Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,984 members, 7,806,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

Things To Note Before Buying Tokunbo Car Engines - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Things To Note Before Buying Tokunbo Car Engines (3654 Views)

How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) / Advice Needed, Buying Tokunbo Tyres Or Brand New In Nigeria ? / Tips To Avoid Risks In Buying Tokunbo Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things To Note Before Buying Tokunbo Car Engines by bobi4brown(m): 5:51pm On Feb 28, 2018
Being a spare parts dealer for over 15years plus, there are very few things you should look out for before buying a tokunbo engine.
1. Ensure the there is no condemned oil left in the engine. In other words the engine must be neat inside-out.
2. Ensure the compressor is not broken. As it will devalue the engine greatly.
3. It is important you buy from an importer. To ensure you are buying straight the main dealers. Of course there are a lot of them in Lagos Nigeria. However, you should have it in mind that not every importer has a good heart. Some are out to make money at all cost.
4. Ensure you get at a good deal. Bargain very well before paying.
I will keep updating this post to assist those who might be interested.
Re: Things To Note Before Buying Tokunbo Car Engines by Badboiz(m): 6:39pm On Feb 28, 2018
I am looking forward to getting any engine but nice post..
Re: Things To Note Before Buying Tokunbo Car Engines by bobi4brown(m): 8:56pm On Feb 28, 2018
Badboiz:
I am looking forward to getting any engine but nice post..

Okay, but just be careful. If you need car engine you can pm.
Re: Things To Note Before Buying Tokunbo Car Engines by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:43am On Mar 01, 2018
bobi4brown:
Being a spare parts dealer for over 15years plus, there are very few things you should look out for before buying a tokunbo engine.
1. Ensure the there is no condemned oil left in the engine. In other words the engine must be neat inside-out.
3. It is important you buy from an importer. To ensure you are buying straight the main dealers. Of course there are a lot of them in Lagos Nigeria. However, you should have it in mind that not every importer has a good heart. Some are out to make money at all cost.

you just said nothing.

bobi4brown:

Okay, but just be careful. If you need car engine you can pm.

why PM? Place your phone number and shop address.

5 Likes

Re: Things To Note Before Buying Tokunbo Car Engines by bobi4brown(m): 7:52am On Mar 01, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

you just said nothing.

If you have anything to add no one is stopping you from doing so. Besides I said I'd modify the post as time goes on. Why do we have to be difficult all the time.

why PM? Place your phone number and shop address.

Locate us at AP warehouse, ladipo main market, Lagos
Call: 08092078946
Re: Things To Note Before Buying Tokunbo Car Engines by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:34am On Mar 01, 2018
bobi4brown:

Locate us at AP warehouse, ladipo main market, Lagos
Call: 08092078946

na so e de start, who is us? Do you know mazdaengineparts?

2 Likes

Re: Things To Note Before Buying Tokunbo Car Engines by id4sho(m): 12:49pm On Mar 01, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

naso
Re: Things To Note Before Buying Tokunbo Car Engines by bobi4brown(m): 3:05pm On Mar 01, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Sure, which Mazda engine you dey fine ?
Re: Things To Note Before Buying Tokunbo Car Engines by nakoks(m): 3:25pm On Mar 01, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Cut the guy some slack,most business people don't personalize their biz,its treated as a going concern.
Re: Things To Note Before Buying Tokunbo Car Engines by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:47pm On Mar 01, 2018
nakoks:

Cut the guy some slack,most business people don't personalize their biz,its treated as a going concern.

He has has said nothing to help a buyer select a good engine, but prefers a private arrangement to sell an engine, also he is yet to give a specific address.

he might have good intentions, but I will prefer Nairalanders deal with individuals who have specific verifiable addresses, and know their trade.

ladipo is a jungle, people get burnt every day there.

8 Likes

Re: Things To Note Before Buying Tokunbo Car Engines by erico2k2(m): 5:35pm On Mar 02, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

He has has said nothing to help a buyer select a good engine, but prefers a private arrangement to sell an engine, also he is yet to give a specific address.

he might have good intentions, but I will prefer Nairalanders deal with individuals who have specific verifiable addresses, and know their trade.

Gbam

1 Like

Re: Things To Note Before Buying Tokunbo Car Engines by Newboss(m): 11:20pm On Mar 02, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Reply his comment guy! angry

He asked you a question! angry
Re: Things To Note Before Buying Tokunbo Car Engines by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:52am On Mar 03, 2018
Newboss:
Reply his comment guy! angry

He asked you a question! angry

It's either you are being sarcastic,
or you are new on cartalk.

1 Like

Re: Things To Note Before Buying Tokunbo Car Engines by dokyOloye: 1:06am On Mar 03, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

It's either you are being sarcastic,
or you are new on cartalk.
You sef na biiiiig demeanor grin grin grin grin
Somebody cannot do 'oso ahia' in peace again grin grin grin grin
Re: Things To Note Before Buying Tokunbo Car Engines by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:20am On Mar 03, 2018
dokyOloye:
You sef na biiiiig demeanor grin grin grin grin
Somebody cannot do 'oso ahia' in peace again grin grin grin grin

since ipfreely give all of us liver, we de fire without looking back grin
Re: Things To Note Before Buying Tokunbo Car Engines by dokyOloye: 7:05am On Mar 03, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Big jungle, Ladipo is.
If you aren't watchful and knowledgeable, my IPOB brothers will sell a monkey to you at d price of a gorilla grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Things To Note Before Buying Tokunbo Car Engines by maxxx(m): 10:16am On Mar 04, 2018
@dokyoloye exactly. The funny thing is that they will be boldly defending themselves that the monkey they sold to you is really a gorilla. grin

1 Like

Re: Things To Note Before Buying Tokunbo Car Engines by nakoks(m): 12:14pm On Mar 04, 2018
dokyOloye:
Big jungle, Ladipo is.
If you aren't watchful and knowledgeable, my IPOB brothers will sell a monkey to you at d price of a gorilla grin grin grin

Adaka n'onu enwe. grin

3 Likes

Re: Things To Note Before Buying Tokunbo Car Engines by paymentvoucher: 4:33pm On Mar 05, 2018
Oga gazzuzz won't kill someone here with laughter oo. The guy has gone into extinction grin grin
GAZZUZZ:

since ipfreely give all of us liver, we de fire without looking back grin
Re: Things To Note Before Buying Tokunbo Car Engines by Ipfreely: 5:05pm On Mar 05, 2018
cheesy

Re: Things To Note Before Buying Tokunbo Car Engines by fola89(m): 8:54pm On Jun 25, 2019
Am in need of a 2001 Nissan Altima engine, what's the price for grade A engine
bobi4brown:

(1) (Reply)

Border Re-opening A Big Threat To Car Dealers / Only In Dubai: Police Force Buys $550,000 Lamborghini / How Do I Choose Between A Mercedes GLC, A Landrover Discovery And Volvo CX90

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.