Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,783 members, 7,806,171 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:23 PM

Why Did You Become A Teacher - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Did You Become A Teacher (12631 Views)

What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher / My Encounter With A Teacher Turned Bricklayer / As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Become A Teacher by peemeeks(m): 6:19pm On Mar 01, 2018
My foray into teaching is to instill 21st century business mindset into teenagers so they can quickly grasp what it takes to be successful at an early age.

Most of my students meets atfer school hour for Tech Class (Coding, Computer Repair, Graphics etc)

Kindly add me to the group

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Become A Teacher by sirBLUNT: 6:20pm On Mar 01, 2018
MissJoy29:

Well, at first it wasn't passion that drove me. But during the course of the training and after, I discovered that few things in this life give me joy like imparting knowledge.

Again, I have always been super great with kids so...combining these two reasons, you have your answer as to why I'm passionate about teaching
my love for kids is divine too i think me and my wife will be competing on who will take care of baby...
Though i don't teach professionally but will love to lecture someday i love teaching
Re: Why Did You Become A Teacher by makydebbie(f): 6:21pm On Mar 01, 2018
sirBLUNT:
exactly my point experience is a bae..just one year and you sound like you have been teaching for 14year's lol...teacher's reward is in heaven abi?
Lol, I'm not there yet. grin

Yes, the full reward is in heaven. smiley
Re: Why Did You Become A Teacher by makydebbie(f): 6:23pm On Mar 01, 2018
AyamConfidence:
I wouldn't say it's not my thing......any honest job is my thing as far as it pays well but that's the problem here in Nigeria..... TEACHING DOESN'T FUC.KING PAY WELL and me I like money

I received peanuts as pay back then....I couldn't keep up but if I see one that pays me well and I have no other option....I'll be down

in all......THE PAY IS MY MOTIVATION
Lol, you were doing it for the money.

The money isn't much tbh. But I've some side hustle I do which keeps me going. wink
So with everything, I can pay my bills.
Re: Why Did You Become A Teacher by sirBLUNT: 6:39pm On Mar 01, 2018
makydebbie:
Lol, I'm not there yet. grin

Yes, the full reward is in heaven. smiley
to does that make heaven i guess..what about does that make it to the other cool side?
Re: Why Did You Become A Teacher by jidamsel43(m): 6:41pm On Mar 01, 2018

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Become A Teacher by JoyceMeyersFan(f): 6:41pm On Mar 01, 2018
makydebbie:
Can I send a PM?
Yes please
Re: Why Did You Become A Teacher by makydebbie(f): 6:44pm On Mar 01, 2018
sirBLUNT:
to does that make heaven i guess..what about does that make it to the other cool side?
Lol, I mean you can even be blessed on earth too.
Re: Why Did You Become A Teacher by makydebbie(f): 6:45pm On Mar 01, 2018
JoyceMeyersFan:

Yes please
Done.
Please reply so I can send my number.
Re: Why Did You Become A Teacher by jidamsel43(m): 6:46pm On Mar 01, 2018

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Become A Teacher by bartho77(m): 6:47pm On Mar 01, 2018
[quote author=JoyceMeyersFan post=65440851]People became teachers for so many reasons.... Because they couldn't get any other job, because they love teaching, to enjoy weekends and holidays, etc. If you became a teacher because it's your gift/passion and you desire to impact lives with it, drop your WhatsApp number on the comment section. I will add you to a group of teachers who are ready to sacrifice to change lives.[/quote

To impact younger generation with my wealth of knowledge and besides that, teaching is my gift.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Become A Teacher by MindExplorer(m): 6:47pm On Mar 01, 2018
Well, teaching for me is a passion and this is simply because I am in love with knowledge and children. The fact that as a teacher you are in touch with knowledge makes me love this profession so much. While as a teacher, I am constantly reinventing myself. I see that the future is just bright every day I morning I wake up. While I prepare my lesson plans, I see myself doing research and entering some level of knowledge that I am wowed at. I look myself in the mirror and I am excited at the lesson I am going to deliver for that day that it feels as if I should just run to class immediately. When I start my lesson, I begin by telling them that we are going to learn something interesting today. And believe me, it is always interesting.
Teaching is just fun... Yea, really fun people. And if you are thinking of joining the train, pls do, but make sure you do it from the heart. Open your heart and teach and you will love your life.

Enjoy!

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Become A Teacher by MissJoy29(f): 7:01pm On Mar 01, 2018
sirBLUNT:
my love for kids is divine too i think me and my wife will be competing on who will take care of baby...
Though i don't teach professionally but will love to lecture someday i love teaching
Are you serious? That's lovely. I like that.
Re: Why Did You Become A Teacher by BBBlaze: 7:10pm On Mar 01, 2018
JoyceMeyersFan:
People became teachers for so many reasons.... Because they couldn't get any other job, because they love teaching, to enjoy weekends and holidays, etc. If you became a teacher because it's your gift/passion and you desire to impact lives with it, drop your WhatsApp number on the comment section. I will add you to a group of teachers who are ready to sacrifice to change lives.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Become A Teacher by justlegacy: 7:47pm On Mar 01, 2018
Proud and passionate teacher 07036269594

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Become A Teacher by sirBLUNT: 8:01pm On Mar 01, 2018
MissJoy29:

Are you serious? That's lovely. I like that.
am damn serious dear..thanks dear...if getting married is all about kids i will have been married long time ago
Re: Why Did You Become A Teacher by sirBLUNT: 8:11pm On Mar 01, 2018
makydebbie:
Lol, I mean you can even be blessed on earth too.
i hope you're blessed already here?...
Re: Why Did You Become A Teacher by makydebbie(f): 8:14pm On Mar 01, 2018
sirBLUNT:
i hope you're blessed already here?...
His grace and favor is sufficient.
Re: Why Did You Become A Teacher by Rtopzy(f): 8:31pm On Mar 01, 2018

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Become A Teacher by ima4sure(f): 8:38pm On Mar 01, 2018

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Become A Teacher by Obansy112(m): 8:42pm On Mar 01, 2018

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Become A Teacher by pender22(m): 8:44pm On Mar 01, 2018

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Become A Teacher by MYBLOCUS: 8:47pm On Mar 01, 2018

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Become A Teacher by pedrilo: 9:39pm On Mar 01, 2018
I never liked this profession but now I cant do without a profession that got me a house and ride b4 i turned 30 in present day naija
Re: Why Did You Become A Teacher by nicekid4u(m): 9:59pm On Mar 01, 2018

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Become A Teacher by C4Ltd: 10:29pm On Mar 01, 2018
Re: Why Did You Become A Teacher by jojothaiv(m): 10:52pm On Mar 01, 2018
nony43:
Teaching is a noble profession, it is not well respected in this shit hole, some people are into teaching to earn a living while some are into teaching to share the wealth of knowledge to younger folks
I will go with the latter though i do my teaching in my church children department.

The experience and lessons has been wonderful, i still find it hard not being around the little ones, though tender and quite troublesome they are so precious not just to behold but to impact their lives positively..

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Become A Teacher by JoyceMeyersFan(f): 5:56am On Mar 02, 2018
mayor1115:
Kindly add me on 08075814521 so I can post job vacancies for teachers and other categories. Thanks

You can post job vacancies here. The only posts we want on the WhatsApp group are. 1. Things that will help us become better teachers 2. How we can help students educationally, morally, emotionally, physically and socially.
Re: Why Did You Become A Teacher by JoyceMeyersFan(f): 6:47am On Mar 02, 2018
Thanks all. I got more response than I expected. I am glad that we still have people who are passionate about teaching. Let's be proud of our profession and work at being better and making lives better.
Re: Why Did You Become A Teacher by labak1997: 3:21pm On Mar 04, 2018
MindExplorer:
Well, teaching for me is a passion and this is simply because I am in love with knowledge and children. The fact that as a teacher you are in touch with knowledge makes me love this profession so much. While as a teacher, I am constantly reinventing myself. I see that the future is just bright every day I morning I wake up. While I prepare my lesson plans, I see myself doing research and entering some level of knowledge that I am wowed at. I look myself in the mirror and I am excited at the lesson I am going to deliver for that day that it feels as if I should just run to class immediately. When I start my lesson, I begin by telling them that we are going to learn something interesting today. And believe me, it is always interesting.
Teaching is just fun... Yea, really fun people. And if you are thinking of joining the train, pls do, but make sure you do it from the heart. Open your heart and teach and you will love your life.

Enjoy!
08025800410. Add me up pls.

You sound like a wonderful teacher. Which state are you based?
Re: Why Did You Become A Teacher by labak1997: 3:25pm On Mar 04, 2018
Pls add me 0908 484 5882. It will be a pleasure to be part of this group.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Become A Teacher by Artless360(m): 6:32pm On Mar 06, 2018

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Promotes 2,932 Senior Civil Servants / Breaking News: Kogi State Wheelbarrow Pushers Embarked On Indefinite Strike / Being A Professional Female Photographer In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.