Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:44 AM

Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari (53517 Views)

Peace Corps Members Protest In Benue, Urge Buhari To Give Assent To Peace Corps / Buhari Rejects Nigerian Peace Corps Bill / Senate Drops Nigerian Peace Corps Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by sirequity(m): 3:40pm On Feb 27, 2018
PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari has divulged why he refused to assent to the Peace Corp Bill.

Buhari noted that security concerns and financial burden of funding the organisation are his reasons for his action.

He stated this in a letter he sent to the House of Representatives which was read during plenary on Tuesday (27/02/2018) by the Speaker of the House, Yakubu Dogara.

To him, given the “scarce government resources”, funding the organisation will be a financial burden on the federal government.

He then noted that the organisation is a duplication of existing security agencies which are to undertake activities currently being performed by extant security and law enforcement agencies.

The National Assembly passed the Peace Corps Bill in 2017, after a prolonged battle involving the organisation and the nation’s security agencies.

The bill has been widely anticipated by many Nigerians, especially the youth who believe creation of the corps will reduce unemployment.

Source: https://www.headlineng.com/withheld-assent-peace-corps-bill-buhari/

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by sirequity(m): 3:41pm On Feb 27, 2018
But there is $1billion to fight Boko Haram baa?

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by adadike281(f): 3:50pm On Feb 27, 2018
You withheld it because u are simply a scourge meant to punish Nigerians

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by AishaBuhari: 3:51pm On Feb 27, 2018
They should collapse Peace Corps into the police force

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Yobii(m): 3:52pm On Feb 27, 2018
oh oh
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Orubebe01: 3:53pm On Feb 27, 2018
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by olasunkanmii(m): 3:54pm On Feb 27, 2018
I guess this is where the road ends. Dia ris God o. I've spent almost 100k. Time and money wasted! The hustling continues.

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Themandator: 3:55pm On Feb 27, 2018
sirequity:
But there is $1billion to fight Boko Haram baa?

But it won't last forever. Peace Corp is not needful. Security service to a nation is just a means to earn ones livehood.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by drey076(m): 3:55pm On Feb 27, 2018
k
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by pejuakinab: 3:55pm On Feb 27, 2018
You be anti youth progress

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Chidonc(m): 3:55pm On Feb 27, 2018
adadike281:
You withheld it because u are simply a scourge meant to punish Nigerians
Aunty do you know Tribalism and hate is toxic to your health, what is the use of peace corps when federal government is still having problems paying existing salaries, I know you don't like buhari neither do I, but learn to call a spade a spade

215 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by anyimontana(m): 3:55pm On Feb 27, 2018
In a sane country,all d money will be returned to the poor candidates..
They've bin defrauded.. Korokoro

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by NwaAmaikpe: 3:55pm On Feb 27, 2018
shocked

I stand with the Dullàrd.

Buhari hates peace besides
Nigeria is not a peaceful country.
We know it,
The world knows it.

It will be hypocritical to empower a Peace Corps when the country doesn't not have the capability of being peaceful.

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by serverconnect(m): 3:55pm On Feb 27, 2018
BAD MARKET FOR THOSE APPLICANT

5 Likes

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Skepticus: 3:55pm On Feb 27, 2018
This is the presidency, some IDIOTS are expecting to "announce", not pay a minimum wage, in September of this year!! embarassed embarassed embarassed

When some of you wake up from the spell you have been put in, Buhari may well be in his 4th term. Foolish citizens

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Nobody: 3:56pm On Feb 27, 2018
nkkl
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Jeezuzpick(m): 3:56pm On Feb 27, 2018
What will Peace Corps offer sef?

We have NPF, Armed Forces, NIMASA, DSS, NIA, FRSC, NSCDC and others.

What impact will Dickson's Peace Corps bring?

I remember Dickson. He hijacked my Secondary school in 1990 in the name of Cadet Corps. Had to be pursued from the school. I will not go into the rubbish that went on in that school while he held sway.

I'm surprised he's still at it after all these years.

13 Likes

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by kingzjay(m): 3:56pm On Feb 27, 2018
The already existing security outfits should be strengthened and reinforced instead of establishing new ones!

It's totally a waste of resources.

32 Likes

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by odukoko(m): 3:57pm On Feb 27, 2018
Up NPF!
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Spaxon(f): 3:57pm On Feb 27, 2018
USELESS OLD MAN

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by CATESTIMONYMIDE(m): 3:57pm On Feb 27, 2018
Hmm
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Newpride(m): 3:57pm On Feb 27, 2018
God bless pmb on this.
our national assembly memebers are directionless.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by carinmom(f): 3:57pm On Feb 27, 2018
This is a welcome development

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Iamrichie: 3:57pm On Feb 27, 2018
As bitter as it may seem, I ll say it is a good directive by the president cos signing dt bill into law will surely create tension wt other security agencies just like civil defence did due to separation and definition of duties by relevant agencies.

15 Likes

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by cameeeeel(m): 3:57pm On Feb 27, 2018
what happened to Npower 2017 applicants
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by AngryRebel: 3:57pm On Feb 27, 2018
If u voted for Buhari and u are an applicant for the peace corp job...Ntoor grin grin grin

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Lanre4uonly(m): 3:58pm On Feb 27, 2018
It is noted and it is well with the affected applicants.
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by babdap: 3:58pm On Feb 27, 2018
one chance
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Praktikals(m): 3:59pm On Feb 27, 2018
Baba is not Jona dunce that can be pushed around ; or who appends his signature without reading a document's content.

17 Likes

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Reader530(m): 3:59pm On Feb 27, 2018
I am not in support of this government but the truth is that peace Corp is a duplication of other security agencies.

22 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mompha's Reaction To Bawa, EFCC Chairman's Sack / Chukwuemeka Ihedioha Graduates With First Class From Warwick University / Witches In Kogi Endorse President Buhari And Yahaya Bello. Hold Mini Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.