively. The terror in his mother's eyes confirmed all his fears. "Kill us Fred, she will kill all of us and get all the property, she will kill us."

Update now available
chapter 43 now available https://www.donsimonii.com/search/label/LOVE%20HAPPENS?max-results=5

1 Like

Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by Missmossy(f): 1:42pm On May 04, 2018
Such an evil sister, intriguing piece nothing should happen to Fred and his mom biko. Kudos to the writer.
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by devilmaycry1(m): 2:53pm On May 04, 2018
wicked sister karma is coming soon nice story
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 9:49pm On May 04, 2018
Missmossy:
Such an evil sister, intriguing piece nothing should happen to Fred and his mom biko. Kudos to the writer.

Would have love to give u hints, but read on, no spoiler
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 8:38am On May 05, 2018
Update now available
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by Taiwoly(m): 10:58am On May 05, 2018
Abeg Boss Pls, Na Beg I Dey Beg Make Una Update.I Don Read Chapter 43 Since May 2. Pls Make Una Update The Next One.Pls....
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 11:40am On May 05, 2018
Taiwoly:
Abeg Boss Pls, Na Beg I Dey Beg Make Una Update.I Don Read Chapter 43 Since May 2. Pls Make Una Update The Next One.Pls....
Sorry sir, the next update will be available by tomorrow morning sir,
You can check other stories by clicking the story menu on www.donsimonii.com
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 10:34am On May 06, 2018
Update now available
chapter 44 now available https://www.donsimonii.com/search/label/LOVE%20HAPPENS?max-results=5
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by Ann2012(f): 10:50am On May 07, 2018
I just pray Helena is for real and not another plan of Georgina, thanks for the update
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 1:07pm On May 07, 2018
Ann2012:
I just pray Helena is for real and not another plan of Georgina, thanks for the update
lol grin grin grin grin grin, you are welcom, dont forget to check out for otehr stories on the blog and your comments will be mostly aprecciated when its on the blog
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by Ann2012(f): 1:51pm On May 07, 2018
donsimoniiblog:

I am so sorry ma , the writer has exams, but updates will be available tomorrow morning and pls try commenting on the blog or are you having issues?
I've not tried commenting on the blog, I'll do so. I wish the writer success in his/her exams
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 4:15pm On May 07, 2018
Ann2012:
I've not tried commenting on the blog, I'll do so. I wish the writer success in his/her exams

her , thanks and dont forget to try, if you are having issues, pls let me know
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by Ann2012(f): 4:32pm On May 07, 2018
donsimoniiblog:

her , thanks and dont forget to try, if you are having issues, pls let me know
Ok
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by Taiwoly(m): 5:57pm On May 07, 2018
Bravo..... Thumbs Up 2 d writer #waiting for d next updates as quick as possible.seriously enjoying dis story. #fingers crossed
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by itsandi(m): 6:03pm On May 07, 2018
Interesting story smiley Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 11:33am On May 08, 2018
chapter 44 will be available by tomorrow morning on https://www.donsimonii.com/search/label/LOVE%20HAPPENS?max-results=5
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by Taiwoly(m): 1:49pm On May 10, 2018
We are waiting for chapter 45 ooo,pls come and update
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 5:42pm On May 10, 2018
Taiwoly:
We are waiting for chapter 45 ooo,pls come and update

That should be tomorrow
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by itsandi(m): 6:04pm On May 10, 2018
Interesting story smiley Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 7:54am On May 12, 2018
chapter 45 now available https://www.donsimonii.com/search/label/LOVE%20HAPPENS?max-results=5
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 7:09am On May 14, 2018
chapter 45 now available https://www.donsimonii.com/search/label/LOVE%20HAPPENS?max-results=5
Chapter 46 be available tomorrow after 5 more comments on the blog please

1 Like

Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by Babalodimu(m): 11:28pm On May 16, 2018
This is Waoh.
Good setting.
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 7:44am On May 17, 2018
chapter 46 now available https://www.donsimonii.com/search/label/LOVE%20HAPPENS?max-results=5
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 10:46am On May 23, 2018
chapter 47 now available, sorry for my absence
https://www.donsimonii.com/search/label/LOVE%20HAPPENS
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by Taiwoly(m): 11:23am On May 24, 2018
kudos 2 d writer buh the updates are taking too long.when next do we know you will update now maybe another two weeks interval.buh all in all u are an exceptional story writer. BRAVO!!!!
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 11:28am On Jun 13, 2018
chapter 48 will be available tomorrow or tonight, you can read other available stories on www.donsimonii.com
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 7:33am On Jun 14, 2018
Chapter 42
"You haven't still heard anything from him?..... Oh shii, did you check his phone records to see who he had contacted before his disappearance?....... Are you insane? How could you have ignored such information?...... Okay, its okay, please check now, thanks." Katie hung up and started pacing around again, she hadn't sat down since she heard of the disappearance of Fred, she has searched possible places with Tony who also never relented in his search. Where did he go to? Where did he disappear to? She couldn't help but get worried. "Just calm down Katie, who was that?" Tony, who was facing his laptop, obviously trying his best to get a location at least, asked. "The chief of police, can you believe they haven't checked his phone records since he went missing?" Katie replied questioningly. Katie put a facial search in all the places in Danpa and hoped to find a match soon, it was getting extremely difficult to get him. How could he had disappeared to the extent of them not finding him when she had seen him at the club just before she left for her date with Tony, that was the same day he got missing according to the report of his servants, he hadn't come back home that day and she was guessing she was the last person to see him. He couldn't have travelled because his name wasn't on the list of any of the flights, then where could he have gone to?. Katie informed Tv stations and gave them his pictures promising anyone who would bring him back a reward. He used to visit his father everyday, but he hadn't been there either, the nurses hadn't seen him. Where on earth could he be? "Georgina!! It would be her! Who could do such a thing if not her? She kidnapped him, she must have. Tony do you think Georgina had a hand in this?" Katie asked. "Ain't sure bout that, why would she kidnap him? What exactly would she gain, I can't imagine what she would gain from kidnapping him, lets just continue our search and keep her out of it." Tony replied. "She is the principal searcher in this, when did she start caring about Fred? I don't just understand." She still had her doubts. "Well, to clear your doubts, let's see if she could be involved by checking any possible connection between she and Fred and her whereabouts lately." Tony beckoned to her to join in the search too. "I remember Fred talking to her rudely at the Women Organisation and cancelling all their meetings. Do you think she is paying him back for the insults?" Katie asked Tony who just shrugged, not knowing anything about it. "You were both at the organisation?" Tony asked, somehow with a tone of Jealousy which Katie had no time to notice right then. "He had been invited as the special guest to the organisation and Georgina had been there too, we had some...." She was interrupted by Tony. "That's okay then, let's search for her." They both settled to search when her phone rang continuously, it was an unknown number, she picked.
"Hello..... Who is this?...... You could let one of your agents inform him, why me?... I'm not his fiancee and nothing is between us, don't get me wrong...... Fine fine, I'll go, bye." She hung up to face Tony's questionining look. "The police, they feel its appropriate that Fred's father knew about his disappearance, he has the right to and they want me to be the one that will break the news to him." She explained to him. "Why you? You aren't his family nor are you related to him." Tony said. His mood had changed, she noticed, could he be jealous? Why would he even be when she was his already? The harshness of his voice proved it. "Its what I told them but they wouldn't listen, they said I am the only one that has a little bit of closeness with him and the way he defended me at the organisation did some funny things in the minds of the people, they feel it right for me to tell his father." Katie explained further. "Oh yeah, go, just go." Tony said and pretended to face his computer. Katie smiled. "Tony look, you shouldn't act like this. There is nothing going on between Fred and I, you should know that. There was an attraction between us, I would not deny that, but all of that has ended now, I don't love him anymore Tony can you hear me? I DON'T LOVE HIM ANYMORE! I have you now and you have nothing to worry about. You are the best thing that has happened to me and I want to settle with you. And I promise you that there won't be anything between us again, he had a chance, he lost it, he lost to you, now its your chance, don't ruin it with Jealousy, I am all yours." She told him and for the first time in a long while, tears dropped from her eyes, not only because of the truth in what she said, but she cried for the last time for losing Fred. Tony kissed her tears away. "You are my everything Katie, I don't wanna lose you." He wrapped her in his arms then. He later set her free so she could set to go to the Clinic to see Mr Stiles.
Fifteen minutes later she was done and on her way to the Clinic. She had never seen Fred's father before and none of his family members, maybe that was the reason for her nervousness. She drove into the clinic and parked. She sat patiently in her car for some minutes, thinking how his father would look like and if he would have accepted her if she was still dating Fred, what kind of man he was and the extent of his disability. She later got out and went straight to the administration block to state her mission. She was given pass and was escorted by a nurse to his apartment, she stood firm, raised her chin and walked elegantly behind the nurse. Some old men might be annoying and demanding though Fred's father was still in his fifties or so, she still wanna take her stand. She finally got to a bed and saw a old, weary and thin man lying helplessly on it. Her guards immediately went down. "Mr Stiles, one Lady is here to see you." The nurse announced, Katie could see the excitement in his face when he heard 'a lady'. It was either he had something for ladies or none had come to visit him before. "Damn old woman, I told you to call me by my name, Cameron, Cameron! I'm not old yet and don't let the pretty lady think I am." Cameron said, Katie couldn't help but chuckle, he was just like Fred. The nurse smiled also before she left.
"Young Lady please take a seat." Katie sat down. His condition was heartbreaking, this was what Fred had put up with all those years, making him hate women. Georgina should be hanged for this. "I'm Katie Laurens, a friend of Fred's." She introduced. "Just a Friend? Awwn." Cameron mimicked a sad face, making Katie laugh. "Guess you are the lady Fred was always talking about. Katie Laurens, he always talked about you, every time, and every time he talked about you, I could see the fire in his eyes. You are the woman who has got my son's heart Katie, finally, we meet." Cameron said, maybe he got it all wrong, what was he saying. Fred never even loved her, he deceived his father too? How stupid! "You got it all wrong Mr Stiles, sorry, Cameron. There is nothing between the both of us." She told him but he didn't believe, he sure thinks she was trying to cover up but she didn't care. "Children of nowadays." He chuckled. "That's the main reason I am here, for Fred. I'm sorry to announce to you that your son has gone missing, he disappeared about a week ago. We are trying our best to find him and I promise you that we will find him soon, that's all, please put your trust in us and pray that our search be successful, thanks." Staying with the man made her feel uncomfortable already and before he would say anything else about Fred, she should get going. She stood up to leave. "I knew it, I knew Veronica would do something to harm my son, she should be lucky I can't get on my two feet, I would have plucked her eyes off, that shameless woman." Katie heard Cameron mutter, her eyes went wide open.
"Veronica? Georgina? What makes you think she was the one who did this?" Katie sat down back, getting more curious, he seemed so sure. "Of course she did it, she came here the other time, threatening me. She found out I am alive and she came to threaten not to make me live, so I wouldn't be able to expose her bad deeds. She said she would kill me and let Frederick my kid pay for my sins, this is how she intends to pay me back." Cameron told her. Georgina wants to kill him? His life was in danger then. She needed to protect him, she would have to take him far away from her, she would have to do that. "Your life must be in danger then, you need protection, how come you never told anyone, I will call for attention right away." Katie said and tried standing up but was held back by his hand which was too strong for a man in his state. "You never asked which deeds I am talking about." Well that wasn't all that mattered, his life was more important. "When you are safe, you can tell me, I will be back." She said and stood up. "You can't trust her young Lady, she can strike at anytime, I am not scared of death, I just need to tell you something and I want you to record it, please." Cameron pleaded. The Bleep, he didn't care about his own life? She didn't trust Georgina too and that's the reason she intended on taking him to a safe place, she would inform the nurses and alert Tony, he would be protected before she got back and then she would arrange for their flight immediately. "I'm sorry, your life is more important." She told him. "Stop being stubborn, don't you want to hear what happened to Curtis Jefferson and how Georgina framed your father for it?" Katie stopped dead in her tracks, what the Bleep!!!

CHAPTER 48 available now https://www.donsimonii.com/search/label/LOVE%20HAPPENS?max-results=5

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What is the difference between English literature and literature in English / Ola Rotimi's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Chinua Achebe With Sonia Sanchez In Throwback Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.