Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? (12070 Views)

Can Humans Be Possessed By Jinn? / Can A Person Be Possessed By The Jinn When He Is Keeping Up With Adhkaar? / The World Of Jinn -I (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by topsyspice(f): 2:53pm On Feb 27, 2018
Assalam aleikum warahmotullah wabarakatuh to my beautiful brothers and sisters in Islam. I want to appreciate you all for the beautiful job u are doing here. May Allah accept it as act of Ibadan from us all.

Please, I need an answer to this issue that has been bothering me for a long time now.
Straight to the point... I was posted to a department that is into Artistry works as a Secretary and my boss has his office beautifued with lots of art works like paintings, sculptural works (human, animals and non living things) I used to be afraid when I got there because of a particular art work which has eyes in it. It was placed in a place where you would always look where you like it or not. But now, not dt afraid again as I hv decided not to be looking there again. Among other things. All my fears are based on d fact that I know how Kinna are linked with these things and how I will not have anything to do with them. There are art works in my office too but not as much as dt.

To my questions:
1. What prayers can I do/be doing so as not to be affected
by these creatures.
2. Sometimes, when I work late, I pray Zuhr and Asr in my office, even though na 1 mind I dey use and I hope and pray Allah accepts them. Can I continue praying.
3. During pregnancy, how do I protect myself and my unborn child from harm. (if there is any).

The people working there are used to this. I was even telling 1 of them about the pictures and Jinns, even though he is a Muslim, he only laughed it off and said there can't be anything like that in the pictures. So it is only me who thinks about it everyday I am in the office.

Thanking you in advance.
Ma Salaam.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by topsyspice(f): 5:24pm On Feb 27, 2018
Please where are the knowledgeable scholars? I am waiting patiently for ur responses.
Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by tintingz(m): 3:45pm On Mar 01, 2018
Don't let religious disorder take over you, your irrational fear is base on what's not real, there's no harm in art works, no imaginary monster will hunt you, kindly appreciate the art works, free your mind.

Cc. topsyspice

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by iamgenius(m): 12:15am On Mar 02, 2018
topsyspice:
Assalam aleikum warahmotullah wabarakatuh to my beautiful brothers and sisters in Islam. I want to appreciate you all for the beautiful job u are doing here. May Allah accept it as act of Ibadan from us all.
Wa alaykumu salaam. Aamin.

Please, I need an answer to this issue that has been bothering me for a long time now.
Straight to the point...
Please don't always ask questions regarding the matter of the Deen here. Why? Because there are many sects and people here. All of them claim to be following the Sunnah of the Prophet (peace be upon him), and unfortunately, only one follow the Prophet.

I was posted to a department that is into Artistry works as a Secretary and my boss has his office beautifued with lots of art works like paintings, sculptural works (human, animals and non living things) I used to be afraid when I got there because of a particular art work which has eyes in it. It was placed in a place where you would always look where you like it or not. But now, not dt afraid again as I hv decided not to be looking there again. Among other things. All my fears are based on d fact that I know how Kinna are linked with these things and how I will not have anything to do with them. There are art works in my office too but not as much as dt.
Please be aware that making or keeping paintings and sculptures of animate objects is forbidden Islam. The Prophet (peace be upon him) says : "The picture makers(of living things) will have the most severe punishment in the Hereafter" May Allah save us from that.

If your company is into sculptures and paintings of animate things, then this type of work is forbidden in Islam. Allah says :
"And whosoever fears Allaah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty).

3. And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allaah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allaah will accomplish his purpose. Indeed Allaah has set a measure for all things”

[al-Talaaq 65:2-3]

To my questions:

1. What prayers can I do/be doing so as not to be affected
by these creatures.
Always read the morning and evening supplications from the Prophet (peace be upon him). You can get or download a book called "Citadel of the Believer", it contains most of the supplications of the Prophet (peace be upon him)

2. Sometimes, when I work late, I pray Zuhr and Asr in my office, even though na 1 mind I dey use and I hope and pray Allah accepts them. Can I continue praying.
Never pray where there are pictures of animate things except the pictures are removed or covered.

3. During pregnancy, how do I protect myself and my unborn child from harm. (if there is any).
By reading the Authentic Supplications recommended by the Prophet (peace be upon him)

The people working there are used to this. I was even telling 1 of them about the pictures and Jinns, even though he is a Muslim, he only laughed it off and said there can't be anything like that in the pictures. So it is only me who thinks about it everyday I am in the office.
Many Muslims don't know about it. Some that know think if they follow the teaching and commands of the Prophet (peace be upon him) they will be called Followers of Archaic Religion.

Note: The pictures may not be possessed by Jinns sometimes.

May Allah forgive us of our sins. Aamin
And Allah knows best.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by AbuTwins: 7:58am On Mar 02, 2018
iamgenius:

Please don't always ask questions regarding the matter of the Deen here. Why? Because there are many sects and people here. All of them claim to be following the Sunnah of the Prophet (peace be upon him), and unfortunately, only one follow the Prophet.

Please be aware that making or keeping paintings and sculptures of animate objects is forbidden Islam. The Prophet (peace be upon him) says : "The picture makers(of living things) will have the most severe punishment in the Hereafter" May Allah save us from that.

If your company is into sculptures and paintings of animate things, then this type of work is forbidden in Islam. Allah says :
"And whosoever fears Allaah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty).

3. And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allaah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allaah will accomplish his purpose. Indeed Allaah has set a measure for all things”

To my questions:
Always read the morning and evening supplications from the Prophet (peace be upon him). You can get or download a book called "Citadel of the Believer", it contains most of the supplications of the Prophet (peace be upon him)

Never pray where there are pictures of animate things except the pictures are removed or covered.

By reading the Authentic Supplications recommended by the Prophet (peace be upon him)

Many Muslims don't know about it. Some that know think if they follow the teaching and commands of the Prophet (peace be upon him) they will be called Followers of Archaic Religion.

And Allah knows best.

Jazaak Allahu khayran bro, May Allah increase us in knowledge.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by topsyspice(f): 1:48am On Mar 03, 2018
@iamgenius jazakumllah khayran.

Because I see that it is d Islamic section I thought it is OK to ask any questions relating to Islam but I hv seen what u meant. If I don't ask here where should I ask? Do we have like a whatsapp group or something?

The organization is a higher institution with so many depts. and they always do reporting @ least every 3 yrs so 4 now, I don't really hv much choice.

I have Hisnul Muslim and I do use prayers from it too.

May Allah forgive my sins and all of us in general. I know what to do as regards the salat.

Thank you so much for this, I so much appreciate it.
iamgenius:

To my questions:

And Allah knows best.

5 Likes

Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by Empiree: 6:24am On Mar 04, 2018
tintingz:
Don't let religious disorder take over you, your irrational fear is base on what's not real, there's no harm in art works, no imaginary monster will hunt you, kindly appreciate the art works, free your mind.

Cc. topsyspice
this thread isn't meant for you angry

9 Likes

Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by tintingz(m): 6:31am On Mar 04, 2018
Empiree:
Why isn't? undecided

10 Likes

Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by Empiree: 6:40am On Mar 04, 2018
tintingz:
Why isn't? undecided
because Op was selective and precised about her desired audience when she said:

topsyspice:
Assalam aleikum warahmotullah wabarakatuh to my beautiful brothers and sisters in Islam .

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by tintingz(m): 6:46am On Mar 04, 2018
Empiree:
because Op was selective and precised about her desired audience when she said:
That's her desired audience but does not restrict me from commenting or dropping an advice, it's her choice to take it or ignore it.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by topsyspice(f): 7:21am On Mar 04, 2018
[quote author=tintingz post=65542041] That's her desired audience but does not restrict me from commenting or dropping an advice, it's her choice to take it or ignore it.[/quotee]

And that is exactly what I have done. Ignoring it and ignoring you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by tintingz(m): 10:01am On Mar 04, 2018
topsyspice:
And that is exactly what I havv done. Ignoring it and ignoring you.

Ok, Goodluck to you.

12 Likes

Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by Empiree: 12:06pm On Mar 04, 2018
tintingz:
That's her desired audience but does not restrict me from commenting or dropping an advice, it's her choice to take it or ignore it.
you trouble, isn't cheesy
Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by Empiree: 3:54pm On Mar 04, 2018
topsyspice:
Op, it s simple. You do not offer your salat in the direction where those things are. And Jinns are not always in them but they are vulnerable. If you can, clear them from the qibla at the time of salat and pray. If that's not possible, say for instance most of those things are placed in your direction, you can always face other direction that is more comfortable. INTENTION PRECEEDS actions until you can find other means of income.

You can't be losing your job every time you encounter situations like this. You have to work your way around them. The more you are exposed the more you see. Some Muslims work in a much complicated and harder environment than this and they still meet their daily obligations.

9 Likes

Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by topsyspice(f): 1:48am On Mar 05, 2018
@Empiree
Thank you for this. Jazakumllah khyran.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by emekaRaj(m): 3:15pm On Mar 07, 2018
topsyspice:

Thank you for this. Jazakumllah khyran.

Don't mind dat idiot..... There is no what'sapp group for u to ask ur questions. U can always ask any questions u want here

2 Likes

Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by Raintaker(m): 9:21pm On Mar 07, 2018
emekaRaj:

Don't mind dat idiot..... There is no what'sapp group for u to ask ur questions. U can always ask any questions u want here
Lol at don't mind that idiot.
Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by topsyspice(f): 5:43am On Mar 08, 2018
@Emekaraj

OK. Thanks sir.
Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by JegaQuin: 9:48am On Mar 09, 2018
topsyspice:
@iamgenius jazakumllah khayran.

Because I see that it is d Islamic section I thought it is OK to ask any questions relating to Islam but I hv seen what u meant. If I don't ask here where should I ask? Do we have like a whatsapp group or something?

The organization is a higher institution with so many depts. and they always do reporting @ least every 3 yrs so 4 now, I don't really hv much choice.

I have Hisnul Muslim and I do use prayers from it too.

May Allah forgive my sins and all of us in general. I know what to do as regards the salat.

Thank you so much for this, I so much appreciate it.

Sister next time throw your questions to this website~ www.islamqa.info
Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by timilehin95(m): 9:49am On Mar 09, 2018
Empiree:
we know it's meant for asses like u shocked

4 Likes

Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by Nobody: 9:51am On Mar 09, 2018
Lol

1 Like

Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by timilehin95(m): 9:53am On Mar 09, 2018
tintingz:

Cc. topsyspice
Best answer kiss

Art work nd painting are sins yet we see so many depicting their prophets and places of worship.. Hypocrisy undecided

4 Likes

Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by JegaQuin: 9:53am On Mar 09, 2018
Empiree:
Op, it s simple. You do not offer your salat in the direction where those things are. And Jinns are not always in them but they are vulnerable. If you can, clear them from the qibla at the time of salat and pray. If that's not possible, say for instance most of those things are placed in your direction, you can always face other direction that is more comfortable. INTENTION PRECEEDS actions until you can find other means of income.

You can't be losing your job every time you encounter situations like this. You have to work your way around them. The more you are exposed the more you see. Some Muslims work in a much complicated and harder environment than this and they still meet their daily obligations.

Bro are you saying they can be be around the room she's praying as far as she doesn't face them praying? Do you have dalil for this?

1 Like

Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by topsyspice(f): 9:54am On Mar 09, 2018
@ JegaQuin

Thank you very much for this info ma.
Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by timilehin95(m): 9:54am On Mar 09, 2018
DREAMZZZ:
Pls i have bombs for sale..interested parties should pm .. asala amu ekun
Not surprised
It's a trademark undecided

1 Like

Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by kramer: 9:58am On Mar 09, 2018
iamgenius:

[b]"And whosoever fears Allaah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty).

Wow this is very interesting, never knew paintings of animate things were forbidden in Islam, can I ask why the prophet (SAW) was so against them?
Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by muthmayinnah: 9:58am On Mar 09, 2018
iamgenius:

EVERYTHING HE SAID IS CORRECT. SECONDED

To my questions:

And Allah knows best.

HE IS RIGHT, THAT IS JUST THE TRUTH
Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by rushman003: 10:02am On Mar 09, 2018
JegaQuin:

Sister next time throw your questions to this website~ www.islamqa.info

JazakumuLlah khairan bro... @topsyspice always refer your question to the site about, they based their judgement on Sunnah and the book of Allaah, you may now post your reply or answer here for everyone willing to benefit...

1 Like

Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 09, 2018
The Jins will be scared of you, Walk with confidence and do your things Knowing that Allah is with the righteous. A doze of Ayatul kursi should ward them off when you start having goose bumps...Allah alam.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by ilyasmuy: 11:06am On Mar 09, 2018
Similar answer from IslamQa

Is it permissible to pray in a room in which there are images?

Praise be to Allaah.

The most correct view is that it is not permissible to pray in a room in which images of animate beings are hanging, on the basis of several reports, including the following:

The hadeeth of Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him), who said: the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog or images.” (Agreed upon).

The hadeeth of ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) who said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) returned from a journey and I had covered an alcove with a blanket on which there were images. When the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) saw it, he tore it down and said, ‘The people who will be most severely punished on the Day of Resurrection will be those who imitate the creation of Allaah.’” (Agreed upon).

The hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Jibreel came to me and said: ‘I came to you yesterday and nothing prevented me from entering except that there was a statue by your door, and there was a curtain in your house with images on it, and there was a dog in the house. So tell someone to cut the head off the statue by your door, so it will look like a tree; tell someone to cut up the curtain and make it into floor-cushions that will be stepped on; and tell someone to put the dog outside.’” So the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did that. (Narrated by Abu Dawood, al-Tirmidhi and Ahmad).

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) gave a brief answer to this question, when he was asked: is it permissible to pray in synagogues and churches where there are images, or not? Can we say that they are the houses of Allaah, or not? He replied: they are not the houses of Allaah, for the houses of Allaah are the mosques. These (churches etc.) are houses in which people express their disbelief (kufr) in Allaah. Even though Allaah may be mentioned in them, the house is the same as its occupants, and their occupants are kuffaar, so they are the houses of worship of the kuffaar.

As regards praying in them, there are three scholarly views in the Madhhab of Ahmad and others: absolute prohibition, which is the view of Maalik; absolute permission, which is the view of some of the companions of Ahmad; and the third view, which is the correct view and was narrated from ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab and others, and from Ahmad and others. This view states that if there are images in the church, we should not pray there, because the angels do not enter a house in which there are images, and because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not enter the Ka’bah until the images inside it had been wiped out. Similarly, ‘Umar said: we do not enter their churches if there are images inside.

Churches are like mosques that are built over graves. In al-Saheehayn it says that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was told about a church in Ethiopia, and the adornments and images inside it. He said: “When a righteous man among them dies, they build a mosque (place of worship) over his grave and put those images there. They will be the most evil of people with Allaah on the Day of Resurrection.” But the Sahaabah did pray in churches in which there were no images. And Allaah knows best.

1 Like

Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by ilyasmuy: 11:10am On Mar 09, 2018
Delaying prayer until night-time because of work

Many workers delay Zuhr and ‘Asr prayers until night-time, giving the excuse that they are too busy at work or that their clothes are najis (impure) or not clean. What advice can you give them?

Praise be to Allaah.
It is not permissible for a Muslim man or woman to delay an obligatory prayer beyond the proper time, rather every accountable Muslim man and woman is obliged to perform the prayers on time as much as they can.

Work is not an excuse for delaying prayer, neither is impurity on clothes or clothes being dirty. None of these are acceptable excuses.

People should be excused from work at prayer times; at the time of prayer a worker has to wash the impurity from his clothes, or change into clean clothes. As for regular dirt (as opposed to impurities), this does not prevent one from praying in those clothes, so long as that dirt is not impure and does not have an offensive smell that would bother other worshippers. But if the dirt or its smell will bother others, then he has to wash it before praying, or change into clean clothes so that he can pray in congregation.

It is permissible for those who have legitimate shar’i excuses, such as those who are sick or are travelling, to combine Zuhr and ‘Asr at the time of either of them, and to combine Maghrib and ‘Isha’ at the time of either of them.

This was narrated in the saheeh Sunnah of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). It is also permissible to join prayers when there is heavy rain or mud, which cause difficulty for people.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

2017 Scholarship Opportunities At The Medina Institute, South Africa / Why Are Yoruba Moslems Considered Inferior To Hausa Moslems? / Ruling On Dealing/Buying Animate Toys (Bèèbí) For Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.