Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,798 members, 7,802,558 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

Dangote Tops Forbes’ 23 African Billionaires List For The 7th Time - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Tops Forbes’ 23 African Billionaires List For The 7th Time (20187 Views)

Forbes’ Top 20 African Billionaires 2024 (Full List) / Forbes Drops Folorunso Alakija Out Of 2021 Billionaires List / Forbes 2020 World's Richest: Only 4 Nigerians Make Exclusive Billionaires List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Tops Forbes’ 23 African Billionaires List For The 7th Time by EarthXmetahuman: 8:34am On Feb 28, 2018
Interesting.
1 hausas and 2 yorubas.

I'm joining them soon.
Re: Dangote Tops Forbes’ 23 African Billionaires List For The 7th Time by internationalman(m): 8:34am On Feb 28, 2018
Where is Davido's father?

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Tops Forbes’ 23 African Billionaires List For The 7th Time by BafanaBafana: 8:36am On Feb 28, 2018
These are the bad belle people paddy Adenuga was talking about.
The type of people we go to church to cast and bind.
Nwaisuochi:
And Kano state still has the highest number of beggars in the zoo.Nonsense!
paymentvoucher:
As long as the CABAL are still in power, Dangotte will continue to win it back to back

Right now, everything works in favour of Dangotte

Nigeria is really a comic relief.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Tops Forbes’ 23 African Billionaires List For The 7th Time by asawanathegreat(m): 8:39am On Feb 28, 2018
Good news 4 naija
Re: Dangote Tops Forbes’ 23 African Billionaires List For The 7th Time by BabangidaHamza(m): 8:40am On Feb 28, 2018
Nwaisuochi:
And Kano state still has the highest number of beggars in the zoo.Nonsense!
I swear d tin pain am?? And the so-called poto-poto republic has the highest number of drug traffickers, Baby factories, Kidnapping PLC, Fraudsters.. If na lie go c how dey developed Malaysia, India, Indonesia, Bangladesh, South Africa... Developers Kwenu!!!

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Tops Forbes’ 23 African Billionaires List For The 7th Time by ifrosh: 8:41am On Feb 28, 2018
Please i cant find Otedola there..........i mean ootedola for the money oooooo.
Re: Dangote Tops Forbes’ 23 African Billionaires List For The 7th Time by paymentvoucher: 8:44am On Feb 28, 2018
Is paddy Adenuga a Comedian?
BafanaBafana:
These are the bad belle people paddy Adenuga was talking about.
The type of people we go to church to cast and bind.
Re: Dangote Tops Forbes’ 23 African Billionaires List For The 7th Time by yomibelle(f): 8:44am On Feb 28, 2018
SLIDEwaxie:
lame quote.

First, Success is not when u make it but when u are able to sustain it.

Second, wetin concern u with Otedola? You rich pass am?

u simply cudnt refrain from mentioning my post abi

i hope wt ur observations...u got a credit alert
Re: Dangote Tops Forbes’ 23 African Billionaires List For The 7th Time by taayourty(m): 8:46am On Feb 28, 2018
Those noise makers, non of them is present on the list? SMH!

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Tops Forbes’ 23 African Billionaires List For The 7th Time by gulfer: 8:50am On Feb 28, 2018
Fake list, I can't see HUSHPUPPi on the list........... grin grin grin
Re: Dangote Tops Forbes’ 23 African Billionaires List For The 7th Time by passyhansome(m): 8:52am On Feb 28, 2018
DollarAngel:
[b]Let me educate you. A created thing can't give himself purpose, by theory of being a creature. Success is not measured by achievement of dreams, it is measured by fulfillment of purpose. To be achiever and be successful are not the same thing. Bill gate, Mark, Dangote, Most of them on that list are achievers. Sucessful men on earth are those turning many to righteousness. Success is defined by two reasons 1. Man school of thought 2. God's school of thought Remember the rich man in Luke, the world called him a rich man, but God sees him as a fool.. What you can do is the ability given to you by God to be successful in your means for attaining to the end.
A man's end is simply what he was created to be. Man at its best equals to vanity. Philantropism does not lead to heaven, righteousness does. Are you living for yourself
like the rich fool did or God's purpose for you. With your wealth do you support the gospel to be preached, are you a soul winner, are you a light in the darkness. [/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Tops Forbes’ 23 African Billionaires List For The 7th Time by Marvin10(m): 8:58am On Feb 28, 2018
A addicted to success and i know someday, I will be on the list too but meanwhile kudos to Nigerians on the list especially Aliko Dangote, am proud of you guys and looking up to you. More grace.
Re: Dangote Tops Forbes’ 23 African Billionaires List For The 7th Time by bornolowu(m): 9:04am On Feb 28, 2018
yomibelle:
Success takes u 2 d top n continuous success ensures u stay at d top

btw...cant see Otedola
a very poor quote girl!!
Re: Dangote Tops Forbes’ 23 African Billionaires List For The 7th Time by kolexy(m): 9:07am On Feb 28, 2018
emmalezdigital:

Three Nigerians have featured in Forbes 23 African Billionaires List.. Sitting atop the list, for the 7th year in a row, is industrialist, Aliko Dangote with $12.2 Billion.
Forbes 23 African Billionaires List

Two other Nigerians are also on the list, they include, Glo owner, Mike Adenuga with $5.3 Billion, and oil magnate Folorunsho Alakija with $1.6 Billion.

3 Nigerians feature in Forbes’ 23 African Billionaires list, Dangote retaining the throne for the 7th year in a row with $12.2 billion.

The only other woman on the list is Angola’s Isabel dos Santos with $2.7 billion, down from $3.2 billion a year ago.

8 South Africans feature on the list, the highest for any African country, diamond mining heir Nicky Oppenheimer with $7.7 billion being the richest of the lot.
Forbes 23 African Billionaires List

See the full list of Africa’s 23 billionaires below:

#1 Aliko Dangote – $12.2 billion
#2 Nicky Oppenheimer – $7.7 billion
#3 Johann Rupert – $7.2 billion
#4 Nassef Sawiris – $6.8 billion
#5 Mike Adenuga – $5.3 billion
#6 Issad Rebrab – $4 billion
#6 Naguib Sawiris – $4 billion
#8 Koos Bekker – $2.8 billion
#9 Isabel dos Santos – $2.7 billion
#9 Mohamed Mansour – $2.7 billion
#11 Patrice Motsepe – $2.4 billion
#12 Aziz Akhannouch – $2.2 billion
#13 Yasseen Mansour – $1.9 billion
#14 Strive Masiyiwa – $1.7 billion
#15 Folorunsho Alakija – $1.6 billion
#15 Othman Benjelloun – $1.6 billion
#17 Mohammed Dewji – $1.5 billion
#18 Youssef Mansour – $1.4 billion
#19 Michiel Le Roux – $1.2 billion
#19 Stephen Saad – $1.2 billion
#21 Desmond Sacco – $1.1 billion
#21 Onsi Sawiris – $1.1 billion
#21 Christoffel Wiese – $1.1 billion

source
https://www.reportnaija.ng/2018/02/27/dangote-tops-forbes-23-african-billionaires-list-7th-time/

cc lalasticlala

This list is incomplete without People like Aurthur Eze, Tony Elumelu, Obijackson and Cosharis. These Igbo Millionaires are wealthy, but keep a low profile.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Tops Forbes’ 23 African Billionaires List For The 7th Time by Tinocosta17(m): 9:07am On Feb 28, 2018
edgecution:

Dangote can buy Trump over and over again

For your mind abi ??
Re: Dangote Tops Forbes’ 23 African Billionaires List For The 7th Time by 4kings: 9:09am On Feb 28, 2018
Tinocosta17:

For your mind abi ??
Well not literally buy.
But the point is Dangote is richer than Trump.
Re: Dangote Tops Forbes’ 23 African Billionaires List For The 7th Time by marvin906(m): 9:19am On Feb 28, 2018
obembet:
My friend is not there... Femi Otedola....

E pain am

At what age sir?

Why u come take am personal?

before 30
Re: Dangote Tops Forbes’ 23 African Billionaires List For The 7th Time by marvin906(m): 9:21am On Feb 28, 2018
paymentvoucher:
huh! You say what Kindly double check please

kindly explain undecided undecided
Re: Dangote Tops Forbes’ 23 African Billionaires List For The 7th Time by Mambox: 9:26am On Feb 28, 2018
Since reduced access to free subsidy on petroleum products, Femi Otedola has gradually been eased out of the apex billionaire class.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Tops Forbes’ 23 African Billionaires List For The 7th Time by bankylan: 9:38am On Feb 28, 2018
kolexy:

This list is incomplete without People like Aurthur Eze, Tony Elumelu, Obijackson and Cosharis. These Igbo Millionaires are wealthy, but keep a low profile.

The list has the names of the Billionaires in Africa and not the millionaires you mentioned.

6 Likes

Re: Dangote Tops Forbes’ 23 African Billionaires List For The 7th Time by stankezzy: 9:44am On Feb 28, 2018
trace the success of billioner around the world and find out that it is only Nigerian billioner that are different , bill gate is an inventor , Zuckerberg is an inventor , buffet is an investor that started with 12 dollars , in South Africa most of their millioners are into mining that started with nothing, come to nigeria , alakija received an oil well worth billions with faith and became a billioner , adenuga was a taxi driver in the usa came back to nigeria after his studies and suddenly buys glo licence worth more than 10 billion naira , dangote his grand father gave him 350 thousand naira not in 1910 or 1960 but 1980s suddenly he started to build industries and import equipment worth billions , they converted the money in their mind into their account , that is why developed men are calling us shithole country , they see us as senseless people , ty Danjuma received an oil well licence with faith which is just a peper , he did not even care to read what was written in the papers or go see the place , he just called one white man and sold the papper for 500 million dollars then tomorrow he will come to drag with real billioner that are cracking their senses to build or make out something

1 Like

Re: Dangote Tops Forbes’ 23 African Billionaires List For The 7th Time by AnanseK(m): 9:45am On Feb 28, 2018
paymentvoucher:
As long as the CABAL are still in power, Dangotte will continue to win it back to back

Right now, everything works in favour of Dangotte

Nigeria is really a comic relief.

Even to copy name you cannot copy, so how can you be an achiever?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Tops Forbes’ 23 African Billionaires List For The 7th Time by brainpower(m): 9:46am On Feb 28, 2018
kabrud:

So she is in charge of Nigeria Delta Development Fund?

I knew someone was going to bring up this line. "Niger Delta leaders should be blamed" talk. Don't forget that you don't put a goat and a yam together. Since our politicians are thieves and greedy men what any well meaning investor should do is to give most of these dividends straight to the people by giving them good infrastructures and education.

In her case she got the oil well by just being a stylist to IBB's wife. So should appreciate God by helping the host communities.
Re: Dangote Tops Forbes’ 23 African Billionaires List For The 7th Time by drealzum(m): 9:49am On Feb 28, 2018
Net worth of Dangote keeps dropping but he is still topping the list.
The Sawiris are the richest family in Africa.
What suprise me is that, they are coptic Christians.
Christians making lot of Money in Egypt populated by Muslims. The head of the family, Onsi must be a smart man to be able to survive with religion discrimination. Two of his three children are on the list.
I believe Patrice motsepe the richest man in South Africa will rise in wealth in the next coming years.
His inlaw Cyril Rhamaphosa(A millionaire) is now the new president of South Africa. The will make lot of money together same way Jacob Zuma did with the Gupta brothers.
The man I respect the most on the list is Sir Strive Masiyiwa. A Christian. Very humble. He takes time to converse with the youth inspite of his busy schedules. He listens to all.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Tops Forbes’ 23 African Billionaires List For The 7th Time by Nobody: 9:55am On Feb 28, 2018
Are you up to 18 years ?
Re: Dangote Tops Forbes’ 23 African Billionaires List For The 7th Time by paymentvoucher: 10:06am On Feb 28, 2018
Is your brain a copy version?
AnanseK:

Even to copy name you cannot copy, so how can you be an achiever?
Re: Dangote Tops Forbes’ 23 African Billionaires List For The 7th Time by akigbemaru: 10:21am On Feb 28, 2018
drealzum:
Net worth of Dangote keeps dropping but he is still topping the list.
The Sawiris are the richest family in Africa.
What suprise me is that, they are coptic Christians.
Christians making lot of Money in Egypt populated by Muslims. The head of the family, Onsi must be a smart man to be able to survive with religion discrimination. Two of his three children are on the list.
I believe Patrice motsepe the richest man in South Africa will rise in wealth in the next coming years.
His inlaw Cyril Rhamaphosa(A millionaire) is now the new president of South Africa. The will make lot of money together same way Jacob Zuma did with the Gupta brothers.
The man I respect the most on the list is Sir Strive Masiyiwa. A Christian. Very humble. He takes time to converse with the youth inspite of his busy schedules. He listens to all.

Re: Dangote Tops Forbes’ 23 African Billionaires List For The 7th Time by Navalsadiq(m): 10:25am On Feb 28, 2018
DollarAngel:
[b]Let me educate you. A created thing can't give himself purpose, by theory of being a creature. Success is not measured by achievement of dreams, it is measured by fulfillment of purpose. To be achiever and be successful are not the same thing. Bill gate, Mark, Dangote, Most of them on that list are achievers. Sucessful men on earth are those turning many to righteousness. Success is defined by two reasons 1. Man school of thought 2. God's school of thought Remember the rich man in Luke, the world called him a rich man, but God sees him as a fool.. What you can do is the ability given to you by God to be successful in your means for attaining to the end.
A man's end is simply what he was created to be. Man at its best equals to vanity. Philantropism does not lead to heaven, righteousness does. Are you living for yourself
like the rich fool did or God's purpose for you. With your wealth do you support the gospel to be preached, are you a soul winner, are you a light in the darkness. [/b]
relate these message to all those pastors that are buying private jets

1 Like

Re: Dangote Tops Forbes’ 23 African Billionaires List For The 7th Time by Joshuaoseoboh(m): 10:28am On Feb 28, 2018
edgecution:

Dangote can buy Trump over and over again
Is that why you quoted everything
Re: Dangote Tops Forbes’ 23 African Billionaires List For The 7th Time by Joshuaoseoboh(m): 10:29am On Feb 28, 2018
marunga:
nonsense heart attack. South Africa is topping there with 6 peoples on the list.
And what have you contributed
Re: Dangote Tops Forbes’ 23 African Billionaires List For The 7th Time by Jagz16(m): 10:30am On Feb 28, 2018
So alakija get money pass otedola
Re: Dangote Tops Forbes’ 23 African Billionaires List For The 7th Time by 7footre(m): 10:31am On Feb 28, 2018
Strive masiyiwa.... My mentor kiss kiss kiss

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buy At Alaba International Wholesale Price / SPAR Shopping Extravaganza Abuja: Fashanu, Others Excite Abuja Residents / Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.