Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,997 members, 7,799,421 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians (9873 Views)

One Million Naira Challenge For Web & Data Beginners / How Your Business Can Make One Million Naira In One Month. / Yeapyapp Is Offering Free Websites For Any 20 Lucky Entrepreneur This Christmas! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by Mariangeles(f): 6:55am On Feb 28, 2018
Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by petersos(m): 6:58am On Feb 28, 2018
ajealadick:
Hmmmm, Exponential Yahoo
do you have sense
Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by Nobody: 7:04am On Feb 28, 2018
obembet:

This is Ambode not your flat head Governor

Ok
Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by amstamon: 7:08am On Feb 28, 2018
Lagos the center of excellence.
Ambode, the only governor who cares for the common people, unlike fashola who only cares for he elites.
But sorry, until I see it happening, I won't take their word serious.
Sorry....
Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by cdqyehyeh(m): 7:09am On Feb 28, 2018
Kingwizzy16:
Action speaks louder than words

Until I see them training them, I won't take it serious
One of my friend has already applied for the program.
Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by FraQture(m): 7:09am On Feb 28, 2018
y'all shouldn't freak out yet. It's still a promise from our dear politicians.. The last time I checked, election is very close. So expect more promises and "nzuzu' from them.
Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by tiwiex(m): 7:17am On Feb 28, 2018
rottennaija:
And one wonders why Lagos state will not continue to surpass other states in both infrastructure and continuous growth?
And also debt.
Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by Nobody: 7:19am On Feb 28, 2018
Way to go!!
Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by Yoshy: 7:23am On Feb 28, 2018
nairalanduseles:
i hope our igbo state will ff instead of just committing crime

Now you called Igbo, even in the 1M Lagos quota, I'm 100% sure some Ignore guys will be among.
Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by Apus: 7:23am On Feb 28, 2018
Dreydoe:
Yimu..na so dem dey always talk...akara

The Lstef programme partnered by Lagos state to empower unemployed youths dint live up to expectations atall, After all the rigours training, the batch 1 who have successfully concluded the program have not seen transportation fare- promised to them and even no jobs placement..

All na Akaraa..liars

They've been paid yesterday. About 7k or so.
Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by surgical: 7:40am On Feb 28, 2018
rottennaija:
And one wonders why Lagos state will not continue to surpass other states in both infrastructure and continuous growth?
All is propaganda ,they have the resources to do this and more but they will not, they are excellent in propaganda, in disguise, and deceit, a typical example is the way they are managing their LSETF they are not interested in anybody but how to be in office, fortunately for them lagosians are not checking them to verify their claims.
Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by surgical: 7:42am On Feb 28, 2018
Apus:

how come its only that knows
Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by kingsleyugo41(m): 7:46am On Feb 28, 2018
cdqyehyeh:

One of my friend has already applied for the program.
i applied last year please do u know if they have contacted ur friend?
Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by Apus: 8:07am On Feb 28, 2018
surgical:
how come its only that knows
Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by rottennaija(m): 8:15am On Feb 28, 2018
tiwiex:

And also debt.

All countries are indebted
Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by ikorodureporta: 8:29am On Feb 28, 2018
Me wey don apply since......so old people cannot learn coding undecided
Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by Nobody: 9:16am On Feb 28, 2018
purem:

People just be praising ambode thought that longetivity of a promise makes it disappear like mess

Election is around the corner, ambode doesn't need a unfulfillable lies to make people vote him in, we all know that nobody will rule Lagos State in the next election except him.

Nah. This isn't about elections, Code Lagos has been in the works since at least early last year; I know a couple of companies that have incorporated it into their CSR to support LASG.
Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by Exciton(m): 9:18am On Feb 28, 2018
This is commendable but it surely won't make us a developed nation IMO.

This new programming craze among young Nigerians and support from "progressive" Naija leaders seem to stem from a prevalent but flawed idea that IT, without the ability to actually manufacture anything, will kickstart and have a huge impact on our development.

Doesn't matter how well we can write codes, without manufacturing -- the link between software and hardware -- we can't be market leaders in any industry. At best, IMO, our programmers will be freelancers for outsourced jobs from countries where the real development is happening, or hoping to strike gold in apps market or online payment solutions. It's good, but not enough to make a wealthy nation. It's also the reason you won't find an indigenous Nigerian actively into robotics or quantum computing.

The government needs to show as much interest in improving education in agriculture, manufacturing, and vocational craftsmanship. We need engineers that can actually make stuff, not just churning out future operators and managers. We also need welders, carpenters etc that can make high quality stuff.

All these areas, not just programming skills, have to be improved upon for real development.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by Nobody: 9:18am On Feb 28, 2018
surgical:
All is propaganda ,they have the resources to do this and more but they will not, they are excellent in propaganda, in disguise, and deceit, a typical example is the way they are managing their LSETF they are not interested in anybody but how to be in office, fortunately for them lagosians are not checking them to verify their claims.

Have you applied to LSETF, and you found them to be a scam? I think Ambode is over-hyped on many measures, but let's be factual in criticism please.
Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by Dreydoe(m): 10:01am On Feb 28, 2018
Apus:

really.. Will have to confirm this info.. Even if sef
The payment is very late

So what about the Job placements for those that passed the exercises... Any news on that yet?
Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by Apus: 10:29am On Feb 28, 2018
Dreydoe:
really.. Will have to confirm this info.. Even if sef
The payment is very late

So what about the Job placements for those that passed the exercises... Any news on that yet?

On placements, nothing for now that I know of. Even certificates has not been awarded to participants.Guess they are taking their time @organisers.
Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by ocelot2006(m): 10:43am On Feb 28, 2018
I'm no fan of the APC, but this initiative by an APC led administration is truly laudable. I believe coding is a must have technical skill, and empowering a million young people with same skill should be applauded. Well done Ambode.
Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by akigbemaru: 10:51am On Feb 28, 2018
Dreydoe:

The Lstef programme partnered by Lagos state to empower unemployed youths dint live up to expectations atall, After all the rigours training, the batch 1 who have successfully concluded the program have not seen transportation fare- promised to them and even no jobs placement..

All na Akaraa..liars
Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by Dreydoe(m): 11:21am On Feb 28, 2018
Apus:

On placements, nothing for now that I know of. Even certificates has not been awarded to participants.Guess they are taking their time @organisers.
@orgainsers are a confused bunch...I tell ya.

Akara people.. Dey only promise
Dey dont act on it..

Lsetf- Lsesp is an example of deir Lies Jareee. Even the batch 2 that are currently on the exercise. Heard dey told em no more job placements. Just certificates only .mtcheww
Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by octopusfreaky(f): 3:25pm On Feb 28, 2018
Dreydoe:

All na Akaraa..liars
which one of the programmes? The graduate internship or the vocational training.
Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by surgical: 3:30pm On Feb 28, 2018
Bagehot:

Have you applied to LSETF, and you found them to be a scam? I think Ambode is over-hyped on many measures, but let's be factual in criticism please.
it is not only ambode its the entire APC regime in Lagos, the always over promise and under deliver, but they make up in been smooth and colourful. I chose the example of the LSETF because I thought its what the country needed as a whole, the financial institution had failed,when they were bringing bankers to manage it , I have my doubt but today we are where we are before.
Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by Dreydoe(m): 5:13pm On Feb 28, 2018
octopusfreaky:
which one of the programmes? The graduate internship or the vocational training.
vocational training for graduates and non graduates..
Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by Nobody: 6:53pm On Feb 28, 2018
pat077:
No details as to when the program is going to start and how they are going to select the beneficiaries
you know how beneficiaries will be selected
Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by cdqyehyeh(m): 12:37am On Mar 02, 2018
kingsleyugo41:
i applied last year please do u know if they have contacted ur friend?

yes he went for the program today

(1) (2) (Reply)

Developing An Operating System - What Are The Prerequisites / Create A Nested Lists Of Categories In Laravel 5 / Trivia Coding Questions (euler Project)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.